Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Discuss "Sims 5" Project: 06 NEW GAME MODES

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I will only add for right now, please, please, please no political correct game this time!!!! No phones tied to Sims! Please add back newspapers, even if the Sim has to order it be delieverd. No more designated lots! If I build it they will come, please! No To Do List Ever Again!!! No Moodlet/Buff system. Sandbox, open/ended Please! For goodness sake, when Sims talk have them face each other again! Please, for the love all that is Sims, have them dance 'together' facing each other, again. Slow dance should be a basegame feature! So should some mild rain and cloudy days! For all that is holySIms, let us tell our own stories, No More player achievement scores for players like jump rope fifteen times, No! If the new games comes out with How many hours played?, I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Just no. Go back to your roots, Maxis, which is not player achievements, don't waste time and money on that stuff!!!!

ETA: Textures, textures, textures. I can't stand looking at flat paint ever again. (Consider your veteran players who have money to invest in better PCs. You are missing out on all the TS3 players who wouldn't touch TS4 because of flat paint on furniture, curtains, decor. Please, we need textures!

Read my signatures....it says it all.

^^This.

Think you said it all. Was just thinking that while playing S3 earlier.

For example, sims 4 has no tedious features like ‘make bed.’

In theory, leaving out an option so simple would leave more time for other things to do with sims. In practice, there are not enough things for sims to do. This makes a feature deemed so simple and tedious sorely missed. The immersion disappears and I ask myself why do I find a sim making their bed so important?

I don’t know the answer. All I know is buying groceries and clothes, for example, is something I like in my game. It gives me something to do that ‘achievements’ don’t offer.

I don’t care about how many hours I played and I don’t care about trophies. They’re not ‘real’ rewards and have nothing to do with gameplay in the end.

Having to stock my sims’ fridge is ‘rewarding.’ Because if I don’t do it, they don’t eat or I have to find another solution, like going out for dinner? Perhaps? Maybe buying ready-made meals? This pushes me into a form of gameplay I might not have otherwise chosen. If the fridge is always stocked, there is no need to find other methods of gameplay and/or survival. I can easily get stuck in a rut and get bored.

Having to buy clothes was always rewarding. Again, a new sim has aged and it’s time to get involved in finding their personality through their wardrobe. But not only am I sending them out to shop. It was my original intent, but hey, Susan suddenly shows up at the lot, and not only am I now buying clothes, I’m introducing my sim to Susan. Maybe they like each other. Maybe they don’t. Maybe they choose to hang out. Maybe they decide to beat the pulp out of each other. This wouldn’t have happened had my sim just stayed at home because it’s convenient to just go to the dresser and to the mirror and have it all be done with.

The reward is I now have a sim my sim can befriend, or more. Or I now have a sim my sim can antagonize, or more. There are now more possibilities than there were before my sim left their home to achieve one small goal.

I realize I can send a sim out and have things happen on their own. But the ‘push’ to go is sorely missed. The rewards of leaving empty-handed and returning with something worth-while makes it beneficial to my sim and gratifying to me because I achieved something I view as a ‘real’ reward and something I can utilize in my gameplay. Granted, I do like the delivery method as well. Sometimes, my sims just want to stay at home, and I enjoy the added benefit of buying online. However, I don’t want instant gratification. I want a waiting period and a real delivery sim to bring the items. Or they can just drop it off in the mail and force my sim to go to the post office if I want it that badly.

And yes. No more cell phone attached to the hip, please. Modern is fine and all, but so are other time periods and alternate realities where things may not always be the same as the here and now. Choices=more options. More options=more gameplay.

As for the look and feel:

I don’t mind the look of sims 4 but I do not want a more cartoony look. Some of the samples posted here are quite nice. Not too real and not too far-fetched. Sims that look, feel, and appear real enough to relate to are preferred, but not so real that it emphasizes the fact they are not.

I also agree with not wanting political correctness in my game. And bring back the open-endedness of community lots the way they were in sims 1 and 2. I don’t want my hand held. I just want to play a game I can use my imagination in.

