Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLUEDO MASTERLIST

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,813 Member
    Ice, I'm making up a new round, do you want to play?
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll play. :) Although if there are too many players, we should prioritize the ones who didn't play before
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I agree.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Because Cluedo can only hold a small number of people, I want to make sure that everyone who shows interest in playing will be given a chance to have a go. When a game ends, the players who were left on the reserve list shall be reserved a spot in the next game. The reserve list for the current game can be seen below - hosts, please keep this list in mind when setting up a new game.

Current Reserve List:

I've updated the first post to include a "current reserve list" - this is just to ensure that everyone who signs up to play can have a go
  • Options
    @Turner In case you're interested

Also, suggestion: how about we include other board games apart from clue?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

We could do that, what board games did you have in mind?

I've been trying to think of how to make monopoly work on the forums, but haven't had any luck so far :(
  • Options
    Monopoly doesn't even work IRL. :D

There was this game similar to Clue where you have one player as the ghost giving "visions" to the living medium players, and they have to guess their respective suspect, weapon, and room correctly to advance. The catch is that the ghost can only communicate through cards whose meanings are vague, so the ghost has to be creative, and the mediums need to think out of the box

• Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,748 Member
    @Turner In case you're interested

Yes! Thanks Ice :blush: I'll be bookmarking this for sure.
  • Options
    The game's name is Mysterium btw. I looked it up

• Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited August 2018
    That sounds like fun, Icey. I can think of another game like Clue or Mafia that could work, but I'm afraid the theme of the game may raise some red flags. It wouldn't take very long until someone gets in trouble.

Hello, Turner.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    The game's name is Mysterium btw. I looked it up

Oooh ok, it sounds interesting, I'll have a look at it :)
  • Options
    @Turner I've put you on the reserve list by the way, so you'll have a space reserved for you in the next game :)
  • Options
    Another thing I had in mind was to have themed Cluedo games, like Simpson's Cluedo, Star Wars Cluedo, Harry Potter Cluedo etc.
  • Options
    HARRY POTTER - I approve!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    For hosts in the future, you may want to ensure EVERYONE gives you an order they want for their cards, in case someone suggests and the person who will disprove has more than one. It can look suss. Maybe ask everyone for an order.

IE: ORDER: Suspect, Weapon, Room (always in that order)

IE: If possible, never show the room unless that's the only card I have to disprove.

Obviously, if a person has already seen a card someone has (and they have multiples), we'll need to decide ahead of time if we show that card again or if they have to show a different card. I say the person shows whatever they want. It's their decision and if someone is silly enough to suggest something the same again, then it's their loss. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I would love a Harry Potter clue!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    And, of course, Doctor Who! Perhaps I should work on that the next time I want to do this. It may be awhile, though.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm not very familiar with Dr Who -- but I'd play it. But Harry Potter Clue sounds terrific! (I call Snape)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I'm not very familiar with Dr Who -- but I'd play it. But Harry Potter Clue sounds terrific! (I call Snape)

haha! I would call McGonigal maybe or the twins. I love those two. They're like my soul brothers. Or if none of those, I'd do Harry.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Ok....and we need to discuss when it's time for someone to make an accusation what we should do.

In Clue, you can make a suggestion and then an accusation in the same turn. However, here it's harder because we're trying to make the game go faster for everyone.

My thoughts:

I think an accusation should be made either at the beginning of a turn OR the player should PM the host to let them know they may want to or will want to make an accusation on their next turn but they need a tiny bit of info yet. Because as a host, I am moving on pretty darn fast. lol

However, if the player doesn't make their accusation quickly dot o the host not being around that's tough, too.

Do you see the dilemma?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Ok....and we need to discuss when it's time for someone to make an accusation what we should do.

In Clue, you can make a suggestion and then an accusation in the same turn. However, here it's harder because we're trying to make the game go faster for everyone.

My thoughts:

I think an accusation should be made either at the beginning of a turn OR the player should PM the host to let them know they may want to or will want to make an accusation on their next turn but they need a tiny bit of info yet. Because as a host, I am moving on pretty darn fast. lol

However, if the player doesn't make their accusation quickly dot o the host not being around that's tough, too.

Do you see the dilemma?

I always thought (in the actual game) that you can’t make an accusation once you made a suggestion - perhaps that’s just a house rule for me though... if so, this is something we’ll need to discuss how to implement
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I've always thought that the 'accusation' is the finalised 'suggestion' lol. Is it not? :joy:

My brain keeps mixing the two words up for some odd reason.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options

My thoughts:

Do you see the dilemma?

I always thought (in the actual game) that you can’t make an accusation once you made a suggestion - perhaps that’s just a house rule for me though... if so, this is something we’ll need to discuss how to implement

The rules state you can make it after you do the suggestion. I also do it in the Clue game on Steam. So, it's def in the rules, but I'm not sure about Cluedo.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    I've always thought that the 'accusation' is the finalised 'suggestion' lol. Is it not? :joy:

My brain keeps mixing the two words up for some odd reason.

The rules differentiate between the two pretty often, so Suggestions are what you do during the game and the final "suggestion" is the Accusation.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories