Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 seasons vs. Sims 3 seasons

Comments

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2018
    I know that this may be off-top but....

Very much similar to what they did in City Living though, they added a lot of new gameplay objects in the EP but did not really gave us new features and experience to the game. Why, because CL did not really achieved on what Sims 4 EPs intended to give. Sims 4 EPs should actually focused more on tools and features cause it's the sims 4! But in the case in CL, they've focused more on gameplay objects rather than like I said a while ago, tools. Much more like what Sims 3 EPs did. It didn't even gave us the ability to build our own apartments which is kinda disappointing to some players. Like what's the point of many new gameplay objects if you can not build the thing that could firstly think of the word "city" itself?

And now that we have Seasons. I am actually very glad that they added new gameplay in a seasons EP rather than reintroducing the things from the past. We now have the ability to make and celebrate our own holidays which I believe is new to the game and the entire franchise. And also, I really highly appreciated on how they revamped the worlds more detailed in every season even though it's still "the sims 4" like what LGR said.

It just feels like I don't really want a complete carbon copy of an expansion from the previous games. And personally, I doesn't really matter if we didn't get the stuffs that we have in the Sims 3 since Sims 4 doesn't really feel that way. I don't really care anymore since we now got new features in the game. I want the S4 to be more unique since it really focuses on things different from the others. And that is what makes the sims 4 unique from the previous games. It's the Tools and AI! That's it.

In Conclusion - Sims 3 = Gameplay\Activities while Sims 4 = New Tools and Experiences

y'all got bread?
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Christmas in TS4 feels more like Xmas.

M64pYMX.jpg

nYsCrO0.jpg

slMXnZv.png

placing presents under the Xmas tree

ZQB1xcF.jpg

kids can sabotage tree, replace gifts with prank gifts..

pk2ufTS.jpg

9VXwZbU.jpg

tWYaU2N.jpg

singing jingle bells

GpbDxzw.jpg

You can make a group of kids sing carols

Make winterfest crafts and give it as a present

n7BURRA.jpg

vHojIxC.png

5Ovzvub.png

Santa Claus appears at a chimney. He can do the jolly belly laugh like TS2

8m82oo8.jpg

msYh7jQ.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Yes Sims 4 may be more stable than Sims 3, the reason it is more stable it is not feature rich as Sims 3. I do not look at an program that is just stable especially if it has no challenging features for me to look at. If EA/Maxis incorporated some of the features into Sims 4 and somehow tweaked them to run real good regardless of what system you are running then there would be no controversy and most would be happy. Sims 4 has very few noteworthy features and it fun for a little while and you rule some but not an lot. If you had to buy an very nice machine to play Sims 3 blame that on EA/Maxis for they are the one who developed and not some other company. Heck Sims 4 is not even perfect even if it stripped of most features for some are still using mods as it was done in Sims 3. I like Seasons for Sims 4 but it will be fun for a little while.
    So I don't understand why move on then if you like TS3 as the better sims game? Why pay more money on a different version of the game you might have not paid for because it lacked so many features for you. I mean I only came to TS4 because it was different and I wasn't wanting it to be TS3 or the open world. I just wanted a different game. When it lacked toddlers I was fine with that because I got use to not having them I am not a big fan of toddlers in the sims game. The only thing it lacks for me personally is hobbies for your sims to do and more places to go to have fun at. At first I had wished that the neighborhood would feel more alive with sims having kids without me going to every house to have then have a baby. But now with MCCC I can have that immersion of neighborhoods being more alive and my sims can continue their legacies in the neighborhood. I can tell drama filled stories or parents that dote on their kids or unborn kids stories.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2018
    The trouble I had with TS4 for the first few years it was out was that I spent all of my time trying to point out what was missing that I liked in previous Sims games. It just doesn't work like that, for me anyways. I had to completely let go and let the game stand on its' own without comparison before I could begin to enjoy it. There's always going to be things that you like more from previous games and things you may like that have been implemented in the newer game. They are ultimately different games and making comparisons anymore, for me, is just ruining any fun in TS4. Once I let go of that, I've been having a lot more fun playing the game. I quite expecting the same features and looked for new ones.

With that said I will say that the one thing that TS4 has done for me personally with Seasons is give me a real time frame. The calendar is by far, in my opinion, the best addition to a Seasons ep. I can finally feel like I have a real sim year (I play on 28 day long seasons.) There's holidays and birthdays on the calendar. I can add events in that I do every year on the same day. It makes the game feel kind of whole for me. Example: My sims can now grow older each sim year (spring/summer/fall/winter.) I will now use the calendar years as a reference to age sims up. Sure there aren't puddles and icicles growing from my roof but I don't really need that stuff. Instead of looking at what isn't the same, I've been appreciating what's different that I may have always wanted in the last Seasons expansion. That's not to say that there is still room for improvement and constructive criticism should still exist. I'm enjoying this Seasons more than TS3 Seasons though, and I think it's the small implementation of that calendar that's really got me into the game. The holidays also feel a bit more intimate and fleshed out. I've come to enjoy and appreciate TS4 now that I've let go of TS3 and TS2 features completely and it's really made a world of difference with my enjoyment of the game. I haven't played TS3 or TS2 in over a year though so I could just be forgetting some of the features, but I think maybe it's good that I am.

edit: I forgot to add in one of the cool things I have done with the calendar. I saved up vacation days during the fall for a little winter break for my kids and parents. Made it kind of like Christmas break irl. I did the same for summer. That was one thing I have wanted in sims for a long time, a year with real breaks from school. I know it's not really in the game but the calendar has given me a guide through my year to do these things.

edit #2: I just realized while outside cleaning the pool that I can actually make a Christmas/Summer break for a family. Just make a holiday out of one of the weeks in Winter/Summer. I'd have to do individual days as say a "Winter Break" holiday, but it works. I'm even happier about the calendar now.
    Post edited by Vagenius on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

The sims 4 calender is a significant feature by EAs own admission. But the trouble I have with that is, many of what it offers is already possible in game. Want to throw a party in five days? You can already. Just wait the appropriate days and bingo! Now it’s a case of mark it in the calendar, let the game take the funds for the party off you and wait the required number of days.

Why is that such a big feature? I refuse to believe I’m the only one that has been doing that all this time? It’s not innovative or a mind blowing feature. It’s just a case of now having it marked in a calender. We all know where our sims are all the time so it’s not like they are going to cancel it or forget and not turn up. What would have been significant to me was if they added in the ability to creat our own events. What if I want a teen party? Can’t happen. What if I want to schedule a date with Albert on Thursday and another with Bridget on Friday? What if I want to throw a hen or bachelorette party?

For me the act of scheduling an event, looking forward to it, and planning just adds more realism and immersion to my game. I don't get up one morning in real life and decide I'm going to throw a bridal or baby shower. I plan it months in advance. I can now get rid of one of my to do lists because the game keeps track of some events for me. Another feature is that scheduled events have goals, which has always been a favorite feature for me. And I know as more packs are released there will be more activities to add to scheduled events. At the end of the day, you either see value in the calendar system or you don't. For me it makes the game less frantic and more organized.

EXACTLY! One hundred percent agree - I feel the same way!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    The trouble I had with TS4 for the first few years it was out was that I spent all of my time trying to point out what was missing that I liked in previous Sims games. It just doesn't work like that, for me anyways. I had to completely let go and let the game stand on its' own without comparison before I could begin to enjoy it. There's always going to be things that you like more from previous games and things you may like that have been implemented in the newer game. They are ultimately different games and making comparisons anymore, for me, is just ruining any fun in TS4. Once I let go of that, I've been having a lot more fun playing the game. I quite expecting the same features and looked for new ones.

Exactly that. I was so busy complaining about the missing open world and how everything looked so different that I couldn't even enjoy it. I was bored a lot of the time with it, so much so that I ended up just focusing on building; I'm starting to wonder now if it wasn't that I was bored at all, but just that I was spending too much time comparing.

Since Seasons came out, I've spent a lot of time playing. I still enjoy building but I've found there's more to do in S4 than I originally thought. As for comparing, they're two completely different games to me and I enjoy them both.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Truth is, not all old games will play as expected on newer hardware or newer operating systems which is why I paid close attention to the minimal system requirements as a start but also relied on hopefully an accurate list of hardware performance. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

It's funny because I used that exact same page when determining that the Radeon R9 270X was the best choice for a video card. People were recommending the GeForce 750 Ti, but as you can see from that site, it was reported to not be perfect for the last two Expansion Packs. So I actually went with the R9 270X instead from looking at that. The problem was there was nowhere and no one to tell me that the R9 270X can not be read by The Sims 3. Funny how something that major was left out of that guide and also wasn't in the knowledge base of anyone helping me.

