Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

Maxis meshes require the pack that the mesh came from to work. Custom meshes do not require any pack other than the base game.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    so, this is a facebook post from 2017. sadly its from a private group so i cant link it. im shooketh :o

translation:

I foresee an expansion pack "with no content" so EA can later release a stuff pack with content that should have been in the expansion pack. Am I wrong?

S6hg8sr.png

WOW... No comment...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.
  • Options

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Good to know :) Thanks for the info.
  • Options

Good to know :) Thanks for the info.

No problem! :smile:
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    so, this is a facebook post from 2017. sadly its from a private group so i cant link it. im shooketh :o

translation:

I foresee an expansion pack "with no content" so EA can later release a stuff pack with content that should have been in the expansion pack. Am I wrong?

S6hg8sr.png

WOW... No comment...

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here, but is that real artwork and what was going to be a real pack, or is it fan art? Like what's going on there?
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Not sure how to feel about this. When I saw this last night, I wasn't very happy about it. The costumes should've been part of C&D and it is fine to have a pet pack and I wanted one, but what I envisioned was fish tanks, lizzards, snakes, insects, ect. This morning, I realized that there is more than one pet and I was able to look at the stuff better.

What I'm wondering is it shows a fish tank table, but it doesn't mention or show if this is a real fish tank. I've tried to see a fish in it and I don't see one. I wonder if there is more to the pack or not, like a working table fish tank?

As far as I know, it's not a real fish tank it's just decorative. You can't interact with it apart from viewing it.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Not sure how to feel about this. When I saw this last night, I wasn't very happy about it. The costumes should've been part of C&D and it is fine to have a pet pack and I wanted one, but what I envisioned was fish tanks, lizzards, snakes, insects, ect. This morning, I realized that there is more than one pet and I was able to look at the stuff better.

What I'm wondering is it shows a fish tank table, but it doesn't mention or show if this is a real fish tank. I've tried to see a fish in it and I don't see one. I wonder if there is more to the pack or not, like a working table fish tank?

It has been clarified that you cannot choose or interact with the fish in the table, it's just decorative and it comes with its own fish.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I think he is not happy with his prediction, especially now with the prices raised in our country rs

actually everyone is shook in the comments.....we're more intrigued with his divination skills, even tho it doesnt need that much to predict EA's movements :'(
    oi amore

i think they merged your topic, oi rs
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    RnM92 wrote: »

translation:

S6hg8sr.png

WOW... No comment...

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim here, but is that real artwork and what was going to be a real pack, or is it fan art? Like what's going on there?

it's fan art. a prediction(joke) from someone, look at the date
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Well, to be honest, it is kind of a hard choice for me. Animals are my toddlers. But I would have been more happy if they had just made it a My First Pet Pack that combined only the kids and the small pets. Instead of dog beds, have the kids decorate the cage with new houses, logs, and food and water bowls. Give them cuddle cups and hamacks to sleep in. A maze they could run, or a ball. I would have left Cats and Dogs out of it. It is too late now.

There is a maze - Graham mentioned it on twitter. I believe it will be shown on the live play tomorrow.

This kind of thing:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752XD9T7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0752XD9T7&pd_rd_wg=ZQQHm&pd_rd_r=T3DJCB1CM3D7MFM99SD7&pd_rd_w=PXGaS

I think the maze he was referring to was probably the new hamster tube wall decal thing, and meant you can place the decals together in different ways, not that you can modify the actual tubes the hamster goes through.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

translation:

S6hg8sr.png

I wonder now - do you remember when this render (on the left) leaked out, and there was consternation in community, because it looks legit, yet there's no new objects, only the base game? And I believe that even Graham said then, that if there's no new objects on a render, it's fake? Maybe it was some kind of foreshadowing...
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Bonnie wrote: »
    and for heaven sakes it's only 10 dollars....

$10 might be "only $10" for you. It might be "only $10" for people who have very decent jobs. But for me that's a lot of money. And I'm sure it's a lot of money for other people as well. I get that it might be an insignificant amount for some but for a large majority of people $10 can actually be a struggle to find. And if this is the "first" of this kind of pack, how much do you think they'll amount to in total? Personally I can't see many parents being interested in spending that amount on an expansion for a game for their children just for another one to come out in a couple months time. The same with students at college or university or single parents trying to make ends meet. $10 (around £8 in the UK where I'm from) can get me three meals a day for half the week if I'm careful about it. I don't think it's fair of you to downscale it just because it feels like nothing to you.

I agree with this.

The equivalent of $10 in the country I currently live in can buy you groceries for a week. Isn't that a lot? And that's the price of just one stuff pack.

I'm very much against splitting content that belongs in an EP into stuff packs. At this point I'm sure they're gonna do it again in the future - and again, and again... If somebody's saving up the whole year for an EP, they should get the whole experience. EPs are not cheap, especially after the recent price rise.
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Well, to be honest, it is kind of a hard choice for me. Animals are my toddlers. But I would have been more happy if they had just made it a My First Pet Pack that combined only the kids and the small pets. Instead of dog beds, have the kids decorate the cage with new houses, logs, and food and water bowls. Give them cuddle cups and hamacks to sleep in. A maze they could run, or a ball. I would have left Cats and Dogs out of it. It is too late now.

There is a maze - Graham mentioned it on twitter. I believe it will be shown on the live play tomorrow.

This kind of thing:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0752XD9T7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0752XD9T7&pd_rd_wg=ZQQHm&pd_rd_r=T3DJCB1CM3D7MFM99SD7&pd_rd_w=PXGaS

I think the maze he was referring to was probably the new hamster tube wall decal thing, and meant you can place the decals together in different ways, not that you can modify the actual tubes the hamster goes through.

That was my understanding as well. Just some more wall decals. I don't even use the ones from C&D, to be honest. They only have one or two uses.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    Sadly, those types of mazes are really frowned upon in RL.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Sadly, those types of mazes are really frowned upon in RL.

Yeah. I wonder if they'll have routing issues in the game. :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I just worry that uninformed people will think it looks cool and try to duplicate it in RL.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So far, the stream is kind of disappointing.. I wish they could just talk about it, or at least acknowledge it in some way, instead of reading over 90% of the questions & comments.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    So far, the stream is kind of disappointing.. I wish they could just talk about it, or at least acknowledge it in some way, instead of reading over 90% of the questions & comments.
    Never expected them to. It's common for them to just ignore anything they don't like to hear... That's 'appreciating the fans' criticism' alright... :unamused:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Omri147 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Never expected them to. It's common for them to just ignore anything they don't like to hear... That's 'appreciating the fans' criticism' alright... :unamused:

Yes but I think they've never released a pack that was as openly & persistently criticised (don't think I've ever seen the stream chat this incredibly negative either) ... so you'd think they'd try & engage with people instead of playing some clapping game when they're not currently showing the new pack... Whatever, missed opportunity I guess?