Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    They've confirmed TS4 will be around for at least another 3 years, so I'm not even worried about it ending and am so over TS5 discussions right now. I won't be worrying about it for a few more years.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't doubt a Sims 5 will eventually come along, but I believe it won't be nearly as soon as many others around here suspect, lol.

Who said it'd be soon? If they're just getting started, it won't be ready for a few years.

ETA: Nevermind, lol. I see what you mean.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I am SOOOOOO sick of the slightest rumor that EA says "We have exciting news" or "Something exciting is in the works" being turned into "Wow, Sims 5!"

Not that we'll never get Sims 5. I just look at EA and think "How would it benefit them, to be working on Sims 5?" Because that's how you've got to approach this. When is EA going to make Sims 5? When it benefits them. Sometimes I feel like then next Sims game will not so much be Sims 5 as it will be something so different, that Sims 4 will actually keep going.

The last thing I want in Sims games is microtransactions. The problem is it doesn't take a genius to spot room for them. So I'd rather wait for people to stop believing companies when they say that microtransactions make games better/cheaper, and once the golden age of Microtransactions is over, THEN start making it.

Because if, y'know, if Sims 5 had MT, and failed because everybody hates MT, you know somebody from EA would come along and say "Well, this is just a sign people don't want to play The Sims any more" and cut the franchise off.

Except this time, the evidence does actually point to the possibility of TS5. Not a slight rumor.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Stilljustme, you're actually wrong. The game can handle almost infinite content. It's because everything has to load, so think of how a heavily edited world in Sims 3 would take forever to load and then suffer from lag. On the flip side, Sims 4 when you load into one house, you don't have access to every other house and person in the world. Your building space is finite. So it takes less loading time and, because it's a smaller area you're playing in, has less lag.

This is what makes it possible to just keep adding content to Sims 4.

Yes, that may be true but I look at the trade off and I hate the trade off being you gave up certain features that for me would have brought more potential to the game. Some like having less features and some like having more features. But one thing that plays into the less features is the use of an engine that is prefabricated from another project and not built from scratch. How well an game plays with most features is how much are you willing to put into it and if the program can scale up or down. Sims 4 cannot scale up or down meaning if your system has an Nvidia 2084 Ti, most powerful CPU to date, 32 GBs, sure you might get an pretty picture but that is the extent of it with every thing else you are gimped because the features the game might have is designed to run the same on an lower end system. I have 5 systems with various specs and I ran Sims 4 on all of them and all run nearly the same except I again for the pretty picture. Basically, Sims 4 is not for everybody as Sims 3 was not but for me I did not have any problems running the game unless it was an bug that the developer never took care of.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Every game must end someday, and this is an evergreen franchise, so I’m not worried about a possible Sims 5.

Luckily, Sims 4 still has a few more years, so maybe some of us will get some of the content we want in that one. :smile: (I’m still waiting on witches, beach worlds, and mermaids. Maybe fairies or werewolves if they do another Occult before the end.)

What I’m worried about is whether the company learned from their mistakes in past games, particularly in Sims 4’s launch. I hope toddlers are base game material again, and I hope the Sims’ AI improves a lot more. And more base game content and so on.

I would hope... there would be maybe less of that multitasking mechanic or lots of improvements on it....? I mean, three-four years into Sims 4, and we still don’t have lounge chairs! :neutral:

I also want babies to be unchained once again, and so on....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    > @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 said:
    > Every game must end someday, and this is an evergreen franchise, so I’m not worried about a possible Sims 5.
    >
    > Luckily, Sims 4 still has a few more years, so maybe some of us will get some of the content we want in that one. :smile: (I’m still waiting on witches, beach worlds, and mermaids. Maybe fairies or werewolves if they do another Occult before the end.)
    >
    > What I’m worried about is whether the company learned from their mistakes in past games, particularly in Sims 4’s launch. I hope toddlers are base game material again, and I hope the Sims’ AI improves a lot more. And more base game content and so on.
    >
    > I would hope... there would be maybe less of that multitasking mechanic or lots of improvements on it....? I mean, three-four years into Sims 4, and we still don’t have lounge chairs! :neutral:
    >
    > I also want babies to be unchained once again, and so on....

