Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Pet interactions would fill the queue, especially when my sims need to fill their needs. And the time issue has worsened and now fast forward is glitched whenever my sims are asleep.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback or press “ me too” on these AHQ EA threads,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/td-p/6699614
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-jumping-back-Sims-freezing/td-p/6882169
  • Options
    I tried reading through the list but I didn't see if this was already written.

When I first downloaded seasons it worked perfectly. The next day when i opened the game is when my problems started.

I'm having trouble with my queue list. My sims won't perform the tasks unless I hit buy mode and then put it back in live mode or hitting the game options and then returning back to screen. I also have to do this if I want to switch sims. I can't switch sims unless i go to game options and then return to the screen. Everything is super laggy because of this.

I took out my mods and had the same problem.
    I've repaired my game, and it made the thermometer near the time and speed disappear and when I click on it a gray box with the llama appears.
    I've also deleted the localthumbcache and nothing changed.

please help

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start a fresh new save game, and test to see if the issues are occurring in that new save game.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    edited June 2018
    No mods but some issues have occurred. Once I had my dog repeat interactions about 20 times - not with other pets though.
    All my sims are playing musical beds despite having their beds personally set.
    In my first save I changed the time options to two weeks before loading the lot and all was OK except my twin toddlers birthdays were three days apart. In the second save I loaded the lot before I changed the options and after I did change the options all the preset holidays were in the wrong seasons, and my teen sim got an extra week of life.
    My outside electronics (now sheltered) break all the time in a T-storm and can't be repaired. They often get hit by lightning and must be replaced, similar to items that catch on fire. This is expensive so plan to move them inside.
    When I finished my first (of 2) season weeks the first holiday week reappeared at the bottom of the calendar but was blank - had to wait until the next season started to see the preset holidays and my created holidays reappear.
    I only found out that you normally can't take toddlers to a restaurant so this is not a new bug. When I tried I got the message "game failed to launch" and had to restart. But I had a game crash when I tried to take a family with a toddler to the Oasis Springs park during a created game holiday. Perhaps my old computer was about to crash anyway. Have a new one now and have to reload Origin and put back my last save file but I don't want to try going to the park during a holiday with a toddler again just yet.

• Options
    rudolpha wrote: »
    No mods but some issues have occurred. Once I had my dog repeat interactions about 20 times - not with other pets though.
    All my sims are playing musical beds despite having their beds personally set.
    In my first save I changed the time options to two weeks before loading the lot and all was OK except my twin toddlers birthdays were three days apart. In the second save I loaded the lot before I changed the options and after I did change the options all the preset holidays were in the wrong seasons, and my teen sim got an extra week of life.
    My outside electronics (now sheltered) break all the time in a T-storm and can't be repaired. They often get hit by lightning and must be replaced, similar to items that catch on fire. This is expensive so plan to move them inside.
    When I finished my first (of 2) season weeks the first holiday week reappeared at the bottom of the calendar but was blank - had to wait until the next season started to see the preset holidays and my created holidays reappear.
    I only found out that you normally can't take toddlers to a restaurant so this is not a new bug. When I tried I got the message "game failed to launch" and had to restart. But I had a game crash when I tried to take a family with a toddler to the Oasis Springs park during a created game holiday. Perhaps my old computer was about to crash anyway. Have a new one now and have to reload Origin and put back my last save file but I don't want to try going to the park during a holiday with a toddler again just yet.

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the bed ownership issue.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Bed-ownership-is-being-ignored/m-p/6874295#M63670
    This thread refers to the pet issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6699614#M60331
    There is a warning that if you alter the time options after setting events /holidays it can alter the planned events/holidays. It may be best to change the time options first,
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2018
    I put families together especially the single sims that spawn, because it lowers the amount of family inventory and family income in the game.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    jupejuperocketjupejuperocket Posts: 31 Member
    > > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
    >
    > If you haven’t already done this, try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again and see if that helps. Try doing some gardening and see if that will bring him.

Yeah, again, didn't work. Feh.
    New houses going up all the time!
    Search the Gallery for ID jupejuperocket
  • Options
    > > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
    >
    > If you haven’t already done this, try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again and see if that helps. Try doing some gardening and see if that will bring him.

Yeah, again, didn't work. Feh.

I am sorry :( It may be best to buy a new Patchy and build up your sims relationship with him again. You can have multiple Patchy sims.
  • Options
    CatLover924CatLover924 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > CatLover924 wrote: »
    >
    > I can't get past the seasons selection screen in any save, including brand new saves. I try to select a season, and nothing happens. The problem persists even after clearing the cache, taking out all mods/cc, and repairing my game. I have no idea what else to do, and I haven't seen anyone reporting the same problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CatLover924
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Try testing the game after putting back each folder.

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, and the issue still occurred.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > CatLover924 wrote: »
    >
    > I can't get past the seasons selection screen in any save, including brand new saves. I try to select a season, and nothing happens. The problem persists even after clearing the cache, taking out all mods/cc, and repairing my game. I have no idea what else to do, and I haven't seen anyone reporting the same problem.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CatLover924
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    > Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    > Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Try testing the game after putting back each folder.

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, and the issue still occurred.

Hello @CatLover924
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( I don’t like to suggest this as I know that is a big download that can take a long time to download, but perhaps you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. It may perhaps help your issues.
    If you do decide to do that, make a backup copy of your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder beforehand and place it on an external drive or somewhere else on your computer.
  • Options
    AJ007AJ007 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ever since I've downloaded Seasons, most of my previous gameplay has been deleted. I have lost builds and sims... Some of my families have members that have disappeared. Does anyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    AJ007 wrote: »
    Ever since I've downloaded Seasons, most of my previous gameplay has been deleted. I have lost builds and sims... Some of my families have members that have disappeared. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hello @AJ007
    This shouldn’t have been occurring. You could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, that was before they went missing . To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Harvestable plants around the worlds are spawning a ridiculous number of times:
    Onions:
    JqLptBt.png

Also onions:
    klu0Y4n.png

Conversely, collectables such as crystals appear not to be spawning at all.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    DeklanDeklan Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but the amount of seasonal deaths I'm having is outrageous. I haven't experienced summer yet but it's winter right now in my game and I'm having like 3 random joggers in my neighbourhood freeze to death every sim day. It's super irritating because I created every sim in my save and I have MC Command Center to handle story progression so it's not just throwaway sims I couldn't care less about. The population in my city has been cut in half.
  • Options
    Deklan wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but the amount of seasonal deaths I'm having is outrageous. I haven't experienced summer yet but it's winter right now in my game and I'm having like 3 random joggers in my neighbourhood freeze to death every sim day. It's super irritating because I created every sim in my save and I have MC Command Center to handle story progression so it's not just throwaway sims I couldn't care less about. The population in my city has been cut in half.

Hello @deklan
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

• Options
    kerrielynnekerrielynne Posts: 57 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

When I first downloaded seasons it worked perfectly. The next day when i opened the game is when my problems started.

I'm having trouble with my queue list. My sims won't perform the tasks unless I hit buy mode and then put it back in live mode or hitting the game options and then returning back to screen. I also have to do this if I want to switch sims. I can't switch sims unless i go to game options and then return to the screen. Everything is super laggy because of this.

I've repaired my game, and it made the thermometer near the time and speed disappear and when I click on it a gray box with the llama appears.

please help

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start a fresh new save game, and test to see if the issues are occurring in that new save game.

I am still having the issue without the mods. From what I've seen is that it's really only happening when I play with sims in houses. When I play with sims in apartments I don't have an issue
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    rosemow wrote: »

please help

Hello

I am still having the issue without the mods. From what I've seen is that it's really only happening when I play with sims in houses. When I play with sims in apartments I don't have an issue

I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Did it still occur in the new save game?

If it is still occurring in the new save game, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-jumping-back-Sims-freezing/td-p/6882169
  • Options
    JSpurlock85JSpurlock85 Posts: 11 New Member
    the cheats don't work and it lags some. I've tried everything I don't use mods/ccs
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    When you're in winter and go the build mode, the snow stays on the ground (unlike Sims 2) so building is harder.

Are they aware of this? It's really annoying. Sims 2 had it... how hard is it.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
  • Options
    peydaypeyday Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!
    I've been playing the Sims 4 since its release and haven't had any major bugs I couldn't deal with until the latest patch/seasons. Most notably the strange routing and/or teleporting between actions, dark and distorted lighting from map view after editing a lot, and unplayed households I created wearing bizarre clothing at community lots (i.e. snowboarding goggles with father winter hat and all leather and it's not during a festival. also all his clothing categories were set by myself)

I own all content for the Sims 4 and never play with mods or cc.

Below the first screenshot is my map view pre-seasons/patch and the second is after editing the lot. (this happens regardless of season I tested in a couple saves)

/Users/peytonnalley/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 9.14.21 AM.png
    /Users/peytonnalley/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 9.15.21 AM.png
  • Options
    amyybugg92amyybugg92 Posts: 40 Member
    Wow, I'm not having near the problems everyone else seems to be having! One thing I noticed is that when I put up the decorations on the house only about half of them actually show up. For example, there are gaps in the bunting on the eaves of the house. I also had problems with decorations on the "Christmas" Tree. The ornaments and tree skirt didn't show up even though my sims decorated it himself. (I'm on a Mac and don't use any mods.)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    amyybugg92 wrote: »
    Wow, I'm not having near the problems everyone else seems to be having! One thing I noticed is that when I put up the decorations on the house only about half of them actually show up. For example, there are gaps in the bunting on the eaves of the house. I also had problems with decorations on the "Christmas" Tree. The ornaments and tree skirt didn't show up even though my sims decorated it himself. (I'm on a Mac and don't use any mods.)

Are you on a mac ? This is a known issue for macs.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial