Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5? Maxis Recruiting for “Exciting New Game in the Sims Franchise”

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think its weird to complain in sims 3 that you couldn't travel to worlds?You couldn'tdo that in 2 either . Unless it was an add-on? Downtown ,and bluewater village had to be add-on . Main neighborhoods like Pleasant view, or Strangetown. You couldn't travel to those .

I don't think it's weird at all. Not being able to travel to different worlds and dimensional time were my two chief complaints with The Sims 2.

No ,but the person saying couldn't do it three ? When reality you couldn't do it two either .

I don't believe that invalidates the complaint, especially with the purpose that the feature being one they would like to see in a hypothetical Sims 5.

It does invalidate it . If the complaint is why we should not have open world in sims 5 ? If Sims 2 had the ability to go to the main neighborhoods. That complaint for sims 3 is justified, but since its something that neither version had . Only four that have the option that is the latter game in the franchise?Is getting mad for something for three that two didn't have either? Its make the complaint seems neetpicky . Not that wanting the option for sims 5 is bad .

It doesn't seem like they were angry at all. But the complaint remains valid in the context of wanting it for The Sims 5.

The complaint isn't valid for wanting it in sims 5.The complaint is wrong that is blame three for something two didn't have

I'll agree with you. We could only travel to subhoods and back. So, no, we've never been able to actually travel to the other main worlds in any of these games. I can't call the S4 worlds, worlds. They are way too small to be called worlds.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I'd like the ability to travel between worlds, but not just to go to the gym. I want it like a vacation or something. I also don't want to see residents of another world visiting my world just to jog around my neighborhood. I want to feel like they are actually different countries or something with differences that will make visiting them special.

I want my home world to be big enough to have what my sim needs.
    To-tal-ly this! I would want the option to be able to move my sim to another world though. And not the Sims 3 way where they lose all relationships of course. Just being able to choose in which world you actively want to play in when choosing to play a certain sim. This might be asking too much by the way I could imagine because the game would have to be able to adjust when a rotational player changes household. Just dreaming away :grimace:

TS4 is actually a good setup for what you want in TS5. And I hope they keep that setup where we do travel freely between worlds, now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think they should just come forward and say they are actively working/brainstorming about a TS5.

This way they can pull the community in the project to give them feedback and ideas as they develop. When the game is almost done, it's too little too late to make the changes and do something with all the feedback they get from the community.

I mean, they don't have to go really into detail about a possible TS5, but by announcing they are at least looking/brainstorming for a possible TS5, they can work together with the community all the way. Doesn't matter if it's years away from release.

I don't want them to make the same mistakes again like with TS4..

I tried to start a thread that asked, if there is to be a sims5 what would you want it to be. It got deleted. I thought it was a good idea for them to see what the people wanted. Why wouldn't they want our ideas?
    Are you sure it was deleted, not moved or merged with another topic? There is a topic in Off Topic where ideas for a Sims 5 are shared (two topics even).

I looked for it everywhere, I never found it. I put it in the search box even.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2018
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931680/if-we-get-sims5-what-would-you-want-it-to-be-like#latest

Is this it?

If you go to your profile and look at "discussions" you will see a list of all the threads you started. I found this thread that way.

I don't know if this is the one you are talking about, though.

@catitude5
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I'd like the ability to travel between worlds, but not just to go to the gym. I want it like a vacation or something. I also don't want to see residents of another world visiting my world just to jog around my neighborhood. I want to feel like they are actually different countries or something with differences that will make visiting them special.

To-tal-ly this! I would want the option to be able to move my sim to another world though. And not the Sims 3 way where they lose all relationships of course. Just being able to choose in which world you actively want to play in when choosing to play a certain sim. This might be asking too much by the way I could imagine because the game would have to be able to adjust when a rotational player changes household. Just dreaming away :grimace:

TS4 is actually a good setup for what you want in TS5. And I hope they keep that setup where we do travel freely between worlds, now.
    Not in respect to what @Idontrcall said (and which I'd find very important as well, I dislike this aspect in Sims 4):
    I also don't want to see residents of another world visiting my world just to jog around my neighborhood. I want to feel like they are actually different countries or something with differences that will make visiting them special.

So I'd really want a combination of the way it works in Sims 3 and the ability to travel between worlds Sims 4 has. That might not be possible technically though.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think they should just come forward and say they are actively working/brainstorming about a TS5.

This way they can pull the community in the project to give them feedback and ideas as they develop. When the game is almost done, it's too little too late to make the changes and do something with all the feedback they get from the community.

I mean, they don't have to go really into detail about a possible TS5, but by announcing they are at least looking/brainstorming for a possible TS5, they can work together with the community all the way. Doesn't matter if it's years away from release.

I don't want them to make the same mistakes again like with TS4..

I tried to start a thread that asked, if there is to be a sims5 what would you want it to be. It got deleted. I thought it was a good idea for them to see what the people wanted. Why wouldn't they want our ideas?
    Are you sure it was deleted, not moved or merged with another topic? There is a topic in Off Topic where ideas for a Sims 5 are shared (two topics even).

I looked for it everywhere, I never found it. I put it in the search box even.
    That's a shame!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    RE: Cars - If drive-able vehicles suddenly appear now..hmmm....there are going to be a LOT of builders thrown for a loop. When was the last time you saw a sims home with enough space for a garage? or even a driveway. I build much more than I play - but the builds are all mine. How many of you have downloaded a beautiful home (think, maybe, from Peacemaker), planted a family and maybe a garden... then try to figure out what to demolish to make room for a driveway if not a garage??? As time as rolled along I've come to the conclusion that I don't want my sims driving vehicles in S4...I don't want to have to rebuild my entire game lol Yeah, I know, I could always NOT use them...but that's not likely lol Just saying...

That reminds me of TS2 when everyone had to change their houses once cars where added
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2018
    I think its weird to complain in sims 3 that you couldn't travel to worlds?You couldn'tdo that in 2 either . Unless it was an add-on? Downtown ,and bluewater village had to be add-on . Main neighborhoods like Pleasant view, or Strangetown. You couldn't travel to those .

I don't think it's weird at all. Not being able to travel to different worlds and dimensional time were my two chief complaints with The Sims 2.

No ,but the person saying couldn't do it three ? When reality you couldn't do it two either .

I was comparing Sims 3 and Sims 4 since so many people believe that Sims 3 was perfect when it had it's flaws. I spent hours that I could be playing customizing worlds to add in features from new packs, and sometimes it wasn't even possible -- the Sims 3 developers were enamred with weird venue sizes that didn't fit on any of the standard size lots easily. There was one venue that was a 32x29, so the only lot it would fit on was a 40x40 and you had a lot of space left over. Eventually we did get the ability to move lots so you could put the venue closer to the street and such, but it was still annoying to have to use a lot that was too big and fill in the excess with plants or pavement. I like that we have standard lot sizes for the entertainment venues.

My ideal Sims 5 would have:
    • the whimsy and humor of Sims 2 (children standing on adults feet to "dance" or running into the house to show off their good report card instead of just a little notification in the corner, genies that are happy in their bottle and are capricous souls who when you wish for money ou can get either a lot of Simoleons or stacks of past due bills)
    • the creativity of Sims 3 (CASt or at least a color wheel, worlds with unique themes, terrain tools)
    • the graphics and creative tools of Sims 4 (push/pull tools for CAS and building/remodeling)

Add to that meaningful life stages right out of the box -- babies that are more than just ohjects, toddlers we don't have to wait 2+ years for, children that have play options that don't rely on "stuff", teens that feel like teens and not mini-adults, more definition between YA/Adult/Elder. Maybe instead of whims we could get a Sims 2 style wants and fears system, along with a memory system that's not going to cause bloated saves. How many times does a Sim have to remember growing a perfect plant? Maybe a decay system where key events (births, deaths, marriage/breakups, job changes, etc.) would be remembered for life, while smaller events (grew a perfect plant, watched a great entertainment performance, etc.) would have a decay so eventually a Sim would forget.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I have bought all the sims 4 packs ( Over a period of two years which is still a ton of money) and for them to make another one would be kinda weird, I mean just made more packs instead of a sims 5. I know they did that in sims 4 but how better the graphics be anyways, what would be the difference.

@tulipssimmer: It's not weird at all, they've been doing it since Sims 2.

