Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game pack idea do you want the most?

So I have now created eight different ideas for possible future game packs, with each having a simple description of what the game pack could offer. You can vote in poll for the idea that you want the most to be in the game. While some ideas might be missing, I have gathered some of the most popular themes, along with couple "new" and interesting ones.

Hobbies
Sims can now develop enthusiasm in various types of hobbies by performing related activities. These hobbies include arts and crafts, cuisine, film and literature, fitness, games, music and dance, nature, science, sports and tinkering. In these hobbies Sims can do activities such as pottery, sewing, toy making, cooking contests, bird watching and more. Activities from other content packs such as inventing from Get to Work, or yoga from Spa Day can also affect these hobbies. Sims can have and develop interests, that will affect the enthusiasm for some hobbies and chemistry between other Sims. For example, Sims who have a high interest in outdoors won't get along with someone who is highly interest in work. Other possibly features would be secondary aspirations and life skills.

Romantic Date
In Romantic Date, the dating system of the base game is completely revamped. Sims would have turn ons and turn offs, and zodiac signs, that will greatly affect the new chemistry system between Sims. A brand new small downtown world is introduced, fully composed of community lots such as bars, lounges and nightclubs, offering a great place to go on a date. Online dating, romantic reputation, new WooHoo locations and other romance related things would also be included.

School Day
Players can join with their child and teen Sims to the brand new active schools. They can attend various classes, determined by their school timetable. These include geography, math, physics, English, history, chemistry and so on. Sims can now do those school pranks of the base game for real. Lunch fights, pranking the teachers, skipping class, running away from school, and more. Sims can also develop school reputation, that affects their relationships between classmates. Other possible features would be afterschool activities, prom and a teacher career.

Tropical Vacation
Sims can travel to a brand new tropical destination, filled with hotels, beaches, community lots and private rental lots. Sims can choose from different types of hotels, ranging from filthy low-end ones, to more luxurious high-end hotels. Sims can go to the beach, where they can do tanning, gain sunburns, build sandcastles, develop their scuba skill, collect shells, and swim in the ocean. They can also buy souvenirs and enjoy the local cuisine.

Magical Mayhem
A brand new life state would be introduced in this game pack such as witches, werewolves, or another magical beings. They can develop powers similar to vampires, gain various forms of spells (witches), do potions in a more of a traditional way, and keeping an eye on the lunar cycle (werewolves). Other features would be Bonehilda, new aspirations, and a brand new world catered towards supernatural beings.

Off the Grid
Sims can now adopt to more eco-friendly life styles. They can buy solar panels, wind turbines, and other various generators to crate power without needing to pay any bills. Sims can grow new and fresh harvestables, and learn to craft food that doesn't rely on technology. Other new features would be nectar making, canning stations and other ways to live a much more eco-friendlier life.

Amusement Parks
Sims and their families can visit huge amusement parks! Roller coaster, carousels, ferris wheels, bouncy castles, cotton candy, carnival games, and much more. Water parks are also included, offering grand water slides and unique pool games.

Fantasy World
Move your Sims into a fantasy world! Train in archery, martial arts and learn more of an interesting new culture. And biggest of all, make your Sims train fully fledged dragons. Train them by developing the new dragon training skill, and learn their distinct personalities through the many hard processes of training. Ride with them through the wonderful skies of the new world, explore hidden passageways, meet genies and more in this game pack inspired by Chinese culture.

