Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Guys guys guys! I'm so excited about this! Another chapter co-written with @CathyTea for my AAC-story!

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 28
    ZERMN3G.jpg

Taimi and her new friend meet again, and many new discoveries are made. It's the beginning of a yet another new adventure.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @RipuAncestor Eek! It's up already! I'm so excited! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    So I've been updating in between shoveling and mom duties, but I didn't post that I had new updates out here. Hehe.. oops.

Umm so
    Three Four and Five

I just posted the 5th one. So if you haven't been just seeing my updates . yeah oops sorry. xD

I would like to pair up with someone as well soon so that Alex can actually be hearing someones songs and trying to reply to them. Up to this point he's just been listening and talking to himself.
    Shadami wrote: »
    So I've been updating in between shoveling and mom duties, but I didn't post that I had new updates out here. Hehe.. oops.

Umm so
    Three Four and Five

I just posted the 5th one. So if you haven't been just seeing my updates . yeah oops sorry. xD

I would like to pair up with someone as well soon so that Alex can actually be hearing someones songs and trying to reply to them. Up to this point he's just been listening and talking to himself.

Sept for sure will sing! I can write the song and send it to you in a PM... any particular theme or idea you want? Also, when Santi plays violin, she plays her music out for all to hear... And if you'd like any of my Sims to pick up Alex's songs, let me know! Since I tell my story from Mallory's POV, the person who hears it would have to relay that info to her, but I can think of a lot of different ways to have that happen! Possible recipients are November, Octy, Santi, Naavre, and Sept. :) (Or even multiples can hear him, if you want!)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    I have no specifics in mind at the moment. Right now its a "song to multiples" type thing that he's going to hear in on and than try to actually attempt replying. It will also remind her to check back in on the forum because Amy is going to have an idea what he's doing and want to try to figure out how to help him.
    I'll let you choose who hears him back . ^-^
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @Meggles Dove and Kedi live in San Myshuno! In-game Kedi is a child now. My headcanon is that the other kids are a little scared of her because she used to make them do stuff with telepathy.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Anyone got an opinion on how much of the songs a hybrid might hear? I've implied that Marilee is at least empathetic with family members. Suppose any telepathic range could be limited to Brindleton Bay, or maybe the kids she meets at school.
    image.png
    Anyone got an opinion on how much of the songs a hybrid might hear? I've implied that Marilee is at least empathetic with family members. Suppose any telepathic range could be limited to Brindleton Bay, or maybe the kids she meets at school.

I've been thinking about this with Octy...
    In the story, I've been writing him as though when he inside-sings, he's really singing out loud. So, my feeling is that he hasn't developed telepathic ability from a distance. He communicates telepathically with his two dogs, though.

Xirra and Teko hold that everyone, including non-extra-Ts's have the capability to develop telepathy. So my feeling is that it's something that can be learned, though it might not come as easily or naturally as it does with the extra-T kids.

What counts as a hybrid anyways?
    CathyTea wrote: »

I've been thinking about this with Octy...
    In the story, I've been writing him as though when he inside-sings, he's really singing out loud. So, my feeling is that he hasn't developed telepathic ability from a distance. He communicates telepathically with his two dogs, though.

Xirra and Teko hold that everyone, including non-extra-Ts's have the capability to develop telepathy. So my feeling is that it's something that can be learned, though it might not come as easily or naturally as it does with the extra-T kids.

Hmm, I like the idea that it can be learned.

@Shadami, in Marilee's case, she has a human mother and alien father. She can't disguise herself but has teal skin like her father and her mother's brown hair. She won't have the full range of alien abilities either, just interactions like the secret handshake and discuss human foods. No empathizing or learning all a sim's traits by analyzing personality.
    image.png
    how can you tell if you're not controlling the sim/alien? xD out of curiosity.
    how can you tell if you're not controlling the sim/alien? xD out of curiosity.

With mine, I can tell because when they age up to toddler, they have non-extra-T eyes, hair, and don't have a disguise, nor the ability to create one.
    In my game, Octy, who has a non-extra-T dad, and an extra-T mom (a Pollination Technician) is full extra-T. He's got no hair, extra-T eyes, a disguise, and all the abilities of extra-Ts. November (whose dad is Seb and whose mom is a different Pollination Technician) is a hybrid, with hair, non-extra-T eyes, and no disguise. Naavre (whose dad is Sept and mom is Mallory) is also a hybrid, and so are all six of Valentin Harvey's kids.

In a few days, I'm going to have a chapter talking about this--I think it'll be called "The New Kids," or it might be called "Octy and the New Kids."

So if you make them in case they're probably full extra t?
    So if you make them in case they're probably full extra t?

Most likely, yes! If, in CAS, you choose to make an extra-T, it will be an extra-T. (It's that bar down in the bottom left, where you can choose to make Vampire, Alien, Pet, Play with Genetics...) If you make a non-extra-T with blue skin (or other extra-T skin tone), it would be a non extra-T with extra-T skin tone. The way to tell is if it shows up with the option for a disguise in CAS. The disguise is right above the profile icon in the bottom row.