I was watching some Sims 1 trailers on YouTube today (I'd love an updated version of The Sims Superstar or The Sims Makin' Magic). The graphics and playstyles are primitive; as technology improves it's only natural for developers to wamt to take advantage of the advances when making the game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    To set things straight (always tricky to fill in for others what they believe), it’s a misconception to think Sims 3 fans who’d love the franchise to continue from where that version left off think the game was perfect. It was far from perfect and everybody knows it. And still a joy in all its imperfection.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    The link isn't working. Could what it connected to be down already? Not holding my breath on 5. If it ever happens, be better if it came from another company, one that actually cared and knew how to build a good game.

Be careful, @Oldeseadogge, that kind of viewpoint could very well be viewed as "heretical" ;)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't believe that invalidates the complaint, especially with the purpose that the feature being one they would like to see in a hypothetical Sims 5.

It does invalidate it . If the complaint is why we should not have open world in sims 5 ? If Sims 2 had the ability to go to the main neighborhoods. That complaint for sims 3 is justified, but since its something that neither version had . Only four that have the option that is the latter game in the franchise?Is getting mad for something for three that two didn't have either? Its make the complaint seems neetpicky . Not that wanting the option for sims 5 is bad .

It doesn't seem like they were angry at all. But the complaint remains valid in the context of wanting it for The Sims 5.

The complaint isn't valid for wanting it in sims 5.The complaint is wrong that is blame three for something two didn't have

I'll agree with you. We could only travel to subhoods and back. So, no, we've never been able to actually travel to the other main worlds in any of these games. I can't call the S4 worlds, worlds. They are way too small to be called worlds.

Yep,and sims 3 had stuff like that's as well
    The sub worlds liFrance,China,Egypt,university,and the future.The only thing was night life ,and the remake late night.Which just became its own world.Sims 3 did not need us worlds like dons 2.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I was comparing Sims 3 and Sims 4 since so many people believe that Sims 3 was perfect when it had it's flaws. I spent hours that I could be playing customizing worlds to add in features from new packs, and sometimes it wasn't even possible -- the Sims 3 developers were enamred with weird venue sizes that didn't fit on any of the standard size lots easily. There was one venue that was a 32x29, so the only lot it would fit on was a 40x40 and you had a lot of space left over. Eventually we did get the ability to move lots so you could put the venue closer to the street and such, but it was still annoying to have to use a lot that was too big and fill in the excess with plants or pavement. I like that we have standard lot sizes for the entertainment venues.

g

So you had a complaint,by comparing something to a previous game?That's like me complaining in sims 2.That you can't leave your child alone a lot ? Needs going down,and you imedeyly died?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The link isn't working. Could what it connected to be down already? Not holding my breath on 5. If it ever happens, be better if it came from another company, one that actually cared and knew how to build a good game.

Be careful, @Oldeseadogge, that kind of viewpoint could very well be viewed as "heretical" ;)

Maybe so, but I'm old enough to remember the days when divergent viewpoints were fuel for lively discussions and opportunities for expanding one's horizons. When free speech was a reality, not a façade. As far as Sims games go, TS2 - though not perfect - was well thought out, well executed, and embraced player input. The same cannot be said for TS4, which is a knee-jerk response to a failed and disastrous initial premise, a Yugo compared to a Chevelle SS 454 (insert your favourite muscle care here).
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member

Maybe so, but I'm old enough to remember the days when divergent viewpoints were fuel for lively discussions and opportunities for expanding one's horizons. When free speech was a reality, not a façade.

Yup, those times have certainly gone...haven't they. :( Have always enjoyed hearing divergent viewpoints. But it seems as though divergent viewpoints seem to be shut down rather quickly these days.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Unfortunately. Rather like a couple of countries in Europe that went blooie back in the 20th century. As to the topic, I do hope the reported hiring at EAxis suggests a breath of fresh air in simming. There is so much potential, even in TS4, that is just not followed through on. Start with what works, TS2. Then add to it what works from the later editions, and leave the bugs in the swamp.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I hope it is for Sims 5 and they take their time developing it to make it the best game ever by giving the community what they expect of the base game to have. With that said, pending on their resources, I guess we'll see something of Sims 5 in three to 5 years. They've already said they have three years of content planned for Sims 4.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Speak for yourself. I still think TS2 looks alright and I still play it sometimes. And I think GTA V looks okay too. The Sims doesn't have to be extremely realistic. It's just that TS4 is too cartoony for me

They’re better of doing cartoony with realistic elements, rather than realistic with cartoony elements.

The Sims 3 at times was a little bit too realistic when it came to Sim design. Child/Toddler Sims especially needed less realism and more cartoony aspects they were scary at times :joy:

And yet, TS2 and TS3 did as good if not better than TS4.

It’s likely that the 10M badge the Guru’s posted means 10 million sales which already puts the Sims 4 above 2 & 3 on PC/Mac.

Sims 3 hit 10 million but that figure included everything from PC, Mac, console, handhelds and smartphones. We already know the Sims 2 did 6 million on PC, and 13 million on all platforms.

Also, The Sims 2 and 3 were considered outdated and at the end of their shelf life in 2008 & 2013, people were expecting a new game,

Yet The Sims 4 came to console at the end of 2017 and is still selling like a brand new game, obviously the artsyle is working and EA are able to continue to push the game as a AAA game.

Imagine The Sims 2 in 2010 for example, of The Sims 3 in 2015 and EA still releasing DLC the public would not care.

I can still see the public caring about the Sims 4 in 2020 and that’s mostly due to the fact it still looks current.

I think you are dreaming. If the new TS5 lures TS2 and TS3 players over to it, then TS4 will be lost in the dust. Think about it, if a new Sims game can get TS3 players to turn loose of TS3 and also lure over TS2 players, then TS4 will be a side game some play sometimes, like maybe The Sims Medieval, it will then become a tiny niche of the community and all the others (TS2 &TS3) would support a new TS5 if it has things both types of players want. TS4 can't do that for TS2 and TS3 players, so a new game could, maybe, and therefore TS4 would be forgotten about by most.

ETA: People are expecting a new game, because TS4 is four years old, and time's up for most veteran players, expecting to see a new game, no matter how long they say TS4 will last. Most veteran players are ready to see the leaks about TS5. :D

Most of the feedback on Twitter and relevant online places is that people want TS4 to stick around.

Honestly, I think the people who say “everyone is ready for Sims 5” are the ones who are dreaming.

The Sims 4 Seasons sold over 1 million copies first week. That’s the kind of numbers EA expects from a whole new game, not a DLC 4 years in. And that’s just PC/Mac. What about when it’s put on console?

Why release a whole new base game when the DLC is making so much profit?

Reality is, “most veteran players” are clearly supporting the Sims 4. There’s a “select amount of players” who consider themselves “more veteran than anyone else” only because they play The Sims 2 more than 3 & 4, and that makes them feel that they’re opinions are more valid.

The Sims 3 base game was at 3 million, 3 months after release. The fact that Seasons is probably around 1.5 million already and only $10 cheaper than a base game, I can see them looking at these figures and realising where the logical road to go is (which is not retiring Sims 4 anytime soon).

LOL, good one. I don't think I'm any more veteran than anyone else. But what I do know is I bet EA would still like to have all those TS3 players who didn't buy TS4. No matter who plays now, I think a gaming company still wants more players, no matter how large their current fanbase might be currently. EA has bought the domain names of The Sims through Ten/TS10 so I expect we will see a new one, whether TS4 players want to move on or not. We all went through that four times, or not. We know that's how this game rolls. Why TS4 players refuse to see the writing on the wall is beyond me. Why did they make/build TS4 because when TS3 was selling like hot cakes and millions didn't want a new game? Because, at some point it's time to move on because the engine becomes a big bug mess.

No point in arguing jackjack, they are hiring for a new game and of course it has to be The Sims 5.

ETA: And note though they say TS4 will continue and it will until the next one, they started production on 5 in the same pattern they started 2, 3, and 4...so nothing has changed about EA's past history concerning The Sims series.

Any game loses players from iteration to interation. But the Sims 4 is selling better on more platforms than 3, so I doubt EA cares if a percentage of players didn’t move from 3 to 4. There would be a percentage that didn’t move from 1 to 2, considering The Sims 2 failed to match the success of the Sims 1 (it didn’t even come close). I’m sure EA wants those players back too.

You’re right, the reason why EA moved on from TS3 was due to the fact that the Rhine was a mess. But that’s only because EA made a plum engine. They reused the Sims 2 engine and basically built a new game over the top of an old one, and surprise surprise, it ran horribly.

