Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite age transition and why?

My favorite is Child to Teen because you finally kind of get an idea of what they really look like.
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

What is your favorite age transition and why? 54 votes

Infant to Toddler
22%
AmphoraApparentlyAwesomeMikezumiSimplyJenstargurujordandRedShoe7therealsunsetvalleyWaterdragonladynightEvie0602simerizer 12 votes
Toddler to Child
7%
sassygray5lowpolygalChelsPlaySimsAnkieAC 4 votes
Child to Teen
27%
Hejixmonjr8302SPARKY1922igazorLunBeautySindocatTadOlsonBreazonaThriorGoulsquashClarionOfJoykaitlyn0AmandèleMKSizzleAmy7434 15 votes
Teen to Young Adult
35%
Emily4331dreamerz13emorrillJoAnne65cwaddellrawrmaegansmileGabbyGirlJLissyK9CravenLestatTeenWolf_1999Sims4MagicalTalescocoMcToshmikaButtersimsNikkei_SimmerItsJanierBishybriIreneLudwig 19 votes
Young Adult to Adult
5%
jillbgtretheraNabril 3 votes
Adult to Elder
1%
Street Light 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    Infant to Toddler
    mine is infant to toddler because infant is a useless mess attached to the crib but toddler is much cuter XD
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Child to Teen
    simerizer wrote: »
    mine is infant to toddler because infant is a useless mess attached to the crib but toddler is much cuter XD
    It's a little early in this thread to be starting an argument already ( :p ), sorry, but I can never let things like this go. How many times do we look at babies in real life or even toddlers for that matter and say they are "useful"? They aren't meant to be useful, they are babies. :angry:

But anyway, while it may not be exactly the most satisfying age stage to play through compared to the others and most players will not extend it beyond a few sim days, babies are portable. I think your attached to the crib observation must be more about TS4 than TS3. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2018
    Teen to Young Adult
    Teen to young adult but not my real answer.Actually majority of my play is the opposite of the Young Adult to Adult.My sim carries fountain of youth elixirs with him at all times to age down the adults.You may not realize how drastic the difference is in a Young adults face compared to adult.It is huge with eye aging and really bad sometimes on mouth lines.Showed examples before to people who never even noticed till they seen it.

Cannot find my pics but example Pearl Yang is a beautiful YA premade but when she hits adult face looks like this --> :s

Here is an example below on the premade from ST Lucretia Parrott and this is one of the townies that is Not Bad at all compared to the extremes of many others.

See on the left adult Lucretia's sunken face,deep mouth lines.the dramatic change in the philtral columns (that area between your nose and upper lip) plus harshness on upper bridge between the eyes .

QASSGez.png

Go age up Pearl Yang you will see

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2018
    Infant to Toddler
    I always take a sneak peek. You can take sims into CAS with testingcheatsenabled true > shift+ click sim or NRaas: MasterController.

I can't decide between Teen-Young Adult & Infant-Toddler. Young Adult means I pick an heir to start the next generation. I'm not fond of infants... Toddler is when they start evolving into a sim I can care about.

edit: I voted Infant-Toddler just because I have a feeling Teen-Young will be popular vote. :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Teen to Young Adult
    Teen to YA because my favorite age is YA! I love Uni and YAs get to start their official life journey! :smiley:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

None of the above. I love seeing the transitions between all stages of life. When my born in game sims age from baby to toddler I do go into CAS with them and peek by aging them up. :)
  • Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    Infant to Toddler
    Same reasons as @SimplyJen and @bekkasan. Altough I enjoy Child do Tennager as well. This os When I start to thinking what will a Sim would be alike, traits and LTW wise.
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Infant to Toddler
    Toddlers will always be my favorite simply because they are adorable.
    Unless they have black soulless eyes like Orion here. But I still think he’s cute regardless. :p

tumblr_inline_pa520ue46i1vhkp6x_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_pat6woXLI21vhkp6x_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_pat6q0IpSy1vhkp6x_540.jpg

• Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Child to Teen
    Child to Teen.
    That's when you really start to see what they look like as their appearance starts getting more distinctive. While the customization options lack in comparison to YA, for me this is usually the state when they start forming their own style. It also opens up a lot of the traits which are very limited for anything below teen. Also opens up a lot of actions and interactions which, again, are very limited for anything younger. I also personally enjoy the teen state because it offers some challenge to your gameplay because they sort of can do anything... but not really since they are not truly independent yet. I have had a lot of fun with some of my more rebellious teens (at least with Generations installed) and once they became young adults some of the charm was kind of lost.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Toddler to Child
    Toddler to child is when they really start to become their own person to me and enters the carefree days of childhood. For me young adult can be stressful in larger households because then it's time to really decide what their life plan should be and if they should move out.

@CravenLestat really interesting! I never knew there was a difference between YA and adult. It makes sense I just never noticed.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Child to Teen
    Thrior wrote: »
    Child to Teen.
    That's when you really start to see what they look like as their appearance starts getting more distinctive. While the customization options lack in comparison to YA, for me this is usually the state when they start forming their own style. It also opens up a lot of the traits which are very limited for anything below teen. Also opens up a lot of actions and interactions which, again, are very limited for anything younger. I also personally enjoy the teen state because it offers some challenge to your gameplay because they sort of can do anything... but not really since they are not truly independent yet. I have had a lot of fun with some of my more rebellious teens (at least with Generations installed) and once they became young adults some of the charm was kind of lost.

me too but I really do like every life stage and get the most out of them but teens just reminds me personally of a time when I felt so grown up so i play my teens in the same way haha
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Child to Teen
    Child to Teen. Mostly because then I can start them flirting.

sJiT6ay.jpg

"Oh, thanks for stopping by. I was just waking up. Pardon my underoos." Sure, Ean. Total accident. :D
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    Child to Teen
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Child to Teen. Mostly because then I can start them flirting.

sJiT6ay.jpg

"Oh, thanks for stopping by. I was just waking up. Pardon my underoos." Sure, Ean. Total accident. :D

@Sindocat LMAO that is awesome.

@Thrior Yup totally!
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Infant to Toddler
    I chose baby to toddler because that's when I can see their genetics and start matchmaking.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Young Adult to Adult
    I love aging my male sims up to adults - the get a more masculine look and that's what I'm looking for! ;) Otherwise I think toddler to child is pretty awesome too... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Infant to toddler, because, as the father of my Goddaughter so aptly said, all babies do is eat, sleep and poop. But really, until she could hold a fishing rod, he was disappointed in the whole parent experience. :D:D:D;)
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Child to Teen
    It was a tough decision for me between Infant to Toddler and Child to Teen. I ultimately chose the latter because (in my opinion) all child sims look the same, so I can finally see what my sims are going to look like!
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Child to Teen
    It was hard for me, but I ended up choosing Child To Teen. To me, nearly all child sims look the same and I feel like they really start coming into their own once they reach the teen stage and you can see their features really developing.
  • Options
    NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    edited July 2018
    Young Adult to Adult
    Young Adult to Adult. This is where the game has the most playability for me. I don't play generations. I like to have a group of Sims that I play forever. I will use every means at my disposal to keep those Sims from dying. Any kids that they have age normally to adult and then they are either given Young Adult potions or asked to move out of the house. I don't like having my Sims pass on from old age.

I don't like child to teen because they go to school and have 2 hours of homework every single weekday and then they still have to get a good night's sleep. To me, that only allows maybe 4 hours of playbility every day. So they're out. My Sims don't have full time jobs once they can afford to retire. If they're in a rabbit hole school or work then I'm not able to play.
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Child to Teen
    I actually love seeing all transitions as they're progressing though lives though seeing a child age into a teen is a very major change as it means they've come of age to be able to move to their own place and live in their own household without any adults.It's not something the have to do unless their childhood home is overcrowded and there's no room for them and it's when their parents might be near to dying of old age as they will often have elderly parents if the parents had started late in life or they're the youngest.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Infant to Toddler
    I chose infant to toddler, because that´s the most exciting one for me - which hair and eye colour have they inherited, how do they look in general? Also, I love toddlers. But I kind of like all age transitions, except perhaps of the one to elder stage, because sim elders are... well, what they are (and I mostly only play elders in my legacy save, so that means they will die soon).
    I also really like the young adult to adult transition (especially for my male sims), because like @jillbg said, it often gives them a certain kind of edge.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Teen to Young Adult
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Teen to YA because my favorite age is YA! I love Uni and YAs get to start their official life journey! :smiley:

^Ditto. :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Teen to Young Adult
    teen/YA because that's whent he most exciting time of my sims lives are
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2019
    Teen to Young Adult
    My toddlers and kids all look kind of the same and my teens look hideous for some reason. Then they turn into YA and that’s the stage where they become presentable :D And my favourite life stage in the game (gameplay wise).
    5JZ57S6.png