Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    With all loss comes new inspiration. I will not only do what I described, but also create some new storylines which I think will be very interactive and fun to tell. It will feature some Streamers, their labs, and a human captive. The human will be sending “bottled messages” through the Bizoo forum, encoding her meaning in pop culture references and puzzles that you will have to decode (with my help, of course) and which will reveal bits of the Streamers’ plans!

Bottled messages? Cool!
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Xantheanmar I'm sorry for your data loss. But your new story-plan sounds awesome! So like you said, loss creates new inspiration.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    edited March 2018
    Anyone who wants to be added to the secret message plotline, I'm going to set up a PM. Post here and I'll add you!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Anyone who wants to be added to the secret message plotline, I'm going to set up a PM. Post here and I'll add you!

Add me! (I'm on mobile , so I don't have my long response to all your great ideas now ; I'll be back later with that !)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    With all loss comes new inspiration. I will not only do what I described, but also create some new storylines which I think will be very interactive and fun to tell. It will feature some Streamers, their labs, and a human captive. The human will be sending “bottled messages” through the Bizoo forum, encoding her meaning in pop culture references and puzzles that you will have to decode (with my help, of course) and which will reveal bits of the Streamers’ plans!

I'm so impressed and inspired by your new inspiration!

Sad for the loss--grateful for the way you're responding to it!

I think that your plans and ideas will add something very essential to our stories! I've been sort of wondering how to advance the whole Streamer plotline...

@RipuAncestor 's latest chapter is, to me, very sad--nearly brought me to tears when we were writing it. It's because it shows an innocent learning about some of the terrible things happening in the universe... things that people do to each other because of not-right thinking.

And so, we have, for sure, established this capacity in our story. Your ideas fit within the realm of what's been established. And it makes sense, if we have rebels, that there will also be casualties. :/:(:'(

Also! Meadow has been about to write Dove! (Big extended-family news to share.) I would think she would do this, anyway. And it might be interesting to see what comes of it... how clone-Dove responds, or if she does, and how Meadow responds to that. I wouldn't mind inserting Meadow and her fam into the collab a bit more directly!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I had an emergency with a ceiling caving in. So I'm popping in to say that I'll be getting back to writing another update next week hopefully after the office is emptied and the ceiling repairs get underway.

I'll catch up on stories soon too <3 and sorry to hear about that save file loss. I did that to my 100 baby challenge and i don't remember how i saved it.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Caving in ceilings are scary. Hope no one was hurt.
    image.png
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Yup, everyone is fine. :]
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Yup, everyone is fine. :]

Glad to hear that.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Marilee has been busy adjusting to being a big sister, learning that not everyone wants to be friends, and trying out the violin this week.
    A Matter of Trust
    Calm Before the Storm
    New Arrivals
    Teamwork
    Making Plans

RhCNj2o.png?1
    image.png
  • Options
    @TresaofPern Marilee is so adorable! I love her hair, and I really love her smile!

• Options
    Thanks, @CathyTea I call her Minnie Mouse. ;)
    image.png
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    fGZ4VWX.jpg

Magnolia finds some answers while Blossom slumbers on in chapter 6!

At the end of this chapter...
    ...Magnolia finally makes a post on the forum!
    The next chapter will have a bit more info about her thought process before/as she's typing her post and hopefully include the feedback she gets!
    What she does next is going to heavily depend on the advice she gets on the forum. :)

D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    I had forgotten I wanted to try to work the forum into my story this round too, so maybe I could use Magnolia's post as a way to do that. Have to have a look first of course.
    image.png
  • Options
    Went ahead and posted as Reyansh, since I had an idea. I'll build a story around it tomorrow.
    image.png
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    New chapter!

Wendy has gone to find help... but did she make the right move?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    In which, Reyansh posts in the bizoo forum.

Firsts

image.png
  • Options
    So I just realized that I made a HUGE error in my last chapter in all my excitement to finally get a plot going....
    Magnolia fully acknowledged the idea that Blossom is a clone, but now that I look over the forums again I can't find a post where clones are mentioned!

