Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Glad I watched the livestream. Got to see the stuff in action. :) The little pets are cute and all, but guess what?

You can have Vampire Hamster Ghosts! Vampires aren't immune to the new illness. Woot! One more way to eliminate and then humilate them! >:)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Tbf there's no wonder why this game is happy rainbow sunshine sanitised land where nothing bad ever happens, when they have that attitude towards anything negative. It's honestly quite pathetic and really sad. Jeez I swear even Mario games have more negative/scary stuff happen in them (and Mario games are awesome).

Didn’t watch the stream, could you elabororate?

Neither did I, I missed it. Someone commented above that one of the devs said that there's no sad moodlet when a hamster dies because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Tbf there's no wonder why this game is happy rainbow sunshine sanitised land where nothing bad ever happens, when they have that attitude towards anything negative. It's honestly quite pathetic and really sad. Jeez I swear even Mario games have more negative/scary stuff happen in them (and Mario games are awesome).

Didn’t watch the stream, could you elabororate?

Neither did I, I missed it. Someone commented above that one of the devs said that there's no sad moodlet when a hamster dies because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity...

Here: https://simsvip.com/2018/03/09/watch-live-the-sims-4-my-first-pet-stuff-live-stream/

For the quote, watch from 01:17:40 to about 01:18:00

Ok he says "...the negative aspects of it" (small pet dying), but she says "negativity". :)
  • Options
    The stream was painful to watch.

Fact. and I've never, in my entire history of the Sims franchise... been this disturbed about it. Honestly.
    I've been mad, frustrated, near done with things...

but like, hurt? painfully disappointed...and bothered... this is a new feel here.

Same.. :(
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    So hey I have a question. Your pet can blast off to space and bring you back space rocks, I thought that was GTW content?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2018
    New death is realy creepy. Uh that foam :( And sim continue her suffering even in afterlife (ghost still needs cure). And vampires can be affected by new illness.
    I think this is the most silly and disgraceful way to pass away for now. Too much silly even for TS4.
    (It's just my opinion: I don't think it's ok but I'm not asking to fix it)

Overall, I think Sims 4 is doomed :| So 13.03... last hope for changes?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Lol. So there is no sad moodlet when small pets die because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity.

I see a pattern here.

I don't understand that, they get sad when cats and dogs run away, ditto when they die. What are small pets not worthy of upset? Or are they scared people would not like the upset?
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I think what I’d like to see from all this, is that they combine the rest of the pets into a game pack. I’m excited for the pack and am neutral on the hampster controversy, but I’m not too thrilled with the idea of buying seperate packs for pets. We’ll see.

Anywho, I have a give away going on my tumblr for the My First Pet Stuff Pack, if you’d like to enter, here’s the link -> https://gaysimboy.tumblr.com/post/171696793023/the-sims-4-my-first-pet-give-away-this-pack-is
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    My guess is it might not have been possible to tie moodlets to the death? They don't count toward the household number or anything, so maybe once they pass on, these pets cease to exist as far as the game engine or whatever considers it, like if an item was deleted or something? I'm not sure they're actually considered 'there', more like an interactive item? I wonder if they're intentionally 'hiding' any bad feels away, or just using that as good PR speak, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Yeah. Pretending that there was nothing going on in the chat was just... Weird and rude. Yes, I know it was briefly mentioned, but repeating the same thing we all already read just didn't sound any more convincing than it was when reading it before.

I would have accepted a separate small pet pack, but this really seems more like adding the missing parts of Cats & Dogs than a small pet pack.

And yeah, not getting sad when your pet dies... That's quite an oversight. Then again, my sims can lose a spouse or a child without crying, if they weren't in the same room when they died.

Ikr just seeing how well the furniture matched was ridiculous. I couldn't even tell if I was looking at something new or not... Now the hamster-themed stuff and the hamster and death might all very well be new...but I have some doubts about that.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    My guess is it might not have been possible to tie moodlets to the death? They don't count toward the household number or anything, so maybe once they pass on, these pets cease to exist as far as the game engine or whatever considers it, like if an item was deleted or something? I'm not sure they're actually considered 'there', more like an interactive item? I wonder if they're intentionally 'hiding' any bad feels away, or just using that as good PR speak, lol.

My sim can get emotional from literally anything. Yeah, I think if they can display a notification saying "your pet died", a matching sadness moodlet should've been a feasible addition to the pack. Unless of course it's planned for the moodlet DLC .....
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    At this point, it's good to have a jungle to retreat to... until the swirling in my head subsides.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I honestly don't remember any of the small pets having any big death scenes in the past. They are objects.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member

Believe me it's very possible, I'm a modder i know.
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

It was..
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

{EA_Lanna: Removed gif for profanity. Please review the forum rules!}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2018
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

{EA_Lanna: Removed}
    I'd add inaccurate to that as well. There's lots of high quality custom objects and CAS items out there.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018

It was..

What happened? I need a good laugh