Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Week 38 of my legacy is posted up!

can i ask a weird question? just because i see other people do this. how do you know what week your on? i know people kep track somehow never figured that out.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Okay, I know I said that the last chapter was this season's penultimate one, but this one ended up being too long so I had to split it. Also, the final scene of the season probably deserves in own chapter... So, yeah... One more! :D

Chapter 151: Time to Breathe

What has gotten Leyva all worked up?
    abouttounload.jpg?w=833

I love the aesthetic of the sim in the image!

Thanks! She changes quite a bit throughout the story, but she looks fierce in her current look! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Shadyboop wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    Is all of the tarot cards in a regular deck of cards? I though the ... Power? Cards weren't in there. I'm sleepy xD I can't think of the name right now.

The words you're looking for are Major Arcana. You can't read the major arcana with a playing card deck, but you can still get a perfectly usable reading without the major arcana. You'll still get the court cards (Jack/Knave/Page depending the deck you're most familiar with, Queen, King) as well as all the number cards. Your reading might be more personal, and less worldly, but it'll still work.

So tarots are more powerful?

Not necessarily more powerful, per se, but able to give you a more indepth reading due to the inclusion of the Major Arcana. That said, plenty of good readings can happen with just a knowledge of the tarot symbolism and a standard deck of cards.
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    Is all of the tarot cards in a regular deck of cards? I though the ... Power? Cards weren't in there. I'm sleepy xD I can't think of the name right now.

The words you're looking for are Major Arcana. You can't read the major arcana with a playing card deck, but you can still get a perfectly usable reading without the major arcana. You'll still get the court cards (Jack/Knave/Page depending the deck you're most familiar with, Queen, King) as well as all the number cards. Your reading might be more personal, and less worldly, but it'll still work.

Thank you. I don't know why I was drawing a blank on it. I own and read from a dragon deck.

You're welcome, and no worries. We all have brain blank moments. :smiley:
  • Options

Thank you. I don't know why I was drawing a blank on it. I own and read from a dragon deck.

You're welcome, and no worries. We all have brain blank moments. :smiley:

i'm usually at work.
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Finally back to writing, just a simple game play story to get me started.

100 Baby Oakley's
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »

100 Baby Oakley's

Good luck, @Luclylu ! You've got a nice theme for the blog--looks really easy to follow and pleasing.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Luclylu wrote: »

100 Baby Oakley's

Good luck, @Luclylu ! You've got a nice theme for the blog--looks really easy to follow and pleasing.

@CathyTea Thank you! I’ve been working on it a few days before I released anything to get the blog set up.
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited July 2018
    Two chapters published on the span of three days? What is this heresy?

First part here, for people who'd like to read from the beginning. Currently, there are seven chapters out.

The story, for the time being, revolves around the Vatore Detective Agency in 1897s San Myshuno and a series of disappearances linked to flower deliveries. I'm striving to maintain some level of historical accuracy and an atmosphere of tension. Also, I regularly stomp on said atmosphere with my impeccable sense of humor.

Anyway, here are the new chapters:

Underpath

Three for a funeral
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @CathyTea love your new picture. I already PM'd you but wishes here too. Thanks for starting this amazing thread. You are an inspiration. In keeping with the Alice in Wonderland theme... a very merry unbirthday to you.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member

can i ask a weird question? just because i see other people do this. how do you know what week your on? i know people kep track somehow never figured that out.

Well, each chapter is one full sims week in my legacy. so I just title each chapter by week. Haha.
  • Options

Well, each chapter is one full sims week in my legacy. so I just title each chapter by week. Haha.

thanks. it always confused me how people keep track i use the alphabet to keep track but the benders aren't making that simple either i love them though. unfortunatley they know that and take advantage. well some anthonys good.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    had to eat blue popcorn marshmallow balls like an animal today
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    so apparently at (B camp) today I heard about an interesting TV program where a Canadian family for a week(?) lives in different decades starting from the 1940s to the 90s (their social quarters-ie kitchen, living room and dinning room) were decorated in the style of the decade and they had to "live" like that for a week-including suppers. And apparently the program started over seas in UK
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    so apparently at (B camp) today I heard about an interesting TV program where a Canadian family for a week(?) lives in different decades starting from the 1940s to the 90s (their social quarters-ie kitchen, living room and dinning room) were decorated in the style of the decade and they had to "live" like that for a week-including suppers. And apparently the program started over seas in UK

Yeah, I've heard of that. Well, read about it. Was reading the TV guide one time...
  • Options
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Lola and Frankie realize a lot has changed since they were gone. Kendra tries her best to stay positive
    07-23-18_11-46-37dfPM_zpsbwwyxmhm.png

I can't believe I actually posted two updates in two days! Unfortunately I probably won't be able to do that again for a while. Today is my last day of vacay and tomorrow I go back to work :'(:'(:'(
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Hey all! :blush:

My new story, STRIKE! is set to start on the 1st of August, and I thought you might like to check out the teams.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Lola and Frankie realize a lot has changed since they were gone. Kendra tries her best to stay positive

I can't believe I actually posted two updates in two days! Unfortunately I probably won't be able to do that again for a while. Today is my last day of vacay and tomorrow I go back to work :'(:'(:'(

booooo! i meant for work. but i love the screenshot.
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member

Thanks lol

and yeah I really don't want to go back. I've only been off for six days,but it feels like a month!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options

Thanks lol

and yeah I really don't want to go back. I've only been off for six days,but it feels like a month!

i only work weekends so i'm off 5 , but it feels like forever while i wait for sunday.
  • Options
    Hey, hey, hey! :)

July 26th is @Shadami 's birthday! Yay! Happy birthday, Shadami! Thank you for all you share with all of us!

shadami.png

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea love your new picture. I already PM'd you but wishes here too. Thanks for starting this amazing thread. You are an inspiration. In keeping with the Alice in Wonderland theme... a very merry unbirthday to you.

Thanks so much @AdamsEve1231 ! Of course, my sis @friendsfan367 would have me remind you that starting the thread was her idea!

Thanks for the unbirthday wishes! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top