The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    The only bug I’ve noticed in my game is asking sims in a date is broken. The action cancels out automatically. No mods or cc and tried a repair and deleting cache files.

Will try and replicate the issue on the other pc in the house.

Hello
    Try testing with another household in your save game and see if they have issues with dates also.

I tried that and it didn’t work.

I also tried it on my husband’s pc and the same issue occurred. Both save files were brand new created yesterday. Both games are vanilla and are in two different gaming rigs.

Interestingly if I start a new game on each pc, that seems to fix the issue on both.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Was the new save game that it does work in, created today ?

Yes, I did further checking and it works on a new save file on one pc but it doesn’t work on a brand new save file created on another. I even deleted my entire sims 4 folder on that one and still no luck. I know it’s not my pc as it’s way above specifications.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,752 Member
    Thavi wrote: »
    Hi I’m having an issue too everytime I try to serve a grand meal my sims get reset and I can never serve it no matter what I do. I’ve remade my kitchen thinking maybe it was the mod furniture but still won’t work with in base furniture. Please help.

Hello @Thavi
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    BroghanBroghan Posts: 10 New Member
    Im repeating seasons and im not he only one when googling someone else posted on modthesims the same issue. im repeating spring which in turn has made all my holidays jump a week/season. I did not change the number of days in a season or anything it just started repeating spring even tho i already when though it.
  • Options
    Broghan wrote: »
    Im repeating seasons and im not he only one when googling someone else posted on modthesims the same issue. im repeating spring which in turn has made all my holidays jump a week/season. I did not change the number of days in a season or anything it just started repeating spring even tho i already when though it.

Hello
    If you have mods /cc in your game it may be causing this issue. Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues when you next are due to change seasons.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

• Options
    IAM2k3wlIAM2k3wl Posts: 2 New Member
    Ive been trying to schedule a future birthday party within the two week time frame and my event always gets started immediately. I do not have any custom content or mods in my game. Any tips on how to fix this?
  • Options
    IAM2k3wl wrote: »
    Ive been trying to schedule a future birthday party within the two week time frame and my event always gets started immediately. I do not have any custom content or mods in my game. Any tips on how to fix this?

Hello
    The issue appears to be affecting older save games, rather than new saves created since Seasons was released. You could try instead making a new save file and playing that save game.
  • Options
    HaleStorm87HaleStorm87 Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2018
    Grand meal only works during Harvestfest but not Winterfest oddly

I have the same issue.

Edit: Call to Grand Meal isn't working I mean for Winterfest. Harvestfest yes it worked.
    So the Tradition Grand Meal will not complete.

Edit2: The Tradition Grand Meal did complete but only after telling each sim to grab a serving.

• Options
    Grand meal only works during Harvestfest but not Winterfest oddly

I have the same issue.

Edit: Call to Grand Meal isn't working I mean for Winterfest. Harvestfest yes it worked.

Hello
    You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    floofy18floofy18 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ever since I've moved my sims outside of their house they can't use the stove? idk if this counts as seasons gameplay but it has started ever since I've downloaded seasons. Theres space on the counter and nothing around the stove, so it can't be an object issue but ive repaired my game and even bought a new oven- still isn't working. I'm wondering if someone can help me?
  • Options
    floofy18 wrote: »
    Ever since I've moved my sims outside of their house they can't use the stove? idk if this counts as seasons gameplay but it has started ever since I've downloaded seasons. Theres space on the counter and nothing around the stove, so it can't be an object issue but ive repaired my game and even bought a new oven- still isn't working. I'm wondering if someone can help me?

Hello.
    Where is the stove located now? Is it outdoors?If it is, the weather conditions may perhaps be a part of the issue.
    If there is any overhanging items, remove them and see if that helps. Try changing the furnishings into different positions and see if that helps.
  • Options
    BraverrinBraverrin Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or something that needs to be tweaked, but drinking tea from the personal tea brewer gives the dying from heat warning/debuff. I play in a household with 2 sims, they are both in their everyday clothes. They both have all of the new temperature based traits so they're not as affected by temperatures. The thermostat is off and it is cold outside. One sim will drink a cup of tea and get the +99 uncomfortable debuff, the other is fine. As she was starting to die, I tried turning the thermostat to cold, and she had both the morgue-like debuff and the same heat warning debuff. I reloaded to an earlier save (same sim day, just a few hours earlier), switched to her summer clothes, turned off the fireplace that was in a completely different room, had her drink tea, and same result. I do have cc/mods in my game (I haven't tried without it yet) but it just seems really extreme that drinking 1 cup of tea with the aforementioned situation will still lead to the last warning before death.
  • Options
    Braverrin wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or something that needs to be tweaked, but drinking tea from the personal tea brewer gives the dying from heat warning/debuff. I play in a household with 2 sims, they are both in their everyday clothes. They both have all of the new temperature based traits so they're not as affected by temperatures. The thermostat is off and it is cold outside. One sim will drink a cup of tea and get the +99 uncomfortable debuff, the other is fine. As she was starting to die, I tried turning the thermostat to cold, and she had both the morgue-like debuff and the same heat warning debuff. I reloaded to an earlier save (same sim day, just a few hours earlier), switched to her summer clothes, turned off the fireplace that was in a completely different room, had her drink tea, and same result. I do have cc/mods in my game (I haven't tried without it yet) but it just seems really extreme that drinking 1 cup of tea with the aforementioned situation will still lead to the last warning before death.