What game pack idea do you want the most? 106 votes

Hobbies
18%
AlrynnDryodajheyjuneiceSeanT346ChampandGirlieFRENZIISigzy05giveit2meJaysimsSaturn830ThePinkBookGirlSihuAdanethSimDestroyerkaiwrysimsBrindletonDianesimsDeb2of9RNPRNEMZ_1thekoalakate 20 votes
Romantic Date
15%
Cinders27rambahadoerXxAirixXannaliese39LatinaBunnysof210673silvy732HubbiesNLoveshnailehAnastaciasgemFanPhoriaLouise_G0325poltergeistbirdonawirehoneywitchGiantshark263 16 votes
School Day
19%
auroraael14aprilroseSimsILikeSimsCorkysPetalsluthienrisingJasumiDarcVader1superpurple1AngelEb95Mayotje007ChadSims2NeiaDcD2510TamakiSakura84mikaladynightLapoepsiejpwflyr1simAryaKhaleesiprism_pop 21 votes
Tropical Vacation
13%
aelias24CynnaAnthonydyerbloodydarkanglrubahlubacatitude5domina89AgentJuliaEmmyGeeTelefeyTahabataKattlover814xXholicxX360SCORPIOofficial 14 votes
Magical Mayhem
11%
Writin_RegShansafersaviourCeCeDotLoanetSimTrippybgkublilypadmeulinHarlowandMeGamingTweetyBryceo10TTNsimmer 12 votes
Off the Grid
8%
lestatsoul3ghjdiedElenPinkmintycupcakeCandacisFreezerBunnyCowplantTaraIris94AuronoiChieftainLiaRose1435 9 votes
Amusement Parks
8%
JennyggFrancl27aaronjc123Internal_ChaosSally1502munroelefineangelGael3DLady_Ballora 9 votes
Fantasy World
4%
neutralsideBagoas77pkinitasimsRae357Missysims 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    School Day
    I want Hobbies, Romantic Date, School Day, Tropical Vacation, and Amusement Parks
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Hobbies
    I would love the Fantasy World pack (my inner How To Train Your Dragon fan is squealing with joy) but realisticly I think hobbies is the most doable one for the Sims 4 as a Game Pack.

• Options
    MissysimsMissysims Posts: 1 New Member
    Fantasy World
    I feel like we should have more realistic gameplay and bigger worlds. With more detail of the land. Maybe some medieval? Like kingdom's, with magic ability and more animal options, and a way bigger lots then what we have now. You can have sunsets, and oceans.
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    Celebrity (not listed) would be my pick
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Romantic Date
    I definetely want both the hobbies and date gamepacks with those two implemented as they are stated above not a watered down version my game would feel 100000% more complete
  • Options
    ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    Magical Mayhem
    I voted magical mayhem because I'm a sucker for anything with witches and magic and supernatural expansions have always been my favourites, but romantic date is a close second. I have great memories of hot date in sims 1, and I'd love to have something like that in 4. Also new attraction parameters would definitely make the gameplay more interesting. Maybe even return of (upgraded) Downtown from Sims 2?
    My third spot is shared by the fantasy world (because I love fantasy) and the tropical vacation one, I know there's a mod to turn granite falls into a tropical paradise but an official tropical vacation with everything you mentioned would be awesome. I'd also love a tropical world for my sims to live in.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Romantic Date
    Oh, gosh, so many good choices here! :open_mouth:

So hard to choose! :confounded:

I guess Romantic, because I loved Sims 2’s personalities and stuff like Turn Ons and Turn Offs. Would give us some details to the romance. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    Hobbies
    I voted hobbies but I want the school / romantic / magical / fantasy just as much :)
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Tropical Vacation
    I like tropical vacations. I preferred the sims 2 way of vacationing much more than sims 3. I thought that the adventure thing, and the camp, and the underground tomb exploring stunk. I thought sims 2 was much more like a vacation.

I would also like some hobbies. That sounds like fun. I think sims 2 also had a pretty good system. I remember they had those member only lots. That would go well with sims 4. Hobbies would go well with Get Together clubs. You can have a club based on a hobby. I am currently working on cooking club, my my clubmembers get offended when I use their stove and refrigerator. Darn it.
  • Options
    EmmyGeeEmmyGee Posts: 218 Member
    Tropical Vacation
    Although my heart's desire is University (not a option given), I chose Tropical Vacation. I would also like Hobbies with something like the hobby lots that were available at a certain skill level in Sims 2 where there were contests according to the type of lot, special things that could be done only on the hobby lot, etc.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Romantic Date
    Close 2nd place: Hobbies. My two most wanted game packs.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Romantic Date
    Well, first and foremost, I want Witches as the next GP. But after Witches I would love to have a Romance GP. And witches would tie in with romance, because then they could craft love potions and cast love spells.

* Matchmaker Career- start speed dating events, help sims find their soulmate, mentor in romance skill, and write books on romance.
    * Romance as a skill
    * Extravagant Weddings and Receptions
    * New Events- Speed Dating, Bachelor/Bachlorette Parties and Anniversaries
    * New Dances- Waltz, Slow Dancing, Tango
    * New Lot Types- Chapel and Bed & Breakfast
    * New Vacation World- honeymoon destination with vineyard.
    * Kissing Booth
    * Shower Woohoo
    * New Event Staff- Wedding Singer- Weddings, Band- Anniversaries
    * Wedding Toasts
    * New Family Titles- In-Laws and Step-Children
    * Cuddling- on sofa and bed
    * New Decor- rose petals and candles that give a romantic aura
    * Ability to have a Best Man and Maid of Honor
    * Dating App returns
    * Chemistry System returns
    * NPC- Cake Dancer
    * Marriage Licenses (ordered in mail or online)
    * Ability to change last name
    * New food- chocolate strawberries and oysters
    * New Proposal Types- firefly proposal, ring in cake, ring in champagne glass, proposing to wrong sim.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Amusement Parks
    I would love Theme Parks, they're my favourite kind of holiday, so I think I'd use it quite a lot, unlike camping or jungles!
    Though I'd also LOVE Fantasy World (would be a great place for Witches!), Off the Grid, Hobbies (I want ballet back for all ages!) and Magical Mayhem. I feel like all of those 4 concepts would work really well for a GP, but I think a Tropical Vacation would be too big, and would need an EP, like Island Paradise, Romance seems a bit obscure and School in general would make a great EP, with University and technical colleges, school for kids and teens with the option of Private School again and maaaaybe kindy for toddlers.
  • Options
    bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    Tropical Vacation
    Tropical Vacations, then Amusement Parks, then hobbies, then Romantic Date.
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Amusement Parks
    I would like Amusement Parks, because it would be something fairly new and could include things that have not been implemented in Sims 2 or 3. Water Parks would be awesome! But if they actually make a pack along those lines, I hope they do not neclet toddlers and include rides and activities for them. :smile:

Hobbies and Tropical Vacation would be great too!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    School Day
    I'd like all of those, but active school is definitely top of my list.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    School Day
    Active School!!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    School Day
    I need the first 4 options and a amusement park in my game... It really is a hard choice to pick just one since I'd be happy with any of the first 4 options though I'd change up a few features listed like surfing is a must for me in a tropical vacation. I ended up going with School Day as it would add the most game play for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would love a Sorcerers GP beautifully Magic animations and effects.

Followed by a Werewolves GP

I wouldn't mind a farming GP, Would love to build a vineyard, winery, Brewery, craft, name, let age, Sell to/in restaurants.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Ramen09Ramen09 Posts: 3 New Member
    A Drumset would be nice to go with the keyboard, guitars and singing.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Farms, Royals, witches and werewolves, and the end of the world. And into the past.

I don't want a fantasy setting, I want a historical one.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    Hobbies
    The romance and school ones are close second. If the former was expanded to include relationships and Sim interaction in general (not just romance) then I would probably put that one first.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Romantic Date
    While I would love a tropical world and all that, I voted for Romantic date as it really needs a revamp and add features like a chemistry system to improve some things in the game. It doesn't even need to be a game pack or anything; but included as part as another pack (like how the zodiac thing I think was part of Night Life in Sims 3 I believe).
  • Options
    thekoalakatethekoalakate Posts: 2 New Member
    Hobbies
    Hobbies is giving me flashbacks to the interests and hobbies in Sims 2! I loved those