Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    jenellenjenellen Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey so I figured out a workaround for the column placement issue! At least on the first level... delete all the flooring and place the columns and then put your flooring back. Removing the flooring should allow you the rotate the column as you please. Although if you WANT it to auto-fit the wall I'm not sure how to force it to do that.
  • Options
    Daemon6Daemon6 Posts: 3 New Member
    9/22/15 Please add grid counts as we used to have in TS3, so that we don't need to manually count the number of floor or wall tiles to set up or fit into specific dimensions

Please add grid counts as we used to have in TS3, so that we don't need to manually count the number of floor or wall tiles to set up or fit into specific dimensions

Please add grid counts as we used to have in TS3, so that we don't need to manually count the number of floor or wall tiles to set up or fit into specific dimensions

I do not understand why this feature was removed. It makes no sense at all. It's such a simple, regular function. Instead of forcing players to meticulously count (and often recount) walls, you could have added this simple feature. I cannot believe that it would be a programming issue. Nor could it be a performance issue. It simply makes no sense to not have this feature.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Daemon6 wrote: »
    9/22/15 Please add grid counts as we used to have in TS3, so that we don't need to manually count the number of floor or wall tiles to set up or fit into specific dimensions.

I choose to self identify as a counter for re-counter. While I often build freehand, when I am working from a very carefully thought out floor plan on graph paper especially an intricate one that would be lovely feature
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    The brown version of the Bath At Arms styled room is raised higher than the other versions in the catalog.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2018
    I fixed it, the round roof just cant be that close to a wall, it had to be extended with a straight section away from the wall - not what I was going for but ok.
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Glad you worked it out @Nectere - they can be kind of awkward.

To all: just in case you haven't heard, today's patch brings us glass roofs! Yes, full on glass roofs with multiple styles! I cannot wait to get in there and check them out, and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone builds with them. :) And, as always, please report any funkiness here!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Pasting from my thread in bugs, maybe someone else has experienced this as well with the new patch
    Hello im building a house that got a diagonal room (id post a picture of the problem but the sims forum crashes everytime i try to paste in the image URL for some reason). Anyways, im trying to place the roof on the second floor, it got a ceiling and the walls are all connected but the game doesnt acknowledge it as a second floor and keeps trying to place the roof on the first floor. Even when im on the second floor. I never had this problem before this update, ive restarted my computer and repaired the game but its still not working.

The only mods/CC i got is a pair of custom eyelashes and ea lashes remover, ive put them out of my game and placed them one by one but the issue still remain.

Anything else i can? Litterally killed building for me=/

I think the second floor is glitching out as the ceiling/floor continuesly disappear depending on where i move my mouse at. Its very frustrating as it makes a horrible experience to build. Its making me go crazy=/

I learned that placing already full fletched rooms (4 walls, floor and cieling) allows you to place roofs on top. But i build with the single wall tool and for some reason when i connect the walls, its not considered a room or so.
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Is anyone else having trouble lighting fireplaces? I have tried to light mine and she goes through the animation but nothing happens. If I click on it again the option to light it is still there. No mods in my game. Tried all fireplaces and I get the same result. Have only tried in it my current save and have not tried to repair the game yet. Just want to see if its only me before I go through all of that.
  • Options
    Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    Kementari wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble lighting fireplaces? I have tried to light mine and she goes through the animation but nothing happens. If I click on it again the option to light it is still there. No mods in my game. Tried all fireplaces and I get the same result. Have only tried in it my current save and have not tried to repair the game yet. Just want to see if its only me before I go through all of that.

Same here.
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited June 2018
    A couple things I have noticed after the update.

Clothes are not drying on clothes line, it has been 4 sims days and they are still showing as damp.

I like the changes with the garden plants, except after 4 sims days the plants still do not need watering and the option to hire a professional gardener is gone.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @WiggleyTuff no issues with diagonals and roofs in my game, even with using the wall tool instead of room or custom room tool. One thing I'd advise is to turn on your grid lines if you don't already have them on (press G). It makes placement of things like roofs much more precise, and I'm wondering if that's what's causing you problems. If that doesn't help, I know you've already done a repair, but I'd advise 1) removing ALL mods/CC, 2) clearing your cache, 3) repairing the game, and 4) starting a new save to test in.

@Kementari and @Elliee1984 yes, this issue has been reported by multiple people, and I see you created an AHQ thread for it. For anyone else experiencing it, please go to the thread and click on "Me Too" so that it will get fixed more quickly!

@gmcrozier I would advise reporting both of those issues on AHQ.

I'm doing some testing, and it looks like there have been a lot of small, undocumented build/buy fixes in this patch. Will give you all the round-up once I'm finished. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi Ms Bry!! hmmm, not so much as a bug but a 'new' maybe by accident, little hiccup. I have a saved rooms with spliced herbs and plants and Ms Hilly's perfect flower room that I use for builds. Well ..... with the new plant patch, it doesn't show me WHICH spliced plants are included. All it says is 'Spliced Plant'. I thought maybe when it was harvest time, the game would show me what was being harvested. Nope. Just Spliced plant. I DO LIKE the research option!!

One more small thing I've noticed. I can't seen to get my Skill and Trait cheats to work. Moo, Rewards and Hidden Objects work still. Will dive in a little more tomorrow.