Hello @Braverrin

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    @rosemow I have tried replacing the lot and it did not work.
    However, removing all cc did seem to work. Any idea how I can locate which items could be causing this?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    sanarith wrote: »
    @rosemow I have tried replacing the lot and it did not work.
    However, removing all cc did seem to work. Any idea how I can locate which items could be causing this?

Hello @sanarith
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 89 Member
    Since installing seasons my spliced plants don’t seem to work. I can graft one plant onto another and will get the grafted fruit/flower, but not what I am trying to make. For example if I graft strawberry and daisy I can harvest both of those from the plant, but the bonsai buds never appear. I have tried most grafting combinations and have the same issue each time (except lemon and pear which produces lemons and plantains but not pears).

I have no mods. I have repaired and re-set my game. I have re-planted all plants and spliced again after the repair but still can only get the original harvestables. My plants are in planter boxes in a greenhouse so in/out of season shouldn’t be an issue.
  • Options
    Illandrya wrote: »
    Since installing seasons my spliced plants don’t seem to work. I can graft one plant onto another and will get the grafted fruit/flower, but not what I am trying to make. For example if I graft strawberry and daisy I can harvest both of those from the plant, but the bonsai buds never appear. I have tried most grafting combinations and have the same issue each time (except lemon and pear which produces lemons and plantains but not pears).

I have no mods. I have repaired and re-set my game. I have re-planted all plants and spliced again after the repair but still can only get the original harvestables. My plants are in planter boxes in a greenhouse so in/out of season shouldn’t be an issue.

Hello @Illandrya
    There have been other simmers who have posted about this occurring. You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback on the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 89 Member
    Will do, thanks Rosemow
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    @rosemow Ah, I found it. Some of my script mods weren't updated properly! Thank you!
  • Options
    sanarith wrote: »
    @rosemow Ah, I found it. Some of my script mods weren't updated properly! Thank you!

It is good that you have found the cause of your issues :)
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    At the spa, my sim puts gloves on when she changes into her robe.
  • Options
    KarstenmausKarstenmaus Posts: 32 Member
    Hello everybody,

Today I noticed how many bugs are in game has since (the last update) and the latest expansion pack "4 seasons".

Family tree:

The family chronology of mostly the mothers, is not displayed from the perspective of children or other descendants or disappears completely.

Family relationships are no longer displayed in the social menu.

Time settings:

The game often hangs or time runs very slowly at the fastest speed.

In general, the time is often "spooled back" and jumps for exp. : 13:45 - 12:20 - 13:40 - 11:59 in between the time runs "fast" 1-2 Sim hours and then it jumps back again. Needs continue to decline, which makes it worse, because when Sims are at work it almost completely starved or completely tired if they were at work for about 12 hours rather than 8 hours (as time bounces back and forth )

Needs:

Needs sink more and can sometimes be difficult to rebuild (or it takes a relatively long time to fill the "fun" needs completely)

objects:

If the toilet is dirty, and my Sim cleans it, He cleans it "endlessly", so I have to cancel the action and it's just still dirty.

The single beds (not all) but most of them sometimes cause problems with the Sims, so the Bed (Sleeping) item remains in the To-Do Bar, and new actions are aborted or not even started.

So that's all from me, hope that the bugs, and other which I have not discovered yet, will be deleted soon.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 340 Member
    I have bumped into one issue. The neighbors won't take off their holiday decorations, even if the corresponding holiday was over few days ago. They won't be removed even if I visit them, and only seems to happen in the neighborhood where my household lives in.

Another issue that I saw is that in the calendar, when the game generates the summer days for the next year, the holidays that I had for the summer doesn't appear in the calendar. I do not know if this will fix itself as I go further into the year, but I would just like to have some confirmation on whether this is normal.

I do not have CC or mods.
  • Options
    krissycakeskrissycakes Posts: 1 New Member
    Objects do not snap to the new Rack 'Em Stack 'Em Bookshelf correctly; they float, which can be seen on a Sim-level in game.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,776 Member
    Objects do not snap to the new Rack 'Em Stack 'Em Bookshelf correctly; they float, which can be seen on a Sim-level in game.

Seems to work ok for me. Are you using moo or mods/cc ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial