Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming vs Tropical pack

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I want both but farming just a little bit more mainly because it's completely new. At the same time, I need swimmable oceans and mermaids back.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I want both farming and tropical vacations as themes. I'm not preferring one over the other because I want to see both.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2018
    I love the farm life but the bigger my Smallwoods's family farm gets the more help I need. I would like to be able to hire a crew to help with the labor of my crop. I have planet every Tree and Vegetables, Fruit and Herb. Its been hard with the one guy I can professionally hire.
    Post edited by samsims on
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    I need a Vacation
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm still waiting for a Sims 4 Superstar EP too. My sims need fameeeee and reconition.

This would be great, but I don't think TS3 did it all that well with Showtime. I want recording studios and all that jazz and an actual band/singer interactive career.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I'd much prefer a farming pack. It'd add interesting game elements we've never seen before and looking after farm animals seems fun to me, not a chore. I also loved horses in TS3 and I'd love to see them return.

A tropical pack just isn't of my interest. It'd be used every once in a while when my sims want to go to the beach, but would otherwise go unused.

What does TS3 Showtime have to do with that though.

I was very fond of TS1 Superstar and hope TS4 gets the same treatment.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I grew up in a village so a farming pack would be a nice touch to the game. I would like some rustic and cottagy build/buy, some animals to take care of like chickens and pigs, and potentially a small new world like in the vampire pack? But I would also be super happy to have a tropical pack of it introduced things such as a beach vacation world, pool items lounge chairs, sun tanning, sandcastle building.... just both are great and I would be perfectly happy with either one :) I hope we will see another expansion in Q4 this year.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd prefer a farming pack. Farming would be new as an EP, tropical has already been there (Island Paradise) and I have to admit that "tropical" was not much fun to me!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    evealexandraevealexandra Posts: 10 New Member
    Farming would be interesting and would allow for horses to be involved in the game!
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Deffo tropical! Its been 4 years since the release of Sims 4 and I cannot believe there hasn't already been a beach world! The closest we have is Oasis Springs, however that's more of a Nevada/Vegas style and lacks the beaches seen in Island Paradise and Sunlit Tides.

I feel as though a farming pack would be very limited as to the audience, as I personally have never played with gardening, never used laundry and generally don't play with that aspect of the game. As someone who owns every pack from both Sims 3 and Sims 4, I do feel as though a farming pack may be the first one in years I have not purchased.

Oasis Springs is a desert world not a beach imo. The closest to a beach is the island in Windenburg, it doesn't really have palm trees but it does have sand and ocean.

zkEC6Rd.jpg
    AX88129.png
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    I'd love some new worlds like these fan made ones:

r34mCCP.jpg
    QF36dNd.jpg
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2018
    I want both. If I could only choose one, it would be Tropical, but not including Farming would really be a shame. Sure, many people don't want farming, but there are many people who don't want many packs (ex. simmers who hate supernaturals, but many love and need them in the game). It's impossible to please everyone, so if there are enough people who want a certain pack, then they can go for it.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    definitely farming. i've been dying for a proper fleshed-out farming pack for years now, including off-the-grid living and a small world like forgotten hollow. it'd work so well with seasons!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Smallwoods's family farm at 123and4Sims in the gallery
    [img][/img]KIPhMLI.jpg
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2018
    tropical, always.
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I voted for tropical because I want my sun burns, tanning, and lounge chairs. And also because farming sounds boring and linear.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would love to see horses in the game again, with riding classes, breeding, and an equestrian career/aspiration. However, i have no interest in a full-fleged farm pack. At least not right now.

The game has has gardening and crops since day one. On the other hand, there have been no pool and beach activities, nor any system for hotels.

I’m hoping that, once water-based activities are introduced, they will be available in all subsequent worlds, not soley as a vacation functions. Beaches and pools are also a part of everyday life for many people in the world. My parents grew up in a country where they had both the Atlantic And Pacific oceans as their playgrounds, rivers too. So, it is incorrect to assume that beach living is only for destination travel.

That being said, i hope that, eventually, there will also be a farm pack, since it seems to be a popular idea.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I voted Tropical but I don't have a strong preference on this one, both ideas seem cool.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Surprised it's 50/50. I love tropical but chose farming because it hasn't been done before. A tropical pack could always come later.
  • Options
    TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    Wow How so many people prefer farming to tropical is beyond me.