I feel silly.

I'm going to proceed based on the idea that there was a forum post about it, and fortunately I didn't reference any particular post.

Is the agency aware of most of the kids being clones?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    So I just realized that I made a HUGE error in my last chapter in all my excitement to finally get a plot going....
    Magnolia fully acknowledged the idea that Blossom is a clone, but now that I look over the forums again I can't find a post where clones are mentioned!

I feel silly.

I'm going to proceed based on the idea that there was a forum post about it, and fortunately I didn't reference any particular post.

Oh! Good question! Hmmm.... Sure, let's say that there was a post at the forums about this topic.

So, the folks at the agency would know that some kids don't have belly buttons, and some do. I don't think they know why some don't. (Whisper has a belly button because she is NOT a clone--she's Situ's daughter. Manny has a belly button because his was created surgically for cosmetic reasons, so he wouldn't feel stigmatized [I think? I'm not entirely sure...]. Some clones have belly buttons if they have been gestated within a person...)

Summer, of course, would know that many of the kids are rescued clones. I doubt she'd tell anyone...

I can't think of a reason that anyone at the agency would know there were clones amongst the kids--how would they tell?

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »

I feel silly.

Oh! Good question! Hmmm.... Sure, let's say that there was a post at the forums about this topic.

So, the folks at the agency would know that some kids don't have belly buttons, and some do. I don't think they know why some don't. (Whisper has a belly button because she is NOT a clone--she's Situ's daughter. Manny has a belly button because his was created surgically for cosmetic reasons, so he wouldn't feel stigmatized [I think? I'm not entirely sure...]. Some clones have belly buttons if they have been gestated within a person...)

Summer, of course, would know that many of the kids are rescued clones. I doubt she'd tell anyone...

I can't think of a reason that anyone at the agency would know there were clones amongst the kids--how would they tell?

Hmm thanks Cathy! Also thanks for Seb's response, I'm letting ideas brew in my head for the moment.
    I couldn't remember if the topic had been shared by any of the parents with an agency member yet. The agency NOT knowing will change my time line a little bit.

More ideas are growing in my head... :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I guess I do have a question about the default alien clothing - I know that some wear them and some don't (Kanto, for example, doesn't). What the explanation again for them wearing their suits? Are they strictly necessary?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    I guess I do have a question about the default alien clothing - I know that some wear them and some don't (Kanto, for example, doesn't). What the explanation again for them wearing their suits? Are they strictly necessary?

As far as I've read in the other stories, most people reference the fact that the agency gave caretakers the suit. Hence why Blossom doesn't have one.

I've seen some kids not wear them and not need them. I think everyone has been vague enough about needing the suit for bone support or breathing problems that the exact reason some kids need them is not 100% understood. It's probably fair to assume all the kids would react to the environment differently especially considering they could have various origins!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

With my Sims, I always leave it up to them what to wear. I keep their default outfit in Slot 1, then for each category, I fill out the remaining four slots with clothes I think suit that Sim's personality and style. Then, I let the Sim decide what to wear.

So, for full-extra-T's (non-hybrids), the first slot for each category (the default slot) is the suit, different colors for different categories, chosen by the game.

In my story, the suit helps with circulation, breathing, and other bodily functions, so I say that Sept, Octy, and Santi wear them when they need a little extra help dealing with the atmosphere and gravity of the planet. In my story, their parents let them choose when to wear the suits, feeling that the kids will know when they need that extra support.

As for the hybrid kids (November, Naavre, and all of Valentin's kids, whom you'll meet soon,), they don't have suits. So my thinking is they have the same number and type of organs as natives to the planet (well, being born on the planet, they are natives), and that they don't need the extra support that the full extra-Ts do.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Remember this thing from my old blog?
    https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/dream/

...he's back.
    https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2018/03/15/weight/

Feel free to make comments in or out of character! In-character comments may be incorporated into the story!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Final chapter of the prologue – can someone link in-character to Bizoo?
    insanesims.wordpress.com/2018/03/15/hospital/
    41tidg8.jpg