Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited May 2018
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @EricasFreePlay You got a lot going on there! You can get sims engaged anytime as long as they are in love. Your sim most likely got a negative memory because it was a fear they had, as well as a want. I have had that happen with having children. Sim has a wish to have another child, sim has a fear of having another child. :D Silly sims. Just lock the want and wait for the fear to re-roll.

It didn't come up as a Fear, only a Want that somehow got a negative memory after it happened.

Romance sims (and sometimes sims with a romance secondary) will get the negative memory of engagement by default. However, there appears to be a bit of fudgery with negative and positive memories sometimes - several premades have negative or positive memories that shouldn't have been assigned based on their current aspiration. Since the negative memory shouldn't affect gameplay and is probably a glitch, my vote is to ignore it.

@JULES1111 IIRC, I think some fortune sims will or could get a negative marriage memory if they married a sim who wasn't well off enough? Otherwise, it's a glitch.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes, I started another Uglacy with Don Lothario. This will be the last time if he messes up again. :(
    he dug up enough to start his business. Might as well since it's an extreme start.
    FESyipW.jpg
    He opened up the family business- Don's Gym. He also was turned into a Plantsim while building it to level 10 (5mil)
    lOzgFgW.jpg

I had a hard time figuring out his house. I just don't have the build bug any more. :cry:
    xQQGnRQ.jpg

Upstairs will be another business. I don't know what yet. He did earn a gold flower arranging badge and a silver toy badge. :)
    YE4uUwY.jpg

The main floor. I figured 2 kids once he gets married.
    T0YOkAY.jpg

I used a map I made for a different challenge
    zhim4hZ.jpg

He got abducted the first night on the telescope... I the 1st Night!
    HI0y7HI.jpg

APF9Rg7.jpg

Thing is... He left little Bean behind without a Nanny. I got a notice, too. Sitting there waiting for the worst. :(
    6KQdAcE.jpg

But no one came and got him. I don't believe I have a mod. I removed most of them after the last Don. :lol:
    Not even the wolf wanted to to be friends with little Bean.
    lNNOIau.jpg

We hired Karen Gast but she loves watching TV...
    WaESwvy.jpg
    and Drinking...
    OUlepuP.jpg
    and mopping?
    w6UXNGF.jpg

Don had a little alien boy I named Junior.
    Y7sbsmm.jpg

rSg6Viz.jpg

He did meet a nice girl to wed. She walked by his business and was trapped in talking to him.
    I really wanted the Science hobby instructor but this time it was the male. :(
    A1IfzsJ.jpg

Bean had a birthday and grew to an adorable plantsim.
    eFgBFJu.jpg
    He was given a new drumset.
    k2ephWO.jpg

Don and Carmen are in love (she is) and it seem like the townies aren't happy about it. Don loves the drama though.
    Sl99FXU.jpg
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The penguin arrived after one of the sims in my house hold built a snow man.
    Apparently he wanted to talk business about opening a clothing store. Lol
    26936779607_0e2e63b5fe_o.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @EricasFreePlay You got a lot going on there! You can get sims engaged anytime as long as they are in love. Your sim most likely got a negative memory because it was a fear they had, as well as a want. I have had that happen with having children. Sim has a wish to have another child, sim has a fear of having another child. :D Silly sims. Just lock the want and wait for the fear to re-roll.

It didn't come up as a Fear, only a Want that somehow got a negative memory after it happened.

Does that Sim have a Romance aspiration? Then it should be, as these Sims have commitment issues. Though I've also seen Fortune Sims get a negative memory in my own game for some reason. Maybe that's a bug?

Nope. My Sims are Knowledge/Family Sims.

Ya that shouldn't happen. Must just be a glitch.

@Scribal_Goddess Ya that is true. I didn't think of that.

@Rflong7 Awesome! The kids are cute. :) Especially Junior, yes my biased for alien babies is showing. :joy: Good luck with your challenge this time around. I hope it works out better this time!

@BMSO I love that penguin. I love it when he has a thought bubble of hot chocolate, it seems so twisted to talk to a snowman about hot liquid...

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Thank you, @JULES1111 You're so sweet to leave us all such fun comments. :cookie::mrgreen:

I set up a world for Cassandra Goth. I figured she'll do the Who's Your Daddy Challenge instead of the Trailer Park Challenge. :)
    The lots are old ones I made years ago. :lol:
    WdrbVyd.jpg
  • Options

Does that Sim have a Romance aspiration? Then it should be, as these Sims have commitment issues. Though I've also seen Fortune Sims get a negative memory in my own game for some reason. Maybe that's a bug?

Nope. My Sims are Knowledge/Family Sims.

Ya that shouldn't happen. Must just be a glitch.

@Scribal_Goddess Ya that is true. I didn't think of that.

@Rflong7 Awesome! The kids are cute. :) Especially Junior, yes my biased for alien babies is showing. :joy: Good luck with your challenge this time around. I hope it works out better this time!

@BMSO I love that penguin. I love it when he has a thought bubble of hot chocolate, it seems so twisted to talk to a snowman about hot liquid...