I would love to see witches and werewolves come back! But honestly, after seeing how the Vampires turned out, I would rather if they released them separately as game packs and really focused on making them fun and worth my money. Witches in TS3 were my favorite thing to play with, but werewolves were just boring to me... So, I'm hoping to see improvements there.
    Also, I am almost positive that the reason toddlers were not part of the base game was simply due to time constrains as there is no doubt that EA is always gonna push its devs to follow the deadline, even if it means not all content is going to be added before launch. But yeah, hopefully next time around, they will have some patience and have a proper start.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I love supernaturals and anything magical and outlandish.

Rather than Witches, I hope for a more generalised Sorcery pack with which you can't be born a witch but anybody can learn magic. Without an extra Life-state they could put all their resources into spells.

With Sims 5, all the packs would be gone. EA would have us starting all over again, spending another couple of thousand on packs all from the start.

What, you seriously think they'd put Cats and Dogs or Seasons in Base Game? After all, maybe not everybody wants to play with Seasons...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Every game must end someday, and this is an evergreen franchise, so I’m not worried about a possible Sims 5.

Luckily, Sims 4 still has a few more years, so maybe some of us will get some of the content we want in that one. :smile: (I’m still waiting on witches, beach worlds, and mermaids. Maybe fairies or werewolves if they do another Occult before the end.)

What I’m worried about is whether the company learned from their mistakes in past games, particularly in Sims 4’s launch. I hope toddlers are base game material again, and I hope the Sims’ AI improves a lot more. And more base game content and so on.

I would hope... there would be maybe less of that multitasking mechanic or lots of improvements on it....? I mean, three-four years into Sims 4, and we still don’t have lounge chairs! :neutral:

I also want babies to be unchained once again, and so on....

Those poor babies are mere objects aren't they? I for one think that teens should have their own height as well, no adult clones and also maybe add pre teens to the game?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

Rather than Witches, I hope for a more generalised Sorcery pack with which you can't be born a witch but anybody can learn magic. Without an extra Life-state they could put all their resources into spells.

With Sims 5, all the packs would be gone. EA would have us starting all over again, spending another couple of thousand on packs all from the start.

What, you seriously think they'd put Cats and Dogs or Seasons in Base Game? After all, maybe not everybody wants to play with Seasons...

Of course, the next game would start with just the base game; that's how it's always been. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. And the great thing about a new base game is that there will be 4 other versions previous to it that are complete for people to continue to enjoy if they so wish to do so.

Seasons (or rather weather) in the base game is something that I've tried to do since TS2 (at least TS2 and TS3), so perhaps by this 5th entry into the series, they could add basic weather functions - rain, fog, wind, etc - a Seasons pack is about much more than the weather, although it's definitely one of the highlights.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I doubt it will be here anytime soon either. It takes a long time to develop a game. I am still waiting for the remake of Final Fantasy 7 and that was announced a long time ago. I expect it will not be out for quite a long while. If they are planning to make Sims 5, they are only at the very beginning. That leaves little to speculate about atm.

I don't think it's going to be anytime soon either. But I hope they start planing it so it won't be a rush job like sims4.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2018
    Here's reasons why I don't want Sims 5 and don't think we'll get it anyway. Whether we need it or not is a bit too subjective.

1: I like Sims 4

Yeah, yeah, I like Sims 4. Not as it is, but the style, I especially like that. Enough of that.

2: No announcements from EA.

Face it, people are always thinking with every press conference there will be an announcement. But there hasn't. Then again, the announcement of a Sims game would overshadow the next FIFA, which is EA's big money. You need to tell yourself, "It'll be announced when it's announced". People were even anticipating it before Cats And Dogs!

3: Microtransactions

We're currently at the peak of the era of Microtransactions. EA's even fighting to be allowed to keep lootboxes still in games like FIFA! Sims 5 doesn't need lootboxes, but EA is so adamant on them right now that I wouldn't be at all surprised should they get them if it was released before lootboxes quit. We don't need the idea that they can make us pay 99p to unlock each item, releasing new skins every day. But if it comes out at the wrong time, that's what we'll get.

4: Expansion Packs

Games cost a lot to make. Expansions are cheap. Why spend all that money on a new game when you can pump out packs infinitely? There's so much missing. Many people call for a University pack, but they seem to fail to realise that the content that came in University can be split up between three or four packs, meaning that you'll get the content, but you won't necesserily get the university world. I'd rather have a pop-stars pack myself. There are potentials for circus packs. Others want Farming. It's hard to know what will go in Game Packs and what will go in Expansions, but either way it's a cow that can be milked indefinitely.

