Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where did your username come from?

Comments

• Options
    elysiansimelysiansim Posts: 40 Member
    i love the word "elysian" because it's just so poetic & beautiful, and it reminds me of paradise. and 'sim' is pretty self-explanatory.
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    I had trouble signing up for the old sims website back in 2012, so one day I just put in a random username for the sake of testing to see if it will finally work and it did, but the only problem was that I didn't actually put the username that I desired, because I was only in a rush to see if it would work.

So this username I have doesn't really mean anything.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2018
    Jared Padalecki from supernatural. Except cats. Hence purr. I don't really watch supernatural anymore though, or not the latest season anyway. But I'm used to this username, so I'll keep it.. Maybe. It made more sense when this was my icon:

km5IrZMm.jpg

But um yeah also nothing to do with anything but omg I cried I found this website where someone had talked about me and my icon and they were like "why is there a cat on his head, is he trying to hide the fact that he's balding, using it as a toupee or something" ahsshdh I died, fr though. Yeah I found the article it's here lol, I just found it searching my username randomly and I was just crying laughing at it. But yeah, that's my username means.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    thesleepingsatellitethesleepingsatellite Posts: 34 Member
    Tasmin Archer released a song in the early nineties called "Sleeping Satellite". I adore it.
  • Options
    cup_kakecup_kake Posts: 34 Member
    I used "cupkake269" as my username on an old Inde game and I just kept using it. "cupcake269" was taken at the time sooo
    139?cb=20160208212432

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Mine is pretty obvious :p:D
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I used to have an account on the TS2 forum (but never went there) and I think I was simspeaker4 then too. I went with 4 because I thought the first three numbers were taken.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    hamsterbiteshamsterbites Posts: 27 Member
    Friends were named "MeowMix" and "DogChow",
    Another friend and I changed names. He became "FishFlakes" and I became "HamsterBites"
  • Options
    Ashlynn_NadetteAshlynn_Nadette Posts: 19 Member
    Both me and my cousin write, and through the years we've come up with alter ego's while writing books. Hers is (and has remained) Skylar Jones, but mine has gone from Nichole Johnson, to (for usernames) Nikki Jones, and then while writing a book I created my new alter ego, Ashlynn Nadette (Ash) that change in name was partially caused by my family members finding my extra accounts on stuff (which is kind of annoying when you want to remain anonymous).
  • Options
    AlexTheSims3FanAlexTheSims3Fan Posts: 39 Member
    So mine came from my 1st name a fact about me.
  • Options
    SimGasmsSimGasms Posts: 115 Member
    I took a piece of my regular gamer tag and just added Sims instead so I could start a YT channel dedicated to sims.

not mixing business with pleasure basically
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    It’s the name of the sim I was playing back in 2010 when I first registered on a Sims forum (not this one). It’s become a name I’ve grown accustomed to like my own over the years. The 65 stands for 1965 B)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PeanutButterVibesPeanutButterVibes Posts: 15 Member
    Mine comes from a song by one of my favorite bands, they use odd lyrics that are quite indecipherable to me, but I kinda liked the word and the feeling that comes with it.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Uhh... It just kinda happened... I'd like to change it though.
  • Options
    aMemeAddictaMemeAddict Posts: 128 Member
    I've had this username on so many platforms and forums, I feel like I have become one with it
    1500x500
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    I was a kid.
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    firemixtapefiremixtape Posts: 574 Member
    honestly? I actually have no other explanation than casual conversation.
  • Options
    sheshysheshy Posts: 111 Member
    i started using mine in september on discord. i tapped a few random keys and the result was something like sheshy. i tweaked it a little, and now it's what i use everywhere
  • Options
    MunyarMunyar Posts: 31 Member
    I like playing with random syllables and making up names that I haven't heard of yet.
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    My pseudonym is Anna Matopia or Anamatopia, but it often gets taken by someone else. It’s from a Todd Rundgren song (“Onomatopoeia “). I am usually some sort of Anne name online.

It was taken on this site. Due to the large number of simmers, I tried to come up with something original that no one else would have, rather than going the add numbers on to the end route. I thought of ”Perpugilliam” or “Peri” from Doctor Who, but thought, “nah”. So I took one of my favorite names “Annika” and tacked “Peri” on to the end of it. Sure enough (ha ha), no one was using it.
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    @hunniboo1 , Great question, by the way.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Annikaperi wrote: »
    @hunniboo1 , Great question, by the way.

Thank you..I know some have unique names for various reasons
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    DecafToasterDecafToaster Posts: 41 Member
    There’s a random name generator wheel on the Xbox 360. The names on there usually consist of two words that don’t quite make sense together (StuffySkink, GastricTapestry, etc). I gave it a few spins, looking for a few that seemed interesting to me. I took the first half of one gamertag and the second half of another and here it is. It’s even my license plate on my car now. Ironically, the only place it’s been taken is on Xbox.
    Discord: DecafToaster#1733
    i5 4690K @ 4.8 GHz • 32 GB • GTX 1070 • ROG PG279Q
  • Options
    ActualFannibalActualFannibal Posts: 44 Member
    A combination of the "Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf" meme and NBC Hannibal. Because I'm both a meme lord and an overgrown edgelord.
  • Options
    PinkFlyingPastaPinkFlyingPasta Posts: 303 Member
    My favorite color used to be Pink. I used to want to fly out of all the super powers. My favorite food was pasta. Now it would be PurpleMindReadingPizza