The thing is, if you leave too many ordinary and mundane things out of a life simulator, you end up taking away the life part of it. The sims has to have a large part of it be based off of the general life of every human. Taking out everything that could be considered "an everyday annoyance" like clothe shopping, making beds, washing the dishes, and stocking your fridge just makes it a complete perfect utopia. Your sims don't even have the need to leave the house to get groceries or shop for new clothes and books. In TS4 your sims can even skip doing the dishes by just dragging all the plates into the trash and sink, that added with everything else, I often never clean in my sim's houses, something that happened more often in previous games.

I agree with you to a point you can also get to many ordinary and mundane things the funny humor and occults is why I like the sims
    and not games like Second Life and Second Life from what I hear is pretty much dead and the sims whether you like sims 4 or not is still going strong

I don't complete understand what you wrote, but what I said has nothing to do with humor nor the occults, one thig doesn't stop the other at all.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I will only add for right now, please, please, please no political correct game this time!!!! No phones tied to Sims! Please add back newspapers, even if the Sim has to order it be delieverd. No more designated lots! If I build it they will come, please! No To Do List Ever Again!!! No Moodlet/Buff system. Sandbox, open/ended Please! For goodness sake, when Sims talk have them face each other again! Please, for the love all that is Sims, have them dance 'together' facing each other, again. Slow dance should be a basegame feature! So should some mild rain and cloudy days! For all that is holySIms, let us tell our own stories, No More player achievement scores for players like jump rope fifteen times, No! If the new games comes out with How many hours played?, I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Just no. Go back to your roots, Maxis, which is not player achievements, don't waste time and money on that stuff!!!!

ETA: Textures, textures, textures. I can't stand looking at flat paint ever again. (Consider your veteran players who have money to invest in better PCs. You are missing out on all the TS3 players who wouldn't touch TS4 because of flat paint on furniture, curtains, decor. Please, we need textures!

^^This.

In theory, leaving out an option so simple would leave more time for other things to do with sims. In practice, there are not enough things for sims to do. This makes a feature deemed so simple and tedious sorely missed. The immersion disappears and I ask myself why do I find a sim making their bed so important?

I don’t know the answer. All I know is buying groceries and clothes, for example, is something I like in my game. It gives me something to do that ‘achievements’ don’t offer.

I don’t care about how many hours I played and I don’t care about trophies. They’re not ‘real’ rewards and have nothing to do with gameplay in the end.

Having to stock my sims’ fridge is ‘rewarding.’ Because if I don’t do it, they don’t eat or I have to find another solution, like going out for dinner? Perhaps? Maybe buying ready-made meals? This pushes me into a form of gameplay I might not have otherwise chosen. If the fridge is always stocked, there is no need to find other methods of gameplay and/or survival. I can easily get stuck in a rut and get bored.

Having to buy clothes was always rewarding. Again, a new sim has aged and it’s time to get involved in finding their personality through their wardrobe. But not only am I sending them out to shop. It was my original intent, but hey, Susan suddenly shows up at the lot, and not only am I now buying clothes, I’m introducing my sim to Susan. Maybe they like each other. Maybe they don’t. Maybe they choose to hang out. Maybe they decide to beat the pulp out of each other. This wouldn’t have happened had my sim just stayed at home because it’s convenient to just go to the dresser and to the mirror and have it all be done with.

The reward is I now have a sim my sim can befriend, or more. Or I now have a sim my sim can antagonize, or more. There are now more possibilities than there were before my sim left their home to achieve one small goal.

I realize I can send a sim out and have things happen on their own. But the ‘push’ to go is sorely missed. The rewards of leaving empty-handed and returning with something worth-while makes it beneficial to my sim and gratifying to me because I achieved something I view as a ‘real’ reward and something I can utilize in my gameplay. Granted, I do like the delivery method as well. Sometimes, my sims just want to stay at home, and I enjoy the added benefit of buying online. However, I don’t want instant gratification. I want a waiting period and a real delivery sim to bring the items. Or they can just drop it off in the mail and force my sim to go to the post office if I want it that badly.

And yes. No more cell phone attached to the hip, please. Modern is fine and all, but so are other time periods and alternate realities where things may not always be the same as the here and now. Choices=more options. More options=more gameplay.

I don’t mind the look of sims 4 but I do not want a more cartoony look. Some of the samples posted here are quite nice. Not too real and not too far-fetched. Sims that look, feel, and appear real enough to relate to are preferred, but not so real that it emphasizes the fact they are not.

