Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 gallery problems - Sept 1, 2018

HavenHaven Posts: 37 Member
Right now I'm having a problem with my gallery. It's not loading at all. I tried 'repairing' it. I also tried the browser gallery site and it's not working. Anyone else having this problem?
w7ctvt.png
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    edited September 2018
    Gallery is a mess. Half the time the page won't load or it's missing stuff, out of order, can't upload, nobody sees new builds, it's just broken.
    So many bug reports written on EA help and they just ignore it.

Oh and they have plans to sell me new content over the next 3 years??? I doubt I'll still be around if this keeps up.

MAXIS IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH THEIR USERS!
    Post edited by Marjia on
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Marjia wrote: »
    Gallery is a mess. Half the time the page won't load or it's missing stuff, out of order, can't upload, nobody sees new builds, it's just broken.

Oh and they have plans to sell me new content over the next 3 years??? I doubt I'll still be around if this keeps up.

I have a problem accessing the gallery since a few days ago. Whenever I open the gallery, my cache folders are filled up with images from the gallery and making the game so laggy. So, for now, I refrain myself from checking the gallery. I thought that they just recently fixed it? I saw some twitter updates on it..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member

I have to totally agree with you, in fact I was on here to see if others were having issues. I believe that, for some, we have just kind of accepted that this is the way it is, EA /Maxis has a very low customer satisfaction rate, and they seem to not care at all..

I personally have put in several tickets to HQ, and they were more concerned that I did not edit a post, but wrote a new reply.

So Frustrating to have such a wonderful game, and know the potential, but no effort to fix so many problems!
  • Options
    40565389_10156044109678409_3666618751735824384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ffc34377061845b2a0ced9260829b63e&oe=5BFBA1CF
    TENSE FROM GALLERY ISSUES
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have also been having much more frequent issues with the gallery since it was updated. For example, this morning I couldn't get my own profile to load, even though the rest of the gallery was working fine for me.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    I could get my own library to load but according to my search of the gallery there are no 20x15 lots on the entire gallery. :p I wanted to find a replacement lot for the 20x15 Hillview Hideaway in Selvadorada. Guess I'll just renovate it.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    40565389_10156044109678409_3666618751735824384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ffc34377061845b2a0ced9260829b63e&oe=5BFBA1CF
    TENSE FROM GALLERY ISSUES

Love the pic!!! ♥♥♥
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    It's completely down for me now. Can't get my profile page, news or the gallery. :(
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I realize it's a holiday weekend here in the US, but do we know if there's anyone to contact about the current gallery outage? It's going to be a verrrry long weekend if people can't access it.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It’s been down off and on today. This was from about 2 hours ago.
  • Options
    HavenHaven Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you so much!
    w7ctvt.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    There has been a report made on the EA site, but falling on deaf ears. They seem to be out of touch with the community and prefer it that way. Even the website is down, so if you're wondering if it's something wrong with your computer, it isn't. It's just EA ignoring us as usual.
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    @Marjia It is fixed :) This fact hit me with a ricochet because it knocked me out of the game at the moment when I finished the house XD
    Four hours of work went to hell. I hope that this happiness will last and I will upload this house before Gallery will be break down again.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Yeah. I thought it was just me... The Gallery is pretty bad.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    They close it down for maintenance regularly and completely understand it has issues. Now I agree it’s currently a hot mess and I’ve never had more issues with it....but EA isn’t ignoring them. They wouldn’t be closing down for maintenance so often to try and fix this mess if they were. They are on a holiday weekend, we can’t expect them to fix the issues from today immediately when it’s a weekend anyway. Weekends are slower with repairs which makes sense. When this stuff happens on a weekday, they do close it down and fix it. They have been doing this often since the update. Annoying it’s happening so much though, no arguments there.
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2018
    I am assuming that it was down today for maintenance. I was (bad timing) in there trying to load some things several times throughout the day and had many issues or spotty response. Then several hours ago it was acting normal (though I had to re-do a bunch of content). They did announced that they were revamping it. Maybe we will now or very soon be much happier. It is rough trying to do maintenance or revamping to a live website with many active users interacting with it at the same time. I am aiming for patience and anticipating helpful changes.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited September 2018
    The Gallery is broken again, Happiness did not last long - only 12 hours There are almost 80.000 players in the Gallery now and, of course, the server could not stand it. Objects in the Gallery are zero - as it was last night and nothing works.
    Gallery on line doesn't work also.
    file.php?id=1885&sid=fe4c5e6563dc05e5be07afe308aa8265
    Post edited by kreatora on
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    kreatora wrote: »
    @Marjia It is fixed :) This fact hit me with a ricochet because it knocked me out of the game at the moment when I finished the house XD
    Four hours of work went to hell. I hope that this happiness will last and I will upload this house before Gallery will be break down again.

it is not fixed. Got up Sunday morning Sept 2 and it's still down. even the website version is down
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    The gallery is still down... I hope they will fix it soon and will put newest uploads as default again.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I typed in a name of a character that I have in my game, got off the gallery yesterday, now no matter what character name I type in that I already have it tells me "no options available" ( or whatever is says when it finds nothing). I wish they had not messed with the gallery. Even when you do find what you are looking for, it takes forever.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I am wondering the same thing! I tried to upload a lot earlier and my game froze - I had to ctrl-alt-del to close the game. I've tried to get into the gallery to look at downloads and it says there are no items available. I haven't searched for anything yet, it just tells me its empty. I went into the News tab and it says that in my gallery there are lots of things saved, but in the community gallery there are 0 items... Is anyone else having this?
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    This happens to me very frequently since the gallery update. It usually fixes itself eventually. I figured everyone was experiencing it!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Gallery is down for me too - like almost always.