Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @FTS4D when you say free camera, are you talking about the TAB camera mode? I'm going to assume so... So the thing about basements and TAB is that you can only use it down there when you are on the basement level, and when you are on the basement level, you can't see the levels above, and that works the same for each level, actually - those above the basement will just show empty sky where there is a gap (for stairs going up, etc.). The solution for levels above the basement is to go ahead and put the level up to max, then hit tab and use Q to descend back down to a lower level. However, you cannot descend into the basement that way and thus are stuck without being to get any view from the basement of areas above it. This is something we have requested that the devs change, but so far, no luck. :(

I always do it the other way round and am wondering if it would work with the basements. I go to the level I want to be on (in this case it would be the basement), hit "tab" then use the "page up" key to see the levels above.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Doing that takes you up out of the basement @sawdust.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Doing that takes you up out of the basement @sawdust.

Yes, strange, as it works on other levels. I haven't done an open air basement but just seeing the black above when it is open is even stranger.
  • FTS4DFTS4D Posts: 17 Member
    Hello @BryonyRae

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was talking about the tab camera mode. When basements were introduced it was possible to position the camera on the lowest basement level and then, by pressing the page-up key, you were able to see all above including the sky. But sometime last year Maxis changed that. Now all you see when looking up is black emptiness. It's a pity. Maybe the devs will change that back someday.
    I loved to see the first light of the day in my underground night club when I was directioning the camera upwards.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi @BryonyRae

I was hoping that the patch today would have taken care of this issue, but it hasn't.... This is a house that I was building in Willow Creek on the Cypress Terrace lot.
    lOZb1Ih.png
    The house is supposed to be white.

Here is the back of the house where the sun is shining on it.
    gChH1QM.png
    The pics were taken in the afternoon

I didn't see anyone else post about this, so if you have already addressed it.. I apologize.
    I had a bit of a fiddle in the area and it seems it's both lots in that neighbourhood. I didn't try every neighbourhood or other worlds but there is a definite "green mist" effect that seems to invade that place. I have a grey house on that Cypress Terrace Lot and it looks more khaki than grey. :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Yes, Oakenstead is also effected by this................
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    Yes, Oakenstead is also effected by this................

Yep, I had to move my Huntleigh Manor to Brindleton Bay from Oakenstead so that the colors of the brick would show correctly.
    Hey, guys! Yes, the issue has been reported here. Please add your "Me Too" to the pile.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @BryonyRae
    Miss Bry, is anybody getting error messages when putting down rock or masonry floor tiles that they must be added to a room? Sometimes it’s nice to put a front walkway or patio no room needed.
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi @JojoMOMSTER Make sure you switch to 'single' tile when placing floor outside. Unless it is an enclosed space (with a fence or wall), it will give you that error message every time. Hope this helps.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The new spandrels that came with the Seasons EP look white in winter as if covered by snow:

fbe529xy08bc.png

Any other spandrels don't do that:

27xedf9qx3yd.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Cassee thanks! I thought I was but who knows! I’m pretty sure we could drag a walkway or patio area on the ground before. I’m not completely sure what I did.
  • eemiliakeemiliak Posts: 2 New Member
    > @tckol said:
    > Does anyone else get a glitch with the Modern Solid double doors (non Glass) for single story? In my game the frame seems to have an additional white frame that bleeds around the walls past the 2x1 mesh.

So today I noticed a bug in the sims 4 that i have never noticed before.
    So basically it is in build mode. Let's say you want a basement! When you put a stair that leads up to the first floor, (This is when your house is on a foundation) there is this weird glitch between the walls of the basement and the house. It is like a sunken in wall that can't be used in any way! Can you help me?
  • Cheeky_NzCheeky_Nz Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've also got a weird glitch/build function

I've got this annoying little lip that is ruining my level community lot! It seems to have appeared with the recent patch (but cant see anything in the patch notes)
    Essentially they've added a little lip onto the house, almost like a base level foundation, but adding fountains and the like RAISES the terrain (just a little bit but enough to be annoying imo as i cant make a path level to the footpath outside the lot if i want fountains) AND if you bulldoze the house the raised terrain is still there.
    Are they planning to release an update you think with terrain tools or is this just a glitch?

