Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the upcoming hampsters pack?

Comments

• CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Yes.
    tobumon wrote: »
    It's hilarious how riled up people are getting over a random stuff pack in a silly game. I'm going to deck out my house with those weird/cool/funny pet decor things and I'm going to need a bigger house now, what with the new pets I am getting...

Yup, it is quite entertaining, all that anger about a simulated hamster and pet beds, get me some popcorn!
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.

Yup, it is quite entertaining, all that anger about a simulated hamster and pet beds, get me some popcorn!

It's a guinea pig, darn you. Graham said it's hamsters but they're actually guinea pigs. He's mistaken. Wish it really was a hamster though. I've had hamsters in the past. They're cute and stuff.

BTW I love dogs. Is that rottweiler yours?
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Yes.

It's a guinea pig, darn you. Graham said it's hamsters but they're actually guinea pigs. He's mistaken. Wish it really was a hamster though. I've had hamsters in the past. They're cute and stuff.

BTW I love dogs. Is that rottweiler yours?

Darn it! Well, ok, guinea pig, I will not get mad.
    I have a real life hamster to cuddle. ;)

Yes she is mine! She is much bigger now tho but still a cutiepie <3:)
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Yes.
    Cool. We both have/had hamsters and a dog. I've had 4 hamsters though :D
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    No.
    nope   
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    It's hilarious how riled up people are getting over a random stuff pack in a silly game. I'm going to deck out my house with those weird/cool/funny pet decor things and I'm going to need a bigger house now, what with the new pets I am getting. I already have 2 dogs and a cat. I think I may quit work to properly take care of them.

My issue is this: I think EA is the only company ever to sell DLC for their DLC. That is fairly mind-blowing. Most of the furniture is just reskinned furniture we already have. And we now got the answer to the question as to why so few pet items were included in Cats and Dogs.

I have to admit, I'm amused by this now. But my answer is still nope.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    No.
    Not purchasing until it's free. Had there been more, I'd have bought it
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    It's hilarious how riled up people are getting over a random stuff pack in a silly game. I'm going to deck out my house with those weird/cool/funny pet decor things and I'm going to need a bigger house now, what with the new pets I am getting. I already have 2 dogs and a cat. I think I may quit work to properly take care of them.

{EA_Lanna: REmoved. Please do not target or cast aspersions on a group of believe if they do not align with your opinions}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    No.
    Not at all unless it comes a free update. It should have been a separate pack, one with all small pets for those that want rodents. and all the things in it for cats and dogs, should have been in with C and Dogs.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,838 Member
    Yes.
    Ok, so far today I've been accused of lacking self-control, unable to delay gratification, no morals, no integrity, selling out. And the day's not even over yet. :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No.
    No! $10? That's a bottle of wine! Or two because I make my own. I'll have a lot more fun with that. :D
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Yes.
    I accidentally selected yes, when I meant no. While I would absolutely love to have hamsters, hedgehogs and other small pets in my game (I also love the fish tank coffee table), it doesn’t sit right with me that this stuff should have been included either in the Cats & Dogs expansion pack or been a free add on for people who already own that pack. And I also really don’t need more costumes and clothes that I will never use on my pets.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm actually on the fence with this one. On one hand I don't want EA thinking this is okay and that we will buy anything they give to us but on the other hand, I really like some of the objects that this is coming with and the hampster. I don't know if I will buy it yet I guess I'll wait for the live stream and some reviews. I would have rather had a small pets game pack and to be honest I don't even really play with the pets in the sims 4 very often.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    No.
    NO!
    This is wrong on many levels. Do not be fooled again by EA. This Stuff pack is just silly content that should have been included with Cats & Dogs.. The Sims 4 Pets should've been a thing, but greed has taken over out beloved franchise. Such a shame. If you buy this pack be ready to shell out more of your hard earned money to EA for every & anything they conveniently forgot to include in an EP. You will be paying for a season rather then SEASONS
    Do not buy into this.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    No.
    Ok, so far today I've been accused of lacking self-control, unable to delay gratification, no morals, no integrity, selling out. And the day's not even over yet. :)

Grr i can't stand when people use those expressions against people choosing to purchase. Different strokes for different folks and that always needs to be where it ends. Enjoy the pack! It looks cute
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No.
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Not purchasing until it's free. Had there been more, I'd have bought it

I'm in tears
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes.
    orkhid22 wrote: »

Grr i can't stand when people use those expressions against people choosing to purchase. Different strokes for different folks and that always needs to be where it ends. Enjoy the pack! It looks cute

Providing feedback to EA, boycotting the pack or the game - that's fine, and I think it's the perfect way to express discontent and influence the future development of the game.

Blaming or shaming those who like or purchase the new content is essentially trying to coerce or take away someone else's freedom to choose. And that's not cool. But it won't work.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    tuts It's Toddler Stuff over again, only this time you have to PAY for the pack it expands.

I think it's more of another pack for kids, really. The designs are something like when we got Toddler Stuff.

The main issue here is that it's also being used to plug Cats&Dogs. Keep in mind, LOTS of people have Cats&Dogs, including me. It's an enjoyable pack. And there's lots of things other than the pet clothes. And that Hamster sure looks fun. But it's kind of sleazy to lock some content of the pack behind the requirement of opening an EP, especially when it's very much stuff that we should have had in the original pack or patched in for free. It seems to me like they'll have a lot of these lying around. And I do NOT consider random prints to be a worthwhile investment.

I think, as fun as this pack looks, EA is going to regret using it as a way to advertise Cats&Dogs. Some of the stuff in the trailer is reskins of things from Cats&Dogs (therefore it will require them to use) and some is directly from it. I'm definitely not keen on this idea of the 'expanding an expansion'.

I'll probably get it, but if I didn't have Cats&Dogs I wouldn't be inspired to get it by this pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    No.
    We've had some subpar packs, but because this is such an obvious money grab (a pack for a pack, seriously?), this will be the first time i give it a hard pass. absolutely not, EA. This should have been included in Cats and Dogs, rather than a million decals.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No.
    Now that I have seen what's in it its a no from me I don't care for hamsters ugly pet costumes or pet themed furniture.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, buying it for the hamster death alone. Been missing that for so long. The pet stuff I do not care for at all. Currently never dress my pets in game.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Yes.
    From what I've seen already I'd be willing to spend £5. I need the livestream to convince me to part with another £5.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Yes.
    I like the name Hamsters Stuffpack. Wish that was the real name.
  • JEclip12JEclip12 Posts: 24 Member
    No.
    Probably not right away at least. Of course I made it a goal to own every Expansion, Game, and Stuff pack, but this made lose faith in the only franchise I care about from EA, but it was bound to happen.
    Twitch -
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No.
    I am leaning more in not buying it because regardless of what road EA/Maxis is trying to connect here it appears to be an new low and also an new trend. As others had said this type of stuff could have been released in C & D. Yes, it is $9.99 and most are willing to pony up the money without looking at what is going on. Is there going to be an My second pet also? None of the stuff pumps me up and not even that table fish tank. I hope those who buy it have fun with it but it adds nothing for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen