Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh fantastic !!! I'm going to look it over and see who I've missed reading xD
    And read some more. Especially since I'm not writing at the moment. My bum is being kicked by this baby in me.

I have to double check but I'm pretty positive I chose 37 kuti for Alex. Because I love the number xD
  • Options
    Yesterday I got my first game playing time in awhile. . . XD and I spent it finishing up this challenge with some screenshots. It's not going to leave the most fantastic story. But I needed to just play and this is what I chose.

So a few more parts coming soon to finish up the story.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Yesterday I got my first game playing time in awhile. . . XD and I spent it finishing up this challenge with some screenshots. It's not going to leave the most fantastic story. But I needed to just play and this is what I chose.

So a few more parts coming soon to finish up the story.

That's awesome! It will feel great to wrap up, huh? I really enjoyed this challenge a lot. Good job, Pinstar-Team!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Yeah. Just got figure out how I'm going to work the time jumps because I really did just need a good play session. XD and didn't focus on screenshots or wrote the story in my head as I played.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Yeah. Just got figure out how I'm going to work the time jumps because I really did just need a good play session. XD and didn't focus on screenshots or wrote the story in my head as I played.

I know you'll figure it out. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    Eventually yeah xD
    I feel bad because I'm not sure it's going to be up to the beginning of the stories standards. ^^;;
  • Options
    Eventually yeah xD
    I feel bad because I'm not sure it's going to be up to the beginning of the stories standards. ^^;;

There's no rush, huh?

Especially now that you're writing such gorgeous poetry . ..

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    My story forum link , I linked back to this thread in it. I just finally got "the bear phase" out today, and I've got another part lined up to publish tomorrow. I had some inspiration to finally write, and I'm letting that inspiration flow while I've got it. :smiley:

My part of this story is probably gonna be ending fairly soon. ^^ I may write with them again some time, like Cathy did with the lighthouse :D I'll just have to see where things go. But Amy and Alex will be available for anyone who wants to download them in game. I have a couple different stages saved.. somehow forgot to save the teenage years. oops. xD
  • Options
    I finished the challenge!! This was. Ton of fun, thanks for having me join! ^^
  • Options
    I finished the challenge!! This was. Ton of fun, thanks for having me join! ^^

So glad you were a part of this! Your story adds so much to the lore and community! :) Thank you!

• Options
    I'm really happy I was able to contribute. :)
  • Options
    Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    I'm starting the challenge. I'll start at a 1 for involvement, go up to a 2, maybe 5. If I could claim a number, maybe, hmm, 53, that would be great! My story will be found here: https://pinmat135simstorieshome.wordpress.com/category/the-story-of-a-miracle/
  • Options
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    I'm starting the challenge. I'll start at a 1 for involvement, go up to a 2, maybe 5. If I could claim a number, maybe, hmm, 53, that would be great! My story will be found here: https://pinmat135simstorieshome.wordpress.com/category/the-story-of-a-miracle/

Oh, how exciting! This is the collab that will never wilt! :) Perennial collab...

Really looking forward to reading your story! :)

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi! I'm sharing a chapter from my other story that crosses over with our alien lore, so it might be interesting to some:

Forget-Me-Not Chapter 42: The Short Life of Iradekakir

I hope you enjoy.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, who else is still doing this challenge (and participating in the collab)? I'd like to be able to bring in other alien children who aren't young adults or older as well as those from finished challenges.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, who else is still doing this challenge (and participating in the collab)? I'd like to be able to bring in other alien children who aren't young adults or older as well as those from finished challenges.

@Pinmat135 I'd like to get back to writing my story. It's been on a break forever. I'm at the child-phase with my extra-T. I'll gladly collab with you if you want. My story is here: Stardust Sapling
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Your story looks very interesting! I'd love to collab with you like that.
  • Options
    Your story looks very interesting! I'd love to collab with you like that.

@Pinmat135 PM me when your story is in a collab phase. I followed your blog and I'll be reading your story. :)
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    How would I say "I miss you" in Vingihoplo? I know "I miss" would be E hashi, but I don't know how to put "you" on the end of that, since that would be an object and the language has no objects. (In case you're wondering, this is for a song my alien toddler sings.)
  • Options
    How would I say "I miss you" in Vingihoplo? I know "I miss" would be E hashi, but I don't know how to put "you" on the end of that, since that would be an object and the language has no objects. (In case you're wondering, this is for a song my alien toddler sings.)

@Pinmat135 Think about what the person being missed would be doing. Are they going away or gone away? Are they also missing the misser? It could be like I miss-miss you as well. We could invent a word for "being absent" or "not being here"? Or you can do that too, Pin! We'll then add it to the dictionary.

What do the others involved with Vingihoplo think about the sentence?
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    edited July 2019

@Pinmat135 Think about what the person being missed would be doing. Are they going away or gone away? Are they also missing the misser? It could be like I miss-miss you as well. We could invent a word for "being absent" or "not being here"? Or you can do that too, Pin! We'll then add it to the dictionary.

What do the others involved with Vingihoplo think about the sentence?

I'd love to invent a word, but it'd probably be A. too long, B. unpronounceable, or C. all of the above. Probably C. sigh

Himala (that's my alien's name) is singing this song to her siblings. The rough translation is:

My siblings
    Big, small, big and small
    I miss you
    Why did you go?
    Will you come back?
    All alone
    All alone
    All alone...

I have everything except for "I miss you."
  • Options
    @Pinmat135 Okay, so how about tiyoki for "not being here"? I combined place: tiyu, no: yo and a verb-sounding end. :D

Guys, did we have a word for to be? We have to have, but I didn't find the be anywhere...
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    So the conjugated form for I miss you would be E hashizi-tiyokizi O or archaically E hashiki-tiyokifi O, if I'm not totally wrong. Or if it's kid-talk, the conjugations can be left out. Hope this helps.
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @RipuAncestor We deliberately left out "to be".
    41tidg8.jpg