Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    kthldkthld Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi~ Thanks for everything you guys are doing in this thread, it's helped a lot!! So, basically I'm wondering if there's a way to keep my Sims from autonomously making their own food? I have a Chef in the family and I want him to be the one making dinners for the family to improve skill and I'm also trying to save money. It's driving me bonkers to see -$3 every 5 minutes cause somebody gets the urge to make their own mac and cheese, when my Sim is making an excellent gnocchi. I don't see any Tuners about this in the MCCC?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    kthld wrote: »
    Hi~ Thanks for everything you guys are doing in this thread, it's helped a lot!! So, basically I'm wondering if there's a way to keep my Sims from autonomously making their own food? I have a Chef in the family and I want him to be the one making dinners for the family to improve skill and I'm also trying to save money. It's driving me bonkers to see -$3 every 5 minutes cause somebody gets the urge to make their own mac and cheese, when my Sim is making an excellent gnocchi. I don't see any Tuners about this in the MCCC?

If it's not available via the Tuner module (I've not looked, but I'm assuming you have) then the answer is probably no. Have you looked for other little tuning mods that might do this?
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited July 2018
    kthld wrote: »

Have a look at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?automation_scan#Top, especially the sections "Currently Running Interaction Scanning" and "Some Notes" in the middle of the page. If you can't find a task with currently running interaction scanning, I guess there is no chance to get this issue fixed.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Hey @kthld - have you seen this mod? Might be what you're looking for?

https://msq-sims.blogspot.com/2018/06/no-autonomous-cooking.html

Disclaimer! I haven't got this mod so have no idea if it works and/or conflicts with anything else.
  • Options
    StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not but I just observed something unexpected. I changed the game time speed to 50 and as a result it went back in time 1.5 days but retained all of the progress from that 1.5 days. Then I found a setting to offset days and hours. I changed it but then all sorts of crazy stuff happened like getting promoted. So I exited without saving and loaded my save again so the save state with game time speed at 50 and the time being 1.5 days earlier. But now that setting eludes me and I can't try again to get more details because I can find the setting that allowed adding the days and hours. Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    StoneRyno wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not but I just observed something unexpected. I changed the game time speed to 50 and as a result it went back in time 1.5 days but retained all of the progress from that 1.5 days. Then I found a setting to offset days and hours. I changed it but then all sorts of crazy stuff happened like getting promoted. So I exited without saving and loaded my save again so the save state with game time speed at 50 and the time being 1.5 days earlier. But now that setting eludes me and I can't try again to get more details because I can find the setting that allowed adding the days and hours. Thanks

This is a quote from the MCCC creator Deaderpool regarding the game time speed:
    "I've been telling everyone that brings it up that EA isn't intending for time to be changed and I've always said that people using "Game Time Speed" settings are doing so knowing that it may not work with all of the Sims 4 internal alarms."

To alter the day and time offset, use the following MC Cheats command from the MCCC mailbox menu:
    Mailbox:MC Cheats > Change World Time

Regarding the new seasons calendar:
    When Game Time Speed is changed, all of the running internal alarms that EA creates for daily events are automatically reset to be at the correct time/day (like career start/end). However, holidays are already scheduled and in the save file so they are not adjusted like the other alarms. This will make them show-up at the wrong time on the calendar. The holidays can be deleted from the calendar and then set-back to the right day and time and they will be correct going forward, until Game Time Speed is changed again.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    not gonna read 71 pages, need help with two things,

#1 my sims get married but no one name changes, want them to match the husbands. this included if they already have kids too.

#2 my male sim is a SCIENTIST and when he gets take up by the aliens. there a chance of pregnancy, i want to make sure he can get pregnant.

thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Hey there! I just wanted to ask - what are the best settings for me to have NPC marry, move in and start families? I see some are, but all the YA kids of one of my sims are still at home and none are even dating, let alone married. What settings should I have so that they start dating, marrying, moving in together and having kids?
  • Options
    RejedRejed Posts: 7 New Member
    I would like to ask if mccc can help fixing the problem with time/clock. And how can I use it cause im new to mods. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Hey there! I just wanted to ask - what are the best settings for me to have NPC marry, move in and start families? I see some are, but all the YA kids of one of my sims are still at home and none are even dating, let alone married. What settings should I have so that they start dating, marrying, moving in together and having kids?

If I have read your post correctly, you're displeased that your own active YA Sims have a "Failure to Launch" problem. I don't know, and I'm rather certain someone here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the mod is responsible for that. These are YOUR Sims. You control the horizontal, you control the Vertical (a silly play on the words from a very old TV show). Basically, you have to direct your Sims to get out there and date. Take the bull by the horns, bud, and make it happen. If you can't find a suitable mate for your Sims, there's always CAS. Take your family into cas.fulleditmode, and if you have room create a new Sim to live with them, then you can control BOTH of them. Otherwise, just have your active Sim pursue the Sim of interest, as many of us have to playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

If I have read your post correctly, you're displeased that your own active YA Sims have a "Failure to Launch" problem. I don't know, and I'm rather certain someone here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the mod is responsible for that. These are YOUR Sims. You control the horizontal, you control the Vertical (a silly play on the words from a very old TV show). Basically, you have to direct your Sims to get out there and date. Take the bull by the horns, bud, and make it happen. If you can't find a suitable mate for your Sims, there's always CAS. Take your family into cas.fulleditmode, and if you have room create a new Sim to live with them, then you can control BOTH of them. Otherwise, just have your active Sim pursue the Sim of interest, as many of us have to playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge.