I also agree with not wanting political correctness in my game. And bring back the open-endedness of community lots the way they were in sims 1 and 2. I don’t want my hand held. I just want to play a game I can use my imagination in.

The thing is, if you leave too many ordinary and mundane things out of a life simulator, you end up taking away the life part of it. The sims has to have a large part of it be based off of the general life of every human. Taking out everything that could be considered "an everyday annoyance" like clothe shopping, making beds, washing the dishes, and stocking your fridge just makes it a complete perfect utopia. Your sims don't even have the need to leave the house to get groceries or shop for new clothes and books. In TS4 your sims can even skip doing the dishes by just dragging all the plates into the trash and sink, that added with everything else, I often never clean in my sim's houses, something that happened more often in previous games.

I agree with you to a point you can also get to many ordinary and mundane things the funny humor and occults is why I like the sims
    and not games like Second Life and Second Life from what I hear is pretty much dead and the sims whether you like sims 4 or not is still going strong

I don't complete understand what you wrote, but what I said has nothing to do with humor nor the occults, one thig doesn't stop the other at all.

my point is if its to real or has to many ordinary and mundane things its no longer the sims
    also you can still wash dishes in sims 4 you just don't have to
    not every one like doing that so I still think it should be something you can choose not to do in sims 5
    unless you can buy cups and plates for them to use also to many mundane task is boring
    I wouldn't want a sims game where all they do is clean their house @Sigzy05
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited September 2018

^^This.

my point is if its to real or has to many ordinary and mundane things its no longer the sims
    also you can still wash dishes in sims 4 you just don't have to
    not every one like doing that so I still think it should be something you can choose not to do in sims 5
    unless you can buy cups and plates for them to use also to many mundane task is boring
    I wouldn't want a sims game where all they do is clean their house @Sigzy05

Yes it is. There has to be a balance of everything, not too much and not too little! Some simmers just tend to go onto weird extremes that no one mentioned or talked about. And also, I loved the feeling of having to buy actual clothes in TS2. But like I said, that has nothing to do with occults being or not in the game. TS1, TS2, and TS3 were very much sims games and they had all or most of what I'm requesting, TS4 makes it all too easy.

And if you don't want to make your sims do the dishes, or bed, or clean, maids have been in the base game since TS1, it's already optional. I really don't think dragging plates is the answer. We'd again, fall into the same problems TS4 has, that it is too easy, too Utopian like, catering at the people who think anything is hard and request for cheats to become game features, that ends up not even being an actual game. Again, balance please. It's not like I'm requesting for sims to dust, vacuum, iron, do laundry, clean rugs, cut the grass, wash the floor, etc, now that @comicsforlife would be too much.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Medieval is as 'realistic' as I'd want, look-wise. I honestly love the way TS4 looks. I find it much more charming than TS3 was. I can barely look at TS3 screenshots without going 'ugh.' And I liked TS3! But it did not age well visually at all. On the other hand, I can look at TS2 screenshots, and while it does look dated, it's still visually appealing.

And a big thing for me is that the animations look interesting. No matter how much there is to do in a sims game, you wind up watching them do most of it multiple times, over and over, and if all the animations are blandy bland bland, it gets dull much quicker. So I like how quirky and exaggerated the TS4 sims are in, say, their conversations with each other, and I would really prefer not to lose that.

That said, the manic smile they have in, like, most of their good moods is a little too much. I DID install a mod that made that calm the heck down (now they only look slightly crazed when they're Flirty or Playful for me. :P ) and it's way better. For me, anyway.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    The thing is, if you leave too many ordinary and mundane things out of a life simulator, you end up taking away the life part
    but if you have things to realistic and I'm not just talking about dishes or occults it becomes more like Second Life very realistic but its no sims game that goes for the art as well I don't have anything against dishes but I think people should have the option to do whatever they want in there sims game I want them to be able to buy clothing as well and dishes to they could pick out wedding plates :)@Sigzy05
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I find TS4's animations over the top. Jumping eyebrows, facial expressions are too expressive. To the point no matter how different a Sim appears from another, they both have the same facial expressions. This isn't true in TS2 and TS3. My angry face shouldn't look like yours. My eyebrow might go up like Spock where as yours would not. But TS4 Sims all do the same facial expressions so much so I can hardly tell them apart. I really can't bear that sideways look they all do (females) while looking up, it turns all of them into the same Sim. It's not cute, it's not realistic, and it's redundant. My eyes would not be the same shape as yours (anyone's) if we both did this. See what I mean? But in TS4 both Sims eyes become the same shape, and there you can't tell them apart.

