Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed: No September Patch Folks

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
The *new patch every month* cycle has officially been broken! We will not be getting a patch this month per SimGuruKate:
“Hello SimFam! Just a quick update that we will not be releasing a patch/update this month as we are focused on some really fun free stuff for October (assuming no last minute issues arise) and a future release for this calendar year. Stay tuned...”

They’ve released small patches before so to entirely skip one has me concerned. When was the last time this even happened?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I'd rather have a few bug fixes than "fun free stuff" to be honest but oh well. Probably some stuff for Halloween!?

This reminds me I still haven’t used Patchy from Seasons yet lol. I’m not sure what else the game even needs for Halloween at this time.
  • Options
    I’m only disappointed because there are bugs I would like to see addressed sooner than later.

Yep gotta squash them asap before they get buried by new content.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'd rather have a few bug fixes than "fun free stuff" to be honest but oh well. Probably some stuff for Halloween!?

Why would they add that in for free? We have Spooky Stuff that is literally dedicated to Halloween. If anything it'll be an update to the Holiday pack, and since lately they've been wanting to be representative to all kinds of simmers, it could be either Muslim-related or similar.

If not holiday-related, they could still even bring hijabs officially into the game, or even kippahs. OR, probably the whole disability thing that has been the prevailing community subject lately (apart from ZOMG Sims 5).
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Though adding onto my prior post, and reading through Kate's tweets, I don't think having disabilities sounds very fun to me or my sims.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I was hoping for more bug fixes :(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe they'll be able to fix even MORE bugs with the October patch.

I trust them.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I was hoping for more bug fixes :(

Yes, this decision is astonishing. There are still lots of nasty bugs to fix.
  • Options

I trust them.

Well be brave for both of us cause I for one am skurred :D
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The only thing I honestly and truly want for free are bug fixes :s
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Not at all concerned. Just excited to see what's coming in October!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Kind of curious about the new stuff - but seriously was looking forward to some bug fixes...
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    BTW for me the time schedule - free stuff in October, then a (one?) new (Christmas shopping) pack in Nov/Dec really hints at the end of stuff packs.
  • Options
    BTW for me the time schedule - free stuff in October, then a (one?) new (Christmas shopping) pack in Nov/Dec really hints at the end of stuff packs.

No tears will be shed from me if/when they finally go.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I don't know ... For me Simguru Graham's Stuff Pack era was one of the best things in TS4. A brilliant SP like Kids Room or Laundry adds more fun to the game than a shallow EP like Get Together.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I trust them.

Why are you skurred? 🤔
  • Options

I don't know ... For me Simguru Graham's Stuff Pack era was one of the best things in TS4. A brilliant SP like Kids Room or Laundry adds more fun to the game then a shallow EP like Get Together.

Yes, I agree there were some great stuff packs that I enjoyed out of it, but then came the bad ones, and as much as I'd like to believe it, in the end the bad ones overshadowed the good ones. MFP stuff could have very well been the straw that broke the camel's back for sure, or at least severely detract the team from making new stuff packs going forward anytime soon. I know I wouldn't want to try again with stuff packs after drawing the ire of the community with the last one.
  • Options

I don't know ... For me Simguru Graham's Stuff Pack era was one of the best things in TS4. A brilliant SP like Kids Room or Laundry adds more fun to the game then a shallow EP like Get Together.

Yes, I agree there were some great stuff packs that I enjoyed out of it, but then came the bad ones, and as much as I'd like to believe it, in the end the bad ones overshadowed the good ones. MFP stuff could have very well been the straw that broke the camel's back for sure, or at least severely detract the team from making new stuff packs going forward anytime soon. I know I wouldn't want to try again with stuff packs after drawing the ire of the community with the last one.

I know my opinion is not popular, but the "ire" about MFP was completely overdone. In fact this is a rather good pack and I use the hamster and the kids room furniture all the time.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited September 2018
    So we can expect "free fun stuff" next month and 1 payed pack (possibly a Game Pack) this year.
    Sounds like a really empty last half of the year to be honest.
    We only had 4 packs this year so far. I guess SPs are really gone.

About breaking the one patch every month tradition, I do not understand why this decision was made, surely they have at least a couple of bug fixes ready to go. Why not release just a small patch with a couple of bug fixes?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2018
    Great! So I won't have the hassle with updating mods (they fix my bugs! >:) ). :)
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • Options
    So we can expect "free fun stuff" next month and 1 payed pack (possibly a Game Pack) this year.

About breaking the one patch every month tradition, I do not understand why this decision was made, surely they have at least a couple of bug fixes ready to go. Why not release just a small patch with a couple of bug fixes?

Probably because that people would then complain of how small the patch was?
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I trust them.

Why are you skurred? 🤔

I dislike change. I'm used to a patch every month and they're changing up on me. :/
  • Options
    Great! So I won't have the hassle with updating mods (they fix my bugs! >:) ). :)

You know what... that is the one positive of not having a patch: you don't have to go through your mods to figure out which ones are broken.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Probably because that people would then complain of how small the patch was?

We had small patches in the past. There are many bugs at the moment and we recently got a patch full of free content anyways, people don't expect (or shouldn't) big patches every month.
    I'm not sure why people would complain more for having a small patch that fixes game issues than for not having any patch at all.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.