Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5? Maxis Recruiting for “Exciting New Game in the Sims Franchise”

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    To me, "Exciting new game" could mean just about anything coming from EA.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I'd actually like a Sims 4 Life stories or Medieval...
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    I'd actually like a Sims 4 Life stories or Medieval...
    That's not going to happen.This is going to be an aa game.Some positions asking to do a realistic style?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I want the option to Choose which 'neighborhoods' are connected to my main neighborhood per save. Don't like having to have the same ones all the time.

I have So many wants and yet so many settles. :lol:
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    When it comes to The Sims...over time since all the way back to S1, I've learned to just go with the flow. No one makes me buy their stuff... so if I stick with them, well...it's my fault. I do think, though, that the over-all quality, expertise, whatever has slipped. I've played EA's game site POGO for nearly 20 years and it's a mess with all kinds of bugs, too (and it wasn't before EA bought it) :s
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I'd like the ability to travel between worlds, but not just to go to the gym. I want it like a vacation or something. I also don't want to see residents of another world visiting my world just to jog around my neighborhood. I want to feel like they are actually different countries or something with differences that will make visiting them special.

I want my home world to be big enough to have what my sim needs.
    To-tal-ly this! I would want the option to be able to move my sim to another world though. And not the Sims 3 way where they lose all relationships of course. Just being able to choose in which world you actively want to play in when choosing to play a certain sim. This might be asking too much by the way I could imagine because the game would have to be able to adjust when a rotational player changes household. Just dreaming away :grimace:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I don't want 'Sims 5' I think 4 series of the same stuff is enough. I'd rather they make everything people want for sims 4 and keep the game as an ongoing thing with updates and new packs here and there. I would love spin off's though, like online, castaway, medievel etc but with new things that we havent seen before. I'd pay for things like open neighbourhoods and a new graphics update to be added as I know the game was built a certain way, but they built it so surely they can change it, its just probably not in EA's interests to give something like that for free. (i'm no game expert and have no idea how they built the game so don't come for me) I just feel as though why should we have to buy everything again. Shouldn't they tweak this version or create some sort of add-on for whatever it is people are hoping to see in sims 5? I'd rather buy an upgrade and keep all the packs i've bought. Don't let sims turn into Fifa 150 :lol:

Anyway just my views on the subject. I hope all these new people are for something to do with sims 4. I'd even love if they put their efforts towards fixing the older sims games aswell instead of being forgotten about. So much money invested into a game I love to be pushed aside without things I really hoped to see. I hope sims 4 isn't going down the same route.

the thing is that open neighbourhoods and new graphics are not possible under the current engine. Remember this was originally going to be online and thats why we have the limitations in the engage well that and that is why i feel that we are getting the sims5 the game that they wanted to make
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I'd like the ability to travel between worlds, but not just to go to the gym. I want it like a vacation or something. I also don't want to see residents of another world visiting my world just to jog around my neighborhood. I want to feel like they are actually different countries or something with differences that will make visiting them special.

I want my home world to be big enough to have what my sim needs.
    To-tal-ly this! I would want the option to be able to move my sim to another world though. And not the Sims 3 way where they lose all relationships of course. Just being able to choose in which world you actively want to play in when choosing to play a certain sim. This might be asking too much by the way I could imagine because the game would have to be able to adjust when a rotational player changes household. Just dreaming away :grimace:

I wouldn't have a problem with being able to link worlds together which would be one of TS4's better points. The sad thing is though that in TS4 the worlds are so small that is more of a blessing than anything else.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Can't be all that exciting. They haven't hired me yet. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    So you just want Sims 3 again?

I really loved sims3, yes I want it again, but better and updated. I had to start sims3 over then it wouldn't download anything, can't play it anymore.
  • tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
    I have bought all the sims 4 packs ( Over a period of two years which is still a ton of money) and for them to make another one would be kinda weird, I mean just made more packs instead of a sims 5. I know they did that in sims 4 but how better the graphics be anyways, what would be the difference.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I think the graphics could be improved by a lot. I'd like to see a change in appearance. I'd happily support it if it gave me a lot of what I like in game. Of course, I've been through this 4 times already. But I've enjoyed every minute of it when I'm playing.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I have bought all the sims 4 packs ( Over a period of two years which is still a ton of money) and for them to make another one would be kinda weird, I mean just made more packs instead of a sims 5. I know they did that in sims 4 but how better the graphics be anyways, what would be the difference.

