Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the upcoming hampsters pack?

Comments

• Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Yes.
    I probably will buy it. I like what I saw and in the end, I enjoy having all the packs to build with. I know I could just use cc, but I prefer to play a vanilla game. I'll watch the livestream to make sure, but I doubt it'll convince me not to get it. In the end, it comes down to a simple question: Will I get enjoyment out of it?

My answer may have been different if I didn't have Cats and Dogs. Ultimately, I'm not sure how else they would give us more cat/dog related objects, heck, any variation of an object that is not base game to begin with. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't mind them adding more variations of washers/dryers and hot tubs for example. But those kinds of things won't come free and up til now, they've made each pack standalone when it comes to functional items.

Would it have been better/worse if it was a simple stuff pack that added a bunch of new pet beds, food bowls, litter boxes, cat condos, pet toys, and pet outfits with no real new game-play, just stuff that would add to the cat/dog experience? Or is it better for exclusive items in stuff/game/expansion packs to only be done for those packs and basically never add any more varieties or do anything with again? I'm just curious, because either they do what they did with the packs up til now, they do what they did here, or they go back to a sims store. Only so much can be expected for free and the cost of video games has gone up, everything has.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    No.
    NO
    are you people freaking wacked????
    Obvious cash grab and i feel sorry for those who buy it.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No.
    Most of the gaming industry nickel and dime it's customers these days, at least we are not getting loot boxes yet. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    TheSkyNomadTheSkyNomad Posts: 28 Member
    No.
    No. So far, I have yet to see a stuff pack I feel is worth its price. The ones I bought, I bought because of a promotional code. And I still think it was a waste of my money.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Yes.
    Hope they will add birds you can train and horses you can ride soon, but I would really like to see rain, hail and snow to come in to the game.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    No.
    whyaccess wrote: »
    Hope they will add birds you can train and horses you can ride soon, but I would really like to see rain, hail and snow to come in to the game.

Prepare yourself to buy Snow, Rain, hail..... all in different packs.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes.
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I am leaning more in not buying it because regardless of what road EA/Maxis is trying to connect here it appears to be an new low and also an new trend. As others had said this type of stuff could have been released in C & D. Yes, it is $9.99 and most are willing to pony up the money without looking at what is going on. Is there going to be an My second pet also? None of the stuff pumps me up and not even that table fish tank. I hope those who buy it have fun with it but it adds nothing for me.

Hypothetically they could add more pet stuff in an update. I'm hoping for some holiday clothing for cats and dogs. I was hoping it would be in this pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    whyaccess wrote: »

Prepare yourself to buy Snow, Rain, hail..... all in different packs.

I don't think that will happen. TS4's lifespan is probably too short. I have a feeling it's going to be ending in 2020. The last year they ll probably want to get out what is missing like Supernaturals,Universities and A Beach Destination Pack. I want all the weather in the Seasons EP
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Yes.
    I'm gonna get it.

Not sure why people have an issue with needing C&D to use the items that are for, cats or dogs.

When I got lunch at McD's today and ordered my burger, I told them the fries should be free. I mean... when you buy a burger it's only natural to want fries as well, and it's all part of a meal. But... they nickle and dime you charging for each item. :shrugs:

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes.
    RacerX780 wrote: »
    I'm gonna get it.

Not sure why people have an issue with needing C&D to use the items that are for, cats or dogs.

When I got lunch at McD's today and ordered my burger, I told them the fries should be free. I mean... when you buy a burger it's only natural to want fries as well, and it's all part of a meal. But... they nickle and dime you charging for each item. :shrugs:

This has been the best post I've seen all day! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    No.
    I'm gonna get it.

... No.
    Not the same, good try though
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    I don't know. Just tired of stuff packs being honest. It depends on LGR review.

It's a stuff pack -- he'll hate it.

I'll probably have to see some gameplay first; either Twitch streams or some Let's Plays on YouTube before I make up my mind. (A Maybe/Not Sure) option would have been nice on your poll.) Haven't really played much of Cats & Dogs yet to determine if I'd need the extra stuff (though I do like the matching kids/dogs pajamas -- we need some of those one-piece PJs for adults, maybe for Seasons); was dealing with a family death when it came out. And I'd like to see how many interactions there are for Sims with their rodent overlords.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Mouse1996 wrote: »
    Yep. This is something I was sad was not in Cats and Dogs. So I am super excited to be getting this. I am a mouse after all. :D

