Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weather or Not, Here it Comes

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Definitely glad I'm playing on Long Lifespan. Judging from my experiences in Sims 2, if you didn't, the Seasons felt REALLY rushed.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    Hfhdhsutjdhdticjduf...
    Omg. I've watched the trailer about eleventy nine times. This looks awesome!

Also, is that a new world?
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    *is screaming in happiness!*
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm so excited! SEASONS! <3
    Actually gonna pre-order this one. Usually I wait until packs are on sale but this looks SO good. First EP I've been this excited about about!
    I'm so pleased holiday celebrations are coming back (and "special guests" - seasonal NPCs?! Yesss!)... I would've been really disappointed if they'd been left out. The activities look great too!
    I think this pack is going to give my game a new lease of life :D
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Pre Orderd already
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Seems like no new world?? :( Well, it looks great regardless. I would have liked a new world, I'm running out of room...

What would they have to leave out to add a new world? We didn't get a new world in Sims 3 Seasons.
    They didn't have to leave anything out to give us a new town in TS2 Seasons though...

But in TS4's case, I'd rather they don't add a new world with this, nowadays it seems to take way too much of their development budget...
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    But why is the snow so flat? Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like that snow mod?
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I hope there is freezing to death/ getting sunburns again.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    And finally sims can have flower stores with Get to Work.

Or could just sell the bouquets on the street with either City Living or Jungle Adventures (both have the sales tables).

Didn't it also say somewhere that we can make deliveries? I wonder how that works with the loading screens.
  • Options
    But why is the snow so flat? Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like that snow mod?

Do you have ANY idea how much actual 3D snow would tax your system?
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    June 22... EA's giving me a birthday present :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Calendar and Holiday Celebrations: Mark your calendar for traditional holidays and create your own! Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts, and special guests.

I'd bet money this reuses the clubs system to customize holidays with various Sim behaviors.

And what a good way to utilize it, Clubs were never a big thing for me though and I'm not sure how good custom holidays will be.

I'm of the opinion that there's no need to reinvent the wheel every pack -- if you've got a system that you can tweak to use for a different function, that frees up resources that can be used for additional content.

For my gameplay the club system might be one of the best features in the entire Sims history. It makes it easy to gather friends for events or just a night out. In one of my saves I have a brother-sister pair who both have their own families; they and their spouses are in the Sibling Revelry club and I'll send them out to dinner or to the pub to play games or down to the nightclub or bowling alley on a weekend. Their kids are all in a club, Cousins & Such, so they can meet up to play at the park or just in one of the family backyards. (Excited about adding the swings to the parks.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    ...Just saw my salary statement for this month and to hell with it; I'm pre-ordering.

Same boat. Just started a new job and this my big luxury purchase for the Summer.
    This looks so amazing! I was expecting seasons and some seasonal interactiuons, but (once again) the devs have gone WAY above and beyond.
    Eliza Pancakes needs that weather machine.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Can I just... OMG OMG .... I thought Seasons would be coming in Fall!! This is going to be AWESOME!!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    This literally looks so amazing! > I never played with seasons previously.. this makes me so happy!
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    8XSz9RS.png
    <3<3<3 just look at this
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member

Do you have ANY idea how much actual 3D snow would tax your system?
    Does this mean I have to buy a new computer? I have to turn weather off to play sims3 without massive lag. I need more information before ordering. I am going to be so disappointed if I find out my computer can't handle it.
  • Options
    You know what I really want? A setting to auto-decorate your house.
    I will NOT bother changing decorations like once every sim week.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018
    You know what I really want? A setting to auto-decorate your house.
    I will NOT bother changing decorations like once every sim week.

This is why I LOVED the seasonal lot marker. <3 I hope we get something similar.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Sims%204%20Seasons.JPG?dl=0

I know it would probably be too much work, but I hope there are season categories for clothing - ie. Winter, Summer, Spring/Autumn. And if your sim wears Winter clothing in the Summer, for example, they will overheat and wearing Summer clothes in Winter will make them freeze. If not, then I hope we at least get an outerwear category like previous editions and swimwear for toddlers.

That toddler looks so cute in her rain gear!
  • Options
    Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    I would love to buy this expansion on release day, however at a base price of $51.99, close to $60 after tax, I won't be joining in on all the excitement June 22. I'll have to wait months and months for it to come on sale at a reasonable price.Thanks EA.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I JUST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR IN EXCITEMENT
  • Options
    DeliriumDelirium Posts: 85 Member
    I'm so happy! I love rainy days and thunder! Finally we have them! Now I don't have to endure the eternal summer! Thank you Sims team ❤! Now that we have vampires and seasons is coming, all I need is a few more supernaturals and a history themed pack and I'm good!
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Is there gonna be a new world though???????
  • Options
    Sims%204%20Seasons.JPG?dl=0

I know it would probably be too much work, but I hope there are season categories for clothing - ie. Winter, Summer, Spring/Autumn. And if your sim wears Winter clothing in the Summer, for example, they will overheat and wearing Summer clothes in Winter will make them freeze. If not, then I hope we at least get an outerwear category like previous editions and swimwear for toddlers.

That toddler looks so cute in her rain gear!

That's actually what I DON'T look forward to. That's how it was in Sims 2, and it was a pain sometimes because it forced you to keep having them wear clothes you didn't want them to wear.