Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss "Sims 5" Project: 06 NEW GAME MODES

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This is what we had so far:

mrOUPkb.png

I know which sim I prefer (and Sims 2 style = Sims 3 style). But let’s leave that for now and focus on the actual subject of the topic shall we? The future. If there is one.

t

sims 2 is the worst there the hair looks dirty and he looks like hasn't had enough to eat

I also think that Sims 2 hair was a little weird, but it had mroe variety. Sims 4 hairstyles look all the same, mostly the male hairstyles. In Sims 2 we had a huge variety o hairs that didnt look nearly like eachother, some were from the 80's, some were modern, some were futuristic, some were medieval... I miss that fashion variety that we had in SIms 2. At least in SIms 4 the hats are separate from the hairstyles.
    I wasn't talking about all sims 2 hair just that hair
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    Karon wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Talkign about animations... I hate that in SIms 4 when they propose eachother to woohoo they scream like they are kids or something... I miss TS3 where they would make out and then they would go to the bed,

@comicsforlife You said that you liked how the worlds in SIms 3 where designed... For me, i like the open world in Sims 3 (although it doesnt work properly, lags, etc), but speaking about design... I feel that Sims 4 managed to be better, the neighborhoods are more detailed and all, i love the that the roads are now 3D... The Sims 4 wons that one.

@JoAnne65 I don't like how in SIms 3 the shadows are too dark and the bright spots are to bright... You can see that in that picutre-comparison you posted. Some worlds were even darker, i had i bad time sometimes cuz i have sight problems.
    I often love the lighting in Sims 3, though not all the time and it also depends on the world you play in. Sunlit Tides for instance is too bright for me. But Monte Vista for instance I love for its lighting, and Appaloosa Plains. I also love the indoors lighting and for me there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the lighting on the Sims 3 sim here either. For me it’s exactly how I want it, I don’t want lighting to be too flat (which by the way often happens to sims in 3 outside in the middle of the day, although - again - that depends on the world).

ETA: it also depends where they’re standing by the way; no dark shadows or too bright spots here.

kurt-cobain-sims-3_orig.png

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2018
    I would personally love it if the sims 5 had a art style similar to this; characters_urbz_Models.jpg
    these character models are from Brian White’s website.
  • Options
    they all look like they have never eaten anything but one small meal a day
  • Options
    Lol.

(I’d be very disappointed and sad if they’d go that direction, even when I can see a similarity with the first two Sims games there)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2018
    latest?cb=20100126025041

Sims 3 sometimes scares me. hahaha

@ohmyohmy I think that those models are from THe Urbz. Not sure.

@comicsforlife Which is a thing that happens very commonly in The Sims 4, a sim eats only once a day and feel satisfied until the next day. Like... wht

I just hope the devs find a balance that can satisfy most simmers. I mean, not even Jesus pleased everybody!

• Options
    Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    I want the artwork in the sims 5 to remain cartoony but to still be highly detailed and beautiful. For anyone who has ever played SL, I want that level of detail. For example:

The Furnishings: cozy-little-naps.jpg?w=676

The Town: Snapshot_002ax.jpg
    Snapshot_003ax.jpg

The Sims: adt.jpg?1485438022
    12.27_001.png

I want to be able to make beautiful sims without downloading custom sims skins. I want to play a game that's visually better than all the sims games I played thus far.

• Options
    @Quintina85 I'd absolutely love it if the game would look like the town pictures you show, but that's not cartoony is it? It's realistic in a sylized way and I'd be thrilled if we'd get something like that. The characters you show definitely aren't cartoony (I thought the guy was a Sims 3 sim with CC).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 The sims 3 custom content allowed me to make some super handsome guys. I hope that with the sims 5 I dont have to download cc to get them to look hot lol. I thought the images were kinda cartoony ...but whatever it is, I think its beautiful and would love the towns, sims and furnishings to look like that. Sims 4 is pretty but I want the sims 5 artwork to leave me in awe.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    Honestly though, I'd rather have sims in TS5 to look like this:

1433217726_3d-cartoon-character-young-woman-model.jpg

sI3Kg4o.jpg

ar-player-character-low-poly-3d-model-01.jpg

Than this:

KittyWhiplash_CharSheet.jpg
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Me too. Though I wouldn’t mind them a bit more stylized to fit the town pictures Quintina posted, I love those.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Quintina85 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 The sims 3 custom content allowed me to make some super handsome guys. I hope that with the sims 5 I dont have to download cc to get them to look hot lol. I thought the images were kinda cartoony ...but whatever it is, I think its beautiful and would love the towns, sims and furnishings to look like that. Sims 4 is pretty but I want the sims 5 artwork to leave me in awe.

