Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Seems like no new world?? :( Well, it looks great regardless. I would have liked a new world, I'm running out of room...
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Awesome !! THANK YOU! !! I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait !! Question : Is the release date the same worldwide ? I'm in France. Merci !!
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Finally. Now just got to wait until the 22nd June.
    Seriously can’t wait :p
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited May 2018
    OK
    I have questions.
    lots of em...

some important ones:
    Will we have snow in oasis springs?
    Will we have rain in windenburg?
    Will animals be affected by the weather?
    How about the Transition between seasons?
    What about the Lightning absorber guy in the end of the Trailer?
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Ahhhh! I cannot even play my game now... I NEED this.. and it's just taunting me in my Expansion pack tab... I'm SO glad we don't have to wait until November for this.. less than 30 days until release!! WOO!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2018
    clover24 wrote: »
    Finally. Now just got to wait until the 22nd June.
    Seriously can’t wait :p

Which isn't even that long compared to the long waiting time for pets.

I mean, there's rollerskating, a new career, seasons, weird blizzard throwing stuff (?), apparently different weather effects in different worlds, all the holidays & the ability to make your own (bit generational vibe there?), and .. * I feel that my brain can't really process the amount of content in this EP trailer? Like, whut? Really?

I was so afraid to be disappointed by this & yes I'm still waiting for more info to come but ... but ... man this looks good.

ETA: *and swings (aaahhhhh), what looks like a kiddie pool (for adults to drink nectar in??), all the snow & summer activities, a santa outfit, flower arranging, ............ :love::love:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Wow, was that a festival I saw? This looks GREAT. Many of the things included in the past are back, I couldn't be happier!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I just realized ... they are bringing back "Love Day" ... they have to add slow dancing for that (pretty please)!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I think the best thing about Seasons is I'm seeing so many things we've been asking for. Maybe we're being heard after all. :)
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Awesome !! THANK YOU! !! I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait !! Question : Is the release date the same worldwide ? I'm in France. Merci !!

If it's like all the others (which it should be), they will release it based on PST. It will be released at the same time worldwide - meaning released at the same moment, but it will be at different (actual) times worldwide.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LameBabeLameBabe Posts: 49 Member
    @Netzspannung Laser Cats?? You know what that means...

140228_2750569_SNL_Digital_Short__Laser_Cats_anvver_1.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So glad swings are back, and the kiddie pool, hopefully toddlers can play inside, ooo at 0:57 a mother sim is playing with her toddler in the background! YES! always wanted to introduce my toddler to the water like in TS3.

Good catch! I was wondering why they didn't show toddlers playing in the kiddie pool.

I think it's funny to have the adult laying in the pool -- you could play a poor family that doesn't have money (or space) for a backyard pool so the adults take oer the toddler pool to cool off. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Pre-ordered.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    So glad swings are back, and the kiddie pool, hopefully toddlers can play inside, ooo at 0:57 a mother sim is playing with her toddler in the background! YES! always wanted to introduce my toddler to the water like in TS3.

Good catch! I was wondering why they didn't show toddlers playing in the kiddie pool.

I think it's funny to have the adult laying in the pool -- you could play a poor family that doesn't have money (or space) for a backyard pool so the adults take oer the toddler pool to cool off. :D
    As cute as it is, I hope that’s only childish sims who can do that.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    OK
    I have questions.
    lots of em...

some important ones:
    Will we have snow in oasis springs?
    Will we have rain in windenburg?
    Will animals be affected by the weather?
    How about the Transition between seasons?
    What about the Lightning absorber guy in the end of the Trailer?

There have been rare cases of snow in deserts such as the Sahara, so maybe?
    Probably a yes to Windenburg, it does rain in European areas.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Calendar and Holiday Celebrations: Mark your calendar for traditional holidays and create your own! Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts, and special guests.

I'd bet money this reuses the clubs system to customize holidays with various Sim behaviors.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    LameBabe wrote: »
    @Netzspannung Laser Cats?? You know what that means...

140228_2750569_SNL_Digital_Short__Laser_Cats_anvver_1.jpg

I know exactly what it means ... Some will use the cats for good, others for evil.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    Finally!
  • Options
    But can they swim in the sea? That’s all I want, summer and seaside lots!!

I don't see that coming until we get a beach vacation pack and you can do it in that world. I'd imagine worlds like Windenburg or Brindleton Bay the water would be too cold for swimming, and in the other worlds maybe there are hidden riptides making it too dangerous. Or maybe sharks with laser beams attached to their heads... B)
  • Options
    I think the best thing about Seasons is I'm seeing so many things we've been asking for. Maybe we're being heard after all. :)

We've been heard since the beginning, there's just so many things so many people wanted that it takes them a long time to make different people happy.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Seems like no new world?? :( Well, it looks great regardless. I would have liked a new world, I'm running out of room...

What would they have to leave out to add a new world? We didn't get a new world in Sims 3 Seasons.
  • Options
    Calendar and Holiday Celebrations: Mark your calendar for traditional holidays and create your own! Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts, and special guests.

I'd bet money this reuses the clubs system to customize holidays with various Sim behaviors.

And what a good way to utilize it, Clubs were never a big thing for me though and I'm not sure how good custom holidays will be.
  • Options
    But can they swim in the sea? That’s all I want, summer and seaside lots!!

I don't see that coming until we get a beach vacation pack and you can do it in that world. I'd imagine worlds like Windenburg or Brindleton Bay the water would be too cold for swimming, and in the other worlds maybe there are hidden riptides making it too dangerous. Or maybe sharks with laser beams attached to their heads... B)

Would be cool if they also added high snd low tides.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    I don’t like the trailer makes it look likes it a open world then ts4 isn’t. When they show the 4 seasons in that one lot you can’t see what one household is doing on their lot unless it’s yours. And when the sim changed the weather it made it seem as though it’s possibly their backyard and the sim who was shocked was really away, but he had to have been in that veiwing area for you to see that happen.