I actually don't object to separating the small animals from the main EP. For those who can't run the EP due to the higher specs, or who couldn't afford the EP especially after the recent price adjustments for non-US players, this gives them a chance at a small animal at a lower price point. I would have even liked a Fur, Feathers and Scales GP featuring more small animals, like birds that can be taught to speak that would build Charisma (like we had in Sims 3) and snakes that would get out and cause havoc if you neglected them. But at least we're getting the small animals (and @SimGuruGraham has said in the past that the SP team takes on themes that the other teams weren't going to explore) so I guess this will be the only small animal we'll get so oh well.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes.
    Ok, so far today I've been accused of lacking self-control, unable to delay gratification, no morals, no integrity, selling out. And the day's not even over yet. :)

Updated to add wacked.
  • Options
    Vulori wrote: »
    I probably will buy it. I like what I saw and in the end, I enjoy having all the packs to build with. I know I could just use cc, but I prefer to play a vanilla game. I'll watch the livestream to make sure, but I doubt it'll convince me not to get it. In the end, it comes down to a simple question: Will I get enjoyment out of it?

My answer may have been different if I didn't have Cats and Dogs. Ultimately, I'm not sure how else they would give us more cat/dog related objects, heck, any variation of an object that is not base game to begin with. I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't mind them adding more variations of washers/dryers and hot tubs for example. But those kinds of things won't come free and up til now, they've made each pack standalone when it comes to functional items.

Would it have been better/worse if it was a simple stuff pack that added a bunch of new pet beds, food bowls, litter boxes, cat condos, pet toys, and pet outfits with no real new game-play, just stuff that would add to the cat/dog experience? Or is it better for exclusive items in stuff/game/expansion packs to only be done for those packs and basically never add any more varieties or do anything with again? I'm just curious, because either they do what they did with the packs up til now, they do what they did here, or they go back to a sims store. Only so much can be expected for free and the cost of video games has gone up, everything has.

So it's fine if people without C&D pay for content that's of no use to them? That's my main complaint about this pack. This might be a pack I wait for an Origin sale (like I did with Spooky Stuff, and since the main things I use in that pack are some of the Build textures and the new recipes (I frequently do Zombie Cakes for toddler/children's birthdays) I'm glad I waited for a sale.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    No.
    Besides all of the things people have been complaining about, it just doesn’t seem like it contains a lot of stuff that would be useful for my game. I don’t dress my pets up or decorate my houses like a crazy cat lady, so that kind of wild furniture and stuff doesn’t interest me.
  • Options
    I'm gonna get it.

This has been the best post I've seen all day! :D

Bad analogy. Better analogy would be if you ordered a burger and they charged you for an Extra Value Meal (with fries and drink). "But I only wanted a burger!" "Too bad, you get this other stuff you didn't want." If you don't have C&D that extra stuff isn't going to do you any good, just like if I ate those fries and drank the Coke, those extra calories go straight to my hips and so much for those 2 extra jeans sizes I just dropped. :p

• Options
    ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    No.
    No, I don't support $10 off of $40 expansion packs. I'm not going to pay money for something that should have been included. I'm really annoyed after learning that after blowing my wallet I wasn't even getting the full package! Nope.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    No.
    I'm gonna get it.

Lol i don't get it. Meals are bought with all items at once, and In mac you can have all items separated, they put it In meals for you to get a discount. In this situation, its two different things that you have to buy together for the second one to work properly.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Yes.
    Vulori wrote: »

So it's fine if people without C&D pay for content that's of no use to them? That's my main complaint about this pack. This might be a pack I wait for an Origin sale (like I did with Spooky Stuff, and since the main things I use in that pack are some of the Build textures and the new recipes (I frequently do Zombie Cakes for toddler/children's birthdays) I'm glad I waited for a sale.

The thing is, I buy packs that I only use for a few things. Heck, I have dine out, and I haven't even tried playing around with managing and owning a restaurant yet. I've numerous things that were in packs that see very little to no use outside of some of the build stuff. So it's still worth it to me. I say that if this pack isn't worth it to you, don't buy it. So, for me, this pack is worth getting if I see things that I would like. Ultimately, what the game is worth is up to you. For me, I would like them to expand upon content they've done previously in other packs, if that means I have to pay for it, fine. Especially if the alternative is they never do anything with that content ever again or an overpriced sims store, well....
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes.
    I have Vampires purely for the wall deco. It's unlikely someone uses EVERYTHING in a pack anyway. I know I don't, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No.
    Not a huge fan of cats/dogs/pets in the game so I will most likely skip this one.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    No.
    No. I don't use pet clothes and I'm not spending $10 for a hamster that could've/should've been included in the original EP in the first place.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    double post
    Post edited by sillyangel0906 on
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png