I won't go into the lack of traits mattering in TS4, or the silly emotions, I hope with all my heart they have learned their lessons with TS4, but I doubt it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I find TS4's animations over the top. Jumping eyebrows, facial expressions are too expressive. To the point no matter how different a Sim appears from another, they both have the same facial expressions. This isn't true in TS2 and TS3. My angry face shouldn't look like yours. My eyebrow might go up like Spock where as yours would not. But TS4 Sims all do the same facial expressions so much so I can hardly tell them apart. I really can't bear that sideways look they all do (females) while looking up, it turns all of them into the same Sim. It's not cute, it's not realistic, and it's redundant. My eyes would not be the same shape as yours (anyone's) if we both did this. See what I mean? But in TS4 both Sims eyes become the same shape, and there you can't tell them apart.

I won't go into the lack of traits mattering in TS4, or the silly emotions, I hope with all my heart they have learned their lessons with TS4, but I doubt it.

Don't click the spoiler :s
    LkEZkMP.png?1

And they said TS4 had better facial expressions than TS3....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

LkEZkMP.png?1

I had to click, lol That's absolutely horrible. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    https://youtu.be/dYkPzzFEMcg
    I think this shows them pretty well and the art used in each
  • Options
    Sjofn wrote: »
    Medieval is as 'realistic' as I'd want, look-wise. I honestly love the way TS4 looks. I find it much more charming than TS3 was. I can barely look at TS3 screenshots without going 'ugh.' And I liked TS3! But it did not age well visually at all. On the other hand, I can look at TS2 screenshots, and while it does look dated, it's still visually appealing.

And a big thing for me is that the animations look interesting. No matter how much there is to do in a sims game, you wind up watching them do most of it multiple times, over and over, and if all the animations are blandy bland bland, it gets dull much quicker. So I like how quirky and exaggerated the TS4 sims are in, say, their conversations with each other, and I would really prefer not to lose that.

That said, the manic smile they have in, like, most of their good moods is a little too much. I DID install a mod that made that calm the heck down (now they only look slightly crazed when they're Flirty or Playful for me. :P ) and it's way better. For me, anyway.

I agree
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018

The basic sim in 3 was very very meh, but if I may speak for myself, my breath frequently is taken away when I play the game and scroll through the many screenshot topics in the Sims 3 section. Where similar topics in the Sims 4 section make me go ‘meh’ after two pages, it just really can’t stand in its shadow, beauty wise. So, that’s clearly a matter of opinion and I mainly hope they’ll find an art style this time around that can please us all. Sims 2’s art style is completely similar to Sims 3’s by the way, I’ve often mistaken a Sims 2 picture for a Sims 3 one so I don’t understand what exactly you are observing there.

If there’s one thing I’d love them to lose it’s the Sims 4 interpretation of ‘quirky’ (they’re not quirky, they’re clowny), even when I am having fun with that aspect right now. I’m only having fun with it because I adjusted my mindset and approach the game as a cartoon now (and I love cartoons so that doesn’t even come unnatural for me). For me this is coping though, NOT the way I actually want to play this game. And my appreciation of the visual aspect of Sims 4 where my sims are concerned, is literally saved by the fact I have a mod that suppresses their constant smiles, that spoil everything I tried to achieve in CAS. Because I want my character to look like this most of the time:

RvXklh8.png

C2uR0bO.png

Not like this:

uAqmGLp.png

The fact she hardly ever looks like that now in my game makes this picture funny to me. If she’d constantly do this I’d get irritated.

Humour is a delicate thing and in Sims 4 they’re completely missing the mark as far as I’m concerned.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

LkEZkMP.png?1

In Sims 4’s defence, I enjoy its facial expressions as much now as I do and have always done in Sims 3 (thát is the misconception, that Sims 3 did that lousy; not true, they are just more subtle but absolutely there and amazing). If you click on my signature, scroll through the pictures and focus on the facial expressions, I hope you can see why I’ve changed my mind about that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I like TS2 animations better. They are much more charming and funny, TS4 looks like it's trying too hard, they are kind of cheese and the voice of the sims doesn't help. And TS3 ones....they aren't very good, let's be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfI9GrYJEQc

Here TS2, again wins hands down. TS4 animations are too much. They wave their arms so much it's uncomfortable to me. Who talks like that irl? And TS2 flirty and kiss animations are super spicy, AY AY AY.... ahahaha I loves it. Sims just feel so passionate toward each other in TS2. I think TS3 was when the political correctness started to hit the internet, and things became bland.

