Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited August 2018
    @MadameLee Thank goodness I never got my wisdom teeth (like my Mum too), so I never had to deal with that. Get well soon!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @NRowe this was getting my remaing 2 wisdom teeth out. I had the left ones out about 2 years ago. But thanks for your "Get well"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea @friendsfan367 @simscognito Here's a question: if someone went abroad at least 3 times (Well 4) and went through security (both at airports and not) would that someone just out of habit take a bunch of stuff out of their pants pockets or backpack if they were going to go through a baseball stadium's security?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea @friendsfan367 @simscognito Here's a question: if someone went abroad at least 3 times (Well 4) and went through security (both at airports and not) would that someone just out of habit take a bunch of stuff out of their pants pockets or backpack if they were going to go through a baseball stadium's security?

I know I'm not any of the people you tagged, but I think from my perspective, yes that person would. It would be habit to just empty their pockets. They'd already know (if they're a seasoned traveler) to look stuff up online of what's allowed and not allowed in the baseball stadium they're going to, so they'd quickly empty their pockets, and have only things with them in their clear bag (if those are the rules of the particular stadium they're visiting) that are okay.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I know I'm not any of the people you tagged, but I think from my perspective, yes that person would. It would be habit to just empty their pockets. They'd already know (if they're a seasoned traveler) to look stuff up online of what's allowed and not allowed in the baseball stadium they're going to, so they'd quickly empty their pockets, and have only things with them in their clear bag (if those are the rules of the particular stadium they're visiting) that are okay.

@Faoiltearna thanks for your insight . I should explain two things about why I was asking this question. !)is I read a website called "Not Always Right" and I just read something about security (not in an airport). 2)I went to my (3rd) baseball game back in May in Toronto w/ my day program and when we were going through the security because of me being a "seasoned traveller" I had the habit of taking stuff out of my pockets/backpack to place in a tray thing (which didn't go through an X-ray machine) that either the security agent or one of the leaders had to tell me to stop doing it. (The only thing that needs to be in a clear plastic bag for Toronto's Stadium would be a drink if you did bring one and I think maybe food)

so I was just wondering if it just was me being a "Seasoned traveller" which made me do it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited August 2018

i know they check things like backpacks at least here in the states, because you can have plastic but not glass bottles.hope that helps answer your question.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Sal and Valerie face everyone, Leo decides he needs a life change, Esme has a change of heart
    08-06-18m_1-075-42AM_zpsvdumwnc9.png

thanks for the shoutout @Bugsie2016 :)

this is a compliment. i love your screenshots only problem is i'm so awed by them i forget theres a story to go with them.

• Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Hey are screenshots working yet? I'm out of screenshots for Murkland and I want to get another part out tomorrow :O

I don’t know if the screenshots work properly again but there’s an alternative. Just switch to tab mode and take a screenshot with the key combination for off game screenshots. For Windows it’s the windows key and print. The screenshots are then saved in your general pictures folder in a screenshot folder :)

I use this for now as well... but I can't seem to find them saving anywhere. I have just been pasting the screenshots in paint and then saving the file for each individual one... it's kind of a pain. Any advice on where they might be hiding on my laptop? I'd love to skip a step.

The paint pasting stuff is usually needed when you only use the print key. When you combine it with the windows symbol it should save the screenshots in a folder without paint.

This link might help :)

So discovered that what you said is true about Windows Key + Print Screen but only one Windows10. I have Windows 7 and sadly it doesn't have the ease of just autosaving. It only screenshots if I use Ctrl+PrntScrn on my windows 7... I will just have to keep on the way I am or learn about other software.
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Chapter 16 of The Underwood Decision is up!
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    @Sonschi Welcome to the thread! :blush:

It's perfectly fine to advertise in here, will check out your legacy after I take a quick break from the PC.

Is your "Pick Your Own Path" story still going, or did you decide to chuck it on hiatus?

I know I said I put this story on hiatus but as a lot of sims created by others are included I felt guilty and went on with it. There are 2 new chapters and here would be the link to the thread in case someone is interested :) The links to the chapters are on page 1. :)
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi everyone!
    An update, in which two people... talk (yes, so exciting, I know xD): 3.10 Starlight Silver
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

It's perfectly fine to advertise in here, will check out your legacy after I take a quick break from the PC.

Is your "Pick Your Own Path" story still going, or did you decide to chuck it on hiatus?

I know I said I put this story on hiatus but as a lot of sims created by others are included I felt guilty and went on with it. There are 2 new chapters and here would be the link to the thread in case someone is interested :) The links to the chapters are on page 1. :)

I hear ya about the “lots of included Sims” part, I’m currently running a story with 40 submitted sims, and it is hard work! :D It drives me to keep going.

The story is really cool @Sonschi , and I encourage everyone to check it out. You get to vote on what the main sim is going to do for the following chapter, so if that floats your boat, jump on over to Sonschi’s thread and give it a read! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member

I hear ya about the “lots of included Sims” part, I’m currently running a story with 40 submitted sims, and it is hard work! :D It drives me to keep going.

The story is really cool @Sonschi , and I encourage everyone to check it out. You get to vote on what the main sim is going to do for the following chapter, so if that floats your boat, jump on over to Sonschi’s thread and give it a read! :)

I won't be able to add all the submitted sims but I think everyone knows about this. It's already cool to see your sim in the background I guess ^^

Thank you :) I really enjoyed writing this chapter. There's finally a flow to the story.
  • Options
    I can't listen to anything online and I have checked everything three times.. and there's no sound at all and supposedly all the sound ware is up to date
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

if your going to read cathtea or adamandeve read fast they write well but i think they invented speed writing. :):) they know i love them.

@friendsfan367 I'm not speed posting now. :p I've been swamped with work and the house buying/ closing process. Gives my readers a chance to catch up. I've been posting KCLKF updates every other week only because I prewrote most of them.

i'm still behind with reading because the benders got more fun. i have to enjoy them now because once jes reads i'll be a puddle in a desk chair.
    the new direction upsets jes. so i have to write while i can :)

@friendsfan367 I can understand the desire to write when you're on a roll. I miss writing like that, but I've had very little free time. Though tonight I'm going to the county fair. First date night in awhile. I'm looking forward to it. And a half day at work tomorrow since I'm working Saturday so maybe I'll get some time to actually game and write this weekend.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hiya!!

An update for my Build Newcrest challenge is available:

The Monster: Part 2

1.5.3.jpg
  • Options

if your going to read cathtea or adamandeve read fast they write well but i think they invented speed writing. :):) they know i love them.

@friendsfan367 I'm not speed posting now. :p I've been swamped with work and the house buying/ closing process. Gives my readers a chance to catch up. I've been posting KCLKF updates every other week only because I prewrote most of them.

i'm still behind with reading because the benders got more fun. i have to enjoy them now because once jes reads i'll be a puddle in a desk chair.
    the new direction upsets jes. so i have to write while i can :)

@friendsfan367 I can understand the desire to write when you're on a roll. I miss writing like that, but I've had very little free time. Though tonight I'm going to the county fair. First date night in awhile. I'm looking forward to it. And a half day at work tomorrow since I'm working Saturday so maybe I'll get some time to actually game and write this weekend.

i know i'm way behind in my reading but i can only write during the week because i work all weekend.
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hello, friends! How are you all doing? :smile:

I just came back from a vacation in Italy (so wonderful, if you're thinking about ever going there, I can definitely recommend) and I'm so ready to start participating more in the thread before I start work in September. Can anyone recommend some nice, light, summer SimLit story ? :smile:
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hello, friends! How are you all doing? :smile:

I just came back from a vacation in Italy (so wonderful, if you're thinking about ever going there, I can definitely recommend) and I'm so ready to start participating more in the thread before I start work in September. Can anyone recommend some nice, light, summer SimLit story ? :smile:

Alright. Considering deleting the next section of BL but I know it's important so possibly not.

For anyone reading right now, I'll give you a little explaination:
    I need to kind of break Rye's and Claude's relationship. More on that in a minute. So, the next few things are to drive them both apart. One is to make Claude stressed and upset because it's a lot easier for him to be unforgiving when he's stressed. Any previous time Rye has done anything crazy, he forgave her. Rye is already upset with him (and the second thing is just going to add to her ongoing emotional situation) but Claude needs to not forgive Rye for her words and opinions.

The reason I need to break their relationship in half is because Rye needs to learn from her own mistakes and that things will have consequences. Claude needs to learn she's almost an adult and she's going to make mistakes. That she's not seven anymore and he needs to let her make those mistakes on her own. Mostly because he raised her on his own for so long, he's protective. He even hasn't told her the reason Mk left originally.. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    @CharmingMaruska Definitely read @CathyTea's Summer House.
    My own Pancakes isn't too long yet (I think).
    Then there's obviously heaps of others on this thread and others will make their own recommendations.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    oh goodness. BL is going to hurt my poor heart .
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Sorry. :( I'm in a bit of 'do I? don't I?' situation.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Sorry. :( I'm in a bit of 'do I? don't I?' situation.

It is tough--but in terms of character development, it sounds like it could really contribute a lot!

Also, with their father-daughter relationships and with the ways she's growing so much, it seems like it can fit!
    Plus, somewhere up the road, you can have wonderful reconciliation scenes!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    @CharmingMaruska Definitely read @CathyTea's Summer House.
    My own Pancakes isn't too long yet (I think).
    Then there's obviously heaps of others on this thread and others will make their own recommendations.

Thank you for the recommendation! :)

@NRowe 's Pancakes is awesome, and I think you'll really enjoy it, @CharmingMaruska ! The style is similar to yours--good, juicy drama that is driven by the game and the Sims! It's a neat interpretation of the Pancakes!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top