I mean, I really shouldn't have to have gone any further than that to be able to find/build a PC perfect for The Sims 3. To be honest, because it was 2014 (The Sims 3 had finished by that point) and because The Sims is a more casual series I really expected that I'd actually be able to find a prebuilt PC anywhere that could run the game. That's the way it had worked with The Sims 2. A laptop I got in 2007 (actually before The Sims 2 was over) ran the game like a charm, while my desktop from 2004 could not run it barely at all. So it came as a shock to me when the prebuilt PCs in the market were still far too weak to properly play The Sims 3. It was a blow to me, because I just expected and wanted something simple. I'm not buying a PC to run those latest-tech hyper-realistic games or anything, I'm just wanting to play The Sims!

I do not look forward to going through this whole process all over again when it's time to buy a new PC.

I remember reading enough posts about how some graphic cards were too new and hurdles had to be jumped over to get TS3 to recognize it. Perhaps my personal thoughts of this had to do with TS3 lifespan being from 2009 to 2013. Because after some thought, why would TS3 still be continued to be updated for newer graphic cards when it ended? TS4 was and is the focus now.

The Sims, for me, has never been more of a casual series. It depends on how deep or not the player gets into gameplay and it never was dictated by the developers except with TS4. You can watch the whole video or go straight to 3:53- 4:06 and 4:40-4:53 to see what the developers thought about TS3 and the players.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouH0G6-wK9g

And why wouldn't a laptop from 2007 work for TS2? Graphic cards were still being updated because the game was still being created up until November 2008. And just because you buy any non-gaming or gaming pre-built computer doesn't mean it will work. That's the whole point of what the system requirements are for to tell you what the computer needs to have to meet minimum or recommended requirements.

I am not going to count the last store set but rather the last EP release and that date would be October 22, 2013 for NA. Your video card came out in Q4 2013. There is evidenced that the developers did not add any more graphics card to the list or else you would not have had that issue. My video card came out in Q2 2012 and when I installed and played TS3 I had no issues.
    https://s25.postimg.cc/jk7lnnzrz/Release_Dates.png

Except at first I put the DVI cable into the motherboard which automatically used the integrated Intel HD 4000. But after switching to where it was supposed to be in the video card it automatically recognized the NVidia Geforce GTX 660. And after getting a new monitor some time ago, I use the HDMI cable instead.

In any case, you live and you learn. Or rather that is up to you.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Sometimes I believe I am one of the only persons who actually is able to completely let go of any other version before. The moment Sims 4 was announced I did not continue to buy more stuff for Sims 3. I didn't have all EPs from Sims 3 and because I do it this way, I mean, letting completely go of the older versions, I am able to completely enjoy the new version without any problems. I know they would come with most things we had before, such as Vampires, Seasons etc. at a later point.

Truthfully I have to admit since I did not play Sims 2-3 for such a long time, I can't even say anymore what is missing etc. So for me it's extremely easy to let go of old games to fully enjoy a new experience in different lights.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Yes Sims 4 may be more stable than Sims 3, the reason it is more stable it is not feature rich as Sims 3. I do not look at an program that is just stable especially if it has no challenging features for me to look at. If EA/Maxis incorporated some of the features into Sims 4 and somehow tweaked them to run real good regardless of what system you are running then there would be no controversy and most would be happy. Sims 4 has very few noteworthy features and it fun for a little while and you rule some but not an lot. If you had to buy an very nice machine to play Sims 3 blame that on EA/Maxis for they are the one who developed and not some other company. Heck Sims 4 is not even perfect even if it stripped of most features for some are still using mods as it was done in Sims 3. I like Seasons for Sims 4 but it will be fun for a little while.
    So I don't understand why move on then if you like TS3 as the better sims game? Why pay more money on a different version of the game you might have not paid for because it lacked so many features for you. I mean I only came to TS4 because it was different and I wasn't wanting it to be TS3 or the open world. I just wanted a different game. When it lacked toddlers I was fine with that because I got use to not having them I am not a big fan of toddlers in the sims game. The only thing it lacks for me personally is hobbies for your sims to do and more places to go to have fun at. At first I had wished that the neighborhood would feel more alive with sims having kids without me going to every house to have then have a baby. But now with MCCC I can have that immersion of neighborhoods being more alive and my sims can continue their legacies in the neighborhood. I can tell drama filled stories or parents that dote on their kids or unborn kids stories.