Can you make a hybrid in CAS ? Or is it just automatically full extra-T?
    I made Marilee in CAS. Had to create a father for her first, then play with genetics. Since I didn't want him in the story, I deleted him after I had Marilee. Suppose with a teen or adult, you could delete both parents afterward if you wanted to.
    image.png
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Shadami
    About telepathy and if hyumans can learn it... I'll throw in some insight to my own approach to the subject.
    In my AAC story, Firecalls, the little extra-T girl's caretakers all excel in telepathy. I do have some explanations to it within the story, some of which are like to be major plot points in the future.

Edit: for clarity, though I think you might have read the story, the caretakers have no extra-T relatives, as far as I know.
    All of this helps. Thanks everyone. ^^
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hi all! I've got two new chapters up today - so happy Sunday!

Anyway, we're nearing the end of Kanto's childhood. Everything that rises must converge. Please enjoy!

I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Got a chapter... Lighthouse: Name the Sky

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guys! I've got the next chapter for Stardust Sapling here! It's again written in collab with @CathyTea ! This time Cathy hosted my Sims. Thank you so much!

Chapter 29
    U1cwcnz.png

Taimi and Mila take Octy home. Happiness, questions, anger and happiness ensue.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hey guys,

I'm afraid I have some sad news. I haven't been writing anything with Dove and Kedi for a while, and just tonight I accidentally deleted their save. I've tried everything to recover it, since many other things were also in that save, but I'm afraid that they're gone.

I know I could recreate them. It just wouldn't be the same. I'd lost my will to write them some time ago – this was only the cherry on top. The only version of any of the sims on the file remaining is the very first version of Dove I created for the Pen Pal Project, way back when.

This is my plan for how this will be explained in-story:
    Dove, Maki, and the twins are, alas, dead. The Streamers caught up with them. Dove was, however, one of their best scientists before she defected, so she has been cloned. Her clone has been artificially aged, but it still needs to re-learn everything it once knew. The clone has vague feelings that something is wrong every once in a while, but she ignores them. Eventually, she will be told about her other life and sent to spy on the rebels.
    Kedi, by virtue of her immense mental power and some extremely good luck, escaped – I think probably because she was off doing some stuff I've discussed with @For_Eorzea . She is the only sim I will recreate. Once her storyline with Eorzea's sims is done, I will age her to adult and she will begin a storyline @CathyTea knows about, in which she works at the café and becomes a sort of telepathic radio for Sept and the rebels.
    The Dove clone will attend the planned gathering in Selvadorada.

Apart from what's outlined above, I will do no further writing on this project. All remaining playtime will be logged on other's computers.
    This does not affect my other projects. They will continue as planned.

I'm sorry.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    @Xantheanmar
    I'm sorry for your saves, but very very thankful you still want to go with what we planned.

This makes me think... What you described will be a surprisingly dark twist in the collab, but I think we can handle that. After all, we're talking intergalactic war, so it isn't surprising there are casualties.

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hey guys,

I'm afraid I have some sad news. I haven't been writing anything with Dove and Kedi for a while, and just tonight I accidentally deleted their save. I've tried everything to recover it, since many other things were also in that save, but I'm afraid that they're gone.

I know I could recreate them. It just wouldn't be the same. I'd lost my will to write them some time ago – this was only the cherry on top. The only version of any of the sims on the file remaining is the very first version of Dove I created for the Pen Pal Project, way back when.

This is my plan for how this will be explained in-story:
    Dove, Maki, and the twins are, alas, dead. The Streamers caught up with them. Dove was, however, one of their best scientists before she defected, so she has been cloned. Her clone has been artificially aged, but it still needs to re-learn everything it once knew. The clone has vague feelings that something is wrong every once in a while, but she ignores them. Eventually, she will be told about her other life and sent to spy on the rebels.
    Kedi, by virtue of her immense mental power and some extremely good luck, escaped – I think probably because she was off doing some stuff I've discussed with @For_Eorzea . She is the only sim I will recreate. Once her storyline with Eorzea's sims is done, I will age her to adult and she will begin a storyline @CathyTea knows about, in which she works at the café and becomes a sort of telepathic radio for Sept and the rebels.
    The Dove clone will attend the planned gathering in Selvadorada.

Apart from what's outlined above, I will do no further writing on this project. All remaining playtime will be logged on other's computers.
    This does not affect my other projects. They will continue as planned.

I'm sorry.

So sorry to hear about your lost save @Xantheanmar ! :(

I experienced the same just last weekend and one of my alternative saves for my alien story was one of the saves I lost. Fortunately for me, I had everything I needed backed up.

It's hard to let go but I'm glad you've found a way to tell the story anyway. Hugs for you and your Sims!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    With all loss comes new inspiration. I will not only do what I described, but also create some new storylines which I think will be very interactive and fun to tell. It will feature some Streamers, their labs, and a human captive. The human will be sending “bottled messages” through the Bizoo forum, encoding her meaning in pop culture references and puzzles that you will have to decode (with my help, of course) and which will reveal bits of the Streamers’ plans!
    41tidg8.jpg