Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the upcoming hampsters pack?

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    No.
    No ferrets, no money from me.
    I'm glad there are no ferrets in this stuff pack. If anything, they belong in a GP or an EP given that they're not pets you can keep in a cage all day.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    No, for several reasons:
    1. This should have been in Cats and Dogs. TS2 & TS3 had Pets expansions with small creatures, birds, etc. I'm not paying an extra $10 for content that should have been in the EP. It's actually a bit upsetting to me that it's being sold piece meal like this.
    2. I don't care for the furniture style and I'm not a huge fan of pet costumes to begin with.
    3. Hamsters/gerbils aren't interesting enough to me to justify $10.
    4. Several new pets would've gotten me to think about it, but as there is only one, I won't buy it.
    5. I didn't buy Toddler Stuff for the same reason, it's not enough to justify the price. Even though I like Toddlers and Pets, it's not enough to interest me.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Just realized, is this not the fastest announcement to release for a pack we've had so far? Basically a week from teaser to launch?

Or am I not remembering one that was just as fast?

Feels like it. Like it just came out of nowhere really. Actually wasn't expecting a stuff pack too soonish, least not this month. Was just thinking the other day what the next quarterly teaser would be for. :#

Tbh, I wish most if not all announcements/releases were like this. Get a teaser, then a trailer/blog/tweets the next day, then get the pack a week later. Just enough time to get excited, then have it instead of waiting weeks/months on end, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    No.
    Well i answer no early this afternoon, and i still have that opinion after seeing the trailler. It have cool objects, i would love to have a guinea pig, which i have in real live, but, no, not this time EA. As i mention many times before, we already are in a state of stuff pack overdose, and now this?? Trying to sell us content that should be in the C&D expansion, and what will they try to sell to us after this? Snake stuff pack? Fish stuff pack?? It's like trying to sell to us all the content of a bathroom (for example) in smal parts, "now you will get toilets, then sinks and so on.OMG i'm so tired of the people in EA that only think about money, oneday things will turn to the bad side for them, because more costumers are becoming tired each day. (sorry for my english)
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    FredraFredra Posts: 42 Member
    No.
    No ferrets, no money from me.
    I'm glad there are no ferrets in this stuff pack. If anything, they belong in a GP or an EP given that they're not pets you can keep in a cage all day.

You're right, but in Sims 3 (if I good remember) was an option for put cage open. If they had applied the same solution in ferret case, it would be awesome. Imagine cute ferret running around and playing with cats, but no, we get furry infant (it's work the same way - play, feed and put aside)
    ID: granatoweszklo

Sorry for my english, still learning
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    No.
    Well i answer no early this afternoon, and i still have that opinion after seeing the trailler. It have cool objects, i would love to have a guinea pig, which i have in real live, but, no, not this time EA. As i mention many times before, we already are in a state of stuff pack overdose, and now this?? Trying to sell us content that should be in the C&D expansion, and what will they try to sell to us after this? Snake stuff pack? Fish stuff pack?? It's like trying to sell to us all the content of a bathroom (for example) in smal parts, "now you will get toilets, then sinks and so on.OMG i'm so tired of the people in EA that only think about money, oneday things will turn to the bad side for them, because more costumers are becoming tired each day. (sorry for my english)

Oh by the way, my mistake, there is no guinea pigs in this stuff pack.

Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    No.
    The Sims needs competition right now, like Sim City...
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yes.
    I think I am because i feel like I've been begging for some small pets for such a long time, that i just need to have some in my game asap.
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    No.
    Is it a joke? Never buying something from EA again.
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    Not unless the price drops for those that don't have C&D. This just seems too scammy for me. I feel like the best way I can show them that this is a wrong thing to do to customers is with my money
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited March 2018
    I’ve seen a lot of stuff packs being perceived by the simming community, and I have to say that this is the first one that disappoints me greatly. I hope they listen to the simmers and take note of this moment.....
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No.
    STOP ALLOWING EA TO BE GREEDY!

This is literally content that should've already been included with Cats & Dogs...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    Cute colorful Build/buy. Was that a voidcritter as a pet? cool. :) I have not really played with cats and dogs yet but I can soon see a few pets with the outfits on. :) Oh and the rocketship is so funny.I absolutely love quirkiness added to my game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Yes.
    I think it is a very colorful and happy stuffpack :) I don't really understand why people turn this into a political debate. If you think it is fun; buy the SP. If you don't; do not buy it and stop spreading negativity. It is just a game...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No.
    Normally I don't mind Stuff Packs because the themes are unique, but I feel I've already technically bought most of this stuff so it should have been included in Cats and Dogs, the expansion pack that I PAID FOR, that only came out FOUR MONTHS AGO.