The devs should learn to study the cc from previous games. If someone is so evolved to have something in their games that they would do it by themselves, then more people would pay to have it in the game officialy. We always had farming mods and stuff like that, and thats one of the most asked EPs since sims 2. All of the Sims games never had good lookign skin tones, but cc creators have made them look amazing, some sims 4 players even manage to make their sims look realistic though the sims were designed to be cartoony. EA jsut have to learn to read the "cc creators" pattern.
    In Sims 3 we had story progression, but cc creators found ways to create mods to play it rotational like in SIms 2. Sims 4 is rotational-only focused, but cc creators found ways to create mods to play story progression-style like in SIms 3. If they studied that, they would know that a sims base game should always come with both options and toggles to manage them as we want. Simmers are no common players, we want control over the entire game.

@Quintina85 The town picture looks stunning, i would like to play in this town!

@Tayra would you like to share your ideas here?!
  • Options
    I want the artwork in the sims 5 to remain cartoony but to still be highly detailed and beautiful. For anyone who has ever played SL, I want that level of detail. For example:

Snapshot_003ax.jpg

12.27_001.png

I want to be able to make beautiful sims without downloading custom sims skins. I want to play a game that's visually better than all the sims games I played thus far.

I wouldn't want my sims to look like that these could be from any game I want my sims to look like sims
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Snapshot_003ax.jpg

12.27_001.png

I wouldn't want my sims to look like that these could be from any game I want my sims to look like sims

It's funny you say that, because those ARE sims. They are TS3 sims with CC and custom sliders. ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 the first woman looks beautiful, i like the skin texture and all. What i don't like in those realistic sims usually is that they all have impossible super model bodies (and some have creepy faces). I hate how SIms 4 premades look like Barbie/Ken, are all rich, all dressed very well... Urgh
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Snapshot_003ax.jpg

12.27_001.png

It's funny you say that, because those ARE sims. They are TS3 sims with CC and custom sliders. ;)

I'm aware of that my point is no ones going to look at that and think oh a sims video it could be any game the sims have to look unique
  • Options

Snapshot_003ax.jpg

12.27_001.png

I'm aware of that my point is no ones going to look at that and think oh a sims video it could be any game the sims have to look unique

Oh ok, I see your point!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Sigzy05 I completely agree, I need more detail in the sims 5.

@Karon Its seems so simple to look at what the custom content creators are making and expand from there. I dont mind mods/CC in my game, I almost always have at least 100. However I wish I didnt have to rely on them to pick up areas I think EA is forgetting. Your right, I do wish we had more variety of body shapes, skins, and details. Thats why I really hope that the Sims 5 team takes the artwork serious.

@comicsforlife what would make them look unique? I think the skins are beautiful because they are high in details. I dont want the sims team to forget to detail the skins, I want more blemish options. I what amazing textures that allow our sims to have a ton of looks and styles making every sim citizen truly unique.

• Options
    @Sigzy05 I completely agree, I need more detail in the sims 5.

@Karon Its seems so simple to look at what the custom content creators are making and expand from there. I dont mind mods/CC in my game, I almost always have at least 100. However I wish I didnt have to rely on them to pick up areas I think EA is forgetting. Your right, I do wish we had more variety of body shapes, skins, and details. Thats why I really hope that the Sims 5 team takes the artwork serious.

@comicsforlife what would make them look unique? I think the skins are beautiful because they are high in details. I dont want the sims team to forget to detail the skins, I want more blemish options. I what amazing textures that allow our sims to have a ton of looks and styles making every sim citizen truly unique.

and I'm for more detail but people still need to know they're sims right away the way they've done this has been different each game
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Because I love speculating, I decided to make a list of main things I wish and hope TS5 CAS has:

1. Push and pull TS4 feature to sculpt sim's faces and body using multiple "hidden" slides in tandem
    2. Color wheel to virtually change the color of anything, hair, clothing, eyes, makeup etc.
    3. Layered clothing - Tops (under clothing, over clothing and jackets) Bottoms (underclothing and over clothing), shoes
    4. Boots and pants to acknowledge each other and tuck in feature from TS4
    5. Ability to change sleeve length of any shirt/sweater from short, medium and long (this was on TS2 for PS2)
    6. Accessories divided into Hats (that go with any hairstyle), Jewlery (like in TS2 system where you can choose which hand the bracelet goes to and so on), and Misc (socks, nail polish etc).
    7. Male sims have a body hair category similar to TS3 with different body hair placements we can choose
    8. Tattoos and body details (it would be interesting if we could stamp tattoos on sims, TS4 cats and dogs style almost like a tattoo parlor, including birth marks and freckles).
    9. Clothing categories - Everyday, Formal, Sleepwear, Athletic and Swimwear (because, I can't for the life of me, understand the existence of a party category when there's already formal)
    10. Lifestages in CAS - toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult and elder
    11. Fat and muscle sliders
    12. Sim biography field for the player to edit
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Sigzy05 The formal wear is for when you are going to the church, tho weddings, to art events, graduations, etc... The party wear is for when you want to go to a more casual party. And, no, i would never use my casual clothing for a casual party. Party wear is less "serious" than formal wear, and more "glamour" than casual wear.
    Also, i didnt remember that we could choose sleeve length before. I do not know if this would work with more detailed clothing, but I'm curious to see it return. Along with color wheel, this would bring more customization. The more customization, the better!
  • Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    edited September 2018
    Okay look. Most of these are really great ideas, but you’re missing a very important detail. The sims three ran horribly in low end computers. So you all will be happy to have your little realistic fake sims with open world and all your magical dreams, but think about other people. Think about the kid who just got his first laptop and wants to play the Sims. Think about a student in college who can’t afford a nice computer. Think about the person who has no room for a nice computer. You aren’t thinking of how this will go for other people. You all need to compromise to some extent otherwise you’re going to just be selfish. Everyone should get to enjoy this wonderful game. Not just people with fancy computers. Think about that before you talk about hyper realistic.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Okay look. Most of these are really great ideas, but you’re missing a very important detail. The sims three ran horribly in low end computers. So you all will be happy to have your little realistic fake sims with open world and all your magical dreams, but think about other people. Think about the kid who just got his first laptop and wants to play the Sims. Think about a student in college who can’t afford a nice computer. Think about the person who has no room for a nice computer. You aren’t thinking of how this will go for other people. You all need to compromise to some extent otherwise you’re going to just be selfish. Everyone should get to enjoy this wonderful game. Not just people with fancy computers. Think about that before you talk about hyper realistic.

You make it sound like this is a charity. Games are meant to be played with gaming rigs, not necessarily a destroyer computer, but something ranging from medium to very good. That applies to any game, they aren't making Battlefield 5 for computers that start to heat up when you open Word. You still need a nice computer to run TS4 and it's EP's too, albeit TS4 was made to cater to lower end pc's in the start, but that was because EA wanted to make it so that the average Joe would buy it, increasing profits, not because they were worried about anyone, especially not the game itself.

And Open world could work, given it's well made and with good optimization. Open world game tools must have gotten better since 2009. And I didn't see anyone asking for hyper realistic graphics.

This is hyper realistic graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeME_icSij0

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

You make it sound like this is a charity. Games are meant to be played with gaming rigs, not necessarily a destroyer computer, but something ranging from medium to very good. That applies to any game, they aren't making Battlefield 5 for computers that start to heat up when you open Word. You still need a nice computer to run TS4 and it's EP's too, albeit TS4 was made to cater to lower end pc's in the start, but that was because EA wanted to make it so that the average Joe would buy it, increasing profits, not because they were worried about anyone, especially not the game itself.

And Open world could work, given it's well made and with good optimization. Open world game tools must have gotten better since 2009. And I didn't see anyone asking for hyper realistic graphics.

This is hyper realistic graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeME_icSij0

So what I’m hearing from you, is you don’t care about people’s financial situations. Since games are meant to run on “medium or high end” computers, it’s seems like you don’t care how this would affect other people. I have a nice computer, my friend doesn’t. I want her to be able to play the game just as much as I do. Don’t come here telling me that games have to run on medium computers. She plays sims 4 just fine. Sims 3 almost destroyed her computer. And you all want sims 5 to be like it. It’s not going to work. Everyone should have access to a fun source of entertainment.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    And the average joe?! You mean you don’t want most of the freaking population with an okay computer to play the game?? That seems like what you are implying.
    It's a lot of fun!