Toodles♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    @BryonyRae well the save is already new as i did a fresh re install yesterday before the patch. Ill try cleating the cache=/ i always have the grid on... if it doesnt work ill just have to change the way i build which is very frustrating
  • Options
    Well i think i fixed it, somehow the save file was corrupted even though it was brand new=/ Now im having another problem, Maxis is labelling all my builds as if the build itself got custom content on it. Which is weird cuz i dont use any build and buy CC as i believe there are plenty with game itself=/ I guess ill constantly have to pull out my mod folder everytime i wanna play, if that fixes the issue.-. I dont believe its right of maxis to label my build having CC when it clearly doesnt. (The only thing i got built is walls and roofs, no wallpaper nor windows or doors).

Maybe its always been there but ive never had an issue with this before, even when i did have CC and mods. My houses were never labeled like that cuz they never had any CC in them=/
  • Options
    @WiggleyTuff yes, builds getting marked as having CC when they don't is a common issue that can be caused by seemingly unrelated mods/CC. Your safest bet is to either determine which specific mod/CC is causing the issue by removing them one at a time and testing or by removing all of them when you are ready to upload your build and then replacing them afterward. Even mods/CC that were behaving okay before could be causing problems now due to changes in the patch.
  • Options
    @Cassee from what I've seen on Twitch, the devs are aware of the broken cheats since the patch. As for the splicing, I'd recommend either tweeting to them about it or posting a thread on AHQ. It's not the type of thing I would test since I don't actually play enough in live mode to work with planting/harvests, but there are a lot of people on AHQ that do.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    @WiggleyTuff i’ve Gotten the dreaded blue wrench for using tray to put a more flattering front photo on the gallery and for having paint by refence paintings. I don’t know if those factors apply for you but they could be possible sources.
  • Options
    Just a heads up, all. As I've been experimenting with the glass roofs, I've found that they're not compatible with split levels and lofts. Take a look at the thread I've created here and please click "Me Too" to bring more attention to the issue.
  • Options
    Another heads up as well - glass in windows and roofs is not showing up in the Forgotten Hollow world. See here.
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2018
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Just a heads up, all. As I've been experimenting with the glass roofs, I've found that they're not compatible with split levels and lofts. Take a look at the thread I've created here and please click "Me Too" to bring more attention to the issue.

Here's my answer on that thread:

I don't think this is an error at all. The problem in the split-level house is that, by deleting the wall between rooms, you essentially "explode" the floorless room so it is, instead, an open outdoor space with three free-standing walls around it. If, instead, you were to replace the wall with a fence, the floorless room will remain a room and the artifact will not appear. You can tell by clicking on any of the remaining walls of the floorless room: does the whole space get highlighted, or only that one wall?

It's the same story with the double-storey loft space. Deleting a wall will explode the room; that's what's causing the flooring to reappear. (Edit: that's not actually flooring: that's the ceiling of the room underneath.) Do NOT delete walls; replace them with fencing instead.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited June 2018
    @BryonyRae A workaround is to completely remove the ceiling directly under the glass roof manually. You'll need to pull the roof back a square to gain access to the ceiling then pull the roof back in place after deleting the ceiling.

twjDZIV.png
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    If you maintain the integrity of the floorless rooms (ie, by replacing the walls instead of deleting them) you will keep the ceiling of the floorless room and the problem artifact will not appear.

uglass01.jpguglass02.jpg

uglass03.jpguglass04.jpg

In each of the above cases, I replaced walls instead of deleting them. You can use fencing or you can use spandrels, they both work.

What is happening: the apparent artifact is the boundary between a ceiling and an open space. In the case of glass roofs and and multi-storey spaces, the ceiling is rendered invisible by the glass roof or the floorless room above--but the room is registered by the game as still having a ceiling.

In order for a room to remain a room, all its sides need to be defined, either with the floor or with the walls. When you delete both the floor and at least one wall of the room, its shape becomes undefined and the room itself is deleted, leaving behind the remaining walls as free-standing pieces. That is why you lose the ceiling, and that is why the flooring seems to reappear. That is not flooring at all: that is the ceiling of the room underneath, which has been rendered visible again because there is no longer a floorless room above it.

Bottom line: make sure your rooms always have all their sides defined, either with a floor or with their own walls. (No, the walls of the neighbouring rooms do not count.)
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2018
    The shadows (items that have shadows) arent matching the Seasons stuff when resized.

Also in my game the "Granite Falls Blossom" seems to have had its pick up box broken up as it is darn near impossible to pick up once set down - you have to be on just the right blossom(s) to get the pickup hand or delete. This is especially difficult if you have layered that plant in with others.

I am also getting intense lag in build mode, buy mode seems fine.

No mods/no cc/empty caches/repaired game
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Just out of curiosity @Xinqun ... Where the fences are, did you build walls first and then replace them with fences using the "replace" command or did you build the fences directly?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @xinqun yes, I do understand the mechanics of why the space no longer gets treated as a room when the wall gets deleted. Replacing the walls with fencing and half walls instead of simply deleting and setting up fencing/half walls later is definitely a good workaround for the roofing issue in most cases; thank you. However, if the builder wants a stair case to intersect with the loft area, it's not possible to do without removing a wall (or half wall or fence), although it is possible on a ground level split. Because of that, I still consider it to be a problem, if not a bug. It's almost like we need another piece that would work like a flat, in that it wouldn't have walls, but instead of not having a ceiling as well, it would not have a floor... Or they could just make the stairs work the same way they do on a ground level split (they divide a place in the fence without breaking it).