The announcement of Sims 5 would risk crippling the sale of packs. People would think "Why buy more packs when they'll be out of date in a few months?" And I wouldn't blame 'em. Others might think "Sims 4 is being cut off early. Why buy Sims 5 when the same thing is bound to happen?"

5: Consoles have just come out.

The Console release is fresh in the air. They haven't even finished catching up with packs. Why would they put off console owners when they haven't even caught up? They want console owners to buy all those packs too. Furthermore, console owners would now expect to have their own version of Sims 5. Which would certainly bring in the money if Sims 4 gets a good reception there, but would also take a fair time to convert. And indeed, Sims 4 wasn't designed to share formats with Consoles. Would a Sims 5 be treated that way? EA says it's a 1:1 conversion, and it's close, but that took effort. Would SIms 5 be lower quality, just to fit easier for a console release at the same time?

6: What would they do differently?

No, not "What haven't they done yet?" or "What can be fixed?" What would happen differently in Sims 5 to Sims 4? A full Open World sure sounds nice, but could your computer handle it? Please, I know it's something you want more than anything, but would your laptop be able to deal with an open world without obscene lag? We have glass roofs and hexagonal roofs and conical roofs. Districts have just been developed as a kind of open-world substitute. We want vehicles but we don't actually need them when everywhere is just a load screen away.

7: Technical reasons.

Sims 1 was a pretty simple game; it looked good because nothing like it had ever been done before. It wasn't even proper 3D.

When Sims 2 came out, it was a radical improvement, mostly funded by the success of Sims 1, and the discovery that yes, there was a market for games that had something other than shooting people in the head or running and jumping. As for Sims 3... well, it ran on an upgraded engine of Sims 2. It was Sims 2, but it took advantage of the success of Sims 2, and of stronger computers to make it bigger. They knew from the start that there was a limit to its engine, and that meant they'd have to make a Sims 4. If you need proof, the number of packs for Sims 3 is roughly the same as Sims 2. THIS is the reason for the four-year gap thus far, And Sims 4 still wasn't completed in that four years. Remember pools and Ghosts weren't completed at release and they only started Toddlers after release and it took a year - but we do have the best toddlers ever.

Now, they could have made a Sims 4 exactly like Sims 3 and have a space limit again and people noticing that they might as well be playing Sims 3... or they could put together something very different that could expand indefinitely. Something with the Pixar-style graphics that wouldn't go out of date or enter the Uncanny Valley. Something that could be expanded upon and improved indefinitely and need never come to an end. They can add pack after pack forever, and keep tuning up things like gardening and building and in time, open swimming.

Considering EA's track record with developers, I can't see the devs being in a rush to go to them and say "People are tiring of Sims 4 and we're running out of ideas, could you give us the money to make an exciting and radically different Sims 5? It'll be quite expensive and take a few years but-"

"Stand on top of that trapdoor; you'll find your answer at the bottom."

I quoted you because this is a long post, and I needed what you said in front of me.

1. You don't want it. O.K. No one is forcing you to want a new game. Ever.

2. Of course there's not an EA announcements...they just now are finishing up hiring a team and producers for a new Triple A game...=TS5.

3. We can't claim it has microtransactions or loot boxes. But I agree, I don't doubt it much, but then they found out some loot boxes didn't work in some of their other big games and removed them. Recently. (Last few years). :D TS3 Store is a walking Loot Box and made Millions and Millions, so I think Simmers would go for another 'store' but maybe not having to pay for an item to level up etc. like MMOs. I think Maxis is probably smarter than that and know a loot box system wouldn't work for Simmers. But a new store would...TS3 literally made over 24 Million in less than four years and still going.

4. A bear bones base has never stopped EA from building the next in the series. And it never will. If new technology is what is motivating EA then they will ask Maxis to build a new game or vice versa. Or Maxis will ask them to let them try a new technology and base game. And we know they are in process of building a new Triple A game for PC. =TS5.

5. The careers were for a pc game, not console...that's not even an issue. EA has deals with XBox and Playstation and that won't affect a new pc game. Maxis builds Sim games..console Sim games come later.

6. I don't know what they would do differently. Maybe it's that MMO so many finally want? Or maybe it has new technology that let's you take a picture of something and then put it in your game? I don't know, but somebody has pitched an idea to EA and they have allowed Maxis to start a new team. So, they must have something 'new' way to play, or technology or idea. Because they are building something.

You are not unique in not wanting a new game 'yet', because lots of people said that four times already. But I usually get excited to dream about something I haven't seen before. I never settle for status quo. And new may mean I get to see all the stuff I have wanted for years. I mean I had to wait sixteen years to see Sims sit to use a phone and sit by a pool with their legs in the water. But hey, I'm a dreamer, and dream about simulations most don't think about.

ETA: And back to number 6. You should never not want a new game because of your hardware. Upgrade and stop spending because a PC is a like a house, it's an investment that will last you for years and years. Laptops are disposable. (Example) Video card for $200 or laptop for $200...I'm going to buy the video card. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    Before we create negativity think about the possibilities they don't know exactly what Sims 5 will be its in early developments there are probably sticky notes on a board of ideas, next will it be a pc game or are they going completely mobile for tablets and phones, Finally we add storytelling to the mix this is like developing a movie. Right now focus on the positive and think about what you want for Sims 5 Simgurus are reading this thread what do you want for Sims 5 what positive traits that can be added to this game?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2018

You're describing a modern Makin' Magic. Maybe certain traits could help learning magic easier, or some would make it harder (I could imagine a Clumsy Sim would have a harder time learning magic).

I could see them putting basic weather (like light rain and wind) in the BG, then when the Seasons-type pack comes out they an add sonw, more serious weather and maybe even mild disasters (nothing fatal, but things like basement flooding, power outages, snow days, etc.) along with the actual seasons/calendar.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Listen, if you guys didn't see basic weather in Sims 4 when it came out even with the fact that a whole new engine had to be built for the game, what is it that makes anybody thing it will be in the BG of Sims 5, now that EA is greedier than ever? I mean, this is the company that made My First Pet.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Listen, if you guys didn't see basic weather in Sims 4 when it came out even with the fact that a whole new engine had to be built for the game, what is it that makes anybody thing it will be in the BG of Sims 5, now that EA is greedier than ever? I mean, this is the company that made My First Pet.
    It would be nice, weather in the basegame, but the reason I’m highly curious about a successor rather lies in basic things. The way they’d implement personalities, emotions (please please a different system), memories, skilling, open world or not, the art style, customizability. If they’d get that right, I really wouldn’t mind having to pay for DLC. Provided that this DLC would really be an addition. Not fixing a bare bone and boring basegame.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I've been playing since Sims 1 and I just really don't want to start all over once again buying yet another base game and DLC.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I've been playing since Sims 1 and I just really don't want to start all over once again buying yet another base game and DLC.

Always happens I am afraid. No Sims game lasts forever
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Well.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2018
    Here's reasons why I don't want Sims 5 and don't think we'll get it anyway. Whether we need it or not is a bit too subjective.

1: I like Sims 4

Yeah, yeah, I like Sims 4. Not as it is, but the style, I especially like that. Enough of that.

2: No announcements from EA.

Face it, people are always thinking with every press conference there will be an announcement. But there hasn't. Then again, the announcement of a Sims game would overshadow the next FIFA, which is EA's big money. You need to tell yourself, "It'll be announced when it's announced". People were even anticipating it before Cats And Dogs!

3: Microtransactions

We're currently at the peak of the era of Microtransactions. EA's even fighting to be allowed to keep lootboxes still in games like FIFA! Sims 5 doesn't need lootboxes, but EA is so adamant on them right now that I wouldn't be at all surprised should they get them if it was released before lootboxes quit. We don't need the idea that they can make us pay 99p to unlock each item, releasing new skins every day. But if it comes out at the wrong time, that's what we'll get.

4: Expansion Packs

Games cost a lot to make. Expansions are cheap. Why spend all that money on a new game when you can pump out packs infinitely? There's so much missing. Many people call for a University pack, but they seem to fail to realise that the content that came in University can be split up between three or four packs, meaning that you'll get the content, but you won't necesserily get the university world. I'd rather have a pop-stars pack myself. There are potentials for circus packs. Others want Farming. It's hard to know what will go in Game Packs and what will go in Expansions, but either way it's a cow that can be milked indefinitely.

The announcement of Sims 5 would risk crippling the sale of packs. People would think "Why buy more packs when they'll be out of date in a few months?" And I wouldn't blame 'em. Others might think "Sims 4 is being cut off early. Why buy Sims 5 when the same thing is bound to happen?"

5: Consoles have just come out.

