The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with seasons gameplay

Comments

• Options
    SOHare1981SOHare1981 Posts: 4 New Member
    > Hello @SOHare1981
    > I just tested this in my game and it is working correctly.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    >
    > Try also testing in a new save game and see if the issue remains.

I went as far as deleting my whole Sims 4 folder to have it regenerate as new, repaired the game like three times. Tried it in different seasons...because I thought it might be because the season I started on was a new one (winter). I still can't get my individual rooms to replace rooms in San Myshuno in the apartments. Before in my game I could place rooms and the objects that cluttered the rooms would just disappear, but now the old items still stay in place, and make it an a huge cluttered mess with both items from the new room and items from the old rooms.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,752 Member
    SOHare1981 wrote: »
    > Hello @SOHare1981
    > I just tested this in my game and it is working correctly.
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    >
    > Try also testing in a new save game and see if the issue remains.

I went as far as deleting my whole Sims 4 folder to have it regenerate as new, repaired the game like three times. Tried it in different seasons...because I thought it might be because the season I started on was a new one (winter). I still can't get my individual rooms to replace rooms in San Myshuno in the apartments. Before in my game I could place rooms and the objects that cluttered the rooms would just disappear, but now the old items still stay in place, and make it an a huge cluttered mess with both items from the new room and items from the old rooms.

I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues when you place the room.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    While trying to load a saved household/game after installing Seasons I get this error:

"The game failed to load. Error Code: 110:7de8fcb9:98c697b0. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."

Well, relaunching the game just gives the same error. I've repaired the game twice, too.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    While trying to load a saved household/game after installing Seasons I get this error:

"The game failed to load. Error Code: 110:7de8fcb9:98c697b0. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."

Well, relaunching the game just gives the same error. I've repaired the game twice, too.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,633 Member
    Is there anywhere that someone has listed all the seasons bugs reported?

It seems like it would be a good idea to keep a list somewhere for the devs to check, as there seem so many (and some so major) this time around.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I don't know if anyone has posted this, but Seasons has broken the CL festivals, the music box speakers shut off in the rain, and come on when it starts raining, even though that is annoying the most damage to the festivals is Geek Con that uses electronics for its contests, so none of the objects work in the rain. The computers break in the rain, but fix themselves when they dry, kind of weird. The other locations that may be affected are the GT party locations, like the Ancient Ruins party and the party at the Bluff. Since there is no way to know the weather when the dance party invitations come out we may get sent to a Dance Party with no working DJ Booth with a lot of sims standing around with there thumbs in the air. I haven't really confirm this but this may also be the problem with the calendar, as the event system won't knowing accept a event if the goal items can't be used. There is also the busy thing on the Calendar I notice the calendar tries to find days that are free in the house for the party, they don't realize sims can take days off, so I believe the two things might be the same or different problems. Please put shelters over geek con gaming systems and computers, also please add shelters of the dance floor and DJ Booth.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Twilighter93Twilighter93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone! I am having an issue since i downloaded the game. In CAS i can't choose the colour of what i am wearing(I can't even click on the other options)...i don't know if someone else is experiencing this. Only few colours work and I really don't know why (I don't use Mods - I deleted them before i downloaded Seasons). For now, that's my biggest problem with the game! Can someone help me?

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone! I am having an issue since i downloaded the game. In CAS i can't choose the colour of what i am wearing(I can't even click on the other options)...i don't know if someone else is experiencing this. Only few colours work and I really don't know why (I don't use Mods - I deleted them before i downloaded Seasons). For now, that's my biggest problem with the game! Can someone help me?

Thank you so much!

Hello @Twilighter93
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Playing on the monkey bars does not count towards a child's exercise holiday tradition. Has anyone found what does work?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Playing on the monkey bars does not count towards a child's exercise holiday tradition. Has anyone found what does work?

Hello
    Try having your child sim play on the pirate ship or spaceship and see if that works.
  • Options
    XEmilyRoseXsimsXEmilyRoseXsims Posts: 16 New Member
    My sims sometimes won't move and only their heads move a bit. They won't continue performing their tasks till I click the menu options with the three dots and click out of it. It keeps happening though. Also i have noticed that when my sims are walking to something they are lagging sometimes and reset themselves.
  • Options
    My sims sometimes won't move and only their heads move a bit. They won't continue performing their tasks till I click the menu options with the three dots and click out of it. It keeps happening though. Also i have noticed that when my sims are walking to something they are lagging sometimes and reset themselves.

Hello
    Sometimes when the sims won’t move, pressing pause then waiting a few seconds, then going back to normal speed can help. Also pressing the M key and cancelling travelling can help.
  • Options
    SOHare1981SOHare1981 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > I went as far as deleting my whole Sims 4 folder to have it regenerate as new, repaired the game like three times. Tried it in different seasons...because I thought it might be because the season I started on was a new one (winter). I still can't get my individual rooms to replace rooms in San Myshuno in the apartments. Before in my game I could place rooms and the objects that cluttered the rooms would just disappear, but now the old items still stay in place, and make it an a huge cluttered mess with both items from the new room and items from the old rooms.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues when you place the room.

Still having the issue. The only work around I found is to completely empty the apartment, then place my rooms. Bit extra work but it works. I also tried uploading a room with no cc onto onto the gallery but
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    SOHare1981 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > I went as far as deleting my whole Sims 4 folder to have it regenerate as new, repaired the game like three times. Tried it in different seasons...because I thought it might be because the season I started on was a new one (winter). I still can't get my individual rooms to replace rooms in San Myshuno in the apartments. Before in my game I could place rooms and the objects that cluttered the rooms would just disappear, but now the old items still stay in place, and make it an a huge cluttered mess with both items from the new room and items from the old rooms.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues when you place the room.

Still having the issue. The only work around I found is to completely empty the apartment, then place my rooms. Bit extra work but it works. I also tried uploading a room with no cc onto onto the gallery but

I am sorry that you are having this issue :(
    I am just checking that you have tried testing this in a fresh new save game ?
    You could try posting on the Build Mode feedback thread and BryonyRae may be able to help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-now-testing-patch-6-19-18#latest
    Edit : i have been doing some more testing and can now reproduce what is occurring in your game. I have now found the issue occurring in apartments but not in normal lots. New rooms do delete items when placed in lots but not in apartments. It seems to be limited to apartments.
    You may need to keep doing your workaround. I am sorry :(
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2018
    @SageRainWillow, It should when the child completes his motor skill requirement, the adult skills will unlock.

Edit: The holiday tradictions are adult skills, if children max out there childhood skills the adult skills assocated with a childhood skill will unlock with a learning rate gain attached to them. If a holiday comes and it says the sim is ignoring that tradiction, it means they are not old enough to complete the tradiction, but some tradictions can be completed by children once they reach the adult skill level for the skill requirement for that holiday.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    TXMoongloTXMoonglo Posts: 1 New Member
    I have noticed a pretty big memory leak when in build mode since Seasons has released. It is noticeable to me while placing wall and floor patterns in both Windenburg and Willow Creek so far. When I ctrl + alt + del to task manager it shows Sims 4 is using around 2000 MB of memory and about 10% of the CPU. I have to restart my game and computer to clear the memory. About an hour later it is built back up and takes a very long time to place floor and wall patterns, if it works at all. I do not have any mods running when this happens. I never noticed this problem until after Seasons was downloaded onto my computer.

Thanks!
  • Options
    jupejuperocketjupejuperocket Posts: 31 Member
    Patchy has disappeared on me. I received a call to join Garden Gnomes, left the lot, and when I got home, Patchy was gone. I can't seem to find his Sim ID, so I can't use the cheat to summon him, and I can't invite him over. I can, however, call and text him.
    New houses going up all the time!
    Search the Gallery for ID jupejuperocket
  • Options
    TXMoonglo wrote: »
    I have noticed a pretty big memory leak when in build mode since Seasons has released. It is noticeable to me while placing wall and floor patterns in both Windenburg and Willow Creek so far. When I ctrl + alt + del to task manager it shows Sims 4 is using around 2000 MB of memory and about 10% of the CPU. I have to restart my game and computer to clear the memory. About an hour later it is built back up and takes a very long time to place floor and wall patterns, if it works at all. I do not have any mods running when this happens. I never noticed this problem until after Seasons was downloaded onto my computer.

Thanks!

Hello @TXMoonglo
    Other simmers are also having this issue, You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Extreme-Lag-When-placing-wallpaper-on-walls/m-p/6872282#M63488
  • Options
    Patchy has disappeared on me. I received a call to join Garden Gnomes, left the lot, and when I got home, Patchy was gone. I can't seem to find his Sim ID, so I can't use the cheat to summon him, and I can't invite him over. I can, however, call and text him.

Hello
    Is his tree still there? If it is, he may return later that day.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > jupejuperocket wrote: »
    >
    > Patchy has disappeared on me. I received a call to join Garden Gnomes, left the lot, and when I got home, Patchy was gone. I can't seem to find his Sim ID, so I can't use the cheat to summon him, and I can't invite him over. I can, however, call and text him.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Is his tree still there? If it is, he may return later that day.

His tree is still there. It's been three days since he disappeared.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > jupejuperocket wrote: »
    >
    > Patchy has disappeared on me. I received a call to join Garden Gnomes, left the lot, and when I got home, Patchy was gone. I can't seem to find his Sim ID, so I can't use the cheat to summon him, and I can't invite him over. I can, however, call and text him.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Is his tree still there? If it is, he may return later that day.

His tree is still there. It's been three days since he disappeared.

You could perhaps try going into build mode, and moving his tree to another position, and this may make him return. Save the game before doing this just in case you want to exit the game without saving, due to issues.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > You could perhaps try going into build mode, and moving his tree to another position, and this may make him return. Save the game before doing this just in case you want to exit the game without saving, due to issues.

I've tried doing this. Tried restarting the game. Tried shift click debug on the tree in testing cheats mode.

Also, I'm not running any mods.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:

>
    > You could perhaps try going into build mode, and moving his tree to another position, and this may make him return. Save the game before doing this just in case you want to exit the game without saving, due to issues.

I've tried doing this. Tried restarting the game. Tried shift click debug on the tree in testing cheats mode.

Also, I'm not running any mods.

I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

If you haven’t already done this, try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again and see if that helps. Try doing some gardening and see if that will bring him.
  • Options
    kerrielynnekerrielynne Posts: 57 Member
    I tried reading through the list but I didn't see if this was already written.

When I first downloaded seasons it worked perfectly. The next day when i opened the game is when my problems started.

I'm having trouble with my queue list. My sims won't perform the tasks unless I hit buy mode and then put it back in live mode or hitting the game options and then returning back to screen. I also have to do this if I want to switch sims. I can't switch sims unless i go to game options and then return to the screen. Everything is super laggy because of this.

I took out my mods and had the same problem.
    I've repaired my game, and it made the thermometer near the time and speed disappear and when I click on it a gray box with the llama appears.
    I've also deleted the localthumbcache and nothing changed.

please help