Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Leny1000 wrote: »
    Hello, I joined half an hour ago, and have come to introduce myself!

Hello @Leny1000 :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting about the Sims that are in your games.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi! My name is Sheri. I'm a freelance web and graphic designer who also does professional photography. I drink a lot of coffee, live in front of my computer, and occasionally leave my house. I love what I do.

I got into Sims 1 & 2 years ago. Sims 3 never stuck with me. Now that I have a computer that can handle it well (my iMac is my precious), I picked back up with Sims 4 when business was slow several months ago and I'm hooked again. My daughter-in-law says maybe I need an intervention. Hahaha... Well, I must admit, I have had more than one night where I looked up and found it was nearly morning.

My gaming style? I run a rather tight ship with my Sims in general, and I take good care of them. My two 'original' Sims are named after my husband and I, and though he is a 'Space Ranger' (not risky enough to do the 'pirate' route), I was a bit freaked out when aliens abducted him one night while gardening a few days ago. No worries, he's fine. ;) I was totally planning to pull out the backup if they ruined him or didn't bring him back. Just sayin'...that was a deal-breaker. Hahaha...

Anyway, it's cool to be able to discuss the game with a group. I'm excited! I'm so thrilled when I can share something I learned the hard way with others (like how to properly backup what you don't want to lose since I lost my entire computer and backup contents within 2 days time at one point). I have uploaded several favorite builds into the gallery and love when others enjoy them. Things like that...

So... it's nice to meet you all!
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    SheriGR wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Sheri. In Sim traits I would be part computer-nerd and part creative. I'm a freelance web and graphic designer who also does professional photography. I drink a lot of coffee, live in front of my computer, and occasionally leave my house. I love what I do.

I got into Sims 1 & 2 years ago. Sims 3 never stuck with me. Now that I have a computer that can handle it well (my iMac is my precious), I picked back up with Sims 4 when business was slow several months ago and I'm hooked again. My daughter-in-law says maybe I need an intervention. Hahaha... Well, I must admit, I have had more than one night where I looked up and found it was nearly morning.

My gaming style? I run a rather tight ship with my Sims in general, and I take good care of them. My two 'original' Sims are named after my husband and I, and though he is a 'Space Ranger' (not risky enough to do the 'pirate' route), I was a bit freaked out when aliens abducted him one night while gardening a few days ago. No worries, he's fine. ;) I was totally planning to pull out the backup if they ruined him or didn't bring him back. Just sayin'...that was a deal-breaker. Hahaha...

Anyway, it's cool to be able to discuss the game with a group. I'm excited! I'm so thrilled when I can share something I learned the hard way with others (like how to properly backup what you don't want to lose since I lost my entire computer and backup contents within 2 days time at one point). I have uploaded several favorite builds into the gallery and love when others enjoy them. Things like that...

So... it's nice to meet you all!

Hello @SheriGR :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are a freelance web and graphics designer. It would be enjoyable working with different people and helping them with their internet web requirements. As a professional photographer, you would enjoy having your sims taking photos in your game.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1 and 2, and are now enjoying playing Sims 4 on your Mac that can now handle this game version. Time passes very quickly when we are simming! We want to stay on a little longer on to see what happens next in the lives of our sims!
    It is great that the original sims in your game are named after you and your husband. It makes it extra special when you play the game. It would have given you quite a surprise when your husband sim was abducted by the aliens! It always happens so unexpectedly!
    I am so sorry to hear that you lost your whole computer and backup contents at one stage :( It would have very upsetting for you.

• Options
    You are so kind, @rosemow... as always. Ya, fighting with my old laptop was not any fun. And try processing ginormous raw photo files from a wedding on a laptop (unless it is a gaming computer) and it will drive you to drink! Haha... even with a huge iMac, if Sims is up and I open Photoshop, everything crashes. Sims is the one think that will cause my iMac to make noise. And no, I did not love the photographer career/skill in Sims. It was super fidgety to get it to accept the crop I wanted. I gave up on that for now. Although... when I started learning to run a DSLR on full manual I wanted to throw the thing in the river! Yes, the computer crash happened on a regular basis before my iMac, but that was the worst time, when I lost everything. I have an even worse story about the first website I made after college... I erased an entire website in the root (well, technically the guy at the hosting company did).That is my worst equipment/software/coding story, and I have some doozies. ;)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    You are so kind, @rosemow... as always. Ya, fighting with my old laptop was not any fun. And try processing ginormous raw photo files from a wedding on a laptop (unless it is a gaming computer) and it will drive you to drink! Haha... even with a huge iMac, if Sims is up and I open Photoshop, everything crashes. Sims is the one think that will cause my iMac to make noise. And no, I did not love the photographer career/skill in Sims. It was super fidgety to get it to accept the crop I wanted. I gave up on that for now. Although... when I started learning to run a DSLR on full manual I wanted to throw the thing in the river! Yes, the computer crash happened on a regular basis before my iMac, but that was the worst time, when I lost everything. I have an even worse story about the first website I made after college... I erased an entire website in the root (well, technically the guy at the hosting company did).That is my worst equipment/software/coding story, and I have some doozies. ;)

