Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Happy timezones everyone!
    How's everyone's day/night going so far?

Hi Bugsie!

I'm doing okay. For some reason I feel super cold today and can't seem to warm up.

How are you? (And everyone else! :))

I'm alright. Might work on PTLT for a bit. Got a few paragraphs written. I took another lazy day but I don't mind as I'm almost 80% done with french work. Just another 150-ish words to memorise and I'm done. Then got other stuff to do but french is the important one as I have the test next week!! :)

Congrats on the French progress! I loved doing languages in school but I'm so out of practice now.

Work is going at a snails pace today so I'm taking breaks to write a little.

Now looking for decor houses (so I don't have to build a village for next chapter...) It's hard work looking for them and haven't even started on pose searching. XD
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,762 Member
    Interesting a Winnipeg company made an app for police for people hearing voices
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Hi Bugsie!

I'm doing okay. For some reason I feel super cold today and can't seem to warm up.

I'm alright. Might work on PTLT for a bit. Got a few paragraphs written. I took another lazy day but I don't mind as I'm almost 80% done with french work. Just another 150-ish words to memorise and I'm done. Then got other stuff to do but french is the important one as I have the test next week!! :)

Congrats on the French progress! I loved doing languages in school but I'm so out of practice now.

Now looking for decor houses (so I don't have to build a village for next chapter...) It's hard work looking for them and haven't even started on pose searching. XD

I agree. Sometimes I find it as time consuming to find the right lot as it is to build it!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

Hi Bugsie!

I agree. Sometimes I find it as time consuming to find the right lot as it is to build it!

I found a way around it!!
    tumblr_p757fxsPgV1wv47k8o1_540.png
    It's literally walls with windows and doors. :lol:
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Allow me to advertise by quoting song lyrics:

Into the woods
    It's time to go
    I hate to leave
    I have to go
    Into the woods
    It's time, and so
    I must begin my journey

I was in that play once! (Teen production.) I was the Mysterious Man!

That's a great part! Did you double cast and do the narrator as well?

Nah. The director was doing this convoluted concept involving a lot of sticks, so for reasons that do exist but are hard to explain there was no such double casting. In this cast at least – Milky-White was the Giant and Cinderella’s Mom.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @chalicen ! How you doing?
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

Hi! Sorry bout the late reply, I keep falling asleep, and it's in the middle of the afternoon! I don't know why I can't seem to wake up. Maybe it's because I'm stuck inside because of the storm, in bed all day, eating leftover pizza... Argh. *Slaps self*
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    chalicen wrote: »

Hi! Sorry bout the late reply, I keep falling asleep, and it's in the middle of the afternoon! I don't know why I can't seem to wake up. Maybe it's because I'm stuck inside because of the storm, in bed all day, eating leftover pizza... Argh. *Slaps self*

thats not a bad day. a bad day is when your stuck inside because of the rain and have no pizza or power. see you could have it worse.
  • Options
    actually no a bad day is when you get up for no reason because someone repeatedly texts you you have a meeting. then after your up and dressed without coffee since you have a meeting then miday you find out the meeting was their meeting not yours.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

thats not a bad day. a bad day is when your stuck inside because of the rain and have no pizza or power. see you could have it worse.

That's me at the moment! :D
    actually no a bad day is when you get up for no reason because someone repeatedly texts you you have a meeting. then after your up and dressed without coffee since you have a meeting then miday you find out the meeting was their meeting not yours.

Oh dear! That does sound like a bad day. :(
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm gonna try to get myself to finally finish those poses so i can finish this chapter of UL and get to work on my new story.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Actually, my poses should be done. I cut out the last two sets because i realized i didn't need them.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Going to ask for a favour...

Working on the next PTLT chapter and in one pic it's supposed to be raining. But, obviously it can't rain in game. I haven't taken any pics for this chapter yet as I've been trying to figure this out. So, does anyone know how to do that and would be willing to do it for me... I promise it's one picture and I will give you credit for the help. I'm just a terrible perfectionist and spent ages in gimp working through the only tutorial for that program on how to edit in rain (using a test photo) but it doesn't look good to me. Anyone want to help?? I wouldn't normally ask but I have this scene in my head and I kinda want to show it. Thanks!!
  • Options

Working on the next PTLT chapter and in one pic it's supposed to be raining. But, obviously it can't rain in game. I haven't taken any pics for this chapter yet as I've been trying to figure this out. So, does anyone know how to do that and would be willing to do it for me... I promise it's one picture and I will give you credit for the help. I'm just a terrible perfectionist and spent ages in gimp working through the only tutorial for that program on how to edit in rain (using a test photo) but it doesn't look good to me. Anyone want to help?? I wouldn't normally ask but I have this scene in my head and I kinda want to show it. Thanks!!

Hi! Before I say anything else, there are mods, I believe, that lets you create a wall of rain in-game, if you didn't know about it. Such as this one here modthesims.info/d/602760 :)
    That being said, if you don't like the mod, I could help you edit in rain, though I am in no way an expert.
  • Options

Hi! Before I say anything else, there are mods, I believe, that lets you create a wall of rain in-game, if you didn't know about it. Such as this one here modthesims.info/d/602760 :)
    That being said, if you don't like the mod, I could help you edit in rain, though I am in no way an expert.

Nope. I didn't know. Thanks!!! :smiley:
  • Options

Nope. I didn't know. Thanks!!! :smiley:

No problem, hope it works out!
  • Options
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Hiya. You're welcome to post questions like that directly on this thread :)
    In answer to your question... It's definitely okay to not have pictures or screenshots, though most SimLit do have them. My own legacy story doesn't have any screenshots. Another good example of SimLit without screenshots is @rednenemon 's The Racket-Rotter Chronicles. So I'd say, go for it!
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

In answer to your question... It's definitely okay to not have pictures or screenshots, though most SimLit do have them. My own legacy story doesn't have any screenshots. Another good example of SimLit without screenshots is @rednenemon 's The Racket-Rotter Chronicles. So I'd say, go for it!

okie thankies! Though demons doesn't exist in TS4 I'll make it anyway... :T (which is one of the reasons I'll use drawings)
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

okie thankies! Though demons doesn't exist in TS4 I'll make it anyway... :T (which is one of the reasons I'll use drawings)

Ooh yay! You're writing a simLit @Shadyboop ? With demons?? I'm so on board with this! And yep, there are really no rules with simLit and awesome that you're using drawings. I love your style! So full of character! XD
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

Ooh yay! You're writing a simLit @Shadyboop ? With demons?? I'm so on board with this! And yep, there are really no rules with simLit and awesome that you're using drawings. I love your style! So full of character! XD

Thanks, man! :wink:
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @chalicen @Shadyboop

And let's just say that at certain points in the story, you would be glad that there aren't pictures.

The main antagonist is just that nasty a piece of work.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @chalicen @Shadyboop

And let's just say that at certain points in the story, you would be glad that there aren't pictures.

The main antagonist is just that nasty a piece of work.

whats his names mom? i forget whos mom because i never made it past chapter 1.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good afternoon, folks!

It's been a while since I did Short Story Saturday. Meet a new character in the Balderdash world. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/balderdash-perception/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top