Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    So far, the stream is kind of disappointing.. I wish they could just talk about it, or at least acknowledge it in some way, instead of reading over 90% of the questions & comments.
    Never expected them to. It's common for them to just ignore anything they don't like to hear... That's 'appreciating the fans' criticism' alright... :unamused:

Yes but I think they've never released a pack that was as openly & persistently criticised (don't think I've ever seen the stream chat this incredibly negative either) ... so you'd think they'd try & engage with people instead of playing some clapping game when they're not currently showing the new pack... Whatever, missed opportunity I guess?
    I agree they should definitely acknowledge the situation, but their higher ups probably told them to act like nothing's wrong, as usual.

If they couldn't think about the implications when deciding on releasing this pack, I don't see why would they start now...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    So far, the stream is kind of disappointing.. I wish they could just talk about it, or at least acknowledge it in some way, instead of reading over 90% of the questions & comments.
    Never expected them to. It's common for them to just ignore anything they don't like to hear... That's 'appreciating the fans' criticism' alright... :unamused:

Yes but I think they've never released a pack that was as openly & persistently criticised (don't think I've ever seen the stream chat this incredibly negative either) ... so you'd think they'd try & engage with people instead of playing some clapping game when they're not currently showing the new pack... Whatever, missed opportunity I guess?
    I agree they should definitely acknowledge the situation, but their higher ups probably told them to act like nothing's wrong, as usual.

If they couldn't think about the implications when deciding on releasing this pack, I don't see why would they start now...

Yes, true :(

"Are there any questions that keep coming back?" .. Oh jeez, I wouldn't know.

Gotta say the new disease & death type are cooler than the hamster though. Why couldn't they just include those two things (rodents / disease with death) in C&D? Why? I just can't get over how blatant it all is. The more I hear about this pack, the more it plums me off. I'm sorry if that annoys anyone :angry:

ETA:
    GH9pQjT.png
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member

Gotta say the new disease & death type are cooler than the hamster though. Why couldn't they just include those two dawn, minor things (rodents / disease with death) in C&D? Why? I just can't get over how blatant it all is. The more I hear about this pack, the more it plums me off. I'm sorry if that annoys anyone :angry:

I'm so incredibly disappointed.
    This is really happening. :(
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    Actually they did address it a TINY little bit now, but just again the whole vets versus small pets argument.. well.
  • Options

Gotta say the new disease & death type are cooler than the hamster though. Why couldn't they just include those two things (rodents / disease with death) in C&D? Why? I just can't get over how blatant it all is. The more I hear about this pack, the more it plums me off. I'm sorry if that annoys anyone :angry:
    It's like they act blind to any form of negativity... It's ridiculous...
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

It's very insulting to call it all trash. CC creators spend a lot of time. They are fans just like we are trying to enhance the game.
  • Options
    Lol. So there is no sad moodlet when pets die because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity.

I see a pattern here.

Exactly...
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

It's very insulting to call it all trash. CC creators spend a lot of time. They are fans just like we are trying to enhance the game.

I'll stick to EA for content to enhance my game, thank you.
  • Options
    Lol. So there is no sad moodlet when pets die because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity.

I see a pattern here.

Exactly...

Yes that's why I wrote it actually, cause of what you wrote... this is so ... painful.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. Please read the forum rules.}

This probably was already posted here, but the more people it reaches the better.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Lol. So there is no sad moodlet when small pets die because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity.

I see a pattern here.

Really?? *eyeroll* *facepalm* what is it with these plum excuses? I honestly feel like throwing something at the wall.
  • Options
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Lol. So there is no sad moodlet when small pets die because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity.

I see a pattern here.

Really?? *eyeroll* *facepalm* what is it with these plum excuses? I honestly feel like throwing something at the wall.

*Raises hand* #metoo
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Removed. Please read the forum rules.}

Well EA actually gives money to the SPCA ,,, so shelters win either way. Shelters can use all they can get. So I can buy the sp and give to the SPCA. I also volunteer for one of our local SPCA's as well. They could use lots more volunteers and they are world wide.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Sadly, those types of mazes are really frowned upon in RL.

So are brain numbing treats :grimace:
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    so, this is a facebook post from 2017. sadly its from a private group so i cant link it. im shooketh :o

translation:

I foresee an expansion pack "with no content" so EA can later release a stuff pack with content that should have been in the expansion pack. Am I wrong?

S6hg8sr.png

WOW... No comment...

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here, but is that real artwork and what was going to be a real pack, or is it fan art? Like what's going on there?

Its fan art but at the same time fans predicting whats going to happen
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

Fair point :lol:
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member

But that is not out there in RL for hamsters. Tubes are.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Although hats off to @SimGuruSteve for actually engaging with people on the stream chat now. I'm still not sure I agree with what he says (maybe agree is the wrong word, let's say, I have a hard time accepting all of it), but at least someone there is trying to talk to us (or, them, I'm not logged in so I'm just reading). And that always matters, a lot..
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Tbf there's no wonder why this game is happy rainbow sunshine sanitised land where nothing bad ever happens, when they have that attitude towards anything negative. It's honestly quite pathetic and really sad. Jeez I swear even Mario games have more negative/scary stuff happen in them (and Mario games are awesome).

Didn’t watch the stream, could you elabororate?