Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of clubs did you create using the club system?

Comments

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    More I use the clubs, the more I really find them useful. I use the existing Maxis clubs extensively and have even made some changes. For instance, the Paragons and the Renegades are now teen only clubs with the same activities and hangouts they came with. I will create a little mischief kids club for the misplaced kid from Renegades and a more neutral teen club.

I have also activated the hidden Maxis clubs, the Halibut one and the art club. Thinking maybe of activating the gaming and the cosplay club as well or maybe just creating them myself.

From scratch, I've only created one club so far; the We Keep on Tickin’ for my elders. My only elder in my rotational play (so far) needed some friends and maybe some romance in his life so I had him create this club where only elders are elegeble and invited most of the housed premades along with some nonhoused townie elders. Then I had them meet in the Community center and had the activities, apart from socials (being friendly and romantic), drink from the bar and play the gaming tables there.

I have other ideas I've had but haven't implemented yet:
    For story purposes for instance I think it would be neat to have an amateur detectives club (where I plan on having Agnes Crumblebottom as a leader and the hangout will be her place) and a retired detectives club (for all the Sims that have at some point in their lives worked in the Police career and the Agent career) and the meeting place will be a bar OR a bowling alley.

Then I am thinking of a specific activities clubs like for a club for movie goers (as I have at least one cinema lot in game), a bowling club and a dating club(s), even an all girls club where the hangout is the spa.

I also have planned a kids club for kids ONLY living in the city/apartments (and townie kids that were generated when I installed City Living) where they can meet at each other places or even in the city park. It may just be me, but I find the kids in the city are a bit isolated from the rest of the kids. Not in a sense that I never see them in other hoods walking around (which they always are), but more that I rarely see kids from other hoods coming to the city at all.

I also plan on creating a special vampire club when I finally start playing with the vampires.

But all in all, the club system is maybe one of my most favorite features in Sims 4 so far.
  • Options
    Louise_WordsworthLouise_Wordsworth Posts: 33 Member
    Loving the romance/WooHoo idea, stealing that, as I dislike romances only budding when I make my sim spam flirty actions towards other sims. I love that clubs make unplayed sims more autonomous - but still within what we, the player, want them to do.

And as I was re-reading I remembered The Sim Supply made prison gangs in his prison challenge. That was hilarious and I would love to do that. One gang did the gardening, one did the cooking, and they would fight each other. And the Warden fought everyone lol. He had a mod so that he could have more than 8 sims in his household though.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2018
    Typical Social Clubs.
    This gives groups of my sims particular places to hang out.
    12-26-15_8-50-47nbspAM.png

This gives more life to dance clubs/bars and in this case frees up the bar for other sims.
    12-26-15_8-53-02nbspAM.png

Comedy club.
    I had a comedy area in my dance club that was never used until I made a comedy club.
    I really love this.
    10-23-16_5-57-42nbspPM.png

A nearby buffet table allows sims to have dinner and a show.
    12-26-15_9-01-45nbspAM.png

Romantic Couples clubs.
    A sim and their partner only. This allows me to set a hangout where my sims can be romantic.
    This adds more life to my game when I see my other sims out and about being romantic when I am not playing them.
    It also keeps the relationships healthy.
    12-26-15_2-43-01nbspPM.png

Movie Night club.
    01-15-16_6-06-11nbspPM.png

01-15-16_6-13-38nbspPM.png

Cat Girl Club.
    I have a custom life state: Cat Sims.
    The club system is a good way to have them hang out in certain places and give them behaviors.
    02-03-16_1-34-57nbspAM.png

Denied.png

That Deadly Reality Show club.
    I tried a reality show challenge. The club system was a good way to keep things organized.
    03-07-16_8-31-35nbspAM.png

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2018
    Double post.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited April 2018
    yeah, I like clubs when I remember to use them, lol. Some ones I use consistently are Vampire club, usually led by Vlad, so they can gather and do Vampire Things. I also usually end up making a kid club for each kid aspiration--so there's a Creative Kids Club, and a Rambunctious Kids Club, that kind of thing. Here's my latest Youth Chess Club (for kids and teens) hangin' out at my sims house, all crowded around the one chess table :-D
    HTjqKv1.png
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited April 2018
    I just had 4 vampires give birth, so tonight I'm gonna make a "Momsferatu" club for vampire mommys and their toddlers. That way the little vamps can get a jumpstart on their Social skills when they get older.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I usually create ones that have to do with books, music, art, or handiness. I adore seeing my Sims getting creative and artistic, and making their skills go up is something that never stops being useful.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Love the club system in this game that I've already created so many. I have to look at my clubs list right now to make sure I don't forget any, but I have:

- A purely social club for hanging out together.
    - An animal lovers club for sims with Dog and/or Cat lover traits.
    - A club for only wealthy and career-driven sims. While wealthy in the club requirements is 30k, I only invite those much wealthier than that (200k+). 30k is still too low for me.
    - A club for bad sims to cause as much chaos as possible (I have 2 of these because I have a good number of "bad" sims).
    - A club for (classy) drinkers that gathers at bars.
    - An artist only club that gathers at museums.
    - A male only club that tries to please female sims, but not in the way you're probably thinking :D.
    - Another male only club that does the same, but I made this one to be rivals with the other one.
    - A cooking club.
    - I have a dojo "house" and I have a club for the owner of that dojo that gathers there. They currently do stuff like yoga, meditation, etc. I'm just waiting for martial arts to get into this game.
    - A female only gardening/outdoors club that gathers at parks.
    - A writing club that gathers at libraries.
    - A childish adults-only club.
    - A workout club that gathers at the gym.
    - A gamers club (pros only).
    - A parenting club.
    - A club for party animals that gathers at nightclubs.
    - I have a club for geniuses but it's more based on storyline. The leader is basically my lead detective sim and he's invited sims he's known over time who are geniuses and can help him solve cases. They gather at libraries.
    - An astronomer and scientist only club.
    - A musicians only club that gathers at lounges.
    - A teens only club.

That's all I've made so far. I still plan on making more, like a swimming club and singers club, mostly because I'd like to have a club that should gather at each venue type so that way I'll see more sims roaming around when I do visit those venues.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @Astraelis Very nice list of clubs. How do your bad clubs work? I have clubs to be mean and fight with other sims but they don't seem to do it autonomously.
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @Astraelis Very nice list of clubs. How do your bad clubs work? I have clubs to be mean and fight with other sims but they don't seem to do it autonomously.

Unfortunately I have the same problem. They only do it autonomously with their own club members from what I've noticed but they don't interact with other sims at all. I've made sure that MCC isn't interfering with the Autonomous Mean interaction option and it isn't. As for the fight option, I don't think it would normally work because your relationship bar needs to be a certain level of red, so unless there's a sim nearby who they really hate, they won't be able to do it autonomously. I personally haven't seen my sims do that except with their own club members. I haven't played any sim in my bad clubs for a while so I've kind of just forgotten about it, also because of this problem. I could set the "Don't Be Mean to Club" option to not have them fight with each other but then they just do nothing.

Anyway it's my first bad club that has sims be mean and fight with others. I like my second one a bit more because it works a lot better. My second bad club is more about hacking, sabotaging, stealing, and other less direct forms of causing trouble.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Intrigued by creating an Italian Mafia.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I generally make clubs as certain clicks for some of my sims that are supposed to be friends with each other. I also do create different clubs for speciffic interests; for example I have a metalheads club for some of my metal sims to just drink bar drinks and listen to tunes (that I put in the game so they can listen to metal music).
  • Options
    TwilightSimmerTwilightSimmer Posts: 97 Member
    I use clubs so my single sims can find love or so my vampire kids can make friends.
  • Options
    AilurophiletteAilurophilette Posts: 49 Member
    Astreon wrote: »
    Love the club system in this game that I've already created so many. I have to look at my clubs list right now to make sure I don't forget any, but I have:

- A purely social club for hanging out together.
    - An animal lovers club for sims with Dog and/or Cat lover traits.
    - A club for only wealthy and career-driven sims. While wealthy in the club requirements is 30k, I only invite those much wealthier than that (200k+). 30k is still too low for me.
    - A club for bad sims to cause as much chaos as possible (I have 2 of these because I have a good number of "bad" sims).
    - A club for (classy) drinkers that gathers at bars.
    - An artist only club that gathers at museums.
    - A male only club that tries to please female sims, but not in the way you're probably thinking :D.
    - Another male only club that does the same, but I made this one to be rivals with the other one.
    - A cooking club.
    - I have a dojo "house" and I have a club for the owner of that dojo that gathers there. They currently do stuff like yoga, meditation, etc. I'm just waiting for martial arts to get into this game.
    - A female only gardening/outdoors club that gathers at parks.
    - A writing club that gathers at libraries.
    - A childish adults-only club.
    - A workout club that gathers at the gym.
    - A gamers club (pros only).
    - A parenting club.
    - A club for party animals that gathers at nightclubs.
    - I have a club for geniuses but it's more based on storyline. The leader is basically my lead detective sim and he's invited sims he's known over time who are geniuses and can help him solve cases. They gather at libraries.
    - An astronomer and scientist only club.
    - A musicians only club that gathers at lounges.
    - A teens only club.

That's all I've made so far. I still plan on making more, like a swimming club and singers club, mostly because I'd like to have a club that should gather at each venue type so that way I'll see more sims roaming around when I do visit those venues.

That's a really good list of clubs and I really like it!
    Origin ID: Ailurophilette | The Honeycomb Legacy |
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Got the EP less than a week ago, so still getting used to it. Mostly having social clubs for teens and YA to hang out and get more acquainted, but also some career or skill/interest related. In addition I use them for community administration and find it useful that when pointing at a sim it shows if s/he has a community assignment. I wanted to create a scouts club, but uniform/warm/cold weather is a challenge. Planning to create a singles traveling club.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have only used a club with my vampire families. Unleash them on a nightclub for feeding time >:)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    I've just created a club for geeks. I put an arcade machine in one of the cafes in Windenburg and they play on that. They still disappear for cups of coffee and croissants though.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I really need to make more use of the clubbing system.

For those that use them to fill up Lots, do you find npc groups gathering often?

I tend to make career clubs, as I have some fake career Lots - such as an office for the business career, a cooking Lot for culinary etc- and I have the sims in the same career meet up so they can get to know each other and I can pretend they are at their jobs and get some good screenshots.
  • Options

For those that use them to fill up Lots, do you find npc groups gathering often?

I tend to make career clubs, as I have some fake career Lots - such as an office for the business career, a cooking Lot for culinary etc- and I have the sims in the same career meet up so they can get to know each other and I can pretend they are at their jobs and get some good screenshots.

@elanorbreton Clubs gather autonomously very often but to a maximum of two. I'm interested in the fake career lots you speak of. I definitely need a good cooking lot and an office.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

I kinda do something like this only I make a soup kitchen career and lot where people come and cook, talk and hang out and my less foutunate sims can gather and eat and stay.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'm interested in the fake career lots you speak of. I definitely need a good cooking lot and an office.
    I downloaded an office complex made by PropertySimmer, which I use as per under the Spoiler (I did edit the Lot somewhat for my own requirements). Then I have a separate Lot I use for the entertainer career, one for athletic and an astronaut centre. I place all sims in all worlds in a career and then they all join the relevant career club to meet up at the venues.
    The Office Block:
    Office.png?dl=0

Criminal Basement:
    Criminal.png?dl=0

Culinary Ground Floor with reception and toilet area:
    Culinary.png?dl=0

Painter 1st Floor:
    Painter.png?dl=0

Tech Guru/Secret Agent 2nd Floor:
    Tech_Spy.png?dl=0

Business Top Floor:
    Business.png?dl=0
  • Options
    pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    I currently have an evil vampire who has started a painting club which has made her a large profit. Activities are painting an drinking plasma, and she usually makes at least a couple thousand from a two or three hour session.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    pihwht wrote: »
    I currently have an evil vampire who has started a painting club which has made her a large profit. Activities are painting an drinking plasma, and she usually makes at least a couple thousand from a two or three hour session.

Ah, clever vamp! :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I have a house wife’s club. Also family club and couple kids and teens clubs.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I made a club members only lot and set it as generic, but when I go into my club details, the option to use that lot is not there. I thought you could use generic lots for that now.