Hey @GalacticGal thanks for you response :smiley: I actually mean I don’t control them. They’re in a different household. Sorry, I should have been more specific. So my active household is Peter, Katy, and their two girls. Peter has four kids from his first marriage, and they live with their mother in a different house. I don’t play them actively. Am I still supposed to marry and move them myself?
  • Options
    lizmac21 wrote: »
    not gonna read 71 pages, need help with two things,

#1 my sims get married but no one name changes, want them to match the husbands. this included if they already have kids too.

#2 my male sim is a SCIENTIST and when he gets take up by the aliens. there a chance of pregnancy, i want to make sure he can get pregnant.

thank you so much!!!

#1 Have a look at this setting here: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Other Marriage > Rename Opposite Sex

#2 I don't think you can 100% guarantee a pregnancy each time but I don't use this module much so don't know for sure. Reading the info about each setting suggests not, but have a read for yourself: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_occult
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

Hey @GalacticGal thanks for you response :smiley: I actually mean I don’t control them. They’re in a different household. Sorry, I should have been more specific. So my active household is Peter, Katy, and their two girls. Peter has four kids from his first marriage, and they live with their mother in a different house. I don’t play them actively. Am I still supposed to marry and move them myself?

Some of us do. It's called Rotation Style play. You should check to see if the household in question is marked played. I'm thinking, and again someone with more experience and information can correct me if I'm wrong, you can mark them as unplayed through Manage Household. That, perhaps, will release them to do what you want the mod to do, treat them as unplayed Townies.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Do you mean these Sims are no longer in your played house and are not marrying etc.? If so, make sure this setting is set to 'false' (it's set to 'true' by default):

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households

If there are specific Sims you want to have MC marry off (that are not in your household), you can 'flag' them for marriage - then the next time the game runs a check for Sims to marry off (whatever days you have it set to), there's a good chance that flagged Sim will be paired up with an npc.
  • Options
    Rejed wrote: »
    I would like to ask if mccc can help fixing the problem with time/clock. And how can I use it cause im new to mods. Thanks in advance.

You'll probably need to be a bit more specific please.
  • Options
    Oh that makes sense! They are a played house technically, because I went in and fixed their outfits and such. Ok I’ll change that and see if it helps. Thanks!! And is it possible to have them marry the same age range? Like I don’t want a YA hooking up with an elder lol
  • Options
    Oh that makes sense! They are a played house technically, because I went in and fixed their outfits and such. Ok I’ll change that and see if it helps. Thanks!! And is it possible to have them marry the same age range? Like I don’t want a YA hooking up with an elder lol

Yes, it's this setting: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Spouse Sim Selection > Use Same Age Group

You'll need to set it to True to make sure only YAs marry YAs, elders marry elders, etc.
  • Options
    [quote="loubyloulou;c-16592497"][quote="Rejed;c-16592452"]I would like to ask if mccc can help fixing the problem with time/clock. And how can I use it cause im new to mods. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

You'll probably need to be a bit more specific please.[/quote]

When I ultra speed im losing time. Sometimes it slower down and jump back and hour. When I sleep, the same happens a lot.
  • Options

You'll probably need to be a bit more specific please.

When I ultra speed im losing time. Sometimes it slower down and jump back and hour. When I sleep, the same happens a lot.

I don't think this is anything that can be fixed with MC unfortunately. I have this issue too; it's been around a long time. Pausing the game can help but it won't fix it.
  • Options
    I left the game which is amazing because of that bug. Im trying 3 days now to find something but there is none. Any idea if there will be a fix in the future?
  • Options
    StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    This is a quote from the MCCC creator Deaderpool regarding the game time speed:
    "I've been telling everyone that brings it up that EA isn't intending for time to be changed and I've always said that people using "Game Time Speed" settings are doing so knowing that it may not work with all of the Sims 4 internal alarms."

To alter the day and time offset, use the following MC Cheats command from the MCCC mailbox menu:
    Mailbox:MC Cheats > Change World Time

I had read that but didn't know if the resulting day and hours going back in time like that was a known issue and if it was that the change world time part was intended to compensate for it or not. And also if by correcting the days and hours with it would correct any lingering alarms issues such as mentioned with the seasons calendar. And a curiosity along that thought, if the game time speed was changed prior to the installation of seasons would the problem with holidays still be present?

• Options
    StoneRyno wrote: »
    I had read that but didn't know if the resulting day and hours going back in time like that was a known issue and if it was that the change world time part was intended to compensate for it or not. And also if by correcting the days and hours with it would correct any lingering alarms issues such as mentioned with the seasons calendar. And a curiosity along that thought, if the game time speed was changed prior to the installation of seasons would the problem with holidays still be present?

Honestly I never changed game time in my game, because I'm happy with the way it works with default settings. If you want to discuss that topic come over to our MCCC Discord server. Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed
  • Options
    katiee822katiee822 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi! I have recently bought seasons and installed, and have the most up to date version of the mod, however since I updated/installed everything, when I try to reset an object/sim and delete objects using shift click on the object it no longer works? All the settings are enabled etc. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    katiee822 wrote: »
    Hi! I have recently bought seasons and installed, and have the most up to date version of the mod, however since I updated/installed everything, when I try to reset an object/sim and delete objects using shift click on the object it no longer works? All the settings are enabled etc. Anyone have any ideas?

Those cheats were removed intentionally by EA. It's confirmed in in the release notes of the JUN 26 patch:
    quote: "In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:
    stats.set_skill_level
    stats.set_stat
    sims.fill_all_commodities
    stats.fill_commodities_household"
    - quote end
    (Source: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943019/june-26-2018-patch-notes#latest)

For more information read this post:
    https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/

Have a look at this for having the cheats back in your game:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614263
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Something is wrong with the Alien Abduction Pregnancy settings. I set the chance to become pregnant to 100, yet after 3 abductions of the same Sim, she won't ever return pregnant :'( No idea what's going on there...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top