Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Happy timezones, friends!!

Dropping by to say good morning. My arthritis is killing me today due to a change in the atmospheric pressure out here. I feel like I'm in a 90-year-old's body. Hurts to stand.

Going to try to take the dog to a nice creek since it's in the 90's today. We'll see if I make it.

I hope you're all doing well :)

I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    K-12 system is American schools I'm assuming you're talking about. Various locations have different rules for the names but all places have kindergarten through twelfth grade.
    Me for example had Kindergarten , that primary school (1-2) than intermediate school (3-5) than middle school (6-8) and than high school (9-12) Kindergarten starts at 4-5 years old depending when your birthday falls. And 12th grade ends around 17-18 years old. Than you go to college if you've got the money. And than you get a job. If you don't go to college you struggle for the rest of your life. If you go to college but don't get a career right away because the economy plum than you're just plum outta luck . Cause man those student loans are killer.

So sad. So true Plums big time.

Community College offers a great option to cut the cost a bit.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Dropping by to say good morning. My arthritis is killing me today due to a change in the atmospheric pressure out here. I feel like I'm in a 90-year-old's body. Hurts to stand.

Going to try to take the dog to a nice creek since it's in the 90's today. We'll see if I make it.

Hope you feel well soon ! We're expecting rain and storms over the next few days . Hope your weather settles! The creek sounds lovely ! So does chilling and keeping cool!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hope you feel well soon ! We're expecting rain and storms over the next few days . Hope your weather settles! The creek sounds lovely ! So does chilling and keeping cool!

Thanks!!! Enjoy the storms. Minus the pain it puts me in, I love them! The lightening was amazing last night. <3
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    My community college loans I can't pay back with no job are terrible. They're still asking for money and I'm like I have none so you get none ! I'm sorry! And hubby and I are dealing with the itt scandal
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i hope you feel better too. speaking of keeping cool i think i fixed my air conditioner last night. i didn't have the switch over far enough so it went from blowing cool warm air to air where i'm almost freezing.
  • Options
    i think beverly is trying to be a unofficial bender. i told her to bathe remington and she gave him a airplane ride. so just like the real benders she ignored me.lol
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

i hope you feel better too. speaking of keeping cool i think i fixed my air conditioner last night. i didn't have the switch over far enough so it went from blowing cool warm air to air where i'm almost freezing.

Thanks!!! And yay for ac getting fixed. it's important in this hot weather :)
  • Options

now i'm bored so i'm writing.
  • Options

I wish this place had AC but alas it's learning to deal with it instead. xD
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I can't deal with heat. That's why I live in the North xD with snow and rain.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I wish this place had AC but alas it's learning to deal with it instead. xD

bugsie i don't know if you know what central air is but i didn't have it til i moved here. before my last one blew in to the tv cabinet.
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    K-12 system is American schools I'm assuming you're talking about. Various locations have different rules for the names but all places have kindergarten through twelfth grade.
    Me for example had Kindergarten , that primary school (1-2) than intermediate school (3-5) than middle school (6-8) and than high school (9-12) Kindergarten starts at 4-5 years old depending when your birthday falls. And 12th grade ends around 17-18 years old. Than you go to college if you've got the money. And than you get a job. If you don't go to college you struggle for the rest of your life. If you go to college but don't get a career right away because the economy plum than you're just plum outta luck . Cause man those student loans are killer.

@Shadyboop @Shadami beat me to it lol.

Our country only adopted the K-12 system recently because before it was implemented, we only had 6 years of grade school and 4 years of high school. Then it's college after that, which is a must here if you want a job. So I was in my freshman year of college at around 17 years old. Funny enough after I graduated, I couldn't find any job in what I studied (Hotel and Tourism Management), so I ended up in the education sector teaching English to Koreans, which I find more enjoyable now.

The difference here with us is that our parents pay for our educational expenses since we are expected to live with them our whole life and take care of them when they get old.
  • Options
    Are we back on the talk of school now? :lol: Short Story: I got really confused the first time I read college with the meaning that most of you use. xD Means a different thing here.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    alanas having a bad day. she was stung by bees and steped in dog poop in a matter of 2 minutes.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @simscognito @CathyTea which of the Swanson Legacy are the best chapters that I could print off?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Are we back on the talk of school now? :lol: Short Story: I got really confused the first time I read college with the meaning that most of you use. xD Means a different thing here.

Do you use college to mean high school or middle school? I use it to mean high school but I think I'm in the minority xD
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Do you use college to mean high school or middle school? I use it to mean high school but I think I'm in the minority xD

Neither. xD Wouldn't fall into either of those...
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

No I use it to mean high school too.
  • Options

So what does College mean to you Bugsie? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Hard to explain. Anyone who lives here knows what I mean without explaining it because it's just a thing. I'll say like a pre-uni thing for about 2-3 years so the equivalent of the last 2 years of highschool but you only have about 1 subject, which you pick, (some places offer more than one course at once). I'm taking something like 3 things in September... :)

Also, ending my part in this conversation before I start thinking about when I find out how I did on my exams (don't want to redo maths next year, which I could have failed... :| )
  • Options

Hard to explain. Anyone who lives here knows what I mean without explaining it because it's just a thing. I'll say like a pre-uni thing for about 2-3 years so the equivalent of the last 2 years of highschool but you only have about 1 subject, which you pick, (some places offer more than one course at once). I'm taking something like 3 things in September... :)

Oh wait. I know what you mean. Mum attended one of those. Yeah. It's just in NZ some high schools are called colleges as well.
  • Options

Oh wait. I know what you mean. Mum attended one of those. Yeah. It's just in NZ some high schools are called colleges as well.

Yeah, fun stuff. :lol: Not sure what you learn in the last 2 years of high school but if it involves maths then I'm not interested...I'll stick with never having to take it again. Okay, so I'm weird. I was fine when I was in class for it but in the exams I blanked. I'm hoping I scraped a pass... :| I'll find out in about 6 weeks... :open_mouth:
  • Options

Yeah, fun stuff. :lol: Not sure what you learn in the last 2 years of high school but if it involves maths then I'm not interested...I'll stick with never having to take it again. Okay, so I'm weird. I was fine when I was in class for it but in the exams I blanked. I'm hoping I scraped a pass... :| I'll find out in about 6 weeks... :open_mouth:

Yeah, my school did IB and made you take maths. :( But the NZ system is NCEA which lets you drop it in the last two years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top