I hope TS5 doesn't go overt he top with animations and keep them relatable, somewhat humorous and interesting. The humor you'd see on TS1 type of humor.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I like TS2 animations better. They are much more charming and funny, TS4 looks like it's trying too hard, they are kind of cheese and the voice of the sims doesn't help. And TS3 ones....they aren't very good, let's be honest.

Here TS2, again wins hands down. TS4 animations are too much. They wave their arms so much it's uncomfortable to me. Who talks like that irl? And TS2 flirty and kiss animations are super spicy, AY AY AY.... ahahaha I loves it. Sims just feel so passionate toward each other in TS2. I think TS3 was when the political correctness started to hit the internet, and things became bland.

I hope TS5 doesn't go overt he top with animations and keep them relatable, somewhat humorous and interesting. The humor you'd see on TS1 type of humor.

I do like the way the worlds looked in 3 as for whos animations were better like sims 4 best and sims 2 next but not all of 3 were bad
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Sims 2 style not sims 3 pudding face
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    This is what we had so far:

mrOUPkb.png

I know which sim I prefer (and Sims 2 style = Sims 3 style). But let’s leave that for now and focus on the actual subject of the topic shall we? The future. If there is one.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

mrOUPkb.png

I know which sim I prefer (and Sims 2 style = Sims 3 style). But let’s leave that for now and focus on the actual subject of the topic shall we? The future. If there is one.

t

sims 2 is the worst there the hair looks dirty and he looks like hasn't had enough to eat
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

The basic sim in 3 was very very meh, but if I may speak for myself, my breath frequently is taken away when I play the game and scroll through the many screenshot topics in the Sims 3 section. Where similar topics in the Sims 4 section make me go ‘meh’ after two pages, it just really can’t stand in its shadow, beauty wise. So, that’s clearly a matter of opinion and I mainly hope they’ll find an art style this time around that can please us all. Sims 2’s art style is completely similar to Sims 3’s by the way, I’ve often mistaken a Sims 2 picture for a Sims 3 one so I don’t understand what exactly you are observing there.

If there’s one thing I’d love them to lose it’s the Sims 4 interpretation of ‘quirky’ (they’re not quirky, they’re clowny), even when I am having fun with that aspect right now. I’m only having fun with it because I adjusted my mindset and approach the game as a cartoon now (and I love cartoons so that doesn’t even come unnatural for me). For me this is coping though, NOT the way I actually want to play this game. And my appreciation of the visual aspect of Sims 4 where my sims are concerned, is literally saved by the fact I have a mod that suppresses their constant smiles, that spoil everything I tried to achieve in CAS. Because I want my character to look like this most of the time:

RvXklh8.png

C2uR0bO.png

Not like this:

uAqmGLp.png

The fact she hardly ever looks like that now in my game makes this picture funny to me. If she’d constantly do this I’d get irritated.

Humour is a delicate thing and in Sims 4 they’re completely missing the mark as far as I’m concerned.

The Sism 3 has many similarities to The SIms 2, because they have re-used much of the predecessor, as The Sims 2 has reused a lot of The SIms 1 and its console 3D games. Only The Sims 4 was made completely from scratch and I think this was a huge mistake, to improve they should have reused content from previous games more than ever instead of throwing it all in the trash.
    For producers working with such a rigid company (EA Games), the SimGurus do not look as smart as they should be. They could gain a lot of production time if they included a certain reuse of previous content (And I'm not talking about what they do in The Sims 4, recoloring objects that we already have in the game! That is bad cheating, not smart cheating.).
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Sigzy05 Talkign about animations... I hate that in SIms 4 when they propose eachother to woohoo they scream like they are kids or something... I miss TS3 where they would make out and then they would go to the bed,

@comicsforlife You said that you liked how the worlds in SIms 3 where designed... For me, i like the open world in Sims 3 (although it doesnt work properly, lags, etc), but speaking about design... I feel that Sims 4 managed to be better, the neighborhoods are more detailed and all, i love the that the roads are now 3D... The Sims 4 wons that one.