The Sims 4 still runs amazingly, even now. And the heavy packs like Seasons didn’t even phase the Sims 4. There’s no slowdown when it rains, storms or snows.

In the past, they pretty much left Seasons near to last because the slowdowns pretty much meant “times up” for the game.

If they can have Seasons and the game still run perfectly, there’s no rush for them to move on.

Also, I don’t need to argue because if you read the job advertisements carefully, you would see that are making a new franchise within The Sims franchise, not a sequel.

The job description states:
    Grow the game into a successful franchise capable of multiple versions

It states that they want this new game to start “a franchise” which implies it will be a whole new franchise, like MySims or The Sims Stories, but within the Sims franchise.

You wouldn’t need to grow The Sims 5 into a franchise because it’s already the 5th title in the franchise.

You don’t start a franchise with a sequel nor would it need to “grow into a franchise” because it will already be a part of a successful franchise.

People are hyped and that’s okay, but the writing is literally in the advertisement that’s its for a whole new franchise.

The "“grow the game into a successful franchise capable of multiple versions." part could indicate that they simply don't want the game to tank so hard it becomes Simcity 2013 again.

That wouldn’t be a franchise then.

SimCity 2013 wasn’t a franchise, it was an entry in an already established franchise.

You can’t create new definitions for worlds. A franchise is a “series” of something with multiple sequels.

The Sims 5 would not be it’s own franchise it would be an entry in the already existing franchise.

What is a whole new franchise is games like My Sims, The Urbz, The Sims Medieval etc.

It looks to me that Maxis are working on a new franchise based on the Sims, that may potentially have a more realistic feel than normal.

The Urbz, for example, kept to the Sims formula but was completely different to the Sims/Sims 2.

If it was a sequel to The Sims 4, they wouldn’t mention “franchise” they would say something like “a successful entry into the Sims Franchise, capable of multiple add ons”

It’s all in the words. It’s not very specific but it says what it needs to.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2018
    The job description read:

"Expand the playable/shippable level to produce a full AAA title"

Doesn't that mean the new game is expected to be a big deal? I don't know if side games would be considered AAA titles. I do not know, so if I'm wrong you can tell me so.

And could franchise be meant to be Sims 5 not just the Sims in general franchise. Some places I read included side games as part of the Sims Franchise...but could Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and a possible Sims 5 be considered franchises in themselves? Like the Sims 3 franchise? Or the SIms 4 franchise? Or do they always fit under the big "The Sims Franchise?"

I do not know the terminology. I would think this is for Sims 5, and if not Sims 5 at least it's going to be something major and big, not just a side game...and they did state specifically "sims" in the job description, too. I loved Medieval. I'd be happy with something like that, honestly. I don't think it was ever considered a AAA game, though. Was it?

A franchise is usually identified by what they ship the game under.

So example anything with simply “The Sims” would come under “The Sims” franchise.

“‘My Sims” is part under The Sims franchise, but “My Sims” part of The Sims franchise.

Another example, “The Sims Medieval” seems like it would be an entry in the “The Sims” franchise but it’s not. It’s “The Sims Medieval” franchise because Pirates & Nobles was called “The Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles”

To be a franchise, you also need multiple entries. DLC is an add on to The Sims 4, but there isn’t “The Sims 4: 2!” or anything.
    Hence why the application says “produce multiple versions”. They need sequels for it to be a franchise.

Hence why they said “grow into a successful franchise”

The Sims franchise is already successful, so it would mean that a new franchise that falls under The Sims franchise but doesn’t use “The Sims”

If this is for The Sims 5, they’ve advertised it completely wrong.
  • Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    edited September 2018
    I just read this on SimsVip. So, are they in the works for Sims 5 or is this for new/more/better content for Sims 4. I have mixed feelings about Sims 5. I do like Sims 4, however think it could have been implemented better. I like the open world of Sims 3 but do think the open neighborhoods concept would work for Sims 4. I hope if it is Sims 5 that the basic games comes with more features like toddlers not tied to the crib, basic weather would be nice. Anyway what are your thoughts about thishttps://simsvip.com/2018/09/10/the-sims-5-maxis-recruiting-for-exciting-new-game-in-the-sims-franchise/

