Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update coming Today with a Livestream

Comments

• Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Maybe they’ve updated babies and finally we’ll be able to carry them around the world//travel with them.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Didn't the Gurus already confirm on twitter that they are working on improvements for the UI? I think the discussion some weeks ago was about a better pack filter for CAS. Perhaps that's the solution.
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm hoping they add turn on/offs, faves, zodiac signs that actually influence sims behaviors, fears, more traits and aspirations. I'm excited!!!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm not overly hyped at the moment (there's still enough to discover in the Seasons EP to keep me busy for another while), but I am very curious as to what it could possibly be, because I can't think of anything not hype-worthy that would justify a live stream. Even some of the hype-worthy things that have already been ruled out wouldn't be big enough to warrant a presentation like that in my opinion.

If it's not big, it has to be game-changing at least, and it's supposed to be a feature update, so my guess is that it could be some kind of CAS overhaul. Except for the colour wheel, Kate's long list of things that aren't going to be in the live stream doesn't include anything related to CAS, such as chemistry, wants/fears, favourites, zodiac signs, more ways to dress our sims, more traits and aspirations, so... who knows. I'll just patiently wait and see.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Firefighter?
    Burglars?
    Preteens?
    Swimming in Ocean?
    Open World or Open Neighbourhood?
    Horses?
    New World? (I don't know we get new worlds in expansion pack.)
    That's all.i can think of.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Briana2425 All of these have already been ruled out by Kate herself. :(
  • Options
    @Briana2425 All of these have already been ruled out by Kate herself. :(

Yeah I know I commented before reading.

My thing why are you live streaming an update if it's not something huge? Like :/ if you live streaming about it should be something huge unless she's/others are throwing us all off track. I went from being excited to being irritated.
  • Options
    DarcVader1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they add turn on/offs, faves, zodiac signs that actually influence sims behaviors, fears, more traits and aspirations. I'm excited!!!

I would like that I miss the turn on and off and the zodiac it gave Sims character in the previous games but am I excited for that nah.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's probably going to be some UI update that actually doesn't offer any new gameplay. But I hope it isn't.
    Post edited by SimDestroyer on
  • Options
    Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Firefighter?
    Burglars?
    Preteens?
    Swimming in Ocean?
    Open World or Open Neighbourhood?
    Horses?
    New World? (I don't know we get new worlds in expansion pack.)
    That's all.i can think of.

I would like Burglars to come back.......
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    They are still not telling us anything. What happened to transparency they promissed us. :(
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I was secretly hoping for witches being part of the update to be honest, but after reading the latest twitter news I have no idea what it could be.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Since SimGuruGrant told us to be open-minded, The Sims 4 could work in a new way, a new Sim AI.

But maybe it's a too ambitious speculation.

LOL ok... it's more likely a tweaked CAS UI. Don't think it's anything particularly new. The fact that Grant is all over twitter lowering our expectations, plus the fact that they ruled out everything cool that most of us want (terrain tools, burglars, cars), that it's an update to a base game "feature", makes me think it's probably CAS related.

Yes an attraction feature can come in cas.

I hope to San Myshuno it's an attraction system of any kind...
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    gpneves123 wrote: »
    It's just me that's thinking the new The Sims 4 update is world creation tool or history progression?

None of us really know what it's gonna be yet, so technically we're *all* wrong :lol:
  • Options
    Hm, been thinking some more. Would be cool if we can combine community lot features. Instead of assigning just one type to the entire lot, we could assign the type to selected rooms, that way be able to run a functional restaurant and bakery on the same lot. It would sure help as the number of lots is very limited...

This is kind of brilliant and I wish it could be developed. This would give us TS2 apartments and countless other possibilities. But I imagine it would be pretty tricky to program as different lot types attract sims to certain autonomous interactions. I can't begin to imagine what would happen to the AI if there was a restaurant AND a spa or something and the game had to split sims into those two functions. Really wish the devs have thought of this though! It's the most basic thing in dense areas to have commercial stores at floor level and apartments on the upper levels.
  • Options
    JanciicJanciic Posts: 20 Member
    I hope it won't be kid stuff, like witches or so.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    They will announce the Origin Access Premier for The Sims 4 with exclusive content only for the subscribers :p
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just my opinion but it would be terrific if the AI were improved. More traits and slots, an attraction system, better family trees, memories of things like falling in love, getting married, having babies, or reaching the top of a career, family photo albums for special events such as weddings, births, kids graduating from school and becoming YAs, the end to cheerful conversations between enemies, more BFFs.

Bug fixes need to include winter-appropriate work out clothing, the end to stinky leaf piles that have the uncanny ability to stay in place forever and spawn on their own, Sims jumping out of place during certain tasks, pets becoming distorted whenever presents are opened in their vicinity, Sims need to change into appropriate clothing upon entering or exiting a house or venue, CAS items like makeup and eyes should be allowed to be used when planning hot and cold weather clothing. There should be a way to tag CC as hot or cold weather assets. I have tried using Sims4 Studio to do this but I haven't had any luck with it.

Whatever they are planning to release must be big or they wouldn't be devoting an entire live stream to it. Since they are emphasizing the fact this is an update for an existing feature of the game I can only hope this is an upgrade for the current AI and trait system. The bug fixes are a given since Seasons, with all the changes that came with it, has impacted the game. None of these glitches and bugs are major but it will be nice when they are eradicated once and for all. Out of all the complaints I have read about in the last month that pile of leaves seems to be the one that is bothering Simmers the most. And the one thing that came out of Seasons that seems the most senseless. If these leaf piles were to not rot then disappear when Fall turns into Winter I would not mind having them spawn on communal lots. The way they are working right now they're a huge eyesore and make my left eye twitch in irritation. I also see they are planning to share news of what is coming next during the live stream. That will be nice. So, we have an update containing bug fixes and an upgrade to one of the game's features and news of upcoming content coming on the 31st. And they expect us not to speculate on this? We're Simmers, we were born to speculate and jump on the hype train.

I had to uninstall Sims4 Studio and download the new version twice before the hot and cold categories showed up and I was finally able to mark the CC I want to appear in those categories. I have no idea why it took two tries for it to work.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe they are finally adding the sim head to our pie menu :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Didn't the Gurus already confirm on twitter that they are working on improvements for the UI? I think the discussion some weeks ago was about a better pack filter for CAS. Perhaps that's the solution.

One hour to show us this? I don't think.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Some of us wanted pools and got them as a free udate. Some of us wanted toddlers and got them in a free update. Some of us want babies that are not an object tied to a crib, so lets hope thats what we will get with the free update <3
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Janciic wrote: »
    I hope it won't be kid stuff, like witches or so.

Since when is witches kid stuff?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Maybe. But would they need a livestream for it? I doubt it, unless most of the stream will be focused on the new communication plan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something bigger.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    An actual working movie theater would be nice.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    why does an update needs to be discussed in live mode?? Strange.... I'm guessing that update will change how player plays the game or they have something new to announce too.

The Sims Game
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top