Also having my own issues with colouring in similar posts- but on the exterior trims - completely white in mid day, but for parts that are near stair cases they are like brown wood or black :T

Edit: I'm adding pictures below!
    Post edited by Cheeky_Nz on
    Pictures of un-level terrain and when the fountain etc. is deleted it stays unlevel :sweat:

hPVhlox.png

eW3LFK1.png
    @Cheeky_Nz It's been a problem since the beginning of the game and affects only certain lots. One way to minimize the issue is to build a pool over the entire lot first, delete, then place your build. The pool will level out the lot as the issue arises on lots that are uneven.
    eemiliak wrote: »
    > @tckol said:
    > Does anyone else get a glitch with the Modern Solid double doors (non Glass) for single story? In my game the frame seems to have an additional white frame that bleeds around the walls past the 2x1 mesh.

So today I noticed a bug in the sims 4 that i have never noticed before.
    So basically it is in build mode. Let's say you want a basement! When you put a stair that leads up to the first floor, (This is when your house is on a foundation) there is this weird glitch between the walls of the basement and the house. It is like a sunken in wall that can't be used in any way! Can you help me?

The basement issue is just the way the game is. Not sure about the door issue, would have to check next time I'm in game.
    @sawdust
    sawdust wrote: »
    @Cheeky_Nz It's been a problem since the beginning of the game and affects only certain lots. One way to minimize the issue is to build a pool over the entire lot first, delete, then place your build. The pool will level out the lot as the issue arises on lots that are uneven.

This is the first time since i've had sims 4, and i had it on release, that i've come across it xD
  • saunapleasesaunaplease Posts: 3 New Member
    > @BryonyRae said:
    > I have a new bug to report that was identified in a separate thread: A sauna placed in the basement doesn't function unless it is positioned completely under a room above it. SimGuruDrake and SimGuruBChick already commented in the thread, so I'm sure the devs are now aware of it, but I'd like to keep track of it here too.

> @BryonyRae said:
    > FYI, I have completed testing the 9/24/15 patch for changes and fixes. Here are my findings:
    >
    > One request fulfilled - we now have the ability to enlarge rugs. :)
    >
    > We also have one bug fixed: 7/15/15 Bug - A sauna placed in the basement doesn't function unless it is positioned completely under a room above it (see pg. 28)
    >
    > Kind of a lean patch when it comes to build mode. :/ Hoping for more with the next one!

Hi,
    These posts are from 2015, I'm not sure if it still happens for everyone else, but I cannot use my sauna. It's in the basement and the topmost floor (2nd) of that area is a balcony i.e. no roof.
    When I place it on other areas in the basement, I can use it (roofed topmost floor).
    I've just finished building my house and this is very frustrating since I'll have to move rooms again in order to be able to use it. Otherwise I think my house is perfectly fine as it is now.
    Thanks a lot. I do hope we'll be able to place saunas wherever we want them w/o issues like this showing up (soon).
    Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA. Got hit with an illness. Feeling much better now though, and I will take a look at the issues you've raised and comment as soon as possible. :)
  • halpal1212halpal1212 Posts: 30 Member
    I've noticed that whenever I build and paint the outside of the house and then build the interior rooms (I'm playing on MacBook), sometimes the exterior paint will disappear where that new room was built if it shares that exterior wall. Same goes for the foundation. :(
    @halpal1212 It will do that if you are replacing the painted wall with a new wall, ie. if you use the "build room" tool. If you use the single wall tool to build internal walls and do not go over the existing wall it shouldn't remove external paintwork.
  • halpal1212halpal1212 Posts: 30 Member
    > @sawdust said:
    > @halpal1212 It will do that if you are replacing the painted wall with a new wall, ie. if you use the "build room" tool. If you use the single wall tool to build internal walls and do not go over the existing wall it shouldn't remove external paintwork.

Yeah, I'm not replacing the painted wall. I use the single wall tool. I think it's just another glitch for us Mac users. :(
    halpal1212 wrote: »
    > @sawdust said:
    > @halpal1212 It will do that if you are replacing the painted wall with a new wall, ie. if you use the "build room" tool. If you use the single wall tool to build internal walls and do not go over the existing wall it shouldn't remove external paintwork.

Yeah, I'm not replacing the painted wall. I use the single wall tool. I think it's just another glitch for us Mac users. :(

I don't have a Mac so can't confirm. Have you checked AnswersEA to see if the problem has been mentioned on that site?