If they are creating a Sims 5 online I want to be and I love to be a Beta tester my goals making sure its safe for youth see the security issues and consult on ideas for the game EA if you need a Sim user Beta Tester let me know I've done other things for youth have CV , Letters of Recommendations and can sign a contract stating I am not to legally tell no one about Sims 5, if it becomes a big online program then I be happy if you guys create a volunteer team please check my message @EA_Lanna
  • Options
    To anyone at this time there are false websites please be careful in what your searching as these websites look legit but aren't the real sims 5 most of them come with viruses.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The job description read:

"Expand the playable/shippable level to produce a full AAA title"

Doesn't that mean the new game is expected to be a big deal? I don't know if side games would be considered AAA titles. I do not know, so if I'm wrong you can tell me so.

And could franchise be meant to be Sims 5 not just the Sims in general franchise. Some places I read included side games as part of the Sims Franchise...but could Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and a possible Sims 5 be considered franchises in themselves? Like the Sims 3 franchise? Or the SIms 4 franchise? Or do they always fit under the big "The Sims Franchise?"

I do not know the terminology. I would think this is for Sims 5, and if not Sims 5 at least it's going to be something major and big, not just a side game...and they did state specifically "sims" in the job description, too. I loved Medieval. I'd be happy with something like that, honestly. I don't think it was ever considered a AAA game, though. Was it?

A franchise is usually identified by what they ship the game under.

So example anything with simply “The Sims” would come under “The Sims” franchise.

“‘My Sims” is part under The Sims franchise, but “My Sims” part of The Sims franchise.

Another example, “The Sims Medieval” seems like it would be an entry in the “The Sims” franchise but it’s not. It’s “The Sims Medieval” franchise because Pirates & Nobles was called “The Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles”

To be a franchise, you also need multiple entries. DLC is an add on to The Sims 4, but there isn’t “The Sims 4: 2!” or anything.
    Hence why the application says “produce multiple versions”. They need sequels for it to be a franchise.

Hence why they said “grow into a successful franchise”

The Sims franchise is already successful, so it would mean that a new franchise that falls under The Sims franchise but doesn’t use “The Sims”

If this is for The Sims 5, they’ve advertised it completely wrong.

You’re reading way too far into the verbiage. The Sims 4 could be considered a franchise, seeing how it has multiple versions and it’s own lineup of content. Sims 3 could be considered a franchise, again multiple versions and it’s own lineup of content. 2? Yep, 1? You know.... yeah.

The Sims is also considered a franchise, but in a less specific way. So it’s not as if they need to release a completely different game to consider it a new franchise, because each installment is in itself it’s own franchise. Stuff for TS3 does not work with The Sims 2, or 4. Same for every other combination of games. Separate franchises and content, under the same parent franchise.

Also there has been no advertisements. You have said this several times now across different threads and it’s just wrong. They haven’t advertised anything yet they have put out some job listings.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

"Create a wide variety of concepts including vistas, structures, organic and hard surface props and vehicles"
    I hope those are not the type we get in Sims 4!
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

"Create a wide variety of concepts including vistas, structures, organic and hard surface props and vehicles"

Likely EA will put these jobs on LinkedIn if this ad is real LinkedIn is the best way to connect in these fields.

I can't confirm if its fake but going by instincts and Stock prices I doubt this ad is real.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Likely EA will put these jobs on LinkedIn if this ad is real LinkedIn is the best way to connect in these fields.

I can't confirm if its fake but going by instincts and Stock prices I doubt this ad is real.

Confirmed on LinkedIn the job postings are showing so this research is true don't know much about the website legibility but I can say EA is hiring in these roles through LinkedIn if your interested in a job at EA please use LinkedIn its the best platform to profesionally get your CV or Resume out there.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Confirmed on LinkedIn the job postings are showing so this research is true don't know much about the website legibility but I can say EA is hiring in these roles through LinkedIn if your interested in a job at EA please use LinkedIn its the best platform to profesionally get your CV or Resume out there.

" to confirm website as stated Sims Community is one of the largest Community websites for The Sims Series. We offer up-to-date news, unique articles, helpful tutorials and more!

We are not affiliated with Electronic Arts or its licensors. Trademarks mentioned on this website are the property of their respective owners."

As always to anyone ask in the appropriate forum and you'll likely get a answer with litlle details but they can confirm the facts.