Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the upcoming hampsters pack?

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2018
    Was a big no for me, since I'm not terribly into dressing up pet's in the least opposed to like a collar maybe. More pet related items and decor just seems like something that could have been in the Cats & Dog's pack and extension of an expansion pack. Feel like they just should have made a GP for more smaller animals, as I might be more inclined to part with money opposed to 'some' smaller pets in the rodent family. Lizards, birds, turtles, pet fish~ Rather than this foreboding feeling we might be getting smaller pet's divided into packs for $10.
    Though unsure since they added the guinea pig rodent disease from the sims 1 game I'm kinda 'hmmmmmm.'

Feel like the guinea pig/hamsters/hedgehogs could have been patched in. I'm happy to see some smaller pet's, BUT not so much in something like a stuff pack. Seems more so like a waste having them in stuff packs rather than something like a game pack.

Furniture looks more or less about the same. Only thing I'm more so interested in is that table. That and the void critter pet beds seem pretty cute, but other than that 'meh'. Also that hamster pen is HUGE. I really hope there is a small one because that thing seems to take up a lot of space. I'm floating around in the neutral range for this particular pack.

Can say I can see my sims using a hamster/hedgehog/guinea pig opposed to a huge fitness tredmill. On the plus side for people that don't have cat's and dogs you can still get yourself a rodent.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes in time?

I keep going back and forth how I feel about this pack, but from what we've seen in the trailer, I love all of the Build/Buy stuff. Of course I love small animals and I like that they included a voidcritter, but I'm still on the fence about $10. Going to wait and watch the livestream (assuming they're doing one?), and hopefully I'll be able to get it on sale sometime (we desperately need a stuff pack sale soon - I haven't gotten the toddler stuff yet!)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes.
    It's not the money for me. It's all the stuff. I'm getting glutted and I don't need more stuff to wade through that I won't use. I just want the hamster darn it. The aquarium table looks good too. Now with the disease added I'm gonna watch the stream and decide. I'm still disgruntled though. So nyahh!
    All the stuff about cash grab I roll my eyes at frankly. It's a business. I just expected it to be packaged differently. I hope they don't add kids stuff with all the future pets. I know I want birds for sure when they get to them.. and I don't consider them a kids pet so I'm hopeful for that one at least.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I think this would have been received better if it was for an older expansion, like Get to Work or something. This feels like it was purposefully held back to sell separately.
    I won't pay for it now! if I pay, I'll be agreeing with EA to allow to include birds in a new stuffpack and turtles in another stuffpack ... that would have no end.
    Before we received everything for animals in an expansion, now it is separated. Sad!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Yes.
    I'll be able to create the hamster I have IRL and recreate the pet rats I lost.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Yes.
    I'm guessing there'll be a live stream at some point?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    No.
    If it had been a game pack, with rodents, lizards, birds, bunnies, etc, then yes.

Hamsters and more pet clothes I'll never use? Not without a very generous sale.
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I think this would have been received better if it was for an older expansion, like Get to Work or something. This feels like it was purposefully held back to sell separately.
    I won't pay for it now! if I pay, I'll be agreeing with EA to allow to include birds in a new stuffpack and turtles in another stuffpack ... that would have no end.
    Before we received everything for animals in an expansion, now it is separated. Sad!

I've been thinking about seasons. It would be funny if in September we had seasons and the following year a stuff pack about beach activities and another about ice activities. The whole problem is in separating things that we has together in other generations. It's just about money
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    No.
    I don't tend to put clothes on my pets, and I don't really like rodents.
    There should've been more critters, new animations, new ways to play with our pets. But nope.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    Didn’t support it during TS2 & TS3, not here either.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    No.
    Nope. No point
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    At this point we're getting more info from Graham's tweets than I can keep up with so here's the thread that's catching them all. I really recommend you read through them for info.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936340/my-first-pet-stuff-simguru-maxis-sourced-info#latest
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    No.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'm assuming it'll be this Friday since the pack is releasing next week.
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    No.
    At this point we're getting more info from Graham's tweets than I can keep up with so here's the thread that's catching them all. I really recommend you read through them for info.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936340/my-first-pet-stuff-simguru-maxis-sourced-info#latest

This should be in cats and dogs anyway. Ea just want more money.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Yes.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'm assuming it'll be this Friday since the pack is releasing next week.

Thank you :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ichchenichchen Posts: 84 Member
    No.
    i think this is a new low. Even for EA.... Maybe i should just stop playing... So sad.
    Please don´t zagadoo me. I cannot deal with something like this and will have nightmares eventually. Like this one time, when I dreamed about a scary woman that told me "YOU RULE" in this very creepy voice and then clapped her hands, releasing a bunch of mindless dancers.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No.
    No way I thought Toddler Stuff was bad but this is just a whole new level.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    No.
    I’m going to say no.... I am not a fan of putting costumes on my animals. I’m happy for those who are excited for this
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Yes.
    There's no hamsters in the pack, and yes.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes.
    Just realized, is this not the fastest announcement to release for a pack we've had so far? Basically a week from teaser to launch?

Or am I not remembering one that was just as fast?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    No.
    Absolutely not. If it contained more types of small pets then maybe, but this is a hard pass for me.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Just realized, is this not the fastest announcement to release for a pack we've had so far? Basically a week from teaser to launch?

Or am I not remembering one that was just as fast?

Feels like it. Like it just came out of nowhere really. Actually wasn't expecting a stuff pack too soonish, least not this month. Was just thinking the other day what the next quarterly teaser would be for. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Yes.
    Most of the stuff in the trailer lookd pretty good actually, I think I definitely liked the outfits for the new pack better, than most of the ones that were in the oriiginal pack
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    No.
    No ferrets, no money from me.