Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Karilan I'm sure Xirra knows the myth! She's both keen on symbolism and subversion, so I think that she will take this part of the myth...
    The receivers of the blessing would be responsible for caring for the plants now, and the planet.

...and find the significance of Octy's name in that!

I can see her and Shésti AND Teko, all telling Octy,
    "Yes, you ARE responsible for caring for the plants, and the pups, and the planet. It's in your NAME! You're named the care-taker, The Great Eight.

Wonderful! I'm glad we can make it work. :)
    The Great Eight! :love: That is so awesome!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    i've got another question: I know the challenge says another sim can't move in. But if it works with the story can i ignore that rule? xD
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    i've got another question: I know the challenge says another sim can't move in. But if it works with the story can i ignore that rule? xD

Of course! It's completely up to you how much of Pinstar's rules you want to follow!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Okay. I'll do my best to include lore and language already made where it fits in. Not sure exactly where my story is going to go yet, I haven't been able to open sims in a couple days
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Karilan I love that myth!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

That was quick!

I can't wait to check it out but I'll have to wait until I get home from work. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    It didn't feel quick. xD But thanks ^^
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Shadami Yay! Welcome!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited February 2018
    Still trying to figure out a way for Amy to stumble upon the forum ^^;;
    I would love some suggestions.

I haven't read how you started yet, but if it was through the agency I wonder if one of the employees might mention the forum? I don't think they started it but surely they've heard about it by now and give out the link as part of their support system.

My caregiver didn't gain her toddler through the agency, so instead I've been doing Google searches every day in hopes of "stumbling upon" the form by accident!
    I searched all sorts of things like "alien conspiracy", "how to raise an alien" and "government conspiracy lost alien" with hilarious results. The one that finally gained me a result on something like page 6 was "adopted alien toddler help". I'm going to be using her discovery in my next chapter!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    Karilan wrote: »

I haven't read how you started yet, but if it was through the agency I wonder if one of the employees might mention the forum? I don't think they started it but surely they've heard about it by now and give out the link as part of their support system.

My caregiver didn't gain her toddler through the agency, so instead I've been doing Google searches every day in hopes of "stumbling upon" the form by accident!
    I searched all sorts of things like "alien conspiracy", "how to raise an alien" and "government conspiracy lost alien" with hilarious results. The one that finally gained me a result on something like page 6 was "adopted alien toddler help". I'm going to be using her discovery in my next chapter!

I think the forum tries to go under-the-radar with the Agency! It's sort of a counter-culture thing that one of the participants created, before disappearing! And then Sebastion became one of the admin there, so he's maintaining it now. They sort of hope to pass by unnoticed, so that they don't attract a lot of attention. They share some of their concerns and worries, some of which involve some of the people in the agency...

If the child speaks Vingihoplo, then maybe he would say a word like bizaabgotojo, and when the caregiver tries to google it, it shows up in the forum? (Not sure how realistic this is, as the caregiver might just think it was baby-talk, and I'm not sure if a caregiver would google baby-talk!)

@Shadami Let us know if you'd like to be added to the Shared Lore group PM and/or the language PM.

In the Shared Lore group PM, we're currently talking about how the premades show up in our stories/games, so we can come to consensus on the depictions of their characters...

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Sure I can join those PM groups. I've been trying to read all the stories to kind of see how the premades show up. and bits an pieces of how stories might go.
    I think it will probably be a combination of those two suggestions now. I've been playing and taking some screenshots for a couple sims days just to get a feel for Alex, and oh my lord. That's the fastest I think I've ever seen a toddlers communication skill go up. He absolutely is going to be speaking Vinghihoplo. Though with the right grammar since it's me writing it? Probably not. But I'm trying xD
    I'm pretty sure he's already listening to all the other siblings singing and talking. I was rather blown away by todays playthrough.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I decided behind the scenes that my sim found the forum while searching something like parenting an alien child. So it was way down under some parenting forums.
    image.png
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited February 2018
    About the rules - except for not controlling the toddlers, I haven't really rolled along with the rulebook. Fi's official family consists of teenagers.

