Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited May 2018
    Karilan wrote: »
    Hi friends!

I feel bad that I've let this go so long, but I realize I've posted very little since I took this story out of my schedule. It's not that I wasn't inspired, but rather intimidated by the plot that had finally arisen. I want it to be perfect, you know? And as a writer, I think it's rare that things come out just the way we want them to without a lot of time to steep.

I've been dreaming of Blossom lately. She's been dreaming herself for quite some time now, and I should really fix that.

I really want to come back to this, and I can't make any promises yet, but I have several future chapters prepared that I want to get to.

I'm hyped, but feel no pressure. I'm happy to wait as long as you need, as I know you have it in you to make perfection when given time to develop it. :)

@TresaofPern Okay, thanks!
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hi friends!

I feel bad that I've let this go so long, but I realize I've posted very little since I took this story out of my schedule. It's not that I wasn't inspired, but rather intimidated by the plot that had finally arisen. I want it to be perfect, you know? And as a writer, I think it's rare that things come out just the way we want them to without a lot of time to steep.

I've been dreaming of Blossom lately. She's been dreaming herself for quite some time now, and I should really fix that.

I really want to come back to this, and I can't make any promises yet, but I have several future chapters prepared that I want to get to.

I have to admit that I feel similarly - I've got things to say, and I know what'll happen, but there's a lot that's kind of overwhelmed me from this story... but I'll get there.

(PS I should really check our collaboration post... I've been meaning to but have had a hard time working up the energy)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hi friends!

I have to admit that I feel similarly - I've got things to say, and I know what'll happen, but there's a lot that's kind of overwhelmed me from this story... but I'll get there.

(PS I should really check our collaboration post... I've been meaning to but have had a hard time working up the energy)

For me, dreaming of the future is a huge motivator. I'm so swept away by where the story could go that I want to get the foundation down so I can finally share my ideas with you guys.

As for our collab, we'll keep each other going! From my experience with collabs so far I have a feeling we are making this a lot larger than usual haha. I will try to check in on it tonight when I'm home from work. :) I hope I am not holding up your story!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I've also had times when I feel bad for not being able to keep up a good pace with updates, but we did agree that we'll do things at our own pace, which is great. And I can definitely empathise with wanting things to be perfect. Take all the time you need, guys! I'll be looking forward to your updates.

@For_Eorzea Yay! I'll have to read the newest chapters of your story. I've been super busy and my brain hasn't been in good reading mode. Sorry! I'll catch up and we can continue discussing the details of collab via PM. :)

@superkyle221 I have to admit that it would be really interesting if Mila and Wendy met/interacted. They might get along or they might clash, but they would definitely find similarities in each other. :) But no pressure, you don't have to collab with me if you don't want.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    @RipuAncestor I am definitely open to collaboration! I'm finally at the place where it's possible to do - feel free to PM me with any ideas or thoughts - currently Wendy/Kanto are on the run and so are free to pop up most places (except they're steering clear of the city).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Okay. I know I said Fi's toddler arc is over. However, I got so many great screenies while waiting for her birthday to pop up, I couldn't resist having a little fun. Commence sneakily slow growth spurt!
    Chapter 23:Taking the time
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Alex is now a child!
    It took me way to long to post this, and it is so short i feel it wasn't worth the wait xD
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Hey, all!

I've been sitting on this update for a long time but hadn't worked to complete it until now. Xilla is finally an adult and Lili has some things to say about that...

Reflection
    12-16-17_10-39-40c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=512&crop=1
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Congratulations on making it childhood, @Shadami ! I really loved that chapter! :)

And, @Meggles ! Congrats on completing the challenge and the final chapter of the challenge portion! I loved it. :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Awww thanks Cathy. :) I know I haven't been doing much collaboration stuff. I hope that's okay, I had intended to xD but I also like to just sit and play when I've got the chance...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I did a thing! I did a thing!
    So, it's an interlude that'll mark the Actual End Start. [oops.] of Fi's childhood.