As far as I am concerned, this is a disgusting display of scamming the player base and I just can't support it. I won't. Listen, I'll give credit where it's due, and I have absolutely no problem with praising a release that I think is worthy, or showing excitement and acting like a childish fool, but I also won't hesitate to speak up when I think there's a problem. THIS....is a problem. They are RESELLING us objects that we just bought in the last expansion pack. Pet beds, outfits, bowls, toys, scratching posts, litter boxes... Are you kidding me?! The only absolutely new thing in this pack is the rodent cage and a couple of pieces of furniture. If you watch the trailer, you will notice that at least HALF the stuff is junk for Cats and Dogs and it's hardly different from what we already have. And those new pets are much like Sims 4 babies, you can tell they are tied to the cage, which is fine for what they are, but are they really trying to tell us that such a simplistic pet design could not have been included in that pack? Or at least included in a small pack with other types of small pets and items that are completely new? I hope people realize that if we support this pack, then there will be another one with lizards. Then another with birds. Another with ferrets and bunnies, etc., until we've paid twice the cost of an expansion pack to get all of our basic pets.

This is nonsense. I don't need a gerbil that badly.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    Just saw the trailer..my gosh my heart sank. Like the hamster was the only decent and unique thing in the whole entire pack. Not even new unique toys..../sigh/. Shame they didn't just make a standalone game pack dedicated to a variety of small pets. All in all, seems like a No for me. I hope the next pack is exciting.
    I never understood the appeal for animals clothes in first place, let alone animal themed forniture. An aquarium and a caged rodent isn't worth it all.

Thankfully, I've never had a completionist soul.

I don't as well, where I live it's pretty frowned upon. Like a scarf-ish collar okay, but a full shirt/jacket...eh it always felt kinda tacky too me personally. I'd rather a dog/cat to be free and be who they are, rather than making them emulate us.

Shame, the hamster does look adorable...but I just don't find them worth the price, It feels like cats & dogs dilemma once again :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    MyaMya Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    Lol NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I say this because this SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN CATS AND DOGS. Or it could have been a free update! But what makes you think I am getting this???? Lol lol lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIR

THIS IS CASH GRAB. More like EA is scamming us.

EA, I am really disappointed in you guys.
    You guys could have came with something else, but you guys didn't which is sad. Shame shame shame. :(
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I just love this aquarium coffee table! We can even put our own fish in it if you look closely in the trailer!
    The-Sims-4-My-First-Pet-Stuff-Official-Trailer-071.jpg

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one absolutely obsessed with the new Aquarium table :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    I was going to buy it anyway but that Aquarium Coffee Table makes it a must have for me.

• Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I mean, I don't buy a ton of stuff packs (unless they're ones I got in bundles when I first purchased the game, or if they were ridiculously cheap, like when Spooky Stuff was on sale for like $3 over Halloween) so probably no... but on the other hand, why not?

I mean, when laundry came out and people expressed reservations, I remember people jumping all over me saying that I should buy it because it was only $10, or that I should buy it to complete my collection... and now suddenly a lot of those people are saying that it's terrible what they do? Now you suddenly get something you don't want, or think you should get for free, and EA is terrible? Please have a consistent message. I mean, I doubt there's anything brand new that I absolutely need, but I get the feeling that even some of the people saying no right now will eventually end up purchasing the pack for some reason or another (my guess - they'll count the hamster outfit as a new gameplay object?)

Either way, my favorite animal is the hedgehog and you can have one as a pet, so if I do get it, that's why. But I'll probably wait until the game is on sale, because I'm not paying $10 for something I don't care too much about (even if it is only $10).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    GenesizGenesiz Posts: 4 New Member
    No.
    No way. I agree with everyone who said this is a rip off. All of their reasons are very valid to me. The content in this pack should have been in the Cats and Dogs EP. Not only is this copying and pasting content but holding out on new content to sell separately. I was considering buying Cats and Dogs but now that I know content was purposely left out, no thanks. Its not even about the stuff anymore, its the principle.
  • Options
    RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    No.
    I find this to be the only highly questionable pack in the entire franchise thus far. The Build&Buy and CAS is usually the main bulk of the pack, and since the offered items do not do much for me, so I will sit this one out. I imagine a lot of people, who felt Cats & Dogs was a downgrade if compared to previous iterations, will not be too thrilled about this particular pack.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    No.
    I don't know yet, I love the new pet and I'd be able to have a hedgehog! But I feel like almost all the buy/build stuff is just the same stuff in C&D but with new colors, I'm not excited about the new things besides that coffee table and end table. The new pet seems adorable but that worth my money? Idk, I'm going to watch the livestream and then decide
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    It's hilarious how riled up people are getting over a random stuff pack in a silly game. I'm going to deck out my house with those weird/cool/funny pet decor things and I'm going to need a bigger house now, what with the new pets I am getting. I already have 2 dogs and a cat. I think I may quit work to properly take care of them.