Because there is nothing for you to understand and again I can voice my opinion just like you can whether it is negative or positive. You enjoy the game then enjoy it. The only thing we can do here is agree to disagree for whatever you posted does not change my opinion and guess you can move on and I will do my thing. :) One more thing I do not hate Sims 4 Season I just see it as an EP with less features for nowhere in my post did I say I dislike it for I do own the pack even though I did not pay it full price and even though I do not find the features in this EP earthquaking I still can use something in it. Yes, I do find Sims 3 Seasons the better EP but I can play both as I wish. Since you brought up mods, I never had used mods in Sims 2, Sims 3 or even this version to have fun or even fix an game.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    lienne11lienne11 Posts: 192 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    So, what’s the point of this topic anyway?

Well since this is the first post by the OP, @LIENNE11, since June 2017 maybe she's trying to decide which version of Seasons to invest in.

Sorry, I’ve been busy! I didn’t know this forum would blow up like this lol. I do really miss TS3 festival activities tbh. I love TS4 seasons tho. The one thing that irks me is the rain. I just wish I saw more puddles on the ground & rain dripping off the roof. I do love the calendars & the random events that come up. (Heheh fighting day? That’s funny). I enjoy the traditions & holidays. I do wish my sim children could trick or treat. I really hope we get some of those seasonal activities in future packs.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I only just got Seasons for TS3 a little over a month ago, so I haven't even played with all of the features of that expansion yet. I guess I still haven't played with all of the features of TS4 expansion either though lol.

I like and play both, but I think I like TS4 better right now.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    PepseyrulesPepseyrules Posts: 32 Member
    the sims 3 seasons had online dating which was nice.
    The sims 3 seasons was my first expansion pack so Imma have to go with the sims 3
    Peace. Love. and Happiness.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I like how we could choose the season to start with in TS4; TS3 started with summer by default.

I do miss the deep snow, though. Even if it wasn't perfect. Still, it was.. cozy.
    WXkAqjc.jpg
    WuRbpHC.jpg

But really, thinking about it, that's the only thing I miss from TS3. The deep snow. The softer looking winters. (uhh.. the red part of that screenshot is just Midnight Hollow's fun lighting, however)

Everything else from TS4 Seasons is way better.

I also really enjoy the calendar feature. Much better than how TS3 handled the holidays. We can fix up the default holidays or remove them entirely, and also make our own holidays now! I can include holidays that are specific to my own country! I can remove Valentine's day! It's pretty nice.
    Thanks to this calendar system, I also got to add a summer holiday that lasts three days; the first one makes you go on vacation and then the other two days got nothing in particular to do, they're just days you get off from school and work. Basically, you can do a lot with this.
    Not to mention finally being able to plan out events several days in advance!

I mean?? This newest one is packed with gameplay. It wins.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    khabt12khabt12 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sims 3 is definitely better than 4 sims
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sims 3 weather effects were better than Sims 4. Snow was an issue with aurora skies in Sims 3 so they had snowgate. If you didn't clean up the leaves around the world, they would stay forever. I was concerned when I saw the piles of leaves in the live stream and I was right to be concerned. So they had a bit of leafgate too for me. Sims 3 still wins weatherwise.

As far as seasonal gameplay, I feel like Sims 4 wins. Holidays are way better than the festivals. My sims are much more connected to their families while they are adults because of the holidays. My Elder Sims get to plan these great holiday parties and have a couple generations of family surrounding them. The holidays actually added more family play for me than parenthood. I love decorating the tree. I love customizing the decorations of the outside. I love the countdown to midnight. I just wish pool parties and suntanning were added and I would have been overjoyed.
  • Options
    lienne11lienne11 Posts: 192 Member

The sims 4 calender is a significant feature by EAs own admission. But the trouble I have with that is, many of what it offers is already possible in game. Want to throw a party in five days? You can already. Just wait the appropriate days and bingo! Now it’s a case of mark it in the calendar, let the game take the funds for the party off you and wait the required number of days.

Why is that such a big feature? I refuse to believe I’m the only one that has been doing that all this time? It’s not innovative or a mind blowing feature. It’s just a case of now having it marked in a calender. We all know where our sims are all the time so it’s not like they are going to cancel it or forget and not turn up. What would have been significant to me was if they added in the ability to creat our own events. What if I want a teen party? Can’t happen. What if I want to schedule a date with Albert on Thursday and another with Bridget on Friday? What if I want to throw a hen or bachelorette party?

For me the act of scheduling an event, looking forward to it, and planning just adds more realism and immersion to my game. I don't get up one morning in real life and decide I'm going to throw a bridal or baby shower. I plan it months in advance. I can now get rid of one of my to do lists because the game keeps track of some events for me. Another feature is that scheduled events have goals, which has always been a favorite feature for me. And I know as more packs are released there will be more activities to add to scheduled events. At the end of the day, you either see value in the calendar system or you don't. For me it makes the game less frantic and more organized.

Except we cannot plan bridal or baby showers, thats my point. The events haven't changed, just when we can schedule them has.

I'm genuinely glad you are enjoying it. But can I ask? minus the act of typing in an event to the calendar, isn't the looking forward to it and planning it the exact same process as it was without the calendar? Not trying to be goady. I'm just curious. I can totally see that if you enjoy goals then the sims 4 is good, because it does goals very well. A little too well.

For example, for me in my game right now my toddler will age in 5 sim days. Pre seasons I would maybe give him a birthday party, at the very least bake a cake to avoid the sad moodlet. The game reminds me the day before and on the day its his birthday. Depending on family members schedules I do it after work and school, usually take the family to the park and they have a bbq or at the least just stay home and do the cake.

Now with seasons I can schedule the party for five days and place it in the calendar. The game will take the funds from me but for the next five days for me personally its the same process as without seasons except now I have a blip in the calendar telling me there is a party that day. Which admittedly is very organised but its not like my sims will go off and organise their own lives or I won't know where they are . For that five days I don't feel any different nor do I play any differently- I'm just down the simoleans for the party. The only thing I do is check the weather if I'm holding the party outdoors. If I'm looking forward to them aging up then I will still feel that way without the calendar. The first scenario is how I more or less always approach birthdays or weddings or special celebrations, inputting it into a calendar doesn't change the celebration or the lead up to it. What would be my ideal would be like for example if you have a wedding coming up allowing you to make events relating to that wedding like dress shopping, cake tasting, bridal shower and let me invite people and have the calendar tell me if those people will make it in advance so if they don't I can reschedule. I would see the value in it a whole lot more if it allowed me to customise it more, let me create my own events, let my townies ask my sims out at a certain date and time and the calendar tell me if I have a conflict in the schedule.

I agree it would be cool if the calendar included townies, so they can ask your sim to go out with them on a certain date and time
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I miss the Seasons Festivals & Holidays that Sims 3 had. I wish that EA MAXIS would put all that back into Sims 4.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited August 2019
    I say it depends. Sims 4 allows you create holiday in addition to holidays in game, able to plan for events and prepare ahead of time and doesn't lag the game. Sims 3 had festivals but really, they aren't really all that much different then festivals in City Living. I never felt that Sims 4 seemed less wintery depending on the world as there could be a lot of snow in some worlds, I do wish they brought the igloo back. I do like the pop up skating rink and all that, which is nice and glad that they sort of brought Santa back (just with a different name and has less of obsession with toilets like Santa in Sims 2 had for some odd reason. I am guessing all that milk). I like how the holidays and sims feel more like a family.

Both have some similar features as well as different ones. Not a huge fan of Sims 3, so I give it to Sims 4.

I also forgot how we can choose what season to start with in Sims 4. I usually start with spring.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I love Sims4 Season for all of the added little extras they afforded, such as the calendar and the ability to add events and holidays of our own making, and I like the fact we have lightning and thunder, plus blizzards. However, I find it rains way too much. I did like how weather was treated in Sims3, for this reason. Each season wasn't exactly the same as the previous 'year'. Sometimes you got a lot of snow, and sometimes barely any. I also don't recall the rain being practically non-stop. So, it's a toss-up for me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I thought the Sims 3 seasons was great...I think the Sims 4 Seasons is essential. The Sims 4 wouldn't be the Sims 4 without it, it improves gameplay that much. The calendar/holiday system is amazing and makes planning events so worthwhile. It came in soooo handy for the Decades Challenge I don't think you could do it without it!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm going to say 4 because I can't even play 3. :)
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    forget what ive said before cringe, i actually enjoy the seasons pack in TS3 more than TS4. i mean aesthetics and attention to detail are pretty, but id honestly prefer gameplay over looks, so if that's the case, im rolling with TS3 seasons

i think the calendar in TS4 was cool and everything, however, it's just a bunch of activities we could already do in some form although im still using that calendar on some occasions is fine, i guess.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I enjoy/ed both sims3 and 4 Seasons.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Moring Simmers! i love seasons in sims4, but i like the seasons in 3 because i feel there was more snow and wind which made it feel more realistic :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019
    First, I didn't buy TS4 Seasons. The whole snow controversy was a huge turn off to me. But I have watched some play, and or talk about TS4 Seasons enough to get the vibe of what is in this pack. Broken Umbrellas, Snow that has no depth, and a holiday calendar that is most of the time broken for many players. Complaints of (maybe it got fixed) players' Sims having leaving work or all coming home or something like that when they planned a day off for one Sim etc. I read many, many complaints about TS4's Seasons and all those things and many more problems with it helped me decide to skip it. I guess I'm just too particular.

Here are just a handful of things that are better in TS3's Seasons, in my opinion. Snow Depth. I can hardly immerse myself in a game that doesn't have any depth while playing as if my Sims are building Snowmen, or making Snow Angels, or forming a snow ball if there isn't really any snow depth on the ground and their hands aren't even actually reaching into the snow but just forming above the ground. Immersion matters to me, or I would be playing Mobile games.

Fall Trees change color (the real leaves) in TS3 and especially in TS2, they aren't decorative. I can only say when I saw some trees in some reviews in TS4 that were only decor and different colored leaves I could only think,... cheap.

Summer...I didn't have to wait until two or three more packs to see Sims sunbathe in summer like we had to wait for that in TS4.

Festivals last several Sim days and my Sims don't have to hurry and get to one like the CL festivals in TS4. The game will actually find a lot or a building to hold a seasonal festival (all I have to do is agree) where my Sims can go have some fun and eat some new foods. And if it has to be held in a building, it's always a vacant building the game picks. It's pretty cool when the game decided to put a Fall festival inside the old abandoned warehouse in my game.

Activities, pumpkin carving at the festival or at home, light them up around your Sim's home if you want to do that. Several styles, scray or funny etc.

Decorative lit lights on all Sim houses for the Christmas holdiday. If you want to decorate the entire world. It's beautiful in TS3, I wish we had that in TS2 instead of having to string them (entire neighborhood) decorated with a click of button in TS3, so pretty and immersive in winter, wonderland. Pick clear, white or colored lights and styles. (detail).

Lounge chairs that allow Sims to relax, and multitask without having to sit on the side like any chair.

Haunted Crips, dare to enter. Real Trick or Treating, big sis can take little brother to go to each house in the world, in full costume, not a stuff pack, snack candy from a bowl deal. But real trick or treating for your Sims.

Apple eating contests, food eating contests, tickets to spend on new rewards bought at kiosks. (Objects that do stuff).

That is just some of things to do during the seasonal changes.

Christmas, gift giving day. Where your Sim invites anyone to exchange gifts in their home, or a community lot with a Christmas tree. Sims care about what they give each other or what you Sim gave them. (especially in TS2 but very good in TS3, too).

Ice rinks, horse shoes, so many new objects I can't even remember them all. Umbrellas that work. Snow boarding, new pool objects, changes in temperature though TS4 added a nice tiwst to have to use a thermostat inside, too. Alien abductions, that matter, there are lots of things to do at home if your Sim doesn't want to visit a festival that last more than a day. Swimming in all bodies of water affecting all packs like it should.
    Spring sometimes the rainy seasons, spring romance, and new interactions. So many new foods, new interactions seasonal and otherwise, TS3's Seasons make's TS4's EP look like a sketch pad of planned holidays on a broken calendar and a pack that really doesn't even scratch the surface of what's in TS3's EP.

You rule in TS3, set the seasons for any world. Use the objects on a home lot. Or add anything to any festival, it's your game, you rule, play with life. Very little in this trailer is staged if anything. That's the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.