Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant open while not at the lot

This is a neat thing that's available in Dine Out - being able to open your restaurant even if your sim (the owner) isn't there. I've played around a little bit with managing the restaurant and having my sim be there the entire time it's open. The thing is when I open it without being there it doesn't make a profit, as in, it says there are no customers and I'm not getting paid. When I click to go to the restaurant that changes, it's packed with sims and is doing well.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Yes. I was watching it today. In theory, you are supposed to be able to only come in once or twice a week without having to micro manage. That way you're supposed to be able to own 7 restaurants and visit one each day. That's what the video said.

That's not happening with me, though. My staff is at level 5 and I have the well managed perk, and still After an hour or so after opening if I'm not there, I get the notice that the place is losing money. And sure enough, when I close, I come out with very little compared to being there all the time.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I've two five star restaurants with all the perks and fully trained staff, yet don't make any profit when both see open.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2016
    Guess, you get profit when customers are done with their meals, so I was able to figure out how this works, if you open it from the state of close it will take 3 or 4 hours to get the crowd into seated fed and paid to make any profit. The restursant remembers its state, leave the lot when its open and your have customers.

Edit another problem is until your staff is favorable towards the restursant the restursant will run poorly while you are away from it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    MulqueenyMulqueeny Posts: 2 New Member
    It's so broken, You should earn money whilst it's open regardless, it kind of defeats the purpose having to be there all the time to make any money.

I can't believe this issues still hasn't been fixed in 2017!
  • Options
    DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    Mulqueeny wrote: »
    It's so broken, You should earn money whilst it's open regardless, it kind of defeats the purpose having to be there all the time to make any money.

I can't believe this issues still hasn't been fixed in 2017!

As opposed to all the issues that they have fixed for Dine Out?

610602a4526011b7fb0e16eaefe9ef8e.jpg
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    One year later....

Has this been fixed yet?
  • Options
    littleladylionesslittleladylioness Posts: 8 New Member
    this is still not fixed! I have a 5 star restaurant where all my employees are level 5 and very satisfied, yet I lose money every time I open it when I am not there. I did not have this problem when I did the same with the vet career, I would make less if I was not present but would still turn a profit!
  • Options
    ihatecreatingtheseihatecreatingthese Posts: 1 New Member
    Still not fixed, guess it never will be. Really annoying as means you can’t own more than one restaurant and I had plans of opening an empire!
  • Options
    mekelleymekelley Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm really disappointed that this still hasn't been fixed. I wanted to run a restaurant and also work, but when I'm not there the restaurant serves 0 customers but when I went to go check up on it they served 2 customers while i was there....What's the point of having a restaurant if I have to be there when it's open.
  • Options
    kthlnmnstrkthlnmnstr Posts: 7 New Member
    It's January 2020, I just got dine out finally!~ Still broken.
  • Options
    LEXLEW1231LEXLEW1231 Posts: 1 New Member
    Its now January 2021. Still isn't fixed.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited January 2021
    Wait the restaurant was suppose to make money even though your not there? I thought it was just a thing they never thought to make.
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    Even worse with the new patch 🙁
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I can't help but feel that it's intentional...

If you want the restaurant to do well without your sim, you'll need a perk called "Well Managed" which costs 4500 perk points.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks, please don't necro older threads. You're welcome to create a new thread to discuss resturants following the latest patch if you'd like instead. We'll close this thread here to limit further necroposting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top