@tulipssimmer: It's not weird at all, they've been doing it since Sims 2.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Guys...."Create a wide variety of concepts including vistas, structures, organic and hard surface props and vehicles"

If this is TS5, it might have cars in it :smiley:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Guys...."Create a wide variety of concepts including vistas, structures, organic and hard surface props and vehicles"

The mere fact that makes us jump in anticipation...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh right. Even functioning non-ownable vehicles would help with immersion. It feels weird that TS4 is an entire world devoid of any vehicles, except parked ones that only serve as background props and are never ever used. 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2018
    I think they should just come forward and say they are actively working/brainstorming about a TS5.

This way they can pull the community in the project to give them feedback and ideas as they develop. When the game is almost done, it's too little too late to make the changes and do something with all the feedback they get from the community.

I mean, they don't have to go really into detail about a possible TS5, but by announcing they are at least looking/brainstorming for a possible TS5, they can work together with the community all the way. Doesn't matter if it's years away from release.

I don't want them to make the same mistakes again like with TS4..
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think they should just come forward and say they are actively working/brainstorming about a TS5.

This way they can pull the community in the project to give them feedback and ideas as they develop. When the game is almost done, it's too little too late to make the changes and do something with all the feedback they get from the community.

I mean, they don't have to go really into detail about a possible TS5, but by announcing they are at least looking/brainstorming for a possible TS5, they can work together with the community all the way. Doesn't matter if it's years away from release.

I tried to start a thread that asked, if there is to be a sims5 what would you want it to be. It got deleted. I thought it was a good idea for them to see what the people wanted. Why wouldn't they want our ideas?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    As a player since 2001 I am “low key” over TS4, I’ve been a vocal person about it all. I’m ready for “The Sims”. It’s time to get back to it! I am ready for the next iteration! If they learn from this mistake (goodness no patch ,or Plum object, will save this game). Then I am ready to move on! I only love TS4 because of the art style (ts2 beta in ultra graphics, hello?). But I need depth! These older games have it, like TS2, even 3 (open world!?) but this game falls short! It’s so pretty, but the soul is empty! I just don’t understand. Port, and convert it if you have to, but refine it.

I’m looking forward to them “ making it right”, my goodness. What would Will Wright think about this?

Let us tell the story, set the tone, just add the little details to help us all tell our particular story.

Open world, closed districts, cars (with animation for GS!), portable Babies, tea sets, picnic baskets. Beaches! Pools? Toddlers (ts4!). No need for extra realistic! Clean, smooth edge like TS4, and a Cleaner, stylized “Painterly” TSM (Medieval) look. Start from scratch, back to the basics with all the tools (and more) from each game!

Bring on “The Sims”!

100% agreed!!!

TS4 just hasn't done it for me. I can appreciate that it improved some things like vampires and toddlers, but not much else, and it feels like each new EP just recycles the last one with very little content. There's no attention to detail, and I can play an EP worth content in a week or less.

This is how realistic TS2 was, and how I hope the new "The Sims" will be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dk_s6Pt0Vo

And look at the idle animation on the mom when she's not doing anything....TS4 sims just stand there....I don't understand this. And couches in TS2 had soft pillows, like they change shape when sims sit on them. In TS4 it looks like they are sitting on a rock.

That's awesome, it makes me feel like it's a real family!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey folks, I've merged three threads speculating about a new sims 5 in here :)

Now I'm totally sure that it's official! Cause before when a thread was made about TS5 it was always put in off topic thread, but now it's still in speculation!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

I tried to start a thread that asked, if there is to be a sims5 what would you want it to be. It got deleted. I thought it was a good idea for them to see what the people wanted. Why wouldn't they want our ideas?

Yeah, now it's the best time to pull the community into the project to create the best game they possibly can.. I mean, it's still early in development so time's now to take player feedback in and adjust things as they develop.

Great idea. No idea why that got deleted :/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Oh my!

Cars where you can open the door and drive around an Open World?

Oh my!

So it might have an Open Wolrd?

Oh my!

T9ygs4.gif

BelovedInferiorIsabellineshrike-size_restricted.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited September 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »

Are you sure it was deleted, not moved or merged with another topic? There is a topic in Off Topic where ideas for a Sims 5 are shared (two topics even).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    RE: Cars - If drive-able vehicles suddenly appear now..hmmm....there are going to be a LOT of builders thrown for a loop. When was the last time you saw a sims home with enough space for a garage? or even a driveway. I build much more than I play - but the builds are all mine. How many of you have downloaded a beautiful home (think, maybe, from Peacemaker), planted a family and maybe a garden... then try to figure out what to demolish to make room for a driveway if not a garage??? As time as rolled along I've come to the conclusion that I don't want my sims driving vehicles in S4...I don't want to have to rebuild my entire game lol Yeah, I know, I could always NOT use them...but that's not likely lol Just saying...
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.