Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is the apartment mailbox hidden?!

Sorry for posting this stupid question, but i have been looking everywhere my imagination reached to! :?

It just seem to be non-existing in my game, unless i looked in the wrong places?

I looked in:

Decor
Appliances
Electricity
Debug
Even in storage! :)

And i dont see it anywhere. - Sometimes some items will magically disappear for a while and then come back (think its a Late Night bug), and that might explain it, but otherwise I cant figure out where its hidden.
Do you know where they are hiding it?

Comments

• Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It's in the DeBug menu. I'm not sure where, but it's in there.
  • Options
    Jonny_EpidemicJonny_Epidemic Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2011
    ahaha i would also like to know this. My apartments don't have mail boxes either... but the repo guy never comes so...
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited February 2011
    No, they ARE hidden. There is a mod that allows apartment mailboxes to be used, but I dont have it.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2011
    Interesting, who should i believe? :)

I did look in the debug and i did not fiend it there, so Docksprock you might be right, but i hope your not! :)
    - I dont use mods... so im like: Really? :shock: I need a mod to build an apartment???

I found the apartment trash-thing for the stairs and the "buzz"-in system (sorry :?: ), so it seems kind of odd to me if the mailbox is not accessible...Doesnt it?

Jonny_Epedemic you say your apartment work whit out it? You just get notifications about the bills or...?
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited February 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    Interesting, who should i believe? :)

I did look in the debug and i did not fiend it there, so Docksprock you might be right, but i hope your not! :)
    - I dont use mods... so im like: Really? :shock: I need a mod to build an apartment???

I found the apartment trash-thing for the stairs and the "buzz"-in system (sorry :?: ), so it seems kind of odd to me if the mailbox is not accessible...Doesnt it?

Jonny_Epedemic you say your apartment work whit out it? You just get notifications about the bills or...?

It's like Docsprock said. It's hidden and you'll need a mod.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2011
    Really? Ah! Thats so unfair!

*looking for a smiley face that looks rather pouting*

But thanks for helping out everyone!

- Guess i just have to leave them with the one house mail box and hope for the best... :)
  • Options
    daisypoo200daisypoo200 Posts: 14
    edited June 2011
    i think its really frustrating that the apartment mailboxes are hidden?? i mean its a step back fron sims 2 apartments isn't it! you'd think they'd make it easier to make your own apartments without having to even use the debug cheats!!! its crazy!! :S
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    i think its really frustrating that the apartment mailboxes are hidden?? i mean its a step back fron sims 2 apartments isn't it! you'd think they'd make it easier to make your own apartments without having to even use the debug cheats!!! its crazy!! :S

This is old thread and welcome to the forum
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited June 2011
    to let you know there is no apartment mail box in buy mode,bill mode or edit town comunity sce and its ISNT in the cheat Buydebug either. so no you cant build your own appartment from scratch. How ever like some others have said if you use mods and cc you might find it.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Designs2GoDesigns2Go Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2011
    YOU MUST USE A SHELL!
    Actually I don't know because Ive never done it before.
  • Options
    diddy12diddy12 Posts: 81
    edited August 2011
    I guess you could allways build on an apartment with a mailbox then just demolish the rest of it and build from there with the pre-existing mailbox.
    Hope this helps.
    :-)
  • Options
    lovechemicallovechemical Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    Are we allowed to post links to modding sites here? Here is a mod which places the mailbox in buydebug and the trash chute in misc. appliances. Both are fully functional but you can only have one mailbox per lot.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=424060
  • Options
    HermianeHermiane Posts: 1
    edited October 2012

well what i do is i go onto bridgeport (i think thats how it spelt) along the front lots i also dont know there names but there is a homebuilt apartment what i do is i go onto it and i delete everything but the mailbox and then i build my own i hope this helps
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited October 2012
    It drives me crazy that the mailboxes can't be accessed in buydebug, as I don't want to use mods. I completely redid an apartment recently and somehow managed to accidentally delete the mailbox in the apartment and couldn't get it back.
  • Options
    Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    edited October 2012
    You do not have to download a MOD etc. All you have to do is go into a premade building that has an apartment mailbox. Then, instead of trying to Copy the mailbox by using the eyedropper tool, use the Create tool, which allows you to change the color of the object etc. Then once you create a new custom color, Upload your creation. Exit out of the game, upload it and then download it into your game. Once it is downloaded, do the "testingcheatsenabled on" cheat, then do the "buydebug" cheat and finally do the "restrictbuildbuyinbuildingscheat off" and FINALLY- once you click on the buydebug question mark in buymode, scroll down and you will see the mailbox as an option. You can add it to your custom made building. Sounds complicated but it is not. Follow all the upload steps as you would if you were uploading a family or an object. I prefer this method instead of downloading MODS or content from unknown sims sources. Try it, it works! It worked fine for me.
  • Options
    SJGameCSSJGameCS Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2014
    AHA! I've found it! It's in the Debug menu, right next to the daylight ceiling lights. Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    Frank_The_Simmer_32Frank_The_Simmer_32 Posts: 42 Member
    For console gamers like myself, we cannot mod console games. Maybe a patch might acquire us the elevator or apartment mailboxes for a Penthouse in San Myshuno. The city map in City Living. Although I've considered the apartment mailbox on my porch on my rather three-story mansion I've built myself in Willow Creek.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    For console gamers like myself, we cannot mod console games. Maybe a patch might acquire us the elevator or apartment mailboxes for a Penthouse in San Myshuno. The city map in City Living. Although I've considered the apartment mailbox on my porch on my rather three-story mansion I've built myself in Willow Creek.

@Frank_The_Simmer_32, you might want to post this over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2011.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-help-center

Link for new members who might have issues with TS4:
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    lisasc360 wrote: »

@Frank_The_Simmer_32, you might want to post this over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2011.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-help-center

Link for new members who might have issues with TS4:
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest

Got it in one :) Thanks @lisasc360. I'll lock this thread now.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top