Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of clubs did you create using the club system?

Comments

• Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    My two main clubs are in my legacy save. They're two "kids hanging around being kids" clubs, and there's one for each generation of children (though the Neighbourhood Kids aren't anymore). One, the "Neighbourhood Kids", contains the kids who moved into the neighbourhood with their parents way back when the place was first built, and has changed in purpose as the kids grew from "study buddies and monkey bars" to "study buddies and vidya games" to "go out on the town, dance half the night and chat the other half". The Kids' Kids are, well, exactly that - the now-adult Neighbourhood Kids' children. They're a similar club to their parents', though right now there's only four of them (there'll be more once the toddlers age up, though).
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    I've had a friends club for my teen sim called "teens only, fools" (bonus points if you get the reference). It was basically a way for my sim to keep track of his friend group (though it's kinda sad cause I made him immortal using mods, so all his friends age up without him). I also made a similar club for my child sim, but all of her friends aged up at their first club meeting. I've also made a "do my housework" club which has cleaning objects as a club activity. I summon them whenever I need free housekeeping. And last but not least, the cult. Yep. They all wear those grim reaper robes and have club activities such as singing, meditating, and making speeches.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I was never too into the whole club thing.. Only clubs I ever created have had something to do with dancing because the group dance option is so satisfying for me to watch :''D
  • Options
    j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    I've used them mostly just to keep siblings and cousins together during a legacy play.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like the club system, but I can be a complete airhead and forget it exists sometimes I don't use it as often as I'd like to though I have used it to create a country club for some of the richer ladies, a basic club for kids that were meant to grow up together their activities changed here and there, either just hanging out by the pool or watching television. Though I made a new save and put it to use to make an activity center with more...activity. Like classes a community center, although while I was testing it it was kind of late so I'll have to visit it again and see how the kids do with it.
    41015113331_8e6a34499d_b.jpg
    The music room didn't get as much attention as the others did but we'll see if peeps rotate next time, I made clubs with one activity to make sure they 'took' the right class.
    41015113951_efd6cd920c_b.jpg
    He was kind of like a teacher dressed like this but he didn't seem to have a tag or I wasn't paying attention.
    27144155458_cb5e96d814_b.jpg
    After using the main kitchen she came up to the sub space I didn't set them to eat but baking was good.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I've kind of forgotten about the club system recently, but I love some of the ideas here. I have a club called Black Widow ;) As the name says, it's for my black widow character and besides her, only men are allowed to join. They must have a minimum amount of money of course. Another one is The Mob, for the criminals in town. They have a secret special hangout in the basement of one of their houses, plotting and scheming, against the town and each other. There's one for genius children too, their own little mensa, so they can socialize with other great minds.

I just realized that I really should make one for teens too, I don't give them much in my game. Well, they're getting a huge entertainment complex soon, so that should be fun.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Question: If you're setting up clubs for townies, you have to 'play' as one of them first, right? You can't just set up random clubs that don't include whatever Sim you happen to be on?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Yes, you do have to pop into houses but the sims don't have to know one another sims will fill the list and you can include whoever you like from the list.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes, you do have to pop into houses but the sims don't have to know one another sims will fill the list and you can include whoever you like from the list.

I thought so, thanks. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

I thought so, thanks. :)

Yea its a lot of work. I wonder if someone uploaded a save with a world filled with premade clubs with nps.
  • Options
    Sure thing, it goes by pretty quickly but one could just take over the clubs that already exist and just change what they do and where they meet to make it go faster.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I use them a lot for the royalty of each land. King and Queen Oasis Springs, King and Queen of Willow Creek etc. so that they can meet up for their royal balls and such. Then I have the children form their own group as well for royal play dates and such.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love some of your ideas, guys, and I will be borrowing them!
    I use clubs a lot in my game and I find it one of the best, if not the best, new feature to the game.
    I enjoy having control over my neighbourhoods and I use it as some mentioned to populate lots with sims I want to hang out there.
    I also sometimes use it for taking care of my households' gardens or cleaning and repairing the homes. I usually have one called "Friendly Neighbours" that goes around fixing things, and cleaning, and helping out wherever needed. (Always leaving space for whatever sim I am playing so they can join the club and use the club benefits)
    I also have at least 2 or 3 kids' clubs and a couple of teen ones. A Spa going club, and a hipster club that gathers at a coffee shop are also a must in my games.

