Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming vs Tropical pack

alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member

As we know, SimGuruGrant has asked people on Twitter to vote on what features they would love in a farming pack. A lot of people though do not want a farming pack at all and they would prefer a tropical pack that includes the ability to swim in the ocean and other beach related activities.

So, my question is do you want a farming pack or a tropical one?

Farming vs Tropical pack 217 votes

Farming
48% 105 votes
Tropical
51% 112 votes

Comments

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I still want a Farming pack. There have been simmers who have been waiting for a farming pack for years.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The tropics are boring.

Farming could be something new and interesting.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I don’t think they conflict at all. We could have both, in two different packs.
    It’s just a matter of priority.
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I really would like a farming pack. But as a compromise, what about a tropical farming pack? Would love to have some pineapples and cocoa beans.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I mainly want farming pack for horses, but it got my vote either way.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2018
    I want them all. I want a farming pack where you take care of whether cows or goats or sheep, and hen. And I definitely want off the grid to be a part of it. It does make sense and I would also like to live that way IRL (but this will never happen, sadly).

And I need a tropical BEACH vacation so badly as well.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I really want a tropical beach location for my sims to vacation/honeymoon at, but I don’t really feel the need to have a true tropical themed neighborhood. Maybe something with a Mediterranean feel would be nice, with Italian/Spanish influences. Windenburg has an English seaside feel to me, where as Brindleton Bay is more Cape Cod. I’d personally rather have swimmable beaches and beach activities connected to a vacation world. Would make the interactions feel a bit more special to me.

I’ve wanted a legitimate farming pack for YEARS. Years and years. Since I first started with the sims. We’ve always just gotten little tastes of what farming could be in the sims, but they have never gone all the way with it. I want a pack where they do.

I want to be able to have a horse ranch that focuses on training and competing.

I want to be able to have a livestock farm, with cows and goats for milking and butter and cheese making, and chickens for eggs, and bees for honey, and pigs. The ability to sell animals for meat that can be used to make better quality recipes, and more recipes in general.

I want to be able to make a crop farm, with more growable plants than ever. Give me corn, green beans, pumpkins and squash, eggplant, lettuce and kale, red and purple onion, different kinds of mushrooms and grapes, oranges, grapefruit, limes, apricots, figs, and all the berries you can think of. Let’s have transportable stalls for our sims to sell their harvest out of. Incorporate canning into the game, so that we can make jams, jellies, and apple butter for our sims to slather in their toast and bagels. And nectar making. Please please please nectar making. If we ever get a Mediterranean world, that world will need a family that owns a nectar vineyard living in it.

So for me, give me all the farming. Yes I want a beach and beach stuff too, but I know that I’d get a lot more gameplay out of a farming game pack.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I'd like both in fact.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think they both sound nice, but a tropical vacation pack would be more marketable than a farming pack. I suspect Grant was right when he speculated farming wouldn’t perform as good as other ideas for his next poll. With farming there is only so much content they could include that would be entertaining, and not a grind.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Both, please
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd way rather have a Farming pack. That's everyday play, not special for going on holidays.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think they both sound nice, but a tropical vacation pack would be more marketable than a farming pack. I suspect Grant was right when he speculated farming wouldn’t perform as good as other ideas for his next poll. With farming there is only so much content they could include that would be entertaining, and not a grind.

The best part of The Sims 2 was the grind. Honestly.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The best part of The Sims 2 was the grind. Honestly.

I disagree. I didn’t feel Sims 2 was a grind, but we all play differently.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    I voted for the Farming pack. Beach activities are my least favorite in the sims games. The only thing I really liked about Island Paradise was the resort management.
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    i want tropical. i never had any interest in farming. seems like more chores for my sims to do instead of fun.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Both... but farming more, because it would be every day gameplay instead of 'once in a blue moon when my Sims can go on vacations' gameplay.

I'd totally move off my Sims to a farm.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It would really have to depend on what features each pack comes with because if a tropical pack came without surfing I'd easily pick farming over it and if the farming pack had no way to really farm meat which is the reason most farm animals are raised I'd pick tropical. But say both had the features I was looking for I'd have to go with tropical just because I need surfing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    farming as a theme just doesn't appeal to me at all
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I love animals but farming seems kind of boring to me and I'm not sure how it would even work.
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Unpopular opinion, but I don't want a farming pack.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    That's a tough one for me, though since I already live in a somewhat tropical beach environment already the idea is stale to me and would by-and-large prefer farming instead.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Both, but tropical first, please.
    At the moment I can (and do) fake running a farm and also vacationing at the beach. But the fake beach vacations are a royal pain in the backside involving hacks and poses, so I'd welcome the real thing very, very much.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I want both!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    First farming! :D

But I'm fine with getting both :naughty:
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I'm very indifferent to both, to be honest. :(

Farming runs the risk of becoming too focused on repeating necessary tasks vs. telling a story, and I'm not much of a fan of beaches/tropical beach vacations. I guess I'd choose Farming ultimately, because I don't send my sims on vacation very often and a tropical vacation location would end up getting much less use.

I mean, I'd probably buy them both eventually. Let's be real about that.

Especially if it means I can have a pig.
    a63ftuN.png