Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey Simmers, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. A big thank you for all who have shared their feedback on the pack. Please continue to do so, there are some great posts to be found with excellent critiques. Just a reminder, let’s look to keep posts constructive when relaying feedback whether that be negative or positive. Share your thoughts on the SP. What would you have liked to have seen in the SP? How you would have liked it to go? What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)

I do want to also acknowledge this too. There have been a lot of pointed comments targeting Guru's multiple times throughout this thread and it really isn't ok. I can see from the posts in here that many are feeling disappointed and it’s ok to share that here. Please note however, that once the discussion becomes focused on people rather than content it's no longer an appropriate discussion to have as per the rules in place. If the rules continue to be broken, the thread will be closed, and users moderated for how they've conducted themselves and the conversation. We encourage your feedback, but we do not support the targeting of others; members and staff alike. So, with that please do aim to keep critiques to the content.

I have merged some threads with this one. The same points were being discussed so to limit duplicate threads they've been merged.

If you're really taking critique:

- postpone the product to design extra pets themed items
    - all cats and dogs related things - remove that from the stuff pack right now and release it as a free patch. All you did was make your customers feel like they've bought an incomplete product. Specifically when some furniture fits into specific item collections, making it very obvious that it was developed alongside and for cats and dogs.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, but how expressing critique will do any good to anything? By the time this pack is out and passed, reputation is already damaged regardless of what you do with other packs. Trust has been ruined. Next expansion, the first thought to cross peoples minds will be "am I buying an incomplete product?"

I don't feel this way about the GPs (yet...), but yes indeed, I'll analyze the next EP much more carefully than I ever have before... if they cut seasons into parts like this, I'm done with this franchise .. And I don't want that :(
    I've been doing it since City Living to be honest, I still find it to be one of the worst EPs made and I'm skeptical ever since

I tend to agree, I did buy it and moved one of my families there and did not care for it and moved back to thier original spot. The Apt concept for me was too restrictive.
    I just find the whole EP to be 70% set dressing and 30% actual content, and out of said 30%, most of it is very limited (the apartments being part of it)...
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    so, this is a facebook post from 2017. sadly its from a private group so i cant link it. im shooketh :o

translation:

I foresee an expansion pack "with no content" so EA can later release a stuff pack with content that should have been in the expansion pack. Am I wrong?

S6hg8sr.png
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Wow.. okay I've decide for sure I'll be buying the pack now. I do like some elements of it.. some others I could do without. What changed my mind at this point is all of the thinly veiled and not so thinly veiled suggestions to boycott the product and company that makes it. I enjoy this game and I'm not going to be shamed for spending my money on a product I enjoy.
    Compromise indeed.

How is criticizing something shaming? The reason people are upset about this isn't because they hate the game. You can enjoy a game and still be critical of it. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if people didn't love this game, they simply wouldn't care enough to voice their opinion.

Maybe I missed some posts because this thread has been merged a few times but I don't think anybody wants to stop someone else from buying the pack if they actually want to get it. People should be able to do what they want to do - buy it, don't buy it, praise it, critique it, or don't say anything if they don't want to.

I didn’t need to read the whole post to see many people who advocate boycotts to either inexplicitly force others who actually want the pack to join by stating EVERYONE SHOULD boycott or explicitly blame the situation on the latter by accusing them to be part of the problem. While I do understand why many people are upset and admit that as customers it is their rights to criticize EA, it is simply just frustrating for me to see them criticizing other customers and disrespecting their interests just because the latter didn’t do what they want them to do. We all pay the money and our opinions should be as important no matter how they differ from each other. We don’t owe each other and judging people and saying harsh words like “naive”, “dump” doesn’t really help when you are advocating for a cause.

• Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    This stuff pack is not different than other stuff packs, they are all same.
    This time this is not for sim, but for main pets for now(cats and dogs) with little pets, else this is for toddlers.
    So this is for cats dogs toddlers and else bonus pets.
    Not more or less than other stuff packs have.
    This is so typical SP, i do not see any reason to hate it more than others, if you wish to hate.
    For me SP usually give nice feelings, i always looking forward for next one.
    I agree that GP and EP feel so empty, even i love almost all of them in main concept, they are too empty and limited usually. But this have nothing to do with stuff packs, they are for other purpose: they are addition options, not must have.
    Else i agree that this game have so many weak points, but stuff packs give some options, yes it cost money, but.

People do not like stuff packs and do not want have them at all, because this became expensive for them??
    This is main point of almost complains: "greedy and money". Let’s sabotage or "gimme free" protests will not help.

Game can became more lunatic than it be now with help of demonstrations.
    Stop making this game being like this.
    People who speak strongly against this pack lower chances for other animals ever happen in game!!!!
    Developers will feel that this is no good area to go and will avoid it.
    But i want see more animals.

And, yes, EA want you money, this is their job, they can do better, but still this is only job they have, this can not be change with complains and they still will want money, because they have bills to pay.
    Post edited by giveit2me on
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    edited March 2018
    Saw a tweet from Graham referring to a ‘brain numbing’ treat you can give to hamsters to make them “normal” (so they won’t shoot into space on a rocket ship...). Sounds a lot like a lobotomy, kind of messed up for a hamster.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! What a messed up name. It actually feels like it doesn't want you to use that. ("How DARE you numb the mind of an animal? It's a hamster! It's supposed to shoot up into space!")

Weird.

Dare I say, weirder stories LoL {EA_Lanna: Hashtag removed}. Dog houses are cruel (cuz blaming a piece of wood is simple than the owner), but feeding them numbing medicine? Nah.

I was thinking the same thing! I don't understand how one minute they claim you can't control your pets for 'realism' but hamsters can shoot up in to space (I know it's optional but still).
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited March 2018
    Saw a tweet from Graham referring to a ‘brain numbing’ treat you can give to hamsters to make them “normal” (so they won’t shoot into space on a rocket ship...). Sounds a lot like a lobotomy, kind of messed up for a hamster.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! What a messed up name. It actually feels like it doesn't want you to use that. ("How DARE you numb the mind of an animal? It's a hamster! It's supposed to shoot up into space!")

Weird.

Dare I say, weirder stories LoL {EA_Lanna: Hashtag removed}. Dog houses are cruel (cuz blaming a piece of wood is simple than the owner), but feeding them numbing medicine? Nah.

I was thinking the same thing! I don't understand how one minute they claim you can't control your pets for 'realism' but hamsters can shoot up in to space (I know it's optional but still).

That's true but remember this stuff pack is done by a different team then the EP. Even though they do collaborate together they still both have different ideas they want to bring to the table and have control over that pack.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    edited March 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Weird.

That's true but remember this stuff pack is done by a different team then the EP. Even though they do collaborate together they still both have different ideas they want to bring to the table and have control over that pack.

You're right, I didn't think about that. I'm just beyond tired of the 'realism' concept being used as an excuse.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited March 2018

Weird.

You're right, I didn't think about that. I'm just beyond tired of the 'realism' concept being used as an excuse.

I always forget myself lol. They can still keep the realism and still go outside the box though. We can still have normal beach vacations with oceans you might just happen to see mermaids in. I'm just a bit confused. They had servery's go out in the first year of the sims 4, they didn't tell us results and they seem to have a lot of good idea's, but we never see them.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018

Weird.

It's interesting to see which elements of a pack they decide to make realistic and which aren't. Like for the Vet career and how you've got the building, the uniforms and people working there, the examination animations all looking legit, and then to follow that up with treats that turn your pets blue. It was kind of odd. Also, you don't even have to take pets to the vet if you don't want to. You can purchase the exam table for use at home. So basically at the end of the day, ANYONE even untrained Sims can become a Vet which negates the whole premise of the pack in a way...
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I think he is not happy with his prediction, especially now with the prices raised in our country rs
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited March 2018
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I think he is not happy with his prediction, especially now with the prices raised in our country rs

actually everyone is shook in the comments.....we're more intrigued with his divination skills, even tho it doesnt need that much to predict EA's movements :'(
    oi amore
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm one of the supporters of this pack and can't wait to get it but I wish they would have picked a different name. I think simply Pets Stuff would have been a good name for it.
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    Let's see:

-I can build a pet supply shop (and yes, I'm aware you can't sell the little pets themselves, but I said pet supply, not pet shop).
    -I can add or modify waiting rooms in vet clinics with the cutsie pet furniture.
    -I can make kids rooms (or kids room stores) with that cutsie pet furniture.
    -I can make a crazy old cat lady and deck out her house with all kinds of pet stuff.
    -I can give that busy Sim who is always on the go a little pet that doesn't need a lot of care.
    -I can give a full family of 8 Sims pets that don't count on the household amount but can still be named and have relationships with.
    -I can appreciate that deviant players now have a new death through illness in the game, which I can immunize or immediately cure my own Sims from without hassle. (More of this would be great for both kinds of players.) They can even cause mini-plagues to their Sims if they want.
    -I can make restaurants themed with the pet furniture.
    -I can make a cool cylinder aquarium with the coffee table/fish tank and the MOO cheat.

That's what it means to me. :)

(The thread I wanted to post this in got merged with all the other nonsense going on, but hey, still worth posting.)

You're right. You can do all these things. But wouldn't it have been better if you didn't pay extra for those things? Because, oh I don't know, they should have been in the C&D expansion already? It's not the content that's in question here. It's the malicious intent of EA to get more out of an already existing DLC that felt like it needed more than. But then again I suppose you're one of those people who has no regard of your parent's money right?

The toddler stuff (even the kids stuff) I can understand. They didn't make an expansion for toddlers to be in the game, they had a free patch for that.

Would you prefer not to have vet clinics and have this stuff? You should focus on constructive criticism and not being rude to people who want to buy it. You don’t want EA to be “malicious” but yet some people (not all) choose to act the same to people who do what to buy it.

That's the issue with most of ya.

You're very quick to accept gaming has to be constant forgoing.

Have you ever played any other game in your life? Do you live under assumption that this is just how it is in the gaming world? I'm getting a headache reading posts like yours.

You just implied that developing a Vet Career, that was let me remind you - a shameless re-use of already existing system with a whole set of assets - wouldn't be possible to do alongside creating a hamster, a single animated object.

A. Single. Animated. Object. With most likely 3-5 animations.

Can we stop acting like EA is a charity? They're not. I swear some of y'all sound like you see the dev team as a bunch of helpless children who need constant reassurance that they're doing well because oh, they're trying so hard aren't they!

They're capable of so much more than they tell you they are. And yet, you believe that developing a nice sims game has suddenly become impossible these days, and that it's on us, players to just accept it and shut up because oh that's just how it is what can you do! IT'S NOT. Please develop some standards.

Go look at some other AAA games that were successful, maybe even play them, and then learn what an AAA title should be. Maybe then you'll stop excusing EA for the decisions they make. They don't make them because they have to, they do it because they want to milk this mediocre, lukewarm game while they can by using more and more questionable, shameless, unethical practices.

I don’t think you understand my post...I’m not disagreeing or agreeing about what you are saying. I’m just saying everyone should be respectful about others opinion and instead of get rational on other players give constructive criticism to the developers. My job requires me to play AAA titles and such but I don’t go on forums calling people kids because they dissageee or some other rude things I’ve heard. In fact if you do scour other forums you should by now know how to be respectful while getting your opinion across to others.

That part I understood.

However, a part of your response to an elaborate post was simply a question of "would you rather". That tells me you see nothing wrong with a situation where the absence of feature X is explained with decision to include feature Y when in reality AAA title should be of highest quality, and therefore DLC should offer you both. That's the mentality of most Sims players, unfortunately. There's no logical explanation to why these two features couldn't make it to the EP on its release but a plan to divide the content in order to make more money. Which is what they did.

Let's wait for moderators to take care of people who point fingers at others and yell YOU'RE A LITTLE KID when they run out of arguments. No reason to play forum police.

As if that's the only argument I made on my comment. People should really read through the whole thread before accusing anyone "running out of arguments". I do wish people stop being so sensitive. lol. This whole passive-aggressive thing in the forums is disgusting.
  • Options
    PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm one of the supporters of this pack and can't wait to get it but I wish they would have picked a different name. I think simply Pets Stuff would have been a good name for it.

Yes I agree with you :) . Its kind of not fitting and somewhat weird for me when I say My First Pet Stuff (Sounds like a custom content pack :D )
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about hamsters having secret lives. Brain numbing pill does sound awful though, I'm not sure that's the name they should have chosen.

But I get that they have to do something to set these rodents apart. If you are going to charge more for them specifically then them just sitting there in a cage would have cries of the pets are boring. I like the idea of guinea pig disease too.

But it changes nothing for me.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    10 dollars/ pounds is a lot. For me it's not about the money but I fully appreciate it is for a lot of people and I don't think it's right for anybody to say "oh it's only $10" especially when as I said earlier the target audience is teenagers with limited income. I don't think anyone should be praising this pack on price particularly as I said elsewhere if they get the pack for free.

This is stuff pack number 14? 15? At this point stuff packs are over £100 in my country. It all adds up very quickly.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited March 2018
    Can't believe I read the whole thread... :lol:

Thanks @LiELF for putting it so well. The furniture matching some of the set in C&D is what really gets me on this one. I like how much thought has been put into the rodents and their adventures but the timing (proximity to C&D and slipping under the radar with no quarterly teaser in the wake of the successful JA) is so fishy. I'm not opposed to having one or two things for cats and dogs included in other packs - I loved how TS2 integrated packs, like pets having a few special interactions with snow in Seasons. But this doesn't feel like that at all.

I'm also annoyed about this stuff pack because there have been so many game-breaking bugs in patches in the past several months. I can only sigh with resignation, after spending three hours last night after work patching the game to Feb/March and trying to save my legacy heir Sim from a new bug they introduced, thinking about what new fires I'll have to put out as every single stuff pack necessitates a new patch.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Can't believe I read the whole thread... :lol:

Thanks @LiELF for putting it so well. The furniture matching some of the set in C&D is what really gets me on this one. I like how much thought has been put into the rodents and their adventures but the timing (proximity to C&D and slipping under the radar with no quarterly teaser in the wake of the successful JA) is so fishy. I'm not opposed to having one or two things for cats and dogs included in other packs - I loved how TS2 integrated packs, like pets having a few special interactions with snow in Seasons. But this doesn't feel like that at all.

I'm also annoyed about this stuff pack because there have been so many game-breaking bugs in patches in the past several months. I can only sigh with resignation, after spending three hours last night after work patching the game to Feb/March and trying to save my legacy heir Sim from a new bug they introduced, thinking about what new fires I'll have to put out as every single stuff pack necessitates a new patch.

This!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am peeved this 'stuff' wasn't included in the EP in the first place. So from that point of view, I can totally understand why some Simmers are upset about the ten dollar price tag. Bad marketing move, EA. This stuff pack should have gone out as a freebie update with the small pets included. Toddlers and their items came out as an update so I am sure the same could have been done with this stuff pack. Some of the build and buy mode objects are okay. I liked the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat, and I am curious about what kind of trouble the genius rodents can get into. But I will wait until it is on sale to purchase it. Not crazy about real rodents so not having them in the game is no great loss. I am also fine with the pet beds already in the game so that doesn't excite me, either. I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Edited to add: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16175450/#Comment_16175450

"Good morning folks! So I've been alerted to this thread by the mods and wanted to provide some insight here on two points of discussion: CC/Mods locked behind a paywall and Patreon.
    CC/Mods Locked Behind Paywalls - Creators cannot lock content they make using our game behind a paywall. While we do not police this content (there is no way we would create a team simply to monitor this) we do take reports sent to us seriously and action accordingly.
    Patreon - We understand that folks who make CC / Mods for others to enjoy are doing it in their free time and may desire to offset costs to create the content by using this service. As long as the content is still made available FOR FREE we do not mind these types of pages. Folks who have a Patreon page are welcome to provide folks with "early access" incentives for their content but it should be made available to the general public within 2-3 weeks of it being given to folks early.

I hope that this provides you with some clarity and please reach out should you have any questions."

There you have it...

I'm not trying to derail the thread just giving out information is all...
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Not sure how to feel about this. When I saw this last night, I wasn't very happy about it. The costumes should've been part of C&D and it is fine to have a pet pack and I wanted one, but what I envisioned was fish tanks, lizzards, snakes, insects, ect. This morning, I realized that there is more than one pet and I was able to look at the stuff better.

What I'm wondering is it shows a fish tank table, but it doesn't mention or show if this is a real fish tank. I've tried to see a fish in it and I don't see one. I wonder if there is more to the pack or not, like a working table fish tank?