The Console release is fresh in the air. They haven't even finished catching up with packs. Why would they put off console owners when they haven't even caught up? They want console owners to buy all those packs too. Furthermore, console owners would now expect to have their own version of Sims 5. Which would certainly bring in the money if Sims 4 gets a good reception there, but would also take a fair time to convert. And indeed, Sims 4 wasn't designed to share formats with Consoles. Would a Sims 5 be treated that way? EA says it's a 1:1 conversion, and it's close, but that took effort. Would SIms 5 be lower quality, just to fit easier for a console release at the same time?

6: What would they do differently?

No, not "What haven't they done yet?" or "What can be fixed?" What would happen differently in Sims 5 to Sims 4? A full Open World sure sounds nice, but could your computer handle it? Please, I know it's something you want more than anything, but would your laptop be able to deal with an open world without obscene lag? We have glass roofs and hexagonal roofs and conical roofs. Districts have just been developed as a kind of open-world substitute. We want vehicles but we don't actually need them when everywhere is just a load screen away.

7: Technical reasons.

Sims 1 was a pretty simple game; it looked good because nothing like it had ever been done before. It wasn't even proper 3D.

When Sims 2 came out, it was a radical improvement, mostly funded by the success of Sims 1, and the discovery that yes, there was a market for games that had something other than shooting people in the head or running and jumping. As for Sims 3... well, it ran on an upgraded engine of Sims 2. It was Sims 2, but it took advantage of the success of Sims 2, and of stronger computers to make it bigger. They knew from the start that there was a limit to its engine, and that meant they'd have to make a Sims 4. If you need proof, the number of packs for Sims 3 is roughly the same as Sims 2. THIS is the reason for the four-year gap thus far, And Sims 4 still wasn't completed in that four years. Remember pools and Ghosts weren't completed at release and they only started Toddlers after release and it took a year - but we do have the best toddlers ever.

Now, they could have made a Sims 4 exactly like Sims 3 and have a space limit again and people noticing that they might as well be playing Sims 3... or they could put together something very different that could expand indefinitely. Something with the Pixar-style graphics that wouldn't go out of date or enter the Uncanny Valley. Something that could be expanded upon and improved indefinitely and need never come to an end. They can add pack after pack forever, and keep tuning up things like gardening and building and in time, open swimming.

Considering EA's track record with developers, I can't see the devs being in a rush to go to them and say "People are tiring of Sims 4 and we're running out of ideas, could you give us the money to make an exciting and radically different Sims 5? It'll be quite expensive and take a few years but-"

"Stand on top of that trapdoor; you'll find your answer at the bottom."

by all means don't buy the sims 5.
    nobody will be forcing you to buy it.
    other people want a sims 5.
    there will be a time when they stop making stuff for the sims 4.
    already had 4 years
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sims 5? Yes thank you!

Sorry but if you don't want it just don't buy it. You know we won't see TS4 around till 2050...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Other than the obviously C&D derivative content, MFP is actually a nice little pack. The rodents are cute and come in handy -- you can talk to them and get a quick boost on Social need, children can Observe Rodent and that counts as the daily homework. If you don't want all the extra shenanigans you can feed them the IQ Limiter and they're just regular rodents. If the objects had a bit more of a unique style to them I don't think it would get near the undeserved hatred.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Other than the obviously C&D derivative content, MFP is actually a nice little pack. The rodents are cute and come in handy -- you can talk to them and get a quick boost on Social need, children can Observe Rodent and that counts as the daily homework. If you don't want all the extra shenanigans you can feed them the IQ Limiter and they're just regular rodents. If the objects had a bit more of a unique style to them I don't think it would get near the undeserved hatred.
    The criticism was more than deserved, regardless the quality of some features in the pack.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I agree with you. I'm loving TS4. I want them to patch up a few things and continue making content for this game.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    alexandrea wrote: »
    I agree with you. I'm loving TS4. I want them to patch up a few things and continue making content for this game.

Yeah, this is me as well. I just want a few more years before they kill off the bug fix support and stop any new content for this game. I want to see what the last bit of Sims 4 content is like. (Will I ever get mermaids?)

Edited to add: I’m not saying I’m not interested in a Sims 5, but I’m already in Sims 4 and I just want a little bit more content and fixes before the company pulls the plug on this current iteration.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If you guys are disgruntled with TS4 and EA, that Trinity game someone posted about months ago is looking for funding. Why not put your money where your mouth is? ;)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/octopusent/trinity-mysterious-system-pc-game-lifesimulator-ex

The goal is extremely high, but it's worth a shot.

Plus the early development screenshots show a weather system in the base game. Maybe with enough competition, future Sims games will finally include basic weather in the base game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?