@JULES1111 Every time I play I have never seen the penguin showing the hot chocolate bubble only the desk. Lol

• Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Hi all! :)
    Nice to see how everyone is playing. I am planning to create a big Sims family, but I am not yet sure how big exactly I will make it. I would like to have teenagers and children of both genders and a toddler, but that could become difficult to play I guess. :sweat_smile:

I finished a poster pack for the Sims 2 today.

E6wqt7V.jpg

You can download the posters on my blog, if you want. :smile:
  • Options
    @Nindl Hi :mrgreen:

Love the posters! I'm downloading now. :cookie:

• Options
    @Rflong7 Oooh nice world!

@BMSO The penguin has a few different thought bubbles. I wonder why you have only seen the one. I wonder what determines which bubble comes up or if it is random?

@Nindl Nice posters! Gonna download those. Welcome back also!
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Rflong7 @JULES1111
    Hello! Thank you both very much! :)
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Those posters look really cool!

Now that my semester is ending this month I can devote more time to the Sims :)
  • Options
    Optimus is trying his hand at painting. At least he has the proportions somewhat down.
    28085301538_1c9a99b336_o.jpg

And the General stole my news paper. >.<
    28085299738_042b50337c_o.jpg

@Nindl Those posters are cool! :3

• Options
    @Brindleton Yay for more sims time!!

@BMSO Lol Transformer sims still cracks me up. :D
  • Options
    @JULES1111 Lol. Glad someone else other than me gets a good laugh off them.

• Options
    exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    Today I downloaded TS2 (again) and I can't wait to play it!
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I've been playing in Strangetown. I need to get some screenshots up but here's a run through:

Ophelia went to College, Johnny did not. While in her Junior year, Johnny proposed to Ophelia and they were married shortly after she graduated and they now live with Johnny's parents and have a little girl named Cordelia.

Tank Grunt did not go to college. He went straight into the military to be just like his father but moved out of the grunt household and into his own apartment. He and Johnny are still enemies. He met a sim named Naenae while he was still in high school and, while out shopping one afternoon, he bumped into her again, they decided to catch up, and not long after they fell in love. She moved in and shortly after that they were engaged. They married and are now homeowners. Once Naenae got to the top of her career they started a family. So far they have a little girl named Nicole.

Ripp Grunt went to college (Shocking but it was in his wants haha) and actually excelled. He was 2 "years" behind Ophelia as a freshman when she was a junior and they live in the dorms together and became great friends. When Ripp was in his Junior year his little brother Buck went to college and joined him in the same dorm. They decided to move into their own place together a semester into Buck being there. A little history with Buck: back at home Buck was a private school student and continued to excel in college. Tagging along behind Buck was Johnny's little sister Jill. Buck and Jill started dating back in high school. So Jill, Buck, and Ripp lived off campus in their own place during the remainder of their time in school. Now Jill found not only Buck attractive, but Ripp as well (in the game she kept "relaxing" with Ripp in his bed on her own so I went with the fact she'd wanted this lol) and she started secretly seeing Ripp on the side, despite the fact that Buck proposed and she accepted. The affair with Ripp continued even after college. Now she's pregnant with his baby and both Buck and Ripp don't know a thing about it (Buck thinks he's the daddy) and Jill is keeping her mouth shut. Both Buck and Jill are now married and live with General Buzz. Ripp, on the other hand, was very "busy" in college. He's had several women not really caring about them except one, Adriana. You see Ripp not only has the romance aspiration but the family one as well and he's been conflicted with his fear of commitment. He knows he loves Adriana or he would not have proposed to her, but he's not sure if he can really commit. Adding on his track record of all of the women in his life makes him scared the only woman he's ever loved will leave him.

Ahh yes, we move onto Nervous Subject lol. I've always had a very soft spot in my heart for Nervous. I feel the same about Ophelia. They grew up badly most of their lives and I wanted to give them a happy ending. In case of Nervous, He built his skills while living with the Beakers, but he still felt like something was missing. He never really had a traditional family and the Beakers never treated him like one. It was all he'd ever wanted. One day, when Circe came home from work, she brought home a friend named Nerissa. Nerissa was different. They became friends quickly (I noticed with other female sims I wanted to hook him up with they just never got along but she and Nervous just clicked in the game by themselves). Nervous had the want to move out when I initially started so when he and Nerissa got engaged In moved them out into their own apartment (They live in the same complex as Ripp). After Nervous and Nerissa moved out, The Beakers mysteriously died, by one of their experiments. They left no heirs behind. Just an empty mansion.

General Buzz still hates Pollination tech # 9 but made amends with Olive Spector and now they are close friends. Olive wants him, but he does not want her and well as part of her description says, "Olive will stop at nothing to get what she wants", so we will see where that story goes. Will she have him killed as well? I haven't gotten that far yet haha. As far The Curious brothers I haven't gotten a chance to really mess with them because I was so focused on other stories and I did move the singles in next door to the Grunts. So I still need to do something with those two households. But as you can see there has been madness in my game lol Sorry for such a long description I just have a lot going on in 2 right now lol

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    Hi all! :)
    Nice to see how everyone is playing. I am planning to create a big Sims family, but I am not yet sure how big exactly I will make it. I would like to have teenagers and children of both genders and a toddler, but that could become difficult to play I guess. :sweat_smile:

I finished a poster pack for the Sims 2 today.

E6wqt7V.jpg

You can download the posters on my blog, if you want. :smile:

Those are awesome! I will definitely add them to my game! Thanks for sharing
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Yesterday I installed Sims2 again but this time via origin. So I booted up the game and made a new save and while I was getting a cup of cappuccino I come back to see this and just had to take a pic of it.
    40205781290_98876bfe29_o.jpg

Also Pollination Techination 9 came to visit only to fake out a random wolf that appeared on the lot. (I just love that old alien.) xD
    41292995624_33b1e1229d_o.jpg

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Haven't played the sims in a while, now back into the game - create a new fresh game with a brand new sim moving into the world!

Create a sim called Nora Jones who is moving into a premade house that looks like it could be a great fixer upper once she earns the money for her new education career path.

r0bct1.jpg

Create Nora Jone as a type of woman who dresses real vintage clothes from 1950s - slightly inspires me as a character called Norma Bates from Bates Motel

BATES-MOTEL-S3-NORMA-1-e1425606889264.jpg

This is Norma Bates FYI^

2d9eioo.jpg

This is the house that Nora is currently living in - hopefully I can improve the look of the house once the money comes into Nora's bank!
  • Options
    @MzPigglyPooh :D My goodness you certainly do have a lot going on. That is one busy neighborhood.

@BMSO I will never get over your pictures...ever. Every time I see one I start laughing. :joy: I wonder what they were looking for?

@Finbar659 Wow the resemblance! You did a great job making her, she looks very much like Norma Bates!
  • Options
    @JULES1111 They were actually doing the smutle dance. Lol

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    @JULES1111 They were actually doing the smutle dance. Lol

Ok..... now THAT I need a video of!!! :joy:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @MzPigglyPooh What a fun and interesting Strangetown you have going. :mrgreen:

@Finbar659 Hi =] I'll be nice to see where her life goes. :smile:

@BMSO I'd love to see a video of that, too! :lol:

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2018
    Got busy and hadn't had time to post lately.

I have a Sim who recently became a Playable Sim (who now has 2 Loves) by graduating college and moving in with his second girlfriend after they got past some fury after being caught cheating with the Evil Cow Mascot. I forgot he had been with another Sim before her while he was at college and had the same cheating incident happen with her too (I couldn't remember which Sim he was with first so I moved him in with the first one he was romantic with, which happened to be the second girlfriend LOL). The first girlfriend invited him over to see if they could get past the fury, patch things up and at least be friends. They ended up making out and he fell in love with her again. I kinda want him back with her since she was the first girl he fell for, but she only has a Crush on him even though the Daily and Lifetime Relationship scores are high enough for her to fall in love with him again. I'm thinking of getting all 3 in the same house and having him cheat on the newer girlfriend, move out and go back to the first one. But she just met a new guy who was in the Welcome Wagon of Sims who come to welcome new Sims to a new neighborhood.

Oh and the dorm all 3 of these Sims came from is a lot quieter since moving out 3 other former students who were fighting. I still have 2 guys left that are fighting (one of those 2 is in an on again/off again romantic relationship with another male student). I need to figure out how to get them out of the dorm but I have run out of room in the town I am playing for more houses.

Update on this story: The first girlfriend of the guy involved in this triangle has moved on. She is now with Mickey Smith (this story is taking place in Four Corners from The Sims Life Stories). She eventually moved in with Mickey, opening up her old house for another couple to move into.

Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • Options
    Got busy and hadn't had time to post lately.

I have a Sim who recently became a Playable Sim (who now has 2 Loves) by graduating college and moving in with his second girlfriend after they got past some fury after being caught cheating with the Evil Cow Mascot. I forgot he had been with another Sim before her while he was at college and had the same cheating incident happen with her too (I couldn't remember which Sim he was with first so I moved him in with the first one he was romantic with, which happened to be the second girlfriend LOL). The first girlfriend invited him over to see if they could get past the fury, patch things up and at least be friends. They ended up making out and he fell in love with her again. I kinda want him back with her since she was the first girl he fell for, but she only has a Crush on him even though the Daily and Lifetime Relationship scores are high enough for her to fall in love with him again. I'm thinking of getting all 3 in the same house and having him cheat on the newer girlfriend, move out and go back to the first one. But she just met a new guy who was in the Welcome Wagon of Sims who come to welcome new Sims to a new neighborhood.

Oh and the dorm all 3 of these Sims came from is a lot quieter since moving out 3 other former students who were fighting. I still have 2 guys left that are fighting (one of those 2 is in an on again/off again romantic relationship with another male student). I need to figure out how to get them out of the dorm but I have run out of room in the town I am playing for more houses.

Update on this story: The first girlfriend of the guy involved in this triangle has moved on. She is now with Mickey Smith (this story is taking place in Four Corners from The Sims Life Stories). If she eventually moves in with Mickey, this will open up her old house for another couple to move into.

Hi :)

What a fun tangle you have going. :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top