Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

She wont marry him.

Comments

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Until Seasons came out I never had a sim refuse a proposal. Now it happens 6/10 times. I don't mind, really. It adds more drama but sometimes can really throw a spanner in my plans.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    I have noticed this too, I tend to just go and give up

d
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a setting, but if it was the mod causing this, it would happen with every couple not just one. Unless you have flagged one or the sims for never marry, but it shouldn't affect player directed proposal.
    Its not a MOD defect as I dont have MODS in my game and it has been happening to me.

• Options
    AahanaAahana Posts: 36 Member
    It happened to me once. But the problem was my sim had 5 more girlfriends. I had to break up with each one of them to finally marry to the sim I want.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    Aahana wrote: »
    It happened to me once. But the problem was my sim had 5 more girlfriends. I had to break up with each one of them to finally marry to the sim I want.
    Didn’t the OP say that the female sim flirts with lots of people. Maybe if she has multiple romantic interests she needs to ask each of them to only be friends before she will accept a marriage proposal from the OP’s sim?
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I doubt is that, that gives problems with marriage as it says you can't marry a sim in your employ. My sim had 3 girlfriends when he proposed and it was accepted.

Version 4.something of Mccc was causing this problem as I tested it both with and without the mod more than once. The fact is, it was causing this with all and every couples for no reason. This doesn't say that something changed in the proposal behaviour, as they get turned down way more than before, without mods too. It was hard to get refused before even from non-committal sims.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Firande wrote: »
    There may very well be a bug that came with one of the recent patches (Seasons) - I'm not entirely sure about this, but pretty sure; and it's causing outside proposals to be rejected more often than not. There are Simmers who still have outside proposals accepted so if it is a bug it's not a consistent one, but me and friends of mine have also experienced an insane increase in proposal rejections even for Sims who were in good moods, had highest relationships, no Noncommittal-like traits, and had amorous conversations. There seems to be a connection between proposals being rejected and them being outside; inside proposals still do seem to work. One of my friends ran this by SimGuruNick but I'm not sure if she received a response, but hopefully they're looking into it. I don't mind rejection chances being increased, but it's become so bad that outside proposals are barely still accepted even in the most perfect setting imaginable.

Mine was inside at a restaurant and still refused.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Aahana wrote: »
    Didn’t the OP say that the female sim flirts with lots of people. Maybe if she has multiple romantic interests she needs to ask each of them to only be friends before she will accept a marriage proposal from the OP’s sim?

I will try this. See I play in rotation and I came back to this family after playing other families in my rotation. I came back to her being pregnant. I am not sure that the SIM she is living with is the father. The game is not that real that we have DNA to test paternity. So it could be another SIM she flirts with. Maybe she just wants to marry someone else. Maybe she wants to be with the same sex not a different one and this pregnancy was just a plum. Anyway I am playing it out. I chatted with @Deaderpool directly and he suggested that she could like the same sex. Which I think makes sense. It is not his mod. When I have time today I am going to play this possibility as she flirts with both sexes. Like I said she is always in the pink seems like. Thanks all for suggestions keep them coming. I am open for all.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Firande
    You may like to start a thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback about this issue there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I will look into that but I went in briefly and it seems a little hard to navigate. I just need like this here you go put in the information and get answers.
    My life is complicated. I have time for little snatches of game play. I will look into this when I have mire time right now I just want to answer here and play.
  • Options
    You can see that easy with this mod http://modthesims.info/d/576053 it will say 100% for females if that's the case.
  • Options
    You can see that easy with this mod http://modthesims.info/d/576053 it will say 100% for females if that's the case.

Thank you I will download it. Thanks again for all your help.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Does she have the Noncommitment trait? I had a scenario like this in my Pinstar's Legacy Challenge game a couple of years back. He was my Gen. 9 heir, so all they really had to do was have a baby, which she did. He must have proposed three separate times before she finally gave in. One time she was so forceful about her rejection, she slapped the ring right out of his hand! I was gob smacked. Here they were, alone, under the stars on the back patio. He gets down on his knee and she gets all angry at him.

I would suggest you have your Sim be persistent and wear he down.
    @GalacticGal
    This is hilarious. I’ve never actually had a sim’s proposal rejected - gonna have to find myself a noncommittal sim to woo. Have any pictures?

It stunned me, actually. She did consent to be his bride in the end. I did keep this family in my library, even though the Legacy Challenge ended with the birth of their baby boy. Sentimental, I guess. I have no intention of playing them any further.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I've noticed marriage proposals getting rejected a lot more since the Seasons patch. I've been thinking it's because my sims weren't in a good enough mood when the proposal was made, but someone in here mentioned that it's happening with sims in great moods as well. So, it must be something the devs tweaked in the last patch. It can be irksome when it seems like there's no reason for it, but I also do enjoy the way it's making me develop storytelling and relationships in my game. Given I've had the "you can't marry a sim in your employ" issue before, this bug is much preferred; if it is in fact a bug.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Sometimes it is just not meant to be :heartbreak:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    greatmorgangreatmorgan Posts: 38 Member
    Sorry it’s not working for you
  • Options
    I've noticed marriage proposals getting rejected a lot more since the Seasons patch. I've been thinking it's because my sims weren't in a good enough mood when the proposal was made, but someone in here mentioned that it's happening with sims in great moods as well. So, it must be something the devs tweaked in the last patch. It can be irksome when it seems like there's no reason for it, but I also do enjoy the way it's making me develop storytelling and relationships in my game. Given I've had the "you can't marry a sim in your employ" issue before, this bug is much preferred; if it is in fact a bug.

It is fun and more realistic. Makes me want to not make married Sims anymore so my sins,can really pick out their mates.
    I play different family's per,session so this,will have me break the rythum but will be worth the experience.
    I have time when my husband is asleep (He has brain cancer) so I will play this family again. I will be checking if there is someone else, someone of the,same sex, someone of the opposite sex, or however it Tues out. I will let everyone know on here.
  • Options
    Sometimes it is just not meant to be :heartbreak:

Your right that's what I am going to Che k yonight.
  • Options
    Sorry it’s not working for you

Thank you. But however it works out it should be fun.
  • Options
    @SimGuruNick do you know why this is happening? Is it meant to happen? It's more like life. But just wondering if it's a bug or on purpose
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I once forced two of my Sims to marry and their marriage is failing.

They hate each other, and I'm pretty sure they hate me too :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Well last night she had the baby. For some reason it did not show to take her to hospital so she had it in the yard. In the rain no umbrella. I dont know where to get them. They both care for the infant. She went off to work Chef He is a mess those embarrassment buffs are really getting to him
    He is at home for a few days until he works again Detective.
    He is caring for the baby as I make him. Otherwise I do not think either one would care.
    She is not seeing anyone else at this point and there is no evidence that she is seeing anyone else.
    He is not asking anymore and they are just going on with their dysfunctional lives.
    I am going to move to another family for a few days and I will come back and see what has happened here. Seems more happens when I leave them two alone.
  • Options
    RosalettaRosaletta Posts: 25 Member
    The same thing is happening with one of my sims and his boyfriend, and to be honest I don't like it very much. These two has had a relationship since they were teens, both bars are maxed out, and none of them have non-committal trait (one of them is family oriented). Each time I have had one of them propose they have both been very flirty with steamy exchange, and at least for the last few times I know that they were both in a good mood as well. I have tried having both of them do the proposing, I have tried both indoors and outdoors, on a date and not on a date. But they keep rejecting each other.
    Still, both of them keep rolling whims to get engaged to each other, like all the time. So I don't think it makes any sense to break them up either, because it surely seems like both of them really want to get married to each other.. :/

I'm curious to see if this is happening with any other sims in my save, since some of them are starting to date now. If it is a more general thing, I wish it could feel a bit more rational, for instance that I'd get the feeling that one of them don't want it, or there's a reason the timing is a bit off. Or something.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Rosaletta wrote: »
    The same thing is happening with one of my sims and his boyfriend, and to be honest I don't like it very much. These two has had a relationship since they were teens, both bars are maxed out, and none of them have non-committal trait (one of them is family oriented). Each time I have had one of them propose they have both been very flirty with steamy exchange, and at least for the last few times I know that they were both in a good mood as well. I have tried having both of them do the proposing, I have tried both indoors and outdoors, on a date and not on a date. But they keep rejecting each other.
    Still, both of them keep rolling whims to get engaged to each other, like all the time. So I don't think it makes any sense to break them up either, because it surely seems like both of them really want to get married to each other.. :/

I'm curious to see if this is happening with any other sims in my save, since some of them are starting to date now. If it is a more general thing, I wish it could feel a bit more rational, for instance that I'd get the feeling that one of them don't want it, or there's a reason the timing is a bit off. Or something.

Sounds almost exactly what I am facing so it has to be a bug. I just don't know what else it could be. Like I said I am getting away from it for awhile I am going to play some of my other families and let them just go on as they are until I come back to them. I will come back to them more than I normally would have as I want to see what happens. But I do not see it changing much.
    It did not happen with another couple I was not going to group them together but so I could see if it would happen again, I did.
    They do not seem as happy together as this couple the proposal was accepted first shot. The only difference was the lady was not pregnant. I pondered
    if that had something to do with it
    But since you are having the same problem without the pregnancy angle then I think it's a glitch.
  • Options
    Again @SimGuruNick. Is this a bug a glitch or intended?
  • Options
    May have something to do with their traits? Maybe they are incompatible..
  • Options
    May have something to do with their traits? Maybe they are incompatible..

These are the traits
    Her. Soulmate romantic good clumsy
    Him large family sloppy artistic bro.

Don't see the non compatible or am I missing it?