Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Oh @HayloHusky Thanks with a big T! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

But, err...

Does this mean I cannot write The Mole Was Here in public anymore? :mrgreen:

Yes. You are a free man now :lol:

...Which is a pity, considering you were probably the only person entering it lol
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited June 2018
    Turner wrote: »
    Oh @HayloHusky Thanks with a big T! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

But, err...

Does this mean I cannot write The Mole Was Here in public anymore? :mrgreen:

Yes. You are a free man now :lol:

...Which is a pity, considering you were probably the only person entering it lol

Keep-Calm-and-dobby-the-house-elf-28501569-497-700.jpg

:sunglasses:

Oh... :/

Well...

What if someone who's never been on The Mole before enters the sole entry? Do they get a Key or a DQ?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    http://smole-sims-3.wikia.com/wiki/Smole_(Sims_3)_Wiki

Hmm, looks like someone else has done a Sims 3 Mole as well. :o

Oh boy. That's a lot of information to take in. :o 39 seasons!? That's ridiculous!

Okay, where to even begin? XD Let's check out the twists first...

I found this one interesting:

Big Brother + Survivor + Mole
    This season is a mish-mash of Survivor, Mole and Big Brother. Contestants will be living on two separate parts of an island, with only the clothes on their back and the basic amenities there to accompany them. They will compete in missions, with the winning team usually earning exemptions for the whole team. The losing team then has to nominate two contestants each to take the Mole quiz, in which the lower scorer or slower one (in the event of a tie) is executed. Should the Mole be nominated, rituals will be performed, but the non-Mole contestant will be automatically executed.

I nearly did a BB format, with the same rules. :p The exemption holder nominates two people, and they take the quiz. Lower scorer is eliminated. However, I found this format to stray a little TOO far from The Mole format. It would shake up the game drastically... But it's pretty cool they combined it with Survivor too!
  • Options
    This twist is... Interesting XD

Role Reversal
    This season, the contestants are all Moles working to earn points for themselves except for one: the Non-Mole, who is not told any information like usual Moles receive. The Moles must now take quizzes and the lowest or slowest scorer will be executed, while the Non-Mole is safe all the way. The Non-Mole must try to earn points for the group pot.
  • Options
    Looks like I inspired them ;)

Mole's Accomplice
    The second twist is that there would be a Mole's Accomplice every mission except for the final mission. If the Mole's Accomplice succeeds in sabotaging, he or she would earn whatever did not go into the group pot for that mission. They were allowed to keep the money even after being executed but contestants did not know this until the finale. Contestants could answer the quiz with the Mole or the Accomplice in mind (though in actual fact there is only one set of correct answers). If more than half, including the Mole's Accomplice, put down the accomplice's name in the quiz, the accomplice would not earn the points. The Mole's Accomplice could not be executed for that mission.

This is too similar to mine for them to have also come up with on their own, I think. That means... We have a MOLE amongst us. XD Someone lurking in the shadows... Who's been following all along... Who hasn't said hello to us. :p
  • Options
    ^Although the twist that accompanied that one was actually super unique and cool :o
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Mole's Accomplice
    The second twist is that there would be a Mole's Accomplice every mission except for the final mission. If the Mole's Accomplice succeeds in sabotaging, he or she would earn whatever did not go into the group pot for that mission. They were allowed to keep the money even after being executed but contestants did not know this until the finale. Contestants could answer the quiz with the Mole or the Accomplice in mind (though in actual fact there is only one set of correct answers). If more than half, including the Mole's Accomplice, put down the accomplice's name in the quiz, the accomplice would not earn the points. The Mole's Accomplice could not be executed for that mission.

This is too similar to mine for them to have also come up with on their own, I think. That means... We have a MOLE amongst us. XD Someone lurking in the shadows... Who's been following all along... Who hasn't said hello to us. :p

Oh yeah. It's way too similar. The only variation is that there isn't a separate set of questions regarding the accomplice.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    These are also interesting! And the second one reminds me of Twiddle's show :)

Replacement Contestant
    This season, one lucky ex-contestant could return to celebrate the 30th season. This contestant has chosen one of the existing contestants this season. If that chosen contestant is executed, the lucky ex-contestant will get to return. Until then, the ex-contestant will get special raw footage from the chosen contestant's personal cameraman to stay up-to-date with the happenings in the house and game.

Expose the Mole
    The Mole may not be the same one throughout. If at least 75% of the contestants remaining (excluding the Mole) put down the correct Mole on the quiz, the Mole would be executed. One contestant will then randomly be chosen to be the Mole's Accomplice, essentially taking over the Mole's duties. And if the accomplice is also executed, another will be chosen and this will continue until the final 5, after which the Mole or accomplice (whoever remains) will be immune for the rest of the season.

• Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Mole's Accomplice

Oh yeah. It's way too similar. The only variation is that there isn't a separate set of questions regarding the accomplice.

Yeah, exactly. And the other twist that goes with it [dubbed "The Ultimate Twist"] explains why that variation had to come about. But otherwise, it's identical. It's kinda eerie, actually, to think I've inspired someone else in the world. :hushed:

I don't really mind, I just wish this person would've joined our community by now! ...Unless... the author... is someone already here XD Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!!!
  • Options
    Btw, does anyone know where S5 Adrian's hair comes from? Is it from the store or CC? It looks great and I can see myself using it for my sims. Plus it seems to be Maxis-match if it's CC.

I know it's CC, but I'm afraid I don't know much else beyond that. I believe it's the same hairstyle as Taz from S4? In which case, Smarties might know where it came from.
    I can also upload Taz/Adrian and you might be able to get the hair through that?
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    It's such a shame I bumped Haylo down a couple of spots by the time I got executed. :D

And Twiddle's average was actually pretty low when he got executed. It must've been some terrible luck on his end (and I think Ryenn was exempt during that time).

I was thinking the same. What went wrong? XD

And I know! That was my biggest takeaway, it was final 8 and Twiddle got eliminated with a really good score. But as you said, Ryenn had bodyguard. And the other Agents (Alleen, Lo, Tiger, Choco) all had their sights on Vul and/or Haylo already.

My other biggest takeaway was how well Tiger and Lo did on their FIRST ranking. Pretty impressive stuff. Seems like Jake and Ryenn were tricked the most by the lies of the spies.

Same happened last season as well, That's twice now I've had a pretty good score but have been eliminated due to a third party (Tribal Votes in S5 and the Bodyguard/exemption in S6)

Now THAT is a series of unfortunate events. :o Here's to hoping next season brings better luck. :smiley:

If Maya didn't have the bodyguard, she and the Gov would've traded places... So does that mean the Gov would've been Miss Scarlet in the Clue mission? :joy:

MISS SCARLET!! WHERE IS MY LOL BUTTON??
    Also, yeah, I plum at this game lol The only thing that saved me were multiple exemptions.
    Also Also, your new profile picture is adorable as heck.

Hehehe XD
    I mean, you don't really plum at this game. :p Getting exemptions is PART of the game. And you definitely EARNED the bodyguard, you put a lot of time and effort into that. It wasn't an easy task by any means. :o
    Thanskies :blush:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Btw, does anyone know where S5 Adrian's hair comes from? Is it from the store or CC? It looks great and I can see myself using it for my sims. Plus it seems to be Maxis-match if it's CC.

I know it's CC, but I'm afraid I don't know much else beyond that. I believe it's the same hairstyle as Taz from S4? In which case, Smarties might know where it came from.
    I can also upload Taz/Adrian and you might be able to get the hair through that?

Yeah, I'd like to get Adrian in a sims3pack file, thanks. I'm a little concerned there are other CC files packed in there, but I guess I can just remove them.

One thing I have to say is that even with all the packs, there is a dearth of decent male hair options in TS3 IMO. I probably use like 10-20% of the male hairstyles, and up to 40% for females. I even had to gift Twiddle my favorite store hairstyle for his escape room because he didn't have the packs with somewhat decent male hair. It's kind of refreshing to see a man with decent hair in TS3. :D

TS4 has TS3 beat because it has a lot of decent hair options in the packs.

/rantover, lol
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I now need a picture of The Gov as Miss Scarlet. For...reasons

giphy.gif
  • Options
    I'm halfway done with season 3. I just realized that I did read up to the photograph mission last year, but then I stopped.

One recurring theme I noticed is that you have the uptight character who's somehow roped into doing the song and dance number. You have Brianne, Evarrine, and Morgan. And somehow they're all women.

Woah. I haven't even noticed that. :o I mean, I kinda noticed there always seems to be an uptight character who opposes it, but didn't realize it was always a female... And to further your point even more, it was Kaitlin this season. XD

Brianne and Evarrine share the same creator, so I'll blame her (Jojo) for creating two uptight woman. XD Although I adored both characters. Evarrine was just the magical queen version of Brianne hahahaha. Brianne is Evarrine if born in the real world. :p

And then yeah, I guess there's Morgan and Kaitlin too. Interesting observation!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    I'm not competing in the challenge but I just wanted to give those who are some inspiration. ;)

Please excuse my kitchen floor. :p
    wi94dc.jpg

Anyways, Yeah, I found a collection of old pens in a drawer and I had the bright idea to spell out THE MOLE on the kitchen floor using them. My partner thought I had gone mad, So there's the public part of the challenge covered and it's definitely a high traffic area. :D

The real challenge was trying to keep the dog from walking through the middle of it, She has a habit of sitting on anything I put on the floor.

I would add some surrounding shots, But all that would be is my partner sat at the breakfast bar with a rather bemused face wondering if to call the loony lorry or not to cart me away.

So yes, Hope that inspires those who are taking part to do better than my rather poor attempt.

This entire post is great. Just overall, all-around great. :lol:

Bravo, Twiddle, bravo! That's indeed a high-traffic area... because of your dog :joy:
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

I found that Accidentally last night too! :O it’s not interactive though it seems

That's a strange coincidence :open_mouth:
    Yeah, although I would've been EXTREMELY surprised if it was. Because 39 seasons? That's crazy talk. No way would've there been time for that many seasons... right? XD And I feel at least one contestant would've found us by now.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I found that Accidentkalt last night too! :O it’s not interactive though it seems

I wonder how it's made though. Just written by 1 author? It does seem that it's got influences from both the Dutch, Belgian and Turner's Moles though.

Yeah, I can't find actual episodes? And I believe it's by 1 author, but I don't have proof of that. Unfortunately I haven't watched enough Dutch or Belgian seasons to catch any of those references, but here's another familiar mission!

Mission 5-Monkey See, Monkey Say, Monkey Build
    Contestants were given a piece of a room to describe to one Sim, who was to build it. There were 2 rounds,
    Some of the furniture found at the site for Mission 5
    meaning 2 sims will build. Each slice was worth 20 points, making this worth 240 points. Henrietta was exempt from this. Hidden exemptions were offered to those who added an extra item to their room. Victor and Bloom both got this.

This mission was from S1. I also provided an exemption to those who added a certain object in their description of their slice :b
  • Options

I found that Accidentkalt last night too! :O it’s not interactive though it seems

I wonder how it's made though. Just written by 1 author? It does seem that it's got influences from both the Dutch, Belgian and Turner's Moles though.

Yeah, I can't find actual episodes? And I believe it's by 1 author, but I don't have proof of that. Unfortunately I haven't watched enough Dutch or Belgian seasons to catch any of those references, but here's another familiar mission!

Contestants were given a piece of a room to describe to one Sim, who was to build it. There were 2 rounds,
    meaning 2 sims will build. Each slice was worth 20 points, making this worth 240 points. Henrietta was exempt from this. Hidden exemptions were offered to those who added an extra item to their room. Victor and Bloom both got this.

This mission was from S1. I also provided an exemption to those who added a certain object in their description of their slice :b

This mission is also extremely interesting... It's also based on the board game called "The Resistance"... This guy (or gal) knows their deception-genre!

Mission 6-Mini Mole
    Each contestant had been informed of their roles, which were: Ordinary Contestant, Mole, Super Mole, Cameraman, Producer, Assistant Producer. The Mole, Super Mole and Cameraman were the bad guys while the rest were good. Some roles had special abilities.
    The Producer knows who the bad guys are, except for the Super Mole who is super at concealing him/herself.
    The Assistant Producer knows who the Producer is.
    However, the Cameraman knows how to portray him/herself and thus also appears to the Assistant Producer as the Producer. This means that the Assistant Producer knows who the Producer and Cameraman are but not who is who.

All the bad guys knew who the other bad guys were, but the same could not be said for the good players.

To earn points, they had to send up to five of them to missions. Those on the mission had to stand on pads. The bad guys could choose to sabotage but the good guys could not. If someone sabotages, a trap will go off. Otherwise, no trap will go off and they earn 30 points. There were five rounds so this was worth 150 points. If they earned 60 points or less, the bad guys will get away with an exemption. If they earned 120 points or more, the bad guys would not get an exemption unless they succeeded in deducing who the Producer was.

It's like a mix of Mole, Mafia, Resistance.... called Mini Mole XD Is there anything inspired by Haylo's show too??
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

This mission is also extremely interesting... It's also based on the board game called "The Resistance"... This guy (or gal) knows their deception-genre!

Mission 6-Mini Mole
    Each contestant had been informed of their roles, which were: Ordinary Contestant, Mole, Super Mole, Cameraman, Producer, Assistant Producer. The Mole, Super Mole and Cameraman were the bad guys while the rest were good. Some roles had special abilities.
    The Producer knows who the bad guys are, except for the Super Mole who is super at concealing him/herself.
    The Assistant Producer knows who the Producer is.
    However, the Cameraman knows how to portray him/herself and thus also appears to the Assistant Producer as the Producer. This means that the Assistant Producer knows who the Producer and Cameraman are but not who is who.

All the bad guys knew who the other bad guys were, but the same could not be said for the good players.

To earn points, they had to send up to five of them to missions. Those on the mission had to stand on pads. The bad guys could choose to sabotage but the good guys could not. If someone sabotages, a trap will go off. Otherwise, no trap will go off and they earn 30 points. There were five rounds so this was worth 150 points. If they earned 60 points or less, the bad guys will get away with an exemption. If they earned 120 points or more, the bad guys would not get an exemption unless they succeeded in deducing who the Producer was.

It's like a mix of Mole, Mafia, Resistance.... called Mini Mole XD Is there anything inspired by Haylo's show too??

Only one I can remember is underwater whispers XD
  • Options

I can’t find any episodes. I feel it may be someone’s in game fantasy? Perhaps? I don’t think people are playing, nor can I see any episodes :O
  • Options
    Maybe...this is all a ploy concocted by the Mole?

• Options
    I'm halfway done with season 3. I just realized that I did read up to the photograph mission last year, but then I stopped.

One recurring theme I noticed is that you have the uptight character who's somehow roped into doing the song and dance number. You have Brianne, Evarrine, and Morgan. And somehow they're all women.

Woah. I haven't even noticed that. :o I mean, I kinda noticed there always seems to be an uptight character who opposes it, but didn't realize it was always a female... And to further your point even more, it was Kaitlin this season. XD

Brianne and Evarrine share the same creator, so I'll blame her (Jojo) for creating two uptight woman. XD Although I adored both characters. Evarrine was just the magical queen version of Brianne hahahaha. Brianne is Evarrine if born in the real world. :p

And then yeah, I guess there's Morgan and Kaitlin too. Interesting observation!

Oh, you know, that's right. Kaitlin isn't as uptight as the rest IMO, but she's not really one to happily join in on the song and dance

• Options
    Can't have a season without me ;)

I mean... This isn't untrue. XD You've been with me since the very beginning!! :worried:
  • Options
    Can't have a season without me ;)

I mean... This isn't untrue. XD You've been with me since the very beginning!! :worried:

#Number1Supporter or #Number1Stalker ?
  • Options
    Maybe...this is all a ploy concocted by the Mole?

All 39+ of them? XD

@Turner can we have 39 seasons? :3