Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    On a totally unrelated note...

I have a new update ready after being on a hiatus for 6 months! I know! That's a long time, so many of my readers are probably not even active anymore. :D Anyway, just in case, here it is and it's full of teenage drama, as usual!

Chapter 3.21: Like a rain

how is it unrelated were the writers lounge. good to see you charming . :)
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member

I have a new update ready after being on a hiatus for 6 months! I know! That's a long time, so many of my readers are probably not even active anymore. :D Anyway, just in case, here it is and it's full of teenage drama, as usual!

Good to see you, too, @friendsfan367 ! I just meant it was unrelated to my previous post that I posted immediately before this one. But maybe it's not the correct phrase to use? Some mysteries of the English language are still lost on me. ( I'm not sure about this idiom, either :smiley: )
  • Options

Good to see you, too, @friendsfan367 ! I just meant it was unrelated to my previous post that I posted immediately before this one. But maybe it's not the correct phrase to use? Some mysteries of the English language are still lost on me. ( I'm not sure about this idiom, either :smiley: )

me too. i mean english. and i'm from the us so its been my language since birth. :) i knew what you meant though.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi everyone!

So I have been writing SimLit since early February of this year. I'm still fairly new to this and I have been reading many of the SimLits featured here so I thought I would drop a line. You all seem like a lot of fun and I would love to have more friends in the SimLit community. Currently I have a small Blogger blog but with any luck I can learn some more about making a SimLit blog and make it bigger or even work on making the daunting switch over to wordpress since it seems to be a preference for a lot of the Simmers I love to read. My blog is not nearly as impressive in my opinion but I am definitely looking for some advice, comments and criticisms.

I only have a small #BuildNewcrest Legacy going on now but I have ideas for at least two other stories that I want to work on. Need to figure out how to re-configure my current Blog, add seperate blog or transition into a new blog that can include all the stories... I haven't figured out which. Any opinions, comments appreciated.

Also check out my current blog and SimLit if you have time, just updated with latest chapter today:

McGinnis Legacy Blog

Thanks!!!

Hi, @TheAemaSimming ! Welcome and glad you've stopped by to say hi!

I like the lay-out of your blog a lot! It's really easy to navigate and very visually appealing!

Your story looks really interesting, too, with great characters!

The main reason I love WordPress is because it makes it easy for me to follow stories, since they show up in the WordPress Reader App that's on my mobile device.

But I will venture onto Blogspot to read stories I follow!

I'd love to talk about WordPress or about ideas you have for configuring your blog for multiple stories--feel free to PM or post questions here!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    Hi there everyone

Hi, @msbeckycat ! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Yahoo! I'm excited for your story! :)

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey! How's everyone today?
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    Hi there everyone

Hi, @msbeckycat ! :)

I am moved
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Hi everyone!

So I have been writing SimLit since early February of this year. I'm still fairly new to this and I have been reading many of the SimLits featured here so I thought I would drop a line. You all seem like a lot of fun and I would love to have more friends in the SimLit community. Currently I have a small Blogger blog but with any luck I can learn some more about making a SimLit blog and make it bigger or even work on making the daunting switch over to wordpress since it seems to be a preference for a lot of the Simmers I love to read. My blog is not nearly as impressive in my opinion but I am definitely looking for some advice, comments and criticisms.

I only have a small #BuildNewcrest Legacy going on now but I have ideas for at least two other stories that I want to work on. Need to figure out how to re-configure my current Blog, add seperate blog or transition into a new blog that can include all the stories... I haven't figured out which. Any opinions, comments appreciated.

Also check out my current blog and SimLit if you have time, just updated with latest chapter today:

McGinnis Legacy Blog

Thanks!!!

Hi there! :p

I'm not on here much anymore, since other things have caught my attention (instead of Simlit, I've mostly just gone over to writing plain ol' fanfiction. I do intend to update, basically "I'll get there when I get there". I've never really put a link to my AO3 on here because I don't want to get annoying and needy and such. Also there's a link to it in my signature anyway)

And when you get the chance, definitely switch over to Wordpress. It's easier to figure out than Blogger (at least I think so), for one.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    n'm here. with hulu live i only lost maury.

writing later today because that way i don'r have to keep secrets. i don't know why but this time i was excited for beverly, even though its the same story,
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @CharmingMaruska Thank you so much for the feedback. It's much appreciated. :)

@Shadami I'm a stay at home Mom too, but also a caretaker. My grandmother in law has Alzheimer's so I am full time taking care of her and my little boy. It's hard to find time to game, much less write but I really love it.

I understand. My grandmother just went after 20 years of Alzheimer's and my mother is going there as well. I'm hoping my dad doesn't but we don't know if it runs in his family because his parents died when he was young. My little one starts kindergarten in the fall so I'm hoping to get an actual job instead of just streaming.
  • Options
    I know this isn't about a story, but I mean they could be used in a story if someone wants to but I just uploaded some Pokemon Sims and pets to the gallery and I'm not sure where on the forums to share that ^^;;
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    @CathyTea Oh my goodness!! I'm a bit star struck. I love all the SimLit of yours that I have read. You have such an understanding, nurturing way of framing your Sims and their stories... *clears throat* Sorry. :blush:

I am so humbled that you think my blog is well organized. A long time ago I attempted a Sims 2 blog with wordpress. I didn't have an easy time of it and quickly gave up on that story... I was determined to make a full go of it this time around and worked hard researching how to use Blogger/wordpress for a couple weeks. Of the two, blogger seemed easier for me to manage out the gate (mostly because uploading pictures through a secondary platform sounded really scary to me) but I do like the ability of wordpress to keep everything so neatly organized for not only showcasing but reading other people's literature. Any pointers on how to go about setting on up though would be most welcomed.

Right now I am barely making time to write a single story but can't help but want to do other things as well and have some ideas that I have been jotting down as they come to me as well. So maybe someday....

@rednenemon Once I figure it out I'm sure it's great way to go. During my research I just felt like there were a lot of steps to get photos up but maybe I was making it more difficult in my mind?

@Shadami I'm very sorry for your loss of your grandma and that your mother will be going through something similiar. It can be a very difficult disease to live with and around. Even before they really go, you lose a little bit of who they are each day. My mother in law and I participate in caegiver support groups and they were the ones who suggested that I find an outlet. SimLit has been great for me. When I can find time. My little boy is going to be going to preschool this August. It's only 3 hours a day but it seems like such a drastic change. We have a lot in common and if you ever need someone to talk about things feel free to PM.

Wow... I feel so welcomed and loved. I am really glad I decided to write up here. I already feel like I have made some good friends. Thank you everyone for the kind words.

• Options
    @TheAemaSimming oh gosh yes. When my little ones started going to pre School I didn't know what to do with myself. Now I'm going to have even more time and it's like a major life change. I'm glad you've found us and are enjoying things here. I know I've found this thread to be filled with amazing friendly people.
  • Options
    I can't believe I just did what I did. :# So, how's everyone...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Oh God what's you do? And I'm... Okay. Dealing with my step second cousin in law's or something like that.

I have some pretty extreme OCD and other health things that usually equate to over protectiveness if my children. Things like you don't drown the ice in a slushie so you're just drinking syrup. And the other parents laughed at me for telling my children not to do that because it actually makes my children sick.

So their children made slushie with like no ice and just syrup to spite me for being "not cool"
    Yeah thanks brats. Just trying to raise my children healthy
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oh God what's you do? And I'm... Okay. Dealing with my step second cousin in law's or something like that.

I have some pretty extreme OCD and other health things that usually equate to over protectiveness if my children. Things like you don't drown the ice in a slushie so you're just drinking syrup. And the other parents laughed at me for telling my children not to do that because it actually makes my children sick.

So their children made slushie with like no ice and just syrup to spite me for being "not cool"
    Yeah thanks brats. Just trying to raise my children healthy

I bought the rest of the sims 4 packs that I didn't have... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

McGinnis Legacy Blog

Thanks!!!

Hi, @TheAemaSimming ! Welcome and glad you've stopped by to say hi!

I like the lay-out of your blog a lot! It's really easy to navigate and very visually appealing!

Your story looks really interesting, too, with great characters!

The main reason I love WordPress is because it makes it easy for me to follow stories, since they show up in the WordPress Reader App that's on my mobile device.

But I will venture onto Blogspot to read stories I follow!

I'd love to talk about WordPress or about ideas you have for configuring your blog for multiple stories--feel free to PM or post questions here!

welcome. i cohost with cathtea. but my aparment was hot til now so i just switched to where my computer is. i do read some stories that aren't wp .worrdpress but i don't comment on the blog if i think of a comment i usually post it here.
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    I'm currently talking to you guys in a computer shop
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi everyone!

McGinnis Legacy Blog

Thanks!!!

@TheAemaSimming Welcome officially. I know I've seen you around and chatted with you but since you're introducing yourself formally, I'll wave hello. I checked out your blog. I do prefer WordPress, but that doesn't mean I won't read over on Blogger. It's harder for me to "like" and "comment," but that doesn't mean I won't for stories I enjoy. You have a beautiful founder and you're off to a great start. I love the name Adaleigh. Your park location is lovely, and you have a sweet cover photo. I read three chapters. I'll try and read more when I get the chance.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have a new cover for my Kass story. I fiddled around in Sims 3 today and it was nice. I haven't played TS3 since February? March? Something like that. Anyhoo... I'm about to switch gears from Livin' A Simmin' Life, my Simself story, to release more Kass chapters - The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright. I am having fun. There's more mystery and intrigue this time around. A lot of tiny loose ends that I hope to wrap into and improve upon the original version. Not sure if anyone cares all that much and not sure if TS3 stories are still popular or not, but I thought I'd post the cover here for kicks and giggles:
    cropped-cover-2.jpg

I feel like each pose says a bit about their personality, if you've read the story. If you have, get ready for more chapters to be released soon. If not, you can always jump in. I'm not that far into the reboot, and I'm totally biased, but Kass is my favorite Sim character of mine so #shamelessplug :p

P.S. I'll totally be back for more LASL in the future.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Anyone has tips on writing a tragedy? I need it for "homework" for (day-program) guest speaker/vistor
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Anyone has tips on writing a tragedy? I need it for "homework" for (day-program) guest speaker/vistor

have you read your story? its full of tragedy.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

have you read your story? its full of tragedy.

Well I need to make up a tragedy about a stranger and my story is filled with Drama, which isn't the same thing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    No idea. I don't do tragedy writing well.

Oh gosh, I wish I could do that bugsie! I need the stuff packs still. About half of them

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top