Which is really fun at times.
    Chapter One Published

I'll just see where the story takes it than i suppose. ^-^
    Hey guys! Here's my myth regarding the number 8.
    Please feel free to critique and let me know what to remove/add!
    Once we're done editing I'll add it to my blog so that anyone else can reference it as well.
    Floating on the edge of the Sizumi galaxy exists a planet by the name of Modesi. As far as anyone is concerned, Modesi is and has been a depressing and desolate place for thousands of years, known only for it's dry deserts and drier citizens. Nothing of use has ever been produced in Modesi.

Yet there are some who wonder about a myth that preaches a much different tale.

It was once said that a floral spirit took pity on the planet and flew tirelessly across it's surface for 8 years, sprinkling it's essence over every sun scorched plain until the ground was an absolute cornucopia of flora.

The planet's inhabitants rejoiced at their luck, but further encouraged the news and negative stereotypes regarding their planet's worthlessness in efforts to keep their natural fortune to themselves.

As the years passed, the tired spirit witnessed the lack of gratitude the planet expressed and was incensed. Upon reaching the 8th year since it had finished sprinkling the planet with beauty, the spirit had had enough. Rather than double it's work to remove the blessing, the floral spirit cast a curse upon the planet which caused it's life - all it's life - to droop and wilt.

Confused by their plight, the citizens suffered for an entire year before groveling before the spirit with apologies and promises to cherish the blessing that they had no right to expect in the first place.

Satisfied, the spirit lifted the curse and restored the gifts it had bore upon the planet, only without the everlasting touch of the spirit itself. The receivers of the blessing would be responsible for caring for the plants now, and the planet.

Following that tragic year, traditions were formed and respect for the temperamental spirit grew from their fear. Gratitude become custom, and none dared to act selfishly on the 8th anniversary of any occasion. 8th birthdays were not celebrated. The 8th room of a hotel, or 8th house in a lane, would be dedicated to the spirit and become a place of worship and charity.

New flowers and trees were planted in bunches of 7, only. No family bore more than 7 children. Rulers governed for no longer than 7 years.

7 became a planet wide symbol for respect and gratitude.

But as far as anyone in the universe actually knew, Modesi was nothing but a deserted desert planet.

And if you wish to know, here is how the myth is going to be relevant to my story:
    Blossom's root (who she was cloned from) died of pfura during her 8th year. Laria's mother came from the planet Modesi and believes the superstition that 8 is an ill omen. Laria's death will be significant in the next few chapters, but her mother's history won't be important until the sequel story. :)

Hey everyone! Any last minute changes I need to make before I post this tomorrow? :)

I had planned to have a Sim explore the space cavern or travel to Sixam to look at the plants for a screenshot but I think I've run out of time. The myth will leave the flora to the imagination!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    Well that spoiler sounds very interesting.
    image.png

I realize it was very vague haha :D Sometimes we need to surprise each other a little bit!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Here's the next chapter! Kanto begins to practice the violin. For Aunt Nancy, of course.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    @Karilan Your myth is awesome for me! I'm ready for it to become canon lore! :)

Oh... also,
    I mentioned in a recent chapter, but not sure everyone read it, that yellow is a signal color for rebel-friendly people. In my game, the rebel allies (who are the ones working with Ritu on the refugee project and other extra-T rights initiatives) wear yellow, and it also shows up in some of the underground art, such as what Whisper paints, that contains coded messages for extra-Ts, such as where safe places are...

I realize it was very vague haha :D Sometimes we need to surprise each other a little bit!

Hehe well and I was being vague in turn because it's a spoiler. Thinking it explains a little of Blossom's dreams.
    image.png
    @superkyle221, are the first chapters of We Belong to the Song still on your blog? Wouldn't mind going back and reading from the beginning. I think I started with the last chapter before Kanto became a child. Not too many chapters before the violin was introduced.
    image.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    @superkyle221, are the first chapters of We Belong to the Song still on your blog? Wouldn't mind going back and reading from the beginning. I think I started with the last chapter before Kanto became a child. Not too many chapters before the violin was introduced.

Yep! You can find them all in the table of contents! I think it's a pretty quick read.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.

Yep! You can find them all in the table of contents! I think it's a pretty quick read.

Thanks. Found and saved to my reading list, because it's too late to read it all tonight.
    image.png