One I love to create when I play a mixologist or chef is an "after work" club. Since working in the industry means to be off at fairly unsociable hours and such, I create a club for hospitality sims only. Where they meet at a cheap bar after work for some drinks a a game of darts or fuzzball. That is something I used to do in real life when I worked in hospitality and I love doing it in my game. Plus it gives the bar an atmosphere I love when visiting with other households.

Not long ago, I created an eco yoga retirement and since then, I have a "vegetarian wellness" club that gathers there some weekends to have a couple of days of healthy food and peaceful meditation.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    @Simsweetie that’s a good idea I’ve used mcc before to set up a dress requirement in certin towns before for this kind of stuff but I never thought to use the club system.

Speaking of retirement, I think I’ll make a retirement home for some of my elder sims and just use the club system as a gather tool in the common areas. I wish there was a way to assign rooms to individual sims but at least I can build one big common area as there hangout club room. Hopefully it works this will be my first time attempting this.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was thinking of creating a Real Housewives Of Windenburg but never got around to it. I might give it a try soon.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've always thought of using the club system to create feuding families but never got round to it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've always thought of using the club system to create feuding families but never got round to it.

I'm working on recreating the sims from S2 for a S4 save. You could have the Monty's vs, The Capp's. :D
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

I'm working on recreating the sims from S2 for a S4 save. You could have the Monty's vs, The Capp's. :D

I was thinking of two cowboy families - The Hatfields and The McCoys - and have them live and feud in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2018
    Question: If you're setting up clubs for townies, you have to 'play' as one of them first, right? You can't just set up random clubs that don't include whatever Sim you happen to be on?

No, you don't. If you set a club to certain traits, you can add them when you form the club. There is also a club interaction when you meet someone to invite them to join the club. A playable needs to start the club, though.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    I usually use mine for the skill-building boost. I had Johnny Zest start a club for playing instruments and telling jokes before, for example. My absolute favorite is the teen club, where activities include dancing and doing homework. There is some version of that in most of my neighborhoods.

YFEYTX.png

When I had the Get to College mod, I also had Tri-Var and Oresha Hoh Var, which you might remember if you played UNI in TS2. Activities included drinking, pub games, homework, and flirting with members of the corresponding club. The YA females had to be Cheerful, and the YA males had to be Outgoing or a Bro. I might create those in my Newcrest University neighborhood again.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    I hope the sims team remembers to add club activities and rules when they make seasons and universities (if they do) When a new pack comes out I’m always worried they’ve completely forgotten about the club system.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    In one save I'm trying to build a Kingdom, I used clubs to create a monarchy.
    The Crown (The royal family with the King as the head of course.)
    the King's Court (Lords of the Realm, each serving a skill quality.)
    the Royal Guard (Knights)
    then the Lords each hold reign of their own Clubs to serve the Lords and the Crown.
    Mages Guild (To be a group of Magic Users in the future)

Then I have Aristocratic clubs, Founding Fathers.
    Government Club
    Religious Clubs
    Vigilante Club
    Rebel Club
    Hunters Club
    Authors Club - Led by Shakespeare, the Grimm brothers
    Musicians - Led by Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson, Drake, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Demi Lovato.
    5 Guys Named Moe - designated Jazz group
    Artists - Led by Leonardo De Vinci
    The Jokers - Robin Williams, James Corden, Kevin Hart, Chris Pratt, Amy Schumer, Mo'Nique, Lesile Jones, Betty White.

Thinking about creating cliques for teens
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Think I misread that question, you can of course be on a sim after the club is created and have them apply for invite or just join whatever it said but I don't know how to create a club entirely without being in charge of the club leader at least once.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I may have made a few woohoo clubs for when I really needed my sims to get a date...not my proudest moment. I've also made a slave club in the past. They cook my food and clean for me. What's not to like? I usually have clubs for the kids, too, just so they can make some friends.
    Recently, though, I've been using it to make vampires clans. I'm having a lot of fun making the vampires for them, and imagining their backstories.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    I may have made a few woohoo clubs for when I really needed my sims to get a date...not my proudest moment. I've also made a slave club in the past. They cook my food and clean for me. What's not to like? I usually have clubs for the kids, too, just so they can make some friends.
    Recently, though, I've been using it to make vampires clans. I'm having a lot of fun making the vampires for them, and imagining their backstories.

My gardening Sim in one of my legacies has a farm and calls Garden Gnomes meetings at her place to get free farm labor. I know the struggle. :D:D:D:D