January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

What do you think EP06 would be?

Comments

  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited June 2018
    University
    @jackjack_k

    In fact, I never told it was a perfect copy, just I mean the idea of theme was there.

    Vampire idea = Vampires GP
    Generation idea = Parenthood GP

    But you're right, they can get other new ideas.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @jackjack_k

    In fact, I never told it was a perfect copy, just I mean the idea of theme was there.

    Vampire idea = Vampires GP
    Generation idea = Parenthood GP

    But you're right, they can get other ideas.

    I get you, but they may take a small part of an existing survey, and then make it into a whole new pack.

    So they may take something like Free Time concept and turn it into something completely new.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don’t think that EA just will remake old EPs. More likely EA will want to mainly make experiments with new ideas instead.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited June 2018
    University
    @jackjack_k

    In fact, I never told it was a perfect copy, just I mean the idea of theme was there.

    Vampire idea = Vampires GP
    Generation idea = Parenthood GP

    But you're right, they can get other ideas.

    I get you, but they may take a small part of an existing survey, and then make it into a whole new pack.

    So they may take something like Free Time concept and turn it into something completely new.

    I'm skeptical, Maxis lacks of inspiration in EP05 Seasons
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,200 Member
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    Hi,

    What do you think EP06 would be? What do you expect ?


    Note:

    The surveys 2015 and 2017 submitted University EP and Vacation EP.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915783/old-surveys-released-packs/p1


    I voted Bon Voyage Vacation but it could be something new like Amusement Parks which I'd love to have.

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,200 Member
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    @jackjack_k

    The "new" EP themes listed in the survey 2015 were :
    • Car
    • Love
    • Superhero
    • Zombie apocalypse
    • School

    I thought the car one was mentioned as a Gamepack. Seriously though they could do cars in a free update like they did toddlers.

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,200 Member
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don’t think that EA just will remake old EPs. More likely EA will want to mainly make experiments with new ideas instead.

    They need to start with Amusement and Waterparks.

  • PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    University
    I hope it's university. It's always been my favourite to play. I used to play it in the older games to live through my sims because I hadn't been to uni yet. Now that I've just finished, I'd love to play it in Sims 4 to see what I'd do differently, since now I know what it's like! :)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don’t think that EA just will remake old EPs. More likely EA will want to mainly make experiments with new ideas instead.

    They need to start with Amusement and Waterparks.
    Maybe. But when EA has avoided to make a traditional EP like Seasons (or University) until now it isn’t because traditional EPs are more difficult to make. (EA even strongly considered to include the weather already in the Sims 2 basegame.) Instead I am quite sure that the reason is marketing:

    EA knows that the reason why EA loses more than half of the simmers every time they release a new basegame is that simmers think: “What!? Does EA really think that I want to buy all the same EPs again just because EA releases a new basegame?!??” So most simmers don’t automatically buy the next basegame. Instead they wait and if EA started with the first EPs to be something like University and Seasons then EA would just confirm the idea that EA just was trying to sell ”the same game and the same EPs again!” So if EA wants some of the earlier simmers to come back then EA knows that they should mainly release new and different EPs instead to convince people that this is a completely new and different Sims game and not just a remake of an earlier Sims game!

    But it is still a trade off because some EPs (like Seasons) are so popular and well selling that it is difficult for EA to completely avoid them in the end anyway ;)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,019 Member
    Superstar / Showtime
    When S4 was announced, I told myself I would by the base game just to see if it was better than the S3 and what the art work would look like due to the TV ads I saw. Well, here I am, four years later, with every EP, every GP and every SP. Jokes on me but I don't regret one cent I spent on S4. It is, IMO, the best version of them all. It's not without flaws, but still the best, IMO, because they all had flaws. And if/when there is a S5, I'll buy the base game, but that's it. (fingers crossed ;) )
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 360 Member
    University
    I picked university because I'm not sure that they will do a beach vacation pack so soon after seasons. Especially because I think it will include things that people think should already be included in seasons. But that's what I would want the most followed by Free Time, I want more hobbies for my sims.

    I can also see them doing a Witches GP just because Vampires was so well received. I know a lot of people love supernatural packs. But I don't see that being an EP but rather a GP.

  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    edited June 2018
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    I'm going with Vacations simply for the fact that I think all of us for the past 2 years have been requesting swimmable oceans/island world. I haven't seen a lot of requests for University, but more than half of the community have been requesting a Get to School theme, so maybe this go around we'll see a blending of University and sending child and teen sims to school to prepare for college.

    * Vacations/Island Life EP06
    * Generations EP07
    * Get to School EP08


    Finding Love/Romance will likely be a GP that is if they release a romance/late night pack.
    Supernaturals like witches and werewolves will be a GP. A lot of players dislike supernaturals so having the option to buy which supernatural is a better choice marketing wise.

    Other expansions they could make in the future- Fame & Fortune, Ambitions, and Time Traveling.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,160 Member
    University
    I want Island Paradise myself, but I think it will be University which is cool. After reading what others have said about University, I think it sounds like it would be a fun expansion as well.

  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 964 Member
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    Im going with Tropical getaway cause I want it :):DB)
  • MondayMonday Posts: 358 Member
    Makin' Magic / Supernatural
    I went with what I'd be most interested in seeing. I'd like to see something like Superheroes, though most of all I'd really love to see them do something completely off the wall. Especially after releasing two highly desired expansions, I think it'd be good to mix it up with something very different, and unexpected.

    Personally, I couldn't really give a proper guess on what they'll do next in terms of expansion packs, and I like that. I like the unknown of it, the anticipation of anything at all. Even if it takes them still a little while longer to get to that point where they can experiment, I look forward to it.
    a63ftuN.png
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 3,876 Member
    University
    I'd love to have Supernatural...but I'm thinking they'll probably making them separate GPs like they did Vampires--or at least for Witches/Elementals. So I think either University or something new like Superheroes.

  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,179 Member
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    Seasons seems so incomplete -- from what I can tell, there's not one new water-based activity, even though they added pool parties to the game.

    I suspect that everything that is missing will make its way into a beach vacation EP and a Pool Stuff pack.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,325 Member
    University
    If the trend on highly demanded expansion packs being released continues, then University is most likely going to be the next one. As I can recall... Pets, Seasons, and University have been the most wanted expansion packs from fans since The Sims 4 was released.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Backyard Stuff
    Sims 4: Dine Out Game Pack

    78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2018
    Vacation / Bon Voyage / Island Paradise
    I would love to see a farming EP with farm animals, maybe even tied into medieval stuff. But, if not that I would like to see a luxury vacation package with a whole world you could either vacation or live in. With a hotel/ motel venue, amusement parks, zoo’s, water park, a Marine Park, Beach with swimming in the ocean, and maybe a ski resort in the mountains, and it would cool to see stuff for a fair perhaps, vendors that sell snow cones, cotton candy, popcorn, candied apples and other refreshments.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,211 Member
    edited June 2018
    Makin' Magic / Supernatural
    Erpe wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don’t think that EA just will remake old EPs. More likely EA will want to mainly make experiments with new ideas instead.

    They need to start with Amusement and Waterparks.
    Maybe. But when EA has avoided to make a traditional EP like Seasons (or University) until now it isn’t because traditional EPs are more difficult to make. (EA even strongly considered to include the weather already in the Sims 2 basegame.) Instead I am quite sure that the reason is marketing:

    EA knows that the reason why EA loses more than half of the simmers every time they release a new basegame is that simmers think: “What!? Does EA really think that I want to buy all the same EPs again just because EA releases a new basegame?!??” So most simmers don’t automatically buy the next basegame. Instead they wait and if EA started with the first EPs to be something like University and Seasons then EA would just confirm the idea that EA just was trying to sell ”the same game and the same EPs again!” So if EA wants some of the earlier simmers to come back then EA knows that they should mainly release new and different EPs instead to convince people that this is a completely new and different Sims game and not just a remake of an earlier Sims game!

    But it is still a trade off because some EPs (like Seasons) are so popular and well selling that it is difficult for EA to completely avoid them in the end anyway ;)

    I think you're wrong about this one. Even if simmers don't like having to buy all the packs over again and do definitely want new and exciting experiences in each iteration that the previous one(s) didn't have, or implemented less deeply, it's fairly clear when looking at the community (forums, social, blogs, YouTube) that things like education, pets, seasons, and supernaturals are packs simmers really want. Packs they expect and are often the very reason why they switch over to the newest generation to begin with. Releasing them earlier would probably not hurt their sales very much. At least I sincerely doubt that.

    But pets are, IMHO, very hard to make (I think Grant even confirmed that this was without a doubt the most difficult pack to work on because it was "like making an entirely new base game" with completely new animations, textures (especially fur which is very hard to animate well), UI and environmental requirements). Plus it has to interact well with the existing UI and overall environment and activities of the sims. Which is more likely why pets don't get released right away. It's easier to first broaden the sims' lives with things like careers or vacations or nightlife. Something that's simply easier to make and gives people more stuff to do while the devs get to working on the tougher packs like pets and seasons, allowing them a bit more time to try and get them right.

    And for seasons: I believe it makes little sense to release them before pets. Although I have a feeling they may usually work on them simultaneously anyway (which Grant sort of confirmed indirectly when he said around the time they were streaming pets before release that they were already working on "his favorite pack" & having mentioned on Twitter in the last week or so that seasons is his favorite). Also, just look at the clothing style in pets and seasons or the fact that there are Autum trees in BB and that the pets trailer reminded many of rainy weather. I guess it's easier to already consider and partially develop the design concepts of seasons when making pets so that you'll already have the answer to some of the fundamental design questions/issues you'll inevitably have to face, especially with regard to UI, snow and rain. So that by the time you really get to focus on the seasons, the pets' coding doesn't get in the way too much, giving you more time to spend on integrating them and the sims and the whole environment well with the 4 seasons. Also, I'm pretty sure pets have always come out before seasons so I may not be completely wrong.

    Anyway I think you're often rather generalizing about what "EA thinks" and when exactly TS5 will come out, but saying that they make new things instead of staples because people want new and different things more than weather or pets again, doesn't seem right to me. And that these staples (except University & Supernaturals maybe - even if I think witches should be able to influence the weather so there's that ^^) are just as easy to make as the rest but they don't make them first simply because it would hurt their sales? Idk man that reasoning seems off. And it also doesn't stroke well with your other idea that this game is mostly targeted at new teen simmers with abominably low standards, cause how could these inexperienced people not think of seasons as new and fresh when they obviously haven't played any sims games with or without weather before anyway? xD
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don’t think that EA just will remake old EPs. More likely EA will want to mainly make experiments with new ideas instead.

    They need to start with Amusement and Waterparks.
    Maybe. But when EA has avoided to make a traditional EP like Seasons (or University) until now it isn’t because traditional EPs are more difficult to make. (EA even strongly considered to include the weather already in the Sims 2 basegame.) Instead I am quite sure that the reason is marketing:

    EA knows that the reason why EA loses more than half of the simmers every time they release a new basegame is that simmers think: “What!? Does EA really think that I want to buy all the same EPs again just because EA releases a new basegame?!??” So most simmers don’t automatically buy the next basegame. Instead they wait and if EA started with the first EPs to be something like University and Seasons then EA would just confirm the idea that EA just was trying to sell ”the same game and the same EPs again!” So if EA wants some of the earlier simmers to come back then EA knows that they should mainly release new and different EPs instead to convince people that this is a completely new and different Sims game and not just a remake of an earlier Sims game!

    But it is still a trade off because some EPs (like Seasons) are so popular and well selling that it is difficult for EA to completely avoid them in the end anyway ;)

    I think you're wrong about this one. Even if simmers don't like having to buy all the packs over again and do definitely want new and exciting experiences in each iteration that the previous one(s) didn't have, or implemented less deeply, it's fairly clear when looking at the community (forums, social, blogs, YouTube) that things like education, pets, seasons, and supernaturals are packs simmers really want. Packs they expect and are often the very reason why they switch over to the newest generation to begin with. Releasing them earlier would probably not hurt their sales very much. At least I sincerely doubt that.
    Where I disagree about this is about two types of simmers:
    1. Hardcore simmers who you meet all the time in this forum, on YouTube, blogs and similar places. But even though we meet them all the time and everywhere they are still just a small group of maybe mainly about a thousand members.
    2. The huge majority who buy most of the games. They are new young simmers and casual gamers. But they usually don’t play the game all the time and only buy packs and games that looks interesting. This group usually don’t just buy the “same game” and the “same packs” again. Therefore it is important for EA to convince them that each new basegame is a completely new and different game that won’t just get “the same packs” and “the same content” again.

    It is natural that we focus on type 1 here in the forum. But nevertheless it is of course type 2 who are much more important for the sales numbers and EA.
    Anyway I think you're often rather generalizing about what "EA thinks" and when exactly TS5 will come out, but saying that they make new things instead of staples because people want new and different things more than weather or pets again, doesn't seem right to me. And that these staples (except University & Supernaturals maybe - even if I think witches should be able to influence the weather so there's that ^^) are just as easy to make as the rest but they don't make them first simply because it would hurt their sales? Idk man that reasoning seems off. And it also doesn't stroke well with your other idea that this game is mostly targeted at new teen simmers with abominably low standards, cause how could these inexperienced people not think of seasons as new and fresh when they obviously haven't played any sims games with or without weather before anyway? xD
    I know that I am different from the huge majority of simmers in this forum because my interests are about games, game development and marketing of games and not about details in the current big Sims game (which I don’t even play anymore). Simmers here usually aren’t interested in how EA thinks and plans things. I have learned that. But EA’s decisions still aren’t just taken at random but instead after very long and serious considerations about the current market for games.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,211 Member
    edited June 2018
    Makin' Magic / Supernatural
    Erpe wrote: »
    I know that I am different from the huge majority of simmers in this forum because my interests are about games, game development and marketing of games and not about details in the current big Sims game (which I don’t even play anymore). Simmers here usually aren’t interested in how EA thinks and plans things. I have learned that. But EA’s decisions still aren’t just taken at random but instead after very long and serious considerations about the current market for games.

    See, this is precisely what I mean. You assume a lot. But assumptions aren't facts. There's plenty of people here who are interested in excactly the same things and spend an equal amount of time reading about it and following trends. Still, even if you're very interested in and actively engaged with something, that still doesn't mean you're always right about it. Especially when you're making assumptions about who people are, what they think / are interested in, or what they're currently doing / working on. Besides, I wasn't only speaking of people who are on the forums. I felt I was being clear about that.

  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    I know that I am different from the huge majority of simmers in this forum because my interests are about games, game development and marketing of games and not about details in the current big Sims game (which I don’t even play anymore). Simmers here usually aren’t interested in how EA thinks and plans things. I have learned that. But EA’s decisions still aren’t just taken at random but instead after very long and serious considerations about the current market for games.

    See, this is precisely what I mean. You assume a lot. But assumptions aren't facts. There's plenty of people here who are interested in excactly the same things and spend an equal amount of time reading about it and following trends. Still, even if you're very interested in and actively engaged with something, that still doesn't mean you're always right about it. Especially when you're making assumptions about who people are, what they think / are interested in, or what they're currently doing / working on. Besides, I wasn't only speaking of people who are on the forums. I felt I was being clear about that.
    If you don’t assume anything then everything will be equally likely which of course isn’t the case. (As an example it isn’t as likely that a Third World War will start tomorrow as it is that it won’t start. So I assume that it won’t start even though you may disagree.)

    EA could declare itself bankruptcy tomorrow, announce TS5 or decide to never ever make a new Sims game but just release TS4 packs for 20 more years. But all those things aren’t equally likely. That all those gurus went on twitter last month just to stop some expected panic about TS4 not getting more new content after Seasons is just one of the things that tell me that TS5 almost certainly is about to be announced. But if you see it as more likely that they just were bored and suddenly wanted to chat then that is of course your right and I won’t stop you :)

    Anyway this discussion doesn’t really have a purpose anymore because either TS5 is about to be announced (likely already on EA Play as the promised surprise) or it isn’t ant we will soon know anyway. So let us just wait and see if I am right or if all the TS4 simmers (who just hope that TS4 will last forever) are right instead :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,211 Member
    edited June 2018
    Makin' Magic / Supernatural
    Erpe wrote: »
    If you don’t assume anything then everything will be equally likely which of course isn’t the case. (As an example it isn’t as likely that a Third World War will start tomorrow as it is that it won’t start. So I assume that it won’t start even though you may disagree.)

    There's a difference between assuming and deducing though. Based on what you can know about the world & about how wars develop, you can deduce WW3 won't suddenly start tomorrow. That's not an assumption.
    Erpe wrote: »
    That all those gurus went on twitter last month just to stop some expected panic about TS4 not getting more new content after Seasons is just one of the things that tell me that TS5 almost certainly is about to be announced. But if you see it as more likely that they just were bored and suddenly wanted to chat then that is of course your right and I won’t stop you :)

    Slight correction. They came in not because people though Seasons would be the last EP, but because a few people lost / left their jobs at Maxis and the lack of a CM got people all panicky about TS4 being over soon. They even speculated there wouldn't be a 5 either, that EA was simply done with the franchise altogether. Because there was no CM capable of engaging, however, the Gurus did indeed "suddenly" step in to chat. It was either that or letting people's imagination run wild til someone would start their new role & spending her first couple of days doing nothing but damage control.
    Erpe wrote: »
    Anyway this discussion doesn’t really have a purpose anymore because either TS5 is about to be announced (likely already on EA Play as the promised surprise) or it isn’t ant we will soon know anyway. So let us just wait and see if I am right or if all the TS4 simmers (who just hope that TS4 will last forever) are right instead :)

    a) I don't think TS4 will last forever. Also, I don't like hyperbole.
    b) These discussions rarely ever have a purpose
    c) I think the surprise is a new release for console. That's how it reads anyway: "And, while you’re there, something new for console will also be available to play. That’s all we can say. No hints!"
    d) I just don't see them announcing one of their biggest expansions shortly before EA Play with the intention to release it right after, only a mere seconds before announcing that ... "oh right, about that expansion we want you to buy this week? Well, good news, it's for a game we're soon gonna stop producing altogether! Yay! Because TS5 is coming out in 2019 & we are gonna start all over again!!!!!!" - maybe you're right, but to me personally, that seems like a fairly bad marketing move. They usually still release quite a bit of content after Seasons. They've stated over and over again that they're not done & that they find it annoying that people keep insinuating over & over that they are. And they've also repeated many times now that their timeline is a bit different.
    e) I'm sure there will be a TS5. I just don't think we'll see it next year. And except for assumptions about "what EA thinks", you've never given me much reason to think otherwise.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 1,827 Member
    edited June 2018
    Superstar / Showtime
    @Erpe wrote: »
    Anyway this discussion doesn’t really have a purpose anymore because either TS5 is about to be announced (likely already on EA Play as the promised surprise) or it isn’t ant we will soon know anyway. So let us just wait and see if I am right or if all the TS4 simmers (who just hope that TS4 will last forever) are right instead :)


    It's funny that you think TS5 has a serious chance of being announced at EA Play (which is like 2 hours away).

    Here's the link to the official EA Play press conference live stream. Be sure to watch it live and wait for your TS5 announcement o:)



    I'm looking forward to your excuse "They're going to announce it at Gamescom in August instead I promise!!!"

    ΔΤΔ



    lhSmWvL.png
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top