Post edited by For_Eorzea on
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I have a new chapter for my Alien Adoption -story here now! Yay!

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 33
    9kMYGFI.jpg

Mila tries to find out the reason behind the changes in Taimi, all the while staying happy and giving her child a normal life.

Have a lovely time everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    First part of the new story is up. Just setting the stage so far. I really wanted to wait until Seasons came out so I could let Delshay have his wish for a career and make him a gardener, but I just had to get started writing.

Delshay and Cochise, before everything changed: You get to see little Tarak in chapter one.
    WNHvxj5.png

From the Ashes: Prologue
    image.png
  • Options
    Del's getting ready for Change!
    689yq3o.png
    I don't know why Tarak looks blue in the game when I checked twice in CAS that I used the snow white skin tone. Must be reflecting from the walls and his clothes.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Oh another new story!
    I'm almost done with another part for mine as my Alex moves into childhood. :)

Chapter nine is out.
    Post edited by Shadami on
  • Options
    689yq3o.png
    I don't know why Tarak looks blue in the game when I checked twice in CAS that I used the snow white skin tone. Must be reflecting from the walls and his clothes.

I do find the palest alien skin tone to be slightly blue too! I wanted one that was white as well, but the slight blue glow makes them look hauntingly angelic.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    689yq3o.png

I do find the palest alien skin tone to be slightly blue too! I wanted one that was white as well, but the slight blue glow makes them look hauntingly angelic.

Now that you mention it, I have to agree.
    image.png
  • Options
    There is a part in my recent chapter where Alex is sad when he's sitting by himself. I was pondering possibilities for that, because he listens to the stories of other gato, but he still hasn't mastered speaking himself.

Does anyone want any of their characters to be who he was listening to when/if he tells Amy?
  • Options
    Not sure Tarak is communicating yet, at least not consciously. He did have a nightmare though, if you want Alex to pick that up. All about fire, smoke and darkness.
    image.png
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    There is a part in my recent chapter where Alex is sad when he's sitting by himself. I was pondering possibilities for that, because he listens to the stories of other gato, but he still hasn't mastered speaking himself.

Does anyone want any of their characters to be who he was listening to when/if he tells Amy?

If no one else takes you up on this, I think it would be beliable for Blossom to accidentally project images while she’s in her coma. She wouldn’t send any words but maybe an image or at least a foreboding feeling based on her nightmare. PM me if no one else pipes up!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Blossom? :O Karilan did i MISS a story?!?! I thought i'd caught up with everyones. But i'm drawing a blank on Blossom for some reason.

Alex could pick that up Tresa. He seems to be really intune into picking up all conversations, but not so good at communicating back.

Both of these instances would make him sad. :O and would fit with the screenshot I caught.
  • Options
    @Shadami, the first of two chapters to mention Tarak's nightmares is up. You can just have Alex react to that, or we can chat some and flesh it out more if oyu like.
    image.png
  • Options
    Blossom? :O Karilan did i MISS a story?!?! I thought i'd caught up with everyones. But i'm drawing a blank on Blossom for some reason.

Alex could pick that up Tresa. He seems to be really intune into picking up all conversations, but not so good at communicating back.

Both of these instances would make him sad. :O and would fit with the screenshot I caught.

Oh, I wasn't sure if you'd read mine or not! Here's a link to Blossom's story. I'm not very far..I think about 15 ish chapters in? It's on an unexpected hiatus right now but I'm hoping to jump back into it soon. Wheels have been turning in my head for a while...
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    There are so many stories and I was binge reading them from the website that I probably missed a few. Though I thought I had caught them all.
    I don't know how I completely missed yours :o I'll give it a read today for sure.
  • Options
    There are so many stories and I was binge reading them from the website that I probably missed a few. Though I thought I had caught them all.
    I don't know how I completely missed yours :o I'll give it a read today for sure.

No worries! It's incredible how many stories there are in this collab, isn't it? Before I started I made a list of the 15 stories I needed to read, and since then I believe my list is up to 21? Crazy!
    D2vFwMN.jpg