@JoAnne65 I don't like how in SIms 3 the shadows are too dark and the bright spots are to bright... You can see that in that picutre-comparison you posted. Some worlds were even darker, i had i bad time sometimes cuz i have sight problems.
  • Options

mrOUPkb.png

t

sims 2 is the worst there the hair looks dirty and he looks like hasn't had enough to eat

I also think that Sims 2 hair was a little weird, but it had mroe variety. Sims 4 hairstyles look all the same, mostly the male hairstyles. In Sims 2 we had a huge variety o hairs that didnt look nearly like eachother, some were from the 80's, some were modern, some were futuristic, some were medieval... I miss that fashion variety that we had in SIms 2. At least in SIms 4 the hats are separate from the hairstyles.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The thing I like about Sims 2 hair is that some of them had some slight animation. The 3 and 4 ones are just stiff.

In terms of hair styles, Sims 3 has the worst variety. I own all EPs and there are only a few that I'd actually use, especially for men. I had to rely on store content and CC to get more decent ones. TS4 has better styles.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh they never seem to find the right balance for haristyles in this series...
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd say Sims 2 is alright. Lots of styles I would use for both men and women, and the hair texture/strands looks alright. But since it's from 2004, the styles are low-poly and might not always look good
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

mrOUPkb.png

t

Somehow people tend to forget vanilla sims in Sims 2 aren’t mom’s prettiest ;) But there is always CC and the same goes for Sims 3 if you don’t like the looks of the sims, in all kind of varieties. As for a Sims 5: I’d love the more ‘noisy’ texture of Sims 2 and 3 (as gurus called it once), but with Sims 4 CAS options and face structures.
    Karon wrote: »

RvXklh8.png

C2uR0bO.png

Not like this:

uAqmGLp.png

The Sism 3 has many similarities to The SIms 2, because they have re-used much of the predecessor, as The Sims 2 has reused a lot of The SIms 1 and its console 3D games. Only The Sims 4 was made completely from scratch and I think this was a huge mistake, to improve they should have reused content from previous games more than ever instead of throwing it all in the trash.
    For producers working with such a rigid company (EA Games), the SimGurus do not look as smart as they should be. They could gain a lot of production time if they included a certain reuse of previous content (And I'm not talking about what they do in The Sims 4, recoloring objects that we already have in the game! That is bad cheating, not smart cheating.).
    I’m not sure if that should be a problem as such (them starting from scratch), because at the same time I can imagine it was a disappointment for Sims 2 players when Sims 3 came with copied animations and interactions. Sims 2 and 3 are created with the same engine I believe?

CASt will be hiiiiiiiighly important for me in a next game, but maybe you’ll come to that subject later on.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I’m not sure if that should be a problem as such (them starting from scratch), because at the same time I can imagine it was a disappointment for Sims 2 players when Sims 3 came with copied animations and interactions. Sims 2 and 3 are created with the same engine I believe?

CASt will be hiiiiiiiighly important for me in a next game, but maybe you’ll come to that subject later on.

It wasnt a disappointment for me. I think it kinda helpd me like TS3 a little, cuz the nostalgia factor really touches me. The only thing a found from previous games in Sims 4 is a Sims 3 lamp, i got so excited when i foudn it (idk why haha i sound like an idiot), but i didnt found anything else later.
    Converting an object/animation/mesh is not a problem for me. Many games do that nowadays, mostly the sports ones, but there is some requirements that should be followed. Like, a Sims 2 hairstyle wouldnt look good if they just converted it... It would need some touch-ups. An object would need new textures, an animation would need to be worked a little more so that it could be more fluid than the previous games were *you can see that sims 4 movements are more natural than the robotic sims 3/2 movements).
    They would need small touch-ups, but they would pretty much be cheaper than creating something from scratch. I mean, i like new objects, modern stuff and all, but have you ever imagined if they added twice the number of objects in a stuff pack for the same price we pay today? Thats what convertions would do... New objects + nostalgia objects = more content for the same price we always paid.

And, yes. I can talk about CASt in a future theme.