Hello
    It wasn’t good that the whole first website that you made after college was erased! :(
  • Options
    @rosemow ... it was my own website (my portfolio), so that sort-of took away from the tragedy. The one I replaced it with was better anyway, but it is not something you WANT to be forced into. Thankfully I had a bunch of the info and content locally. It was not good, though, and has not happened since. :)
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Hi! I just joined and I'm super excited to be here! :) I love playing the sims 4.
  • Options
    Hi! I just joined and I'm super excited to be here! :) I love playing the sims 4.

Hello @Simprincess :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums threads, and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your games.
    Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
  • Options
    VictoryX51VictoryX51 Posts: 10 New Member
    Oh, neat. I had no idea there was an introduction thread. Hi!
  • Options
    VictoryX51 wrote: »
    Oh, neat. I had no idea there was an introduction thread. Hi!

Hello @VictoryX51 :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find new helpful tips on playing the game, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences.
  • Options
    BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    Hello all! I'm currently playing the Sims 4 and having a blast. I've played Sims 2, 3 (loved it) and Medieval which I loved because it was different from the rest. I love to build and have a few new builds that I plan on uploading to the gallery. My latest build is a fun boathouse bar called "Steamboat Willies Raw Bar" it's a prefect replacement for the (20*15) "Salty Paws Saloon" in Brindleton. Of course this is the perfect location for it since it's best docked. All cats and dogs welcome! However, it would make a neat little boathouse to live in too. I've also made a larger version 30*20 which I have turned into "Steamboat Willie's Restaurant." It's on the water of course (at least the illusion) with a cool glass bottom floor feature. So yes, as you can probably tell I love to build. When actually playing, I'm having tons of fun with "Cats and Dogs" especially being a Vet. On my most profitable day I made $30K+ :# Sim traits that describe me are cheerful, creative, goofball, and dog lover.
  • Options
    Boardwalk wrote: »
    Hello all! I'm currently playing the Sims 4 and having a blast. I've played Sims 2, 3 (loved it) and Medieval which I loved because it was different from the rest. I love to build and have a few new builds that I plan on uploading to the gallery. My latest build is a fun boathouse bar called "Steamboat Willies Raw Bar" it's a prefect replacement for the (20*15) "Salty Paws Saloon" in Brindleton. Of course this is the perfect location for it since it's best docked. All cats and dogs welcome! However, it would make a neat little boathouse to live in too. I've also made a larger version 30*20 which I have turned into "Steamboat Willie's Restaurant." It's on the water of course (at least the illusion) with a cool glass bottom floor feature. So yes, as you can probably tell I love to build. When actually playing, I'm having tons of fun with "Cats and Dogs" especially being a Vet. On my most profitable day I made $30K+ :# Sim traits that describe me are cheerful, creative, goofball, and dog lover.

Hello @Boardwalk :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have played Sims 2, 3, Medieval, and are now enjoying playing Sims 4. Each version of The Sims is very enjoyable to play, with their own special and fun features!
    Building is a great part of the game! It is a special way of expressing our creativity through the game. Your boathouse bar and restaurant builds sound very creatively great! They would be very nice venues for Sims to enjoy visiting to have a drink and a meal.
    It is great that your sim is a Vet. Congratulations that you made over 30, 000 simoleons on one day! That is great!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    BoardwalkBoardwalk Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you Rosemow for the warm welcome. Building is indeed a great part of the game! It's a nice alternative for when I need a break from demanding Sims, where I can switch to building and making their world even cooler :)
  • Options
    Boardwalk wrote: »
    Thank you Rosemow for the warm welcome. Building is indeed a great part of the game! It's a nice alternative for when I need a break from demanding Sims, where I can switch to building and making their world even cooler :)

You’re welcome @Boardwalk :)
  • Options
    WitchyForever0WitchyForever0 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi I'm Mónica! I'm from Portugal and I have been playing the sims since I was a little child (about 5-6 years old if I'm not wrong), {EA_Lanna: removed age.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Mónica! I'm from Portugal and I have been playing the sims since I was a little child (about 5-6 years old if I'm not wrong).

Hello @WitchyForever0 :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child, and playing The Sims has been a part of your life as you have been growing up . You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time, playing, creating and building in The Sims!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    MintyMangoMintyMango Posts: 38 Member
    Hi Everyone! I'm MintyMango and I joined today to the forum, but I've been reading it regularly :) I love to play Sims 4 since 2014, I have few families and one main family (the Milligan family) and my game style is the over-controlling, so I love to control all of their actions, but now I started the ISBI challenge just for fun. I also love to do challenges and read others legacies, this always gives me a lot of inspiration. I'm glad I finally registered :)
  • Options
    MintyMango wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I'm MintyMango and I joined today to the forum, but I've been reading it regularly :) I love to play Sims 4 since 2014, I have few families and one main family (the Milligan family) and my game style is the over-controlling, so I love to control all of their actions, but now I started the ISBI challenge just for fun. I also love to do challenges and read others legacies, this always gives me a lot of inspiration. I'm glad I finally registered :)

Hello @MintyMango :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have joined the forums simming community :) It is nice that you have a few Sims families households in your game , and a main family that you play. You would enjoy seeing them interacting with each other.
    Simming challenges are an enjoyable and fun part of simming! They encourage us to play the game in new and different ways. I hope that your ISBI challenge goes well and that you will enjoy doing it.
  • Options
    tiny_ikaratiny_ikara Posts: 200 Member
    Um, a quick question: may I have a mini-blog thread once I am a member?
  • Options
    tiny_ikara wrote: »
    Um, a quick question: may I have a mini-blog thread once I am a member?

Hello @tiny_ikara :) Yes, you are able to have a mini blog thread when you become a full member. You could start the thread in the
    Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums if it is about the lives of your sims.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

• Options
    @ MintyMango ...I smiled reading your description of your play style. I can relate! I never turn autonomy off for my Sims, and they can and oftentimes do override my 'tasks' laid before them, but I run a pretty tight ship on Sims. I'm not mean, but let's just say my main households have maxed out at least one career, all of my main households are wealthy, and two are currently millionaires. Lol... I do turn off aging, so that is a big part of how they can accumulate so much over time. Also, those households are 'communal' (4-6 being adults who live in the same household, work, own a couple of businesses, and run their businesses together). Can I ask... what is the ISBI challenge?
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    tiny_ikaratiny_ikara Posts: 200 Member
    Thanks, but what if I want to write about real life? Will this section fit?
  • Options
    tiny_ikara wrote: »
    Thanks, but what if I want to write about real life? Will this section fit?

Hello @tiny_ikara
    It depends on what you will be writing about your real life. It may be best to start a blog on an external site. These forums are connected with simming.
  • Options
    @ MintyMango ...I smiled reading your description of your play style. I can relate! I never turn autonomy off for my Sims, and they can and oftentimes do override my 'tasks' laid before them, but I run a pretty tight ship on Sims. I'm not mean, but let's just say my main households have maxed out at least one career, all of my main households are wealthy, and two are currently millionaires. Lol... I do turn off aging, so that is a big part of how they can accumulate so much over time. Also, those households are 'communal' (4-6 being adults who live in the same household, work, own a couple of businesses, and run their businesses together). Can I ask... what is the ISBI challenge?

Hello @SheriGR :)
    This is a link to a thread that explains about the ISBI challenge
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/786454/lynnwoods-isbi-challenge-rules-for-ts4-7-2-seasons-update/p1
  • Options
    @tiny_ikara ... If what you are looking for is your own blog I make WordPress blogs and websites for a living. I can get you pointed in the right direction for making one, info on it, etc.... if you are interested in WordPress. (Or elsewhere, for that matter.) All of this is irrelevant if what you are looking for is one that is attached to the Sims